M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#1981 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:30 pm
how are so many people drinking during the work day.
If you've ever watched any British movies/shows, you would know they love to keep a tray with a decanter of brandy or port and some glasses, so that they can calm their nerves at any moment during the day.

I can't speak for the non-Brits in the chat, however.

damo666

#1982 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:42 pm

I rarely drink between 0400 and 1100

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1983 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:43 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:22 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:19 pm
Hi everyone. I had a bad day at work, but I had a deep breath and Vodka will help.

I intend to give a good hour trying to skim the day so far and talk before I disappear back into vidja game land for a bit, but I should be able to be active from here on.

Is there any pressing topics or questions for me?
Yeah, tell us about your dance chats with ghug. What do you think of ghug?
Oh, we out then?

As I had said previously about it (anon), N0 was mostly mech and numbers talk, and cooking (Which I left out because that would narrow the field)

After N0 I felt null, I figured it was 50/50 and I had nothing to go off of. After his claim I was wary, but was content to let it play out. I pressed aaro on the matter on the matter, but he chose to keep the charade up. That made me scumread him somewhat but I figured he might have put two and two together once I pressed.

At the EoD I was super sus on ghug. I though I spotted some collusion with him and damo in the voting, and damo was pinging me anyway so I tried to cut the head off of the perceived snake.

Once HB flipped red my view changed due to ghug's EoD. He goes from Chaqa to scum when a Vecna vote would tie the wagons, unless that is SvS I don't see that happening.

N1 we discussed reads and EoD feelings. While I'm not going to speak for him, I thought he made good points and I did agree with him on more than a few points.

As of right now, I have ghug as True Blue (Trademark Pending) prior to reading up on D2. The fact I don't have a vote with my behavor reinforces this as I am a hella easy miskill in my own eyes.

Jamiet99uk

#1984 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
It's Friday night.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1985 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Phone customer service.

Booze is like armor against customer profanity, entitlement, and idiocy. The higher the number, the better the defense.

Plus it was like, 5:30 local.

Vecna

#1986 Post by Vecna » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:46 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:12 pm
damo666
Day-2 27:48
"I am totally lost with partner claims.

Anybody want to recap please.
"
This quote by damo looks really bad.
Isn't his whole case on Ghug b/c of fake partner claims that Damo is following and reading as a scumslip?
see, and people are super suspicious of my boy ezio.

such a sharp observation

sweetandcool

#1987 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:46 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Hi everyone. I had a bad day at work, but I had a deep breath and Vodka will help.

I intend to give a good hour trying to skim the day so far and talk before I disappear back into vidja game land for a bit, but I should be able to be active from here on.

Oh, we out then?

As I had said previously about it (anon), N0 was mostly mech and numbers talk, and cooking (Which I left out because that would narrow the field)

After N0 I felt null, I figured it was 50/50 and I had nothing to go off of. After his claim I was wary, but was content to let it play out. I pressed aaro on the matter on the matter, but he chose to keep the charade up. That made me scumread him somewhat but I figured he might have put two and two together once I pressed.

At the EoD I was super sus on ghug. I though I spotted some collusion with him and damo in the voting, and damo was pinging me anyway so I tried to cut the head off of the perceived snake.

Once HB flipped red my view changed due to ghug's EoD. He goes from Chaqa to scum when a Vecna vote would tie the wagons, unless that is SvS I don't see that happening.

N1 we discussed reads and EoD feelings. While I'm not going to speak for him, I thought he made good points and I did agree with him on more than a few points.

As of right now, I have ghug as True Blue (Trademark Pending) prior to reading up on D2. The fact I don't have a vote with my behavor reinforces this as I am a hella easy miskill in my own eyes.
Wait, ghug is known for cooking?

@ghug, what do you like to cook? This is important.....for the game, of course.

Also, @RHK, keep in mind that good arguments can easily come from scum. If ghug were Mafia, then pushing aaro as a misskill is incredibly easy, given aaro's play so far.

damo666

#1988 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:48 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

Oh, we out then?

I don't know about collusion but I was openly townreading ghug and my Chaqa vote was partly motivated by ghugsave.

Vecna

#1989 Post by Vecna » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:49 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:56 pm
Adding Vecna to my towncore on the basis Ham voted him

1 aaro/damo
2 Jamie/Sweet
3 brain/rdr
4 Chaqa/worcej
5 Ham/Kak
6 Ezio/Vecna
7 ghu/demon

Possible scumpairs

aaro/chaqa
aaro/ghug
aaro/demon
Chaqa/demon
Chaqa/ghug

The purple pairs are unlikely from D1 voting

So I am left with 3 pairs with the following appearance count

aaro 2
chaqa 2
demon 2

I will not vote outside these three. My order of preference is Chaqa/Aaro/Demon
how did ezio jump green?

Ezio

#1990 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:51 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:49 pm
damo666 wrote:

1 aaro/damo
2 Jamie/Sweet
3 brain/rdr
4 Chaqa/worcej
5 Ham/Kak
6 Ezio/Vecna
7 ghu/demon

Possible scumpairs

aaro/chaqa
aaro/ghug
aaro/demon
Chaqa/demon
Chaqa/ghug

aaro 2
chaqa 2
demon 2

how did ezio jump green?
Damo made a post saying he loved the fact that I was voting my partner EoD, which he just noticed thanks to the renewed partner list.

damo666

#1991 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:51 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:49 pm
damo666 wrote:

1 aaro/damo
2 Jamie/Sweet
3 brain/rdr
4 Chaqa/worcej
5 Ham/Kak
6 Ezio/Vecna
7 ghu/demon

Possible scumpairs

aaro/chaqa
aaro/ghug
aaro/demon
Chaqa/demon
Chaqa/ghug

aaro 2
chaqa 2
demon 2

how did ezio jump green?
Because he voted you day 1. I think it unlikely a scum would vote their partner that early in the game.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1992 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:52 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:46 pm
Wait, ghug is known for cooking?

@ghug, what do you like to cook? This is important.....for the game, of course.

Also, @RHK, keep in mind that good arguments can easily come from scum. If ghug were Mafia, then pushing aaro as a misskill is incredibly easy, given aaro's play so far.
We had gotten in a discussions quite a few games back regarding bread, as I mostly bake (The wife is better at flavors, I am better with rigid measurements).

That is true, scum can make good arguments, but the whole set of circumstaces around aaro make me more suspicious of him than ghug. I am more inclined to suspect the person that agrees with the crazy claim rather than the crazy claim itself.

Plue again, having not said anything about it myself, I am a super easy target that was not taken advantage of for that whole thing.

Vecna

#1993 Post by Vecna » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:56 pm

RHK, does your opinion of ghugs voting EoD1 change with the knowledge he was very vocal earlier about not wanting to kill me?

brainbomb

#1994 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:00 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
If you've ever watched any British movies/shows, you would know they love to keep a tray with a decanter of brandy or port and some glasses, so that they can calm their nerves at any moment during the day.

I can't speak for the non-Brits in the chat, however.
it seems like it is working… great…

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1995 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:01 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:56 pm
RHK, does your opinion of ghugs voting EoD1 change with the knowledge he was very vocal earlier about not wanting to kill me?
Not much. Numbers are king in a mafia game.

ghug is a very good player, and he could talk his way around a sudden shift in opinion more than losing one of only two teammates, at least for a couple days.

Inaddition, he bailed from a still strong wagon (4 HB / 3 Vec / 3 Cha) prior to his vote, he could have held fast, flip and floped to simulate momentum instead of a perceived bus

Vecna

#1996 Post by Vecna » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:04 pm

funny.

The way i interpret it is:

He was very vocal trying to kill chaqa. And then he suddenly finds himself (unexplained) on the new upcoming scum wagon.

Numbers are not king, perception is. Especially in a game without PRs.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1997 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:08 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:04 pm
funny.

The way i interpret it is:

He was very vocal trying to kill chaqa. And then he suddenly finds himself (unexplained) on the new upcoming scum wagon.

Numbers are not king, perception is. Especially in a game without PRs.
You're suggesting that scum ghug went from a living wagon to a last second bus, in a game where towncred is extremely hard to get due to mechanical facors? The only explaination is he was saving a scumbuddy, which then reflect badly on you or chaqa.

Vecna

#1998 Post by Vecna » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:12 pm

that is what im suggesting. seems it worked on plenty of people too.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1999 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:14 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:12 pm
that is what im suggesting. seems it worked on plenty of people too.
He's the lead wagon. You're advertising it like he is under no suspicion.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2000 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:24 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:48 pm
I don't know about collusion but I was openly townreading ghug and my Chaqa vote was partly motivated by ghugsave.
You what?

ghug was not in the lead when you cast that vote. It did not change the landscape at that time, simply changed which wagon had 3 voters. In addition you almost immediately dumped that vote for brain if I am reading the bot right.