M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#1701 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:34 pm
Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:33 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:32 pm
Well I think this reinforces my ghug-S&C scumread then.

s&C voted ghug for partner claim, then backed off and said I havent forgiven you.

So im guessing the plan was to set this whole thing up and put s&c on the "claiming is bad" side of the argument, and put ghug on the early claim side of it and then ride it out and mischop from both sides while keeping ghug always as his #2 option.
Brain, please stop scumreading SnC lol. Look at his vote on HB yesterday. If he's scum, he still deserves a town medal for killing his partner like that. I think your analysis will be way more accurate if you assume he's town.
his posts read as blatantly insincere to me. and laden with an agenda.
I think he's new and has a different meta than we're used to on this site, which makes him feel weird. You'll recall I scumread him at the start too. I just don't read him as insincere. Also he caught scum.
Ya you made a case against HB, but SnC got him killed. That's too much evidence in a vanilla game like this to ignore the literal next day.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1702 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm
Tempted to vote Aaro but D1 VCA means Chaqa flip is necessary.

##vote Chaqa
Why are you tempted to vote Aaro?
Why does D1 VCA necessitate voting me?

basically. Why?

worcej

#1703 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:03 am
You fucking people need to move on from the idea that "Jamie is being calm = Jamie is scum".

If you don't, I will have to stop playing here because you are driving me out of the site.
You forget the nuance of “Jamie didn’t do much of anything D1 either” portion of the scum read too.

brainbomb

#1704 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:41 pm

Correct me if im wrong but the end hammer thing is a bit every game. where we just pick some person and eden, ghug, bona, chaqa, or whoever all votes a person and threatens to end hammer them. And it never actually amounts to anything.
I think maybe this joke was lost on Jamie in this case. I was not really planning on killing Jamie, it seemed like a poor idea at least. I was actually asking questions about jamie to everyone while voting him and got no responses to my discussion items.

But his outburst is pretty bad. I expect he will be remorseful for how he said some of those things.

Ezio

#1705 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:43 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:39 pm
Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:36 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:33 pm
It isn’t a trope when he consistently behaves a certain way but suddenly isn’t.

I am not saying he is an asshole who is mean, I am saying that when people do tropes themselves, like the meme posting, Jamie has consistently commented on it as something he finds annoying. He completely avoided it this time - that tells me that he is being more controlled with his approach and I believe that is a sign of him being scum.
Or it's a sign of him trying to be more controlled because being a confrontational ass isn't always enjoyable.
The reason I'm giving him such cred is b/c his EoD vote was also critical in getting HB.
We're not going after Jamie today.
You disregard my point that I think Jamie’s voting near EOD1 could be more about protecting Chaqa and I see a flip of Jamie as good information on sorting him out as well.
idk man. That requires an *exact* scumteam of Jamiet+Chaqa+HB, *and* Jamiet choosing not to vote Vecna. In the world where that's the scumteam, maybe most of the time Jamiet will choose to bus for sure, but def not all the time. I know I personally would never bus a teammate there.

That seems a lot less likely than just:
Jamiet looked at the wagons at EoD and voted the scum from among them. Kinda the most town thing a person can do.

worcej

#1706 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:21 am
I have to agree with Jamiet here. I was losing fun to play when people keep pushing my "towntell" to scumread or townread me.

Imagine if your towntell that people expect is to swear and yell. This isn't great and we as a community should not go this path. This happened before at least with Worcej and Brain, so it's not just a Jamiet thing.

And by the way, I think Jamiet moving back to HB after voting Ghug give him a pass at least for today. I would focus on people not on HB or last minute voters. Of course could be a hard busser, specially if other scum was on the block, but I think it's either one busser or no busser so we have better odds outside HB wagon.
How is Jamie not a last minute voter? His first vote for HB was with 13 minutes left in the phase, jumped off to not get a tie, then back on in the last second. Nothing about his vote should give him town credit.

Otherwise - if you don’t like meta reads, I am sorry. But some people are very easy to get a reaction from on certain items and it helps sort them out when they’ve done nothing additional to really make themselves be town.

Ezio

#1707 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:45 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:40 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
You fucking people need to move on from the idea that "Jamie is being calm = Jamie is scum".

If you don't, I will have to stop playing here because you are driving me out of the site.
You forget the nuance of “Jamie didn’t do much of anything D1 either” portion of the scum read too.
Also this, yes his press wasn't great d1. But he *was* a critical vote on scum at EoD. That's worth a shitton.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1708 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:45 pm

You guys also seem to forget my primary reason for voting HB was to test whether brain’s case held water.

From my perspective brain is the real hero

worcej

#1709 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:41 pm
Correct me if im wrong but the end hammer thing is a bit every game. where we just pick some person and eden, ghug, bona, chaqa, or whoever all votes a person and threatens to end hammer them. And it never actually amounts to anything.
I think maybe this joke was lost on Jamie in this case. I was not really planning on killing Jamie, it seemed like a poor idea at least. I was actually asking questions about jamie to everyone while voting him and got no responses to my discussion items.

But his outburst is pretty bad. I expect he will be remorseful for how he said some of those things.
Nothing he’s said moved my needle here. It was overwhelmingly exaggerated and I consider our votes a provocation for it.

brainbomb

#1710 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:46 pm

So aaro, before the game you said scum had some really sneaky tricks they could do in this setup to throw off town.

was sorting the game by pairs one of them?
was faking chat partners and tricking town into agreeing to swap one of them?

worcej

#1711 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:46 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:45 pm
worcej wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Also this, yes his press wasn't great d1. But he *was* a critical vote on scum at EoD. That's worth a shitton.
We cross posted how I disagree with this

worcej

#1712 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:49 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:58 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:54 pm
##Vote Worcej

He knows me well enough not to endhammer me for "being calm".

Such bullshit.
I'll cop to this being an idea worcej and I had in our private chat on Night 0 since it worked to sort you out last game.
I confirm we did coordinate and plot to sort Jamie out.

aarodactyl

#1713 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:46 pm
So aaro, before the game you said scum had some really sneaky tricks they could do in this setup to throw off town.

was sorting the game by pairs one of them?
was faking chat partners and tricking town into agreeing to swap one of them?
Nope. All of the fun ones relied on mechanics that went away after Eden clarified that the history in singles chat goes away when a new person joins.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1714 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:49 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:44 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
I have to agree with Jamiet here. I was losing fun to play when people keep pushing my "towntell" to scumread or townread me.

Imagine if your towntell that people expect is to swear and yell. This isn't great and we as a community should not go this path. This happened before at least with Worcej and Brain, so it's not just a Jamiet thing.

And by the way, I think Jamiet moving back to HB after voting Ghug give him a pass at least for today. I would focus on people not on HB or last minute voters. Of course could be a hard busser, specially if other scum was on the block, but I think it's either one busser or no busser so we have better odds outside HB wagon.
How is Jamie not a last minute voter? His first vote for HB was with 13 minutes left in the phase, jumped off to not get a tie, then back on in the last second. Nothing about his vote should give him town credit.

Otherwise - if you don’t like meta reads, I am sorry. But some people are very easy to get a reaction from on certain items and it helps sort them out when they’ve done nothing additional to really make themselves be town.
He voted Ghug and then moved back to HB. Unless both HB and Ghug are scum (a possibility) I don't see scum Jamiet doing this. Anyway, I prefer to flip Ghug first in this case.

I don't have nothing against Meta reads and I used it a lot. I don't like meta that is about people being abusive somehow. There is a big difference.

worcej

#1715 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:51 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:38 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:58 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:54 pm
##Vote Worcej

He knows me well enough not to endhammer me for "being calm".

Such bullshit.
I'll cop to this being an idea worcej and I had in our private chat on Night 0 since it worked to sort you out last game.
Well you can both suck my fucking plums.

Ezio

#1716 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:52 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:46 pm
Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:45 pm
worcej wrote:
We cross posted how I disagree with this
eh whatever. He moved off and back on in like 20 seconds or something. I'm not too worried about that, *because* he moved back so fast.
Are you saying he moved off from HB to try to avoid bussing and hoped people would follow him *instantly*?

brainbomb

#1717 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:52 pm

So rdrivera, to that point. I didnt make any such statements about Jamie nor say he is too calm. And he attacked me anyway. the things he said my direction were pretty hostile and I was just joking around in voting him at the time.

brainbomb

#1718 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:01 am
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:58 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:30 pm
Bet you 100% right now Damo is not paired with a Republican.
discuss
You child. You fucking moron. You can't even tie your shoelaces without a diagram, you little shit.

Discuss?

Scum are not paired with other scum.
I was betting that Damo was scum.
Duh.

Fucking moron.

Go play with your crayons.
here I was actually posting topical reasons to NOT be voting Jamie, or to ask why Jamie made this game related comment.

worcej

#1719 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:54 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:49 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:44 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

He voted Ghug and then moved back to HB. Unless both HB and Ghug are scum (a possibility) I don't see scum Jamiet doing this. Anyway, I prefer to flip Ghug first in this case.

I don't have nothing against Meta reads and I used it a lot. I don't like meta that is about people being abusive somehow. There is a big difference.
Jamie and you misunderstand my point extensively: I didn’t say that Jamie didn’t turn into a “see you next Tuesday” - it was that he didn’t react at all about it.

Look back on the whole Bunny just doing +1’s and how he reacted - it wasn’t abusive or mean, but it was annoyance. I would expect a level of annoyance from Jamie with the memes and then all the mech talk, but he didn’t engage at all.

Truth be told - I think Jamie’s blow up here is fake because at no point did I imply I expected him to be an asshole, it was that he didn’t react period.

brainbomb

#1720 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:55 pm

I guess the point was lost on him that I was actually said Jamie wouldnt make that comment if he was scum with damo, but I wanted a larger discussion about demonRHK in that.