M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#1681 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:24 pm

I'll come clean.

Worcej is not my partner, ghug is.

brainbomb

#1682 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:25 pm

dishonesty is sometimes fine, sometimes necessary
being complicit in dishonesty is sometimes not terrible, but mostly bad

if someone claims they were roleblocked when they werent, and they are town. thats usually bad. and I know because ive done it.

when someone fakes a cop guilty on someone thats bad. if the person being scanned said, yep im mafia, when they are town, that would be really bad.

if someone claimed to be masons with someone, when they arent, thats bad because that makes a non difference check. in this case youve created a bad difference check for town to sort by. and youve allowed it to happen.

so thats moderately bad

aarodactyl

#1683 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:26 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:22 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:16 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:09 pm

If you're not partnered with ghug you're probably just being obtusely anti-town at this point.

You mentioned your day 1 sucking, and I think it's more a statement of fact than a narrative.
I think we fundamentally disagree on the value of having that information during D1. I would argue that many people (including yourself) had a way worse D1 from the perspective of mechanics.
aaro, stop thinking about mechanics. They really don't matter nearly as much as you seem to think at this point.
We've already flipped a scum. We have a full day and night of actual press to read. When we flip the next scum, we'll get another clear (unless we've already killed their partner). That's basically all that matters at this point.

Continuing to focus on mechanics remains a significant waste of time, and basing all of your reads and interactions on this will be useless to the rest of us. Nobody else (except maybe SnC) will care about it.
I’m not focusing. I’m just being a bit defensive because I think the mass claim was a huge mistake and it’s annoying to hear I had a bad day one from anyone other than brain.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1684 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:26 pm

We both told each other we were scum and it's been awkward in there since.

brainbomb

#1685 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:27 pm

im gonna ignore all this shit because I have a feeling most of this is crap lol

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1686 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:57 pm
Well this is bizarro world.

aaro cant be scum with ghug
and sweet cant be scum with Jamie

but sweet can be scum with ghug
and aaro can be scum with sweet

and sweet wants to kill ezio, and ezio wants to kill damo

vecna trusts sweet, and sweet only secondarily wants to kill ghug in most situations

worcej wanted to kill ghug and s&C secondarily.

Aaro wants to kill ghug, damo and / or s&C and ghug

Damo?? I have no idea what damo wants this game.

I am unclear on what Jamie wants this game other than revenge on worcej

I am unclear on what chaqa ultimately wants this game

I think based on my chat rdrivera primarily wants ghug to die

I also have no idea what demonRHK wants this game at all, hes spent around 70 hours voting no kill.
My main suspects are Ghug based on his behavior D1 and Damo based on VCA. I would also consider voting Ezio or Demon too.

aarodactyl

#1687 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:25 pm

if someone claims they were roleblocked when they werent, and they are town. thats usually bad. and I know because ive done it.

when someone fakes a cop guilty on someone thats bad. if the person being scanned said, yep im mafia, when they are town, that would be really bad.

if someone claimed to be masons with someone, when they arent, thats bad because that makes a non difference check. in this case youve created a bad difference check for town to sort by. and youve allowed it to happen.

so thats moderately bad
I think doing that later than now is moderately bad. Fwiw I thought it was an obvious shitpost until all the mass claiming happened.

Ezio

#1688 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:25 pm

so thats moderately bad
I think it's important to think about the ramifications of the play. If you are town and you see someone lying in an attempt to save themselves from being dk'd, cc'ing is frequently necessary in roles with mafia PR's to ensure they die.

If you see someone saying something that is confirmably false, but doesn't necessarily help them or their scum teammates, what's the problem? Like someone who's nowhere close to being scumread fake claiming town PR. Sometimes it's good.

In this instance, what's the scum motivation for lying about the partners?

worcej

#1689 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:30 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:58 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:17 am
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:17 am
Jamie scumgame usually is to ask more inconsequential questions than is necessary because thats what he thinks people think he does when hes town
Look at his D1 and tell me you don't see a shit ton of inconsequential questions.
Other than his last minute vote that helped catch HB, it is true that Jamiet didn't make much of an impact. But it really doesn't feel like his scum game.

One can probably make the same argument against me. I felt like I had a poor D1 that was only saved by my Ham vote.

I think a Jamiet vote is an extremely poor vote D2. At least wait a couple of days.
Who are better kills than Jamie?

brainbomb

#1690 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:32 pm

Well I think this reinforces my ghug-S&C scumread then.

s&C voted ghug for partner claim, then backed off and said I havent forgiven you.

So im guessing the plan was to set this whole thing up and put s&c on the "claiming is bad" side of the argument, and put ghug on the early claim side of it and then ride it out and mischop from both sides while keeping ghug always as his #2 option.

brainbomb

#1691 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:32 pm

but whatevs. not gonna focus on that aspect of it. it doesnt change my scumleans anyway

worcej

#1692 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:33 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:00 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:15 am
I think Jamie is scum - he has been abnormally calm and controlled when things that generally piss him off would cause at least some form of reaction from him. He should've been irate at the Chaqa meme posts only, but never commented on it.

His D1 was making noise to not lurk, but not actively doing anything of merit. He asked questions of people, but didn't make much of a case except he wanted to vote out lurkers/afk people. His votes near end of phase were masked as not allowing ties, but could easily be from the perspective of trying to protect Chaqa from being actually killed.
I really agree with Jamiet that this is a tired trope. Nothing has been directed at him that is likely to piss him off this game.
It isn’t a trope when he consistently behaves a certain way but suddenly isn’t.

I am not saying he is an asshole who is mean, I am saying that when people do tropes themselves, like the meme posting, Jamie has consistently commented on it as something he finds annoying. He completely avoided it this time - that tells me that he is being more controlled with his approach and I believe that is a sign of him being scum.

Ezio

#1693 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:32 pm

s&C voted ghug for partner claim, then backed off and said I havent forgiven you.

So im guessing the plan was to set this whole thing up and put s&c on the "claiming is bad" side of the argument, and put ghug on the early claim side of it and then ride it out and mischop from both sides while keeping ghug always as his #2 option.
Brain, please stop scumreading SnC lol. Look at his vote on HB yesterday. If he's scum, he still deserves a town medal for killing his partner like that. I think your analysis will be way more accurate if you assume he's town.

brainbomb

#1694 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:33 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:32 pm

Brain, please stop scumreading SnC lol. Look at his vote on HB yesterday. If he's scum, he still deserves a town medal for killing his partner like that. I think your analysis will be way more accurate if you assume he's town.
his posts read as blatantly insincere to me. and laden with an agenda.

damo666

#1695 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm

Tempted to vote Aaro but D1 VCA means Chaqa flip is necessary.

##vote Chaqa

Ezio

#1696 Post by Ezio » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:36 pm

worcej wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
worcej wrote:
I think Jamie is scum - he has been abnormally calm and controlled when things that generally piss him off would cause at least some form of reaction from him. He should've been irate at the Chaqa meme posts only, but never commented on it.

His D1 was making noise to not lurk, but not actively doing anything of merit. He asked questions of people, but didn't make much of a case except he wanted to vote out lurkers/afk people. His votes near end of phase were masked as not allowing ties, but could easily be from the perspective of trying to protect Chaqa from being actually killed.
I really agree with Jamiet that this is a tired trope. Nothing has been directed at him that is likely to piss him off this game.

I am not saying he is an asshole who is mean, I am saying that when people do tropes themselves, like the meme posting, Jamie has consistently commented on it as something he finds annoying. He completely avoided it this time - that tells me that he is being more controlled with his approach and I believe that is a sign of him being scum.
Or it's a sign of him trying to be more controlled because being a confrontational ass isn't always enjoyable.
The reason I'm giving him such cred is b/c his EoD vote was also critical in getting HB.
We're not going after Jamie today.

brainbomb

#1697 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm

##vote Chaqa
##Vote Damo
##End

damo hates fake claims of any kind. he said this last game even. even when town won doing it. he hates them. cant stand them. he wouldnt do this unless he felt he personally had something to gain from it and the only scenario where thats a thing is if damo is just mafia

worcej

#1698 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:49 am
worcej wrote:

You fat, ignorant, American cunt. I am fucking sick of this. You know me, Worcej. You know that what you are posting here is shit. You fucking loser.

Listen to me, all of you, you stupid fucking soap-eating cretins.

Oh, do I have your attention now?

Did you want angry, sweary Jamie?

Good. Eat my fucking shit, and read this post.

I can have a tendency to get bitchy and lose my temper. This has gotten me into trouble in the past, even to the extent that it has caused me to be banned from playing Mafia a couple of times.

I have, therefore, made serious efforts to be calmer, to step away from the screen when I am angry, to avoid posting aggressive, expletive-filled posts, like this one.

What do I get in return?

What do I get from the fucking toxic, nasty people in this community, when I try to be nice? When I try to be kind? When I try not to lose my temper?

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I FUCKING GET.

I GET:

"JAMIE IS CALM, HE MUST BE SCUM!"

FUCK YOU.

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

YOU MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO BE NICE.

damo666

#1699 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:36 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm

##vote Chaqa
##Vote Damo
##End

damo hates fake claims of any kind. he said this last game even. even when town won doing it. he hates them. cant stand them. he wouldnt do this unless he felt he personally had something to gain from it and the only scenario where thats a thing is if damo is just mafia
What fake claim are you on about? You've totally lost me.

worcej

#1700 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:39 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:36 pm
worcej wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Or it's a sign of him trying to be more controlled because being a confrontational ass isn't always enjoyable.
The reason I'm giving him such cred is b/c his EoD vote was also critical in getting HB.
We're not going after Jamie today.
You disregard my point that I think Jamie’s voting near EOD1 could be more about protecting Chaqa and I see a flip of Jamie as good information on sorting him out as well.