M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#1381 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:06 pm
I'm not super sure on this outside the town core, but this is roughly where I am at.

Town Core
DemonRHK
Kakarroto
Vecna
worcej

Lean Town
aarodactyl
damo666
rdrivera2005

PoE
brainbomb/Jamiet99uk*
Ezio
ghug
sweetandcool

*I either brain is scum OR Jamie is scum, not both, maybe neither.
Also why is RHK in your towncore?
See below:
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:25 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:15 pm
Good shit guys! I have like 30 minutes then I have to run to commentate a race for a couple hours.

So I am going to only cast one real vote a day. Don't ask me why. I have to do something to be weird and it's not trying to piss everyone off this game lol
This should be suspicious but locktown.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1382 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:40 pm

Yes, I do base reads on as little as one post like that.

It works.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1383 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:49 pm

Day one, aaro's expressions of opinions on alignments were as follows:
  • A naked vote on worcej for claiming his partner.
  • On S&C, prompted by Ezio: "I think he’s playing well and is agreeing with me. Unfortunately, I’ve never played with him before so it’s hard to know if that’s a towny or just neutral. I don’t get scummy vibes though."
  • A naked vote on Vecna I think for being bad at math.
  • Some reinforcement of the Vecna scumread as being vibes in addition to math
  • A summary of opinions with certainly that I'm scum, scumleans on Vecna, worcej, and maybe damo, and a null on brain with a refusal to vote him because his posting is good for town. (Side note, I think this makes aaro/brain unlikely.
  • Thinks Chaqa is dumb or scum, presumably because of the partner claiming.
  • "I think people that pushed claiming likely contain at least one scum."
  • Reiterates the Vecna scumread for absence and says Rd is similar.
  • Joke townreads brain on contraction theory.
  • Talks about trusting brain's hunch on HB but not his case, and doesn't really vote or mention HB directly.
  • Votes Kak for reviving the math discussion.
  • Scumreads me again, saying the scumread on worcej has faded and that he'd consider HB.
  • Agrees with Jamie that brain looks bad for not following through on HB.
  • Votes me.
  • Votes Hamilton at the end.

To summarize, that's nine scumreads and zero townreads, with four of those scumreads (worcej, Vecna, Chaqa, Kak) based probably on mechanics and three others (damo, Rd, and brain) only mentioned once in passing.

I was giving aaro a bit of a pass for this early on because he was clearly very excited about the setup, but at this point it seems pretty clear that he's not really trying to solve.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1384 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:44 pm
To explain, I get off work at 430 central. I pick up the baby. yesterday I had to work late and a bunch of things went awry with a case at my job. So I was not off till closer to 5. I picked up the baby from daycare (not on phone while driving). then went to my in laws to mow the lawn, and its 93 degrees outside, its hot (did not have my phone).

Finished mowing, got back to my phone around flip at EOD. got home. checked to see HB was dying.

Never logged in because I no longer trusted the case anyway.
Last game I missed a phase and town killed scum ghug. so from my mentality I had talked plenty, argued plenty. had made my case and I was not really all that sure of it anymore.

Saw HB died, flipped mafia. I was amused, pleasantly surprised. I told rivera in my chat "I guess im done for, I just dont know how ill survive this insurmountable Jamie case".

Rivera never expressed any doubt in the dance chat that I was mafia. His reaction to my initial posts was to ask "wtf is all this". I wouldnt say rivera is suspicious of me at all. Which maybe is a bit odd. hes being super quiet and I asked him if hes mafia to kill jamie for me and he didnt reply since.
I already said here in the thread I don't think you are scum when I agreed with Vecna.

Your view on me is weird as you just ignored the post where I said HB read list was too many effort with too little content before voting him. And you also twisted my read on Kak, I was townreading him and just wrote wrong that he was obvious as scum (but it still was pretty clear I wasn't scum reading him this game).

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1385 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:50 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:40 pm
Yes, I do base reads on as little as one post like that.

It works.
I don't have a problem with that in general, but I don't see why he'd be locktown for that post. Can you elaborate?

brainbomb

#1386 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:00 pm

Volume Tell Analysis Ezio
Day 1 M42: 21 posts (Town)
Day 1 M41: 7 posts (Town but died by vig)
Day 2 M40: 9 posts (Mafia subbed in day 2)
Day 1 M38: 26 posts (Town)
Day 1 M1006: 17 posts (Town)
Day 1 M36 : 9 posts (Town)
Day 1 M50: 20 posts (town)
Day 1 M44: 27 posts (Town)

Day 1 M32: 43 posts (Mafia) Vanilla Game
Day 1 M35: 16 posts (Mafia)
Day 1 M1000: 10 posts (Mafia)

brainbomb

#1387 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:11 pm

Ezio volume is matching his M32 scumgame at 50 posts day 1. The most Ezio has ever posted in a game on webdip.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1388 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:13 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:45 pm
rivera2005 is saying he thinks ghug tried to save HB in our chat

and he credited my case about HBs bad readslist as the reason why he voted HB and said I deserve some credit.
I think you’re town but I’d appreciate if Rivera could confirm that he said that.
I confirm I said that. I skipped HB readlist because I had limited time and I dislike big walls, specially as D1. When Brain made his case on HB I read the readlist and found it scummy as hell.

brainbomb

#1389 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:28 pm

From the Vecna-Ezio dance chat

Vecna: we must dance, the rules require I lead. place your hand on my hip and grab my hand.

Ezio: ##Vote No Dance

Vecna: I must insist that you dance. This is the rules

Ezio: Where I come from, we do not dance. Such things are for weak people.

Vecna: Where I come from dancing is a way of life. I dance while eating my breakfast. I dance while taking a piss. I dance while driving my car which is why ive had so many wrecks. In Europe all we can do is dance and pay taxes.

Ezio: Europe sounds terrible

Vecna: It is great. Other than when we had black plague and stuff.

Ezio: I will dance with you if you agree to rub my back.

Vecna: I will do this, if you agree to dance to the ritualistic song of my people.

Ezio: What is that?

Vecna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbnn9Tm ... eRefresh=1

Ezio

#1390 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:36 pm

Vecna's and my chat is just us both agreeing how townie we think the other is now. We're clearing many of the players in the game now, so I think we're doing pretty well.

We're both 100% town on:
SnC his vote on HB was the nail in the coffin for that wagon. Towniest thing possible as there were so many wagons available.
Kak: (mechanics),
Vecna: Main couterwagon, great posts, all around beautiful person
RDR: His vote on HB was critical. Turned the HB wagon into a real one, and stayed there until he went down. Guts ring true as well (I'm slightly less sold on this since my gut's been wrong on RDR too many times).
Jamiet: His votes on HB was also huge. His switch off and back on looks perfect. No way does a scum do that imo.
Ezio: No justification given just
"
[4:20 PM]Vekna: eh, youre good in my book
[4:21 PM]Vekna: i dont feel like youre scum at all at this point
"

sweetandcool

#1391 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:37 pm

This is a chronological progression of the things I am talking about:
brainbomb: Anti-sweetandcool
brainbomb:More anti-sweetandcool
brainbomb: Anti Aaro, sweetandcool, and RHK
brainbomb:Votes RHK
Ham: Pushes against Aaro and sweetandcool
Ham: Does anyone need an explanation as to how this is an obvious attempt to MK sweetandcool?
Ham:Again, pushing Aaro and sweetandcool
brainbomb: Mentions Ezio, Jamiet, and Vecna for lurking, but otherwise anti Aaro, sweetandcool, RHK
brainbomb: Thinks Aaro and sweetandcool are not teammates. Favours sweetandcool as scum
brainbomb: Rails against RHK and sweetandcool
brainbomb: Preambles case against RHK and sweetandcool, which they literally call a case
Ezio: Likes brainbomb's case against RHK and sweetandcool
brainbomb: Writes case against RHK and sweetandcool, throws ghug in, but with not nearly the same focus as on RHK/sweetandcool
Ham:Small reads list, praising brainbomb's suspicions against RHK, sweetandcool, and Aaro
Ezio: Asks Aaro their read on sweetandcool
brainbomb: First suspicion of Ham (did mention the pre-game they made a wild guess of Ham being scum).
Ezio: Ezio notably criticizes sweetandcool by drawing attention to something scummy sweetandcool said, just like HB did
Ham:Really praises brainbomb, did they miss brainbomb suspecting them?
Ezio: From here on out, Ezio focuses on sweetandcool and completely forgets they were convinced by brainbomb's case against RHK. They briefly get off of sweetandcool and then hop back on. This last post of the day is interesting, here.

All of that was chronological. The beauty of it is that I didn't leave out anything notable that contradicts the narrative that I believe in (that Ezio is scum). In hindsight however, I realize I neglected to mention brainbomb's townreads, which may also be a reason HB supported brainbomb. Too much work to go back and do that and put it in this post.

And before I hear any squawking that I missed some posts, I don't feel like I really did, but it's possible one might feel like a few inconsequential posts by brainbomb needed to be put in there.

Lastly, it is true that after the last Ham post I cited, Ham did post their big reads list that softened their stance on everybody. Those posts are worth looking at, and I will be doing that separately later, but I don't think they hurt/help the narrative I am looking at currently.

Jamiet99uk

#1392 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:28 pm
From the Vecna-Ezio dance chat

Vecna: we must dance, the rules require I lead. place your hand on my hip and grab my hand.

Ezio: ##Vote No Dance
OK this is very funny. +2.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1393 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:45 pm

Someone agree with me on aaro please.

sweetandcool

#1394 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:46 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:45 pm
You raise good points. At the moment I feel like there are bigger fish to fry. I will look into Aaro at some point. You know I am open minded. But what about Ezio??

brainbomb

#1395 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:49 pm
Day one, aaro's expressions of opinions on alignments were as follows:
  • A naked vote on worcej for claiming his partner.
  • On S&C, prompted by Ezio: "I think he’s playing well and is agreeing with me. Unfortunately, I’ve never played with him before so it’s hard to know if that’s a towny or just neutral. I don’t get scummy vibes though."
  • A naked vote on Vecna I think for being bad at math.
  • Some reinforcement of the Vecna scumread as being vibes in addition to math
  • A summary of opinions with certainly that I'm scum, scumleans on Vecna, worcej, and maybe damo, and a null on brain with a refusal to vote him because his posting is good for town. (Side note, I think this makes aaro/brain unlikely.
  • Thinks Chaqa is dumb or scum, presumably because of the partner claiming.
  • "I think people that pushed claiming likely contain at least one scum."
  • Reiterates the Vecna scumread for absence and says Rd is similar.
  • Joke townreads brain on contraction theory.
  • Talks about trusting brain's hunch on HB but not his case, and doesn't really vote or mention HB directly.
  • Votes Kak for reviving the math discussion.
  • Scumreads me again, saying the scumread on worcej has faded and that he'd consider HB.
  • Agrees with Jamie that brain looks bad for not following through on HB.
  • Votes me.
  • Votes Hamilton at the end.

To summarize, that's nine scumreads and zero townreads, with four of those scumreads (worcej, Vecna, Chaqa, Kak) based probably on mechanics and three others (damo, Rd, and brain) only mentioned once in passing.

I was giving aaro a bit of a pass for this early on because he was clearly very excited about the setup, but at this point it seems pretty clear that he's not really trying to solve.
holy shit did ghug really make a case. okay I gotta read this.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1396 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:49 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:46 pm
ghug wrote:
You raise good points. At the moment I feel like there are bigger fish to fry. I will look into Aaro at some point. You know I am open minded. But what about Ezio??
Ezio's in a PoE clump with damo and RHK for me behind my main scumreads. I'm not really moved by brain's case and your most recent post with the links is formatted such that I'm not finding any meaning in it. Can you summarize?

sweetandcool

#1397 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:49 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
ghug wrote:
Ezio's in a PoE clump with damo and RHK for me behind my main scumreads. I'm not really moved by brain's case and your most recent post with the links is formatted such that I'm not finding any meaning in it. Can you summarize?
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I tried so hard to format it. I figured link quoting is way easier to read than just blobby quotes everywhere.

TLDR: HB had an anti aaro/sweetandcool agenda, and loved brainbomb's reads. brainbomb's reads were against RHK and sweetandcool, with some anti-aaro sprinkled in. Ezio posted in a way that seemed coordinated and supportive of HB and brainbomb.

My post is very anal about chronology because brainbomb doesn't remember the chronology of their own reads and uses that as a way to dismiss my case on Ezio.

sweetandcool

#1398 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:55 pm

ghug wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
ghug wrote:
It's actually quite similar to your format with bullets, except I used my bullets as links.

Jamiet99uk

#1399 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:56 pm

ghug wrote:
I'd like to see Aaro reply.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

brainbomb

#1400 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:58 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:53 pm
ghug wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I tried so hard to format it. I figured link quoting is way easier to read than just blobby quotes everywhere.

TLDR: HB had an anti aaro/sweetandcool agenda, and loved brainbomb's reads. brainbomb's reads were against RHK and sweetandcool, with some anti-aaro sprinkled in. Ezio posted in a way that seemed coordinated and supportive of HB and brainbomb.

My post is very anal about chronology because brainbomb doesn't remember the chronology of their own reads and uses that as a way to dismiss my case on Ezio.

What is your goal with this case and what you are arguing for?
initially you said it was that ezio had an agenda against you and DemonRHK. and you begged me to reread the case.

I told you I already agreed ezio was scum and was trying to make a wagon on you.

I still dont see where DemonRHK is part of any of this. or where HB and Ezio ran up a wagon on RHK.

That part of the story is absent. the evidence does not suggest ezio or HB pushed demonRHK ever. anywhere. at all