M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#1001 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:13 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:47 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:43 pm
I'm quite keen to put my trust in this Brain/Brian thing, actually.

##Vote Hamilton
Did you notice that Brainbomb had moved off Hamilton, onto you, by the time you cast this vote?
He gets lost sometimes, but he’s got the spirit

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1002 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:15 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:44 pm

you're actually willing to entertain this case when everyone else thinks its just meta and is totally preposterous?
I think your Hamilton case is good work. There's possibly something in it. But you don't need to be this melodramatic all the time.
I think we do. the way we play mafia here is a mutant stepchild of the gentlemans game that used to be played here with this stuff began. Go back and read the old games and no one was ripping off one liners and zingers, and page wasting clatter. There werent 30 pages a day there were 30 POSTS a day because people didnt feel like they needed to blather.

the game is about investigating murders. and finding clues to catch MURDERERS. this isnt about showing off, this isnt about gushing over who has the best bluster posts, or vibes. Hunt, investigate, PROVE your theories, capture the mafia. this is what the game is.
And 29 of those posts were, statistically, wjessop

Kakarroto

#1003 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:27 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:25 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:54 am
Clearly I am in favor as I already claimed.
sweet against
aaro against (at least in the beginning)

brain not pro, not con

demonRHK sees no advantage nor disadvantage, claims to have played out the scenarios; is NOT supporting it, but doesn't see any anti-town

jamies partner (whoever that is) says it's on balance, bad for town

Also, I guess this is now outdated and not needed anymore. For what's worth, my stance has been cautiously pro claim, since I didn't see a major flaw and no one who saw wanted to explain it to me.
Why are you reacting to something you know is out of date?
because maybe it's going to be important in the future and I did the work to collect what I saw from my read

maybe 9 of 10 such posts are unneccessary, but the 10th post will be helpful or something. Also, if I put work into something and it doesn't look it's anti town I don't want it to be lost

Kakarroto

#1004 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:39 pm
Vecna (4) aarodactyl Ezio Jamiet99uk Hamilton Brian
ghug (3) worcej* Chaqa sweetandcool
Chaqa (3) damo666 ghug brainbomb

leaving our fate to rdrivera, demonRHK, kak, and vecna

will be curious if we get some subs or modkills here also
???

I was sure I voted correctly

Kakarroto

#1005 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:49 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:44 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:10 pm

I think people that pushed claiming likely contain at least one scum.
can we now get the reason, WHY 'we' shouldn't have done that? Or would that influence mafia too strongly?
Why we shouldn’t have claimed? I posted an explanation in my channel to the gos thread and I’m happy to link it to you once the game is over. There are currently some unclaimed pairs so it’s not impossible that the mechanism will still exist. Definitely unlikely though.
so should I claim that I can FINALLY see this? or will you post it so I DON'T claim

Kakarroto

#1006 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:25 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:52 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:51 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:19 pm
I think we should all agree that the math doesn’t matter at this point. I’m sure that I’m doing it correctly. I honestly didn’t read damos explanation of it so idk if his math is legit or not.

All that said, I like math a lot and I’m happy to walk to kak or anyone else through it after the game is over. But let’s please stop the math wall posts. I know I started it but I naively thought that I’d explain it once and we’d be done.
If you are so smart, do it NOW and show me how town and maf percentages come together. What's so hard to do that?
Tldr you’re doing it fundamentally wrong. We’ll discuss later.
Well I don't believe you. I'm very happy that I'm voting you. Or at least I should but brain posted something that I don't.

Ezio

#1007 Post by Ezio » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:28 pm

I'm pretty sus of aaro switching off of Vecna as we're nearing EoD and Vecna was the top wagon. Very possible scum buddies getting cold feet about bussing into the ground.

Kakarroto

#1008 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:28 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:09 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:06 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:40 pm

right now (page 29 info): hmm, well, since I'm voting ezio and I've seen him posting, I'll first ##unvote since what I've seen looks more like lazy town (or RL is important-town) than mafia. I'm not very confident in that right now, but at least more than in others so I don't want to vote ezio out today.

Vecna was very desinterested in the game, I mean it might be just even lazier town, but whereas ezio showed signs to want to know things and asks stuff, Vecna was just ... shortly here. Maybe that chances in the next pages, but meh. Totally unimpressed. I'm cautious of voting lurker out since I was told gamewise it's kinda bad play, but still I don't like the lurk-gamestyle and lurk-na stood out of the bunch with it.

for the second, something about aaro-damo pinged me, maybe it's just the same thing as a few games ago the bozo-argument I had where bozo and worcej were on one side and RD and some others and I on the other side. It turned out that the loudest there were all town and maf just hid. Maybe sweet is part of this too, I don't have the clean townread for sweet like in last game, but I also don't have a maf-read. Probably different vibes here.

Huh, not much left. I'm pretty sure brain and worcej are town this game. Chaqa I lean towards slight town. I like jamie so far this game, RD is RD so until a few days he get the usual time from me. Ezio ... well a light townlean, but I really want to see more from him. Hamilton, I'd say is also a light townlean, I don't like that he has me as potential mafia but as I had a very dizzy day yesterday, I can see where he comes from.

demonRHK ... I don't know. Probably null. Maybe I should have a closer look at him when I'm finished reading.

then probably actually someone from aaro-damo-sweet. I need to entangle that here, and it's connected to too much mechanical stuff.

Oh right, I nearly forgot ghug. Cheebus, ghug is way off my radar, I mean I read some posts from him, I recall even liking posts from him ... but it feels like he isn't in this game. That's not good. I mean I wouldn't say it's maf ghug, but boy, something doesn't add up, either somethings up with ghug or my attention.

Well, so back to the question: currently I think it's Vecna with one of (aaro-damo-sweet-ghug). Hmm ... that's right, there is one known team of aaro-ghug, as far as we know, so maybe we should clear that ... I guess I try this: ##vote ghug
Is anyone going to comment on this? It seems incredibly scummy. Come back brainbomb, what do you think of Kak?

Kak just seems to be shilling common opinions but in a very noncommittal way.
Kak have been obviously town last time he was scum, I am not seeing the same thing this game.
wha? I was? Last time I was maf I was shot 10 minutes before EoD1 it I'm not wrong. I don't think I was much towny then, but maybe I remember it wrong?

Vecna

#1009 Post by Vecna » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:29 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:50 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:36 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:22 pm
Good morning everyone. Caught up while I am working. Brain is tunneling me, which is fine. I was one of the few people to interact with his opening post so I made myself an obvious and easy target for now.
In order for me to be tunneling, you have to be here talking to me; and then I have to be ignoring what you are saying to fit my own narrative.
That's...kinda what you are doing? I have been interacting where I am around and able, and, from my view, you're hammering the peg to fit what you want regardless.

I know this is your SOP, you like to garner reactions, and then pass summery judgement off of that first interaction, but at least own up to it a little.

I'm sorry if you've felt like I have been part of those that have poked fun / slighted / insulted you thus far. I'm trying my damnest not to be a dick anymore
im trying pretty hard not to spam the thread with my read actions, but this post requires quoting. RHK is genuine as balls thia game to me.

strong disagree with all the suspjcions there.

and im prettt sure i nailed him as scum after his first 3 posts last time i played.

this aint it

Kakarroto

#1010 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:31 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:43 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:08 am
aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:44 am

Can you rate their math abilities out of ten? Asking for a friend.
Normally better but I believe he's earnestly wrong.

You gotta start doing something besides mech talk, dude.
maybe I'm wrong about ghug. Maybe it is aaro. ##vote aaro
nah, I should be still voting aaro

Vecna

#1011 Post by Vecna » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:31 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:29 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:53 pm
@DemonRHK
I do not feel like ive been insulted at all. Nor poked fun at. The LVP comment was surprising from ghug but I assumed there was nothing actual about it.

Otherwise all of my interactions have been about a 6/10 as far as intensity. Nothing truly heated has occurred here.

I havent been hammering away at you insofar as I made a case, and I happen to still think it has some validity. I really dont think ive been unreasonable, I saw vecna using some reasoning to townread you and I question that read but thats more an indictment on him then you for example.

By all means keep playing and if you feel like my boot is on your neck just let me know im being too much to navigate the thread under this immense pressure
Come on brain, you know I full Streisand under any suspicion. Always have.

So I have been thinking on when the best time is for a mass claim, if at all. Without going to much into it, as I would rather not discuss optimal scum strategy for them, I think it will likely be in the D3-D4 range, depending on amount of miskills. What I am curious in opinions on is claiming on the gallows. What does everyone think? I'm of the mind that uless it isn't needed unless there is false info flying around (which is something else no one has discussed)
more genuine freeflow discourse and thought.

town

Kakarroto

#1012 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:32 pm

also, finally through the whole thread, I'm pretty happy right now voting aaro

I suggest you all should consider voting aaro too

Vecna

#1013 Post by Vecna » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:32 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:32 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:35 pm

I don't think the level of messaging on private chat is alignment indicative, specially at N0. In fact, a townie is more likely to forget to enter discord then a scum.
You think so? I'd say everyone would be checking in as soon as the discord link were received. If anything, I think mafia would be more apprehensive to get in there right away. The more time spent dialoguing means more time spilling something to hang them on later? I don't know. That could just be me.
as opposed to this.

very generic thoughts. stuck in plattitudes in every post so far.

one of my stronger suspicions

Vecna

#1014 Post by Vecna » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:33 pm

only read like 40% but also not understanding townreads on kaka yet. no spicytakes at all so far.

Ezio

#1015 Post by Ezio » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:34 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:33 pm
only read like 40% but also not understanding townreads on kaka yet. no spicytakes at all so far.
I just went through and did an iso on him and I suggest everyone else does the same. His content has been awful.

Kakarroto

#1016 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:35 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:33 pm
my spicytake is to get aaro D1 so mafia will get ghug N1 to get rid of a townclear

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1017 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:36 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:28 pm
I'm pretty sus of aaro switching off of Vecna as we're nearing EoD and Vecna was the top wagon. Very possible scum buddies getting cold feet about bussing into the ground.
Solid point.

Kakarroto

#1018 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:36 pm

Anyway, what are your 3 current mafia reads @VECNA

worcej

#1019 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:06 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:36 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:33 pm
Worcej, have you ever felt this confident on D1 before?
Frankly speaking, no. But I am also not on the defense for stupid reasons and have been able to focus on reading players more than just OMGUS'ing.

I could of course be wrong on you, but I don't think I am and that's a better reason to vote than just hip firing someone randomly.
I've just never seen you end and refuse to move a couple hours into D1 before. You've seemed pretty townie, but you have fooled me D1 recently and it feels very out of character.
There are several people being out of character this game already, so this shouldn't be special to just me.

aarodactyl

#1020 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:39 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:28 pm
This is fair. I moved because Kak’s been super weird. I was debating going back to vecna but they’ve since appeared. I’m somewhat naive but I also buy their explanation for their low posting. They also rescinded their call out of my math, and those were the two scummy things they’ve done. I feels overly convenient but I’m assuming it’s legit for now.