MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#1221 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:41 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:03 pm
I'm mostly exploring this because I told ghug I'd sheep him and now feel somewhat bad that I am not in fact sheeping him

(his last post indicated rdr bona jamiet in no particular order)
ghug also omitted Chaqa from his town reads.

Dousing

#1222 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:43 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:50 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:48 pm
Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:43 pm

If nobody followed up on your theory, I think the natural town move is to bring the theory up again.

I don't understand why you would allow someone your voting on (and is by extension highly suspicious) to face zero scrutiny from you UNLESS you didn't want to draw attention to yourself but still wanna look active
First, it does keep coming up. You've just brought it up again, thank you. My vote is an encouragement to discuss it (oddly even President Eden hasn't even chimed in). Secondly, I am strongly suspicious of Koala, so if my comments go nowhere, I will probably be switching to them. In the meantime, I am keeping Eden under close scrutiny to see if anything else about their behaviour speaks to me.
Not everybody has to play town the way you think town should be played.
Not everyone in the town is a townie either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bozotheclown

#1223 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:48 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:24 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:20 pm
I have a better one now. I must be Mafia because I have been mis-spelling Balrog all this freaking time. Thanks Jamiet for pointing that out.

##VOTE KoalaAttack

for justice in the world. (Don't worry SnowyBalrog, I'll probably come back to you before EOD after someone else who suspects you but doesn't wanna wagon-share with me does.)
I am so triggered by Koala's self voting. I'm probably going to be considered suspicious for this, but I don't care.

##VOTE KoalaAttack
I always consider self-voting a possible scum ploy, because there really is no reason to ever do it as town.

Bonatogether

#1224 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:49 pm

dousing i think you're town, and i think that post shows what you says it does, but i just don't think that confidently claiming to have done more than what the record shows is scummy for newer players

sweetandcool

#1225 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:53 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:41 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:01 pm

Go to the peterbot. I have literally staked the anti-Eden wagon.
Let me be so bold as to put forward a definition we can mutually agree on:

to "stake" a wagon would imply ACTIVELY pushing arguments against someone to drum up votes against them. This also implies reinserting arguments against that same person into discussions if your arguments get buried under a mountain of shitposts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that's a reasonable definition. So lets examine EVERY one of your contributions to the anti-Eden wagon and see if you've lived up to it.

Let's see...

...ah! Here's one instance!

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:16 pm

This is why President Eden is actually tied with Koala as my number one suspect. When I was suspecting Fox, they swooped in and encouraged that. Then, somewhere along the line, I swear they did the same thing with damo, but I can't find it. And now they are supporting a push for Chaqa.

Kind of seems like they are happily encouraging momentum against different people without actually providing much original thought. Nobody suspects them because people feel happy to be validated by them.

##VOTE President Eden
...and that's the end of it I believe!

So you've put a small explainer text next to your vote against Eden and call that "staking" a wagon?

I'd disagree; you need to actually follow up that text if you wanna truly "stake" a wagon against someone. After all, I could argue I "staked" an anti-Jamie wagon because I voted for them earlier as a laugh.

sweetandcool wrote:
rdr and sno may have started the anti-Fox wagon, but I was the only one who really committed to it with arguments.
This is exactly my point, thanks for the help!. Your attack on Foxcastle is the exception that actually proves the rule. It was only after you were confident you can hide in the midst of a bunch of townies that you decided to target foxcastle.

Also you only "committed" to an anti-foxcastle wagon because Fox raised (justifiable) concerns about you. Doubtless, you would've just hid behind the townies had Fox not actively perused you (like a... fox... get it?)

***also GEE, when Foxcastle had "staked" a wagon against you, they actually--you know--PERUSED a line of inquiry!*** Did they simply go "I said my part, its up to the town to pick up the discussion from here"? Didn't think so...

Looking at Foxcastle's posts, I saw a genuine interest to get to the bottom of things. Looking at yours, I see lot of probing being done to feel whether anyone else picks up your argument. Two very different styles going on
sweetandcool wrote:
And my actions garnered several sweetandcool votes on day 1.
Okay? That's because Fox was grilling you not because you heroically stood up to "stake" a wagon as you claim. That stuff kinda happens when suspicion is levied against you
sweetandcool wrote:
What is this nonsense about me not sticking my neck out??
It's your incessant probing and probing and TL;DR

Your theories aren't organic and are overwhelmingly ephemeral; the only time you follow through on your probing accusations are when someone else takes charge.
As annoyed as I am that you are reading me so poorly, I can't really read you either way (that is, I'm neutral to you, but annoyed).

You make a good point about staking. It's unfortunate that others voted Fox before me, because from my point of view I was the first, and I certainly was the one carrying the case. Without me, I don't think the wagon would have grown to a MK. Obviously there is no way for me to prove this, but lack of peterbot at the time definitely made me feel like the first voter.

I don't recall now, but despite what I just said it is possible I did notice the other votes. However, I also caught onto the fact that a lot of the D1 votes were just jokes and nonsense in the first half, and I'm pretty sure those other two votes fell under that umbrella at the time.

Evidence: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msg?g=7 ... 1&var=vote

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msg?g=7 ... 5&var=vote

Dousing

#1226 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:53 pm

ARRRG I just don't see Koala as mafia!!!!!

It's the vibe, it seems authentic

besides, I think Koala has had a rather tight defense especially since noone can really put up a fair argument against them.

I also don't see them as bad because I am the person that closest to actually defending them and Koala is an afterthought to Eden and S&C in my eyes

Bonatogether

#1227 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:54 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:53 pm

besides, I think Koala has had a rather tight defense especially since noone can really put up a fair argument against them.

I also don't see them as bad because I am the person that closest to actually defending them and Koala is an afterthought to Eden and S&C in my eyes
why was my argument not fair

Dousing

#1228 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:59 pm

@ Sweetandcool I don't understand why you're so annoyed about being targeted when there's not a single vote for you

KoalaAttack

#1229 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:48 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:20 pm
I have a better one now. I must be Mafia because I have been mis-spelling Balrog all this freaking time. Thanks Jamiet for pointing that out.

##VOTE KoalaAttack

for justice in the world. (Don't worry SnowyBalrog, I'll probably come back to you before EOD after someone else who suspects you but doesn't wanna wagon-share with me does.)
I am so triggered by Koala's self voting. I'm probably going to be considered suspicious for this, but I don't care.

##VOTE KoalaAttack
I always consider self-voting a possible scum ploy, because there really is no reason to ever do it as town.
I agree with you if we consider self-voting at EOD that actually helps to decide the vote. Self-voting early with lots of time to go though...

Hmm... one example of a reason is to basically use self as bait for an easy wagon to see who jumps on it – it generates useful data and content for the Town to see. And even if you flip as Town 2 days later in the game due to either a DK or a NK, thorough and logical players like yourself Bozo can always go back in the Peterbot and find these datapoints.

sweetandcool gets a pass for not considering this, but I am a little surprised someone like Bozo would not even consider this TBH given what I'm used to from Bozo's very data and logic driven playstyle.

Bonatogether

#1230 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:01 pm

if you mean something about impartiality, i don't think there can be a completely impartial (or for that matter, ironclad) case because we are all connected to each other in different ways and we have extremely little information with a definite meaning

Dousing

#1231 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:02 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:54 pm
Dousing wrote:

To be honest

To be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT honest... I forgot and I'm too lazy to look back because it kinda hurts my head to reread the same argument for like the fourth time.

All I know was that I don't think there was anything substantial you've put against Koala and that there wasn't really a smoking gun I could identify.

besides, there hasn't been any new allegations against them aside from what can essentially be summed up as "Koala sus". TBH, Koala's right, it a lot harder to prove innocence rather than guilt

Dousing

#1232 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:03 pm

Why is Damo and Jamie voting Koala again?

sweetandcool

#1233 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:04 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

##VOTE KoalaAttack
I agree with you if we consider self-voting at EOD that actually helps to decide the vote. Self-voting early with lots of time to go though...

Hmm... one example of a reason is to basically use self as bait for an easy wagon to see who jumps on it – it generates useful data and content for the Town to see. And even if you flip as Town 2 days later in the game due to either a DK or a NK, thorough and logical players like yourself Bozo can always go back in the Peterbot and find these datapoints.

sweetandcool gets a pass for not considering this, but I am a little surprised someone like Bozo would not even consider this TBH given what I'm used to from Bozo's very data and logic driven playstyle.
Actually, I had that same thought, Koala. I was initially annoyed, but then your self-voting actually gave me some substantial things to go on. I've forgotten what changed my mind from that to it just being incredibly annoying. When I do the deep dive I shall remember, presumably.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1234 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:05 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:24 pm
##vote Eden?

I really need to hear more from rdr
What do you want to hear from me? Ask and I will answer you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1235 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:43 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:27 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:25 pm

Why do you scumread John Henry Eden?
I'm working off this very arbitrary and frankly baseless assumption that koala and rdr are scum and trying to see who fits

Eden makes sense in my head hard to say more on the matter for now
Rdr / Koala / Eden scumteam...

Possible.
No. I am town. Koala is probably town. Eden I don't know.

Dousing

#1236 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:05 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:24 pm
##vote Eden?

I really need to hear more from rdr
What do you want to hear from me? Ask and I will answer you.
Literally anything I presume, you're tied with the GM on posts so far.

What's your stance RE: Koala and RE: S&C?

sweetandcool

#1237 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:59 pm
@ Sweetandcool I don't understand why you're so annoyed about being targeted when there's not a single vote for you
Because I'm well known for being a skilled analyst. And I've spent considerable effort on my posts. And I've at least put up real arguments, whereas a lot of other players just chime in with opinions with little to no given reason. And I totally drove the Fox wagon and it's a bit insulting to be told I was safely bandwagoning.

I just wish I had the charisma to convince you to stop wasting your time focusing on me :P

President Eden

#1238 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

##VOTE KoalaAttack

What all have you learned from these baiting sessions?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1239 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:46 pm
@Damo:

Using base 6 or base 12 (your choice), could you calculate the percentage chance of Rdrivera, Koala, and President Edam being the scum team?
I can. Zero.

Dousing

#1240 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:11 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:02 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:54 pm
Dousing wrote:

To be honest

To be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT honest... I forgot and I'm too lazy to look back because it kinda hurts my head to reread the same argument for like the fourth time.

All I know was that I don't think there was anything substantial you've put against Koala and that there wasn't really a smoking gun I could identify.

besides, there hasn't been any new allegations against them aside from what can essentially be summed up as "Koala sus". TBH, Koala's right, it a lot harder to prove innocence rather than guilt
All I know @Bona is that you're good at smokescreening and that I haven't heard anything new from you RE: Koala than just "he's mafia". If you reiterate your points I'm willing to change my position but I really don't buy voting someone who didn't even join the Fox wagon on D1