MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#901 Post by snowy801 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:26 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:24 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:13 pm
##vote rdrivera
I love you too Snowy.

Ghug is an interesting choice to NK. Eden and Bona came to my mind as possible scum who kills Ghug N1.
Do they seem scummy independent of this thought?

President Eden

#902 Post by President Eden » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:36 pm

I asked ChatGPT who the scum is and it said not to ask derogatory questions.

Dousing

#903 Post by Dousing » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:37 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:59 pm
Cya possibly never

Last minute notepad which may or may not be useful

dousing
eden
sweetandcool
bona
damo666

chaqa
bozo
rdrivera2000

ghug
jamiet99uk
KoalaAttack
How do I read this?

Dousing

#904 Post by Dousing » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 pm

Also sorry for being inactive I was doing a mixture of sleeping/working and reading the thing Eden wrote back in 2014

Bonatogether

#905 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:49 pm

Dousing wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:37 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Cya possibly never

dousing
eden
sweetandcool
bona
damo666

chaqa
bozo
rdrivera2000

ghug
jamiet99uk
KoalaAttack
How do I read this?
presume it's a list of people in order of how he reads them (townier at top, scummier at bottom), with groups separated into buckets

Dousing

#906 Post by Dousing » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:49 pm

Also from rereading the chat I can definitely see where KoalaAttack is coming from RE: Foxcastle. I’m hindsight I really wish I read Koala’s posts more carefully D1 because foxcastle convincing Koala not to suicide seems like town behavior (from what litre I’ve learned about town-mafia dynamics this far)

I’m kinda confused why Koala didn’t push harder for Foxcastle’s innocence though…

Dousing

#907 Post by Dousing » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:50 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:49 pm
Dousing wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:37 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Cya possibly never

dousing
eden
sweetandcool
bona
damo666

chaqa
bozo
rdrivera2000

ghug
jamiet99uk
KoalaAttack
How do I read this?
presume it's a list of people in order of how he reads them (townier at top, scummier at bottom), with groups separated into buckets
If that’s true the list should read

Dousing

Everyone else

President Eden

#908 Post by President Eden » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:53 pm

Dousing wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 pm
Also sorry for being inactive I was doing a mixture of sleeping/working and reading the thing Eden wrote back in 2014
🤝

KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 79: The Damo is awakened[GAME THREAD]

#909 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:05 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:58 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:34 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:04 pm
frankly your case is lame

also, it seems evident to me that because you refused to make a read or significantly participate in the game until other people had gone ahead and done some work already, your lame case is indicative of that you were trying to freeride onto a real active townie's case in a way that obscures your own lack of critical thinking and solving effort

your literal reading of what i said is just dodging what i meant
Fine so my case is lame in your opinion. That's not the point. The point is my case was not about Foxcastle.

Frankly to me this seems like Bona first trying to mis-represent my case to line up a MK, and then when I call Bona out on it switching tack on "your case is lame".

I stand by this is extremely Suspicious.

I think Bona is Mafia together with sweenandcool.
i never said your case was about foxcastle. i said it was reliant on him because if he didn't go out on a limb to make a case and get momentum in the direction he wanted, i don't believe you would have the spine to come out with such a weak case.

why do you say it was suspicious? demonstrate why scum bona is more likely to call you out than town bona

we'll see if you actually vote that
My case on sweetandcool had literally nothing to do with Foxcastle. I maintain it's Suspicious you keep trying to mis-represent it as somehow related.

I don't think my case is weak, I think it's much stronger than any you posted so far, and I will not fall for your typical trolly baiting.

OK!

##VOTE Bonatogether

damo666

#910 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:05 pm

##vote Koala

KoalaAttack

#911 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:05 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:40 pm
Correction/clarification – Bona could also be Mafia stand-along if sweetandcool is Townie. Still makes sense to mis-represent my case for a MK and even earn some brownie points if sweetandcool flips first in that case.

I just think Bona is very suspicious here regardless of sweetandcool's alignment.
flail harder
yawn – troll funnier please

Jamiet99uk

#912 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:08 pm

Dousing wrote:
Also from rereading the chat I can definitely see where KoalaAttack is coming from RE: Foxcastle. I’m hindsight I really wish I read Koala’s posts more carefully D1 because foxcastle convincing Koala not to suicide seems like town behavior (from what litre I’ve learned about town-mafia dynamics this far)

I’m kinda confused why Koala didn’t push harder for Foxcastle’s innocence though…
So you agree with Koala but you don't understand Koala.

O k a y.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#913 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:09 pm

@Koala

I asked you a question.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

KoalaAttack

#914 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:09 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:09 pm
First a follow up question: You say that Foxcastle was the person, specifically, who persuaded you not to suicide. Then you say you saw an EoD wagon on Foxcastle, but you didn't care about that and were happy to let him die. How do those two things add up? The one person who persuaded you to change your outlook on the game was a late wagon and your response was "shrug, who cares"?? Why didn't YOU care?

Now to answer your question:

Damo was bothering me because he was apparently being very low impact on purpose. He was contributing little, yet he took time out to ask if I was breaking the rules by altering the thread title, which he KNOWS is not against the rules because I've done it in loads of games. So that seemed like content-for-the-sake-of-appearing-to-post whilst in fact contributing nothing at all. Seems a bit sus. Having said that, he's put a little more effort in tonight.

Snowy mostly pings me for his repeated naked votes, and then his reaction to me when I asked him to actually explain his suspicions - which, you'll note, he was reluctant to do. Suggests perhaps his votes were insincere or that he doesn’t care. Again just not very towny.
Re follow-up question: I said I didn't plan to be around EOD and only had a few moments to check in right at the end (meetings run on the hour, it was literally like :58 or :59 or something like that). If I had seen a tie with Foxcastle I that I could have broken away from Foxcastle I would have. But what I saw at that time was a done deal Foxcastle vote – "runaway wagon" as I said.

Do I care about helping save Foxcastle I think is Townie? Yes. Did I care enough to be late to my important customer meeting I need to prepare? No (sorry Foxcastle). Plus I'm not sure I could have changed anyone's mind at that point anywho. So, yeah, *shrug*...

Thank you for answering my question.

KoalaAttack

#915 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:11 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:12 pm
Night Flavor:
The four contestants are eager to take place in the first item up to bid. Bob smiles as he spins around with his typical arm-wave flair.

"Alright ladies, show us the first item today!"

A beautiful model walks up holding a small item on her wrist. The announcer kicks into gear.

"Today's first item is.... A sportsman diving watch!"

The crowd ooohs and awwws as if on cue. Bob looks down to damo666.

"You're first up to bid."

Damo666 leans in and states "$100"
Koala goes next with "$500 Australian Dollars!" ($335 USD)
sweetandcool fires back quickly with a bid of "$336!"

Bob Barker looks shocked at the sudden blanket bid. He looks to the final contestant, ghug, who could easily bid $337 and snatch this item and the upcoming showcase for himself.

ghug leans down and says very calmly
"$40,000"

Bob Barker looks at him skeptically "Are you sure? That seems to be a little too much..."

ghug just nods to Bob, indicating acceptance of his bid. Everyone in the crowd begins to chant "Too much" - it begins to echo in a shaming fashion, growing in resonance at the outlandish bid made. In annoyance, ghug walks away from the podium before Bob Barker can even read the actual retail price.

ghug HAS DIED! HE WAS A VANILLA TOWN!
Day 2 has begun. You may now post.
Poop, RIP ghug, thanks for sharing EON thoughts.

PS: why wouldn't Damo bid $666

KoalaAttack

#916 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:14 pm

Dousing wrote:

I'll respond one more time, since everyone seems baffled why I'm prioritizing my actual work meetings over a forum game which was broken for first half of D1. Sorry folks, it's just the way it is. If I had time to be around EOD to argue the case, I would have. Not at the cost of my work.

KoalaAttack

#917 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:09 pm
@Koala

I asked you a question.
And I believe I have since answered. I am reading the posts (in the Peterbot!) in order they came in and responding in order I read them.

Bonatogether

#918 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:27 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:05 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:34 pm

Fine so my case is lame in your opinion. That's not the point. The point is my case was not about Foxcastle.

Frankly to me this seems like Bona first trying to mis-represent my case to line up a MK, and then when I call Bona out on it switching tack on "your case is lame".

I stand by this is extremely Suspicious.

I think Bona is Mafia together with sweenandcool.
i never said your case was about foxcastle. i said it was reliant on him because if he didn't go out on a limb to make a case and get momentum in the direction he wanted, i don't believe you would have the spine to come out with such a weak case.

why do you say it was suspicious? demonstrate why scum bona is more likely to call you out than town bona

we'll see if you actually vote that
My case on sweetandcool had literally nothing to do with Foxcastle. I maintain it's Suspicious you keep trying to mis-represent it as somehow related.

I don't think my case is weak, I think it's much stronger than any you posted so far, and I will not fall for your typical trolly baiting.

OK!

##VOTE Bonatogether
you literally aren't reading a single thing i'm saying

your case is pure hokum. it'd blow over in a strong wind.i deleted some crass things because i really can't find something positive to say about it.

if you were willing to put in a modicum of effort to read the thread, you would would spot this message, this message, and this post, which, together with your self-evidently scummy question-dodging over the night, provides the totality of a case against you

you're also trying to paint what i'm saying in a bad light by calling it ' my normal trolly baiting' when it's really not troll and it's really not bait. i'm scumreading you with reasons, and we're debating this

Bonatogether

#919 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:08 pm
Dousing wrote:

So you agree with Koala but you don't understand Koala.

O k a y.
yeah i didn't understand that either

KoalaAttack

#920 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:30 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:27 pm
you literally aren't reading a single thing i'm saying

your case is pure hokum. it'd blow over in a strong wind.i deleted some crass things because i really can't find something positive to say about it.

if you were willing to put in a modicum of effort to read the thread, you would would spot this message, this message, and this post, which, together with your self-evidently scummy question-dodging over the night, provides the totality of a case against you

you're also trying to paint what i'm saying in a bad light by calling it ' my normal trolly baiting' when it's really not troll and it's really not bait. i'm scumreading you with reasons, and we're debating this
I read every post of yours. I just don't agree with it. Please don't conflate not agreeing with and not reading – and please don't get frustrated because someone does not agree with you in a game about lies where they think you are Mafia.

I think you are Mafia. You think I am. I think your case against me is garbage. You think my case against you is.

But I am definitely not trying to debate you. I am perfectly happy to be voted on and MKed if it helps town. Especially if it helps build a case against you whom I believe is Mafia after my flip confirms my Town status to everyone else. So I'm totally fine with where this is heading.