MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
celaph

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#1961 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:53 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:15 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:10 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:03 am

How does me bringing up my failures have anything at all to do with this??
I've seen you brush off the 'kgray is a good player' comment too many times to count at this point by saying you're actually bad. And this isn't exclusive to just this game.

You keep trying to stop this perception that you're a good player - why is that?
You know what, I'm not having this fucking conversation anymore. I've literally lost the game for town every time I've been in mylo/kylo so saying I'm not good at this isn't fake. I'm not. I think I'm valuable because I notice stuff but I hate having to make the final decisions and it has literally never gone well.

And this still has nothing to do with what ghug questioned, which is that I support you, worcej, being shot. Literally nothing at all. So we're done with this.
While you were the one losing, I think you're too hard with yourself when it comes to taking the blame. Even from the God QT M62 I thought that Bozo was more sus than Chaqa that last day. I think I would have voted similarly to you.

celaph

#1962 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:59 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:38 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:27 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:50 am
darg is unccd with an inno scan and was not even rbd
I think this means that we have a watcher (or darg is mafia). Otherwise, you're right that he's the obvious rb target.
Why would darg be RB’ed in this setup?
He was an uncc'ed cop until about 5 hours left in the night when he rescinded. And I don't believe that many believed his retraction leaving him as a likely outed cop who the mafia seemingly just ignored.

worcej

#1963 Post by worcej » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:01 am

Actually, I have yet to see any note or GM call that the mafia have a factional RB.

##call GM - is there a faction RB for mafia?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1964 Post by ghug » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:04 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:47 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:56 am
So, here's some general precepts I've got right now to think about this:
1. The RHK voters are *most likely* mostly town. I would imagine if a bus occurred at all, it was Maniac or kgray, based on the lateness of Maniac's vote and kgray leaving and coming back. I don't think celaph or food are bussing there.
2. I think Kakarot is town, based on him being a counterwagon to RHK. I had thought his voters were scummy, but it seems like Dargo is good, and brain seems town enough. Damo could be cleared *IFF we find out for sure he was roleblocked by scum and not a town RBer.

Putting this together, I think the most likely people to be scum are in the group that isn't mentioned above. That leaves, to me:
- Yavu
- Worcej
- Rivera
- ghug
- Hamilton
- Jamiet
- Macca

If possible, I think Kak should shoot one of these group (since with Darg re-claiming I don't think we should jump to flip him yet) or maybe Maniac, since I'm pretty sure he's scum.

Would everyone agree that, *generally*, that's a good list to look in? I know after the game where ghug, Bozo, and Durga bussed day 1, we're all a bit scarred, but it feels like that didn't happen here given how close the wagons were. If scum were on RHK, they could easily have moved to a different wagon without much backlash and gotten Kak, HB, or even brainbomb killed.
When we catch scum day one, there's usually a deep busser. This is the same simplistic logic you used to avoid having useful opinions the last time you were scum.
I'm not saying there isn't a busser, but Chaqccam's Razor says we shouldn't be tinfoiling so early. And I don't know what logic you're talking about, last game I was scum was (I think) the one where I won 11v1? I remember working my ass off that game.
I remember you doing a lot of "nobody could have possibly bussed" logic.

It's really easy to keep a specific person from dying day one. If scum let it happen, they're either incompetent, or it was providing them deep cover. Ignoring that in constructing a view of the game is going to make it less than holistic.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1965 Post by ghug » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:05 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:01 am
Actually, I have yet to see any note or GM call that the mafia have a factional RB.

It's in the doc with the complete setup.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1966 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:23 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:04 am
Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 am

When we catch scum day one, there's usually a deep busser. This is the same simplistic logic you used to avoid having useful opinions the last time you were scum.
I'm not saying there isn't a busser, but Chaqccam's Razor says we shouldn't be tinfoiling so early. And I don't know what logic you're talking about, last game I was scum was (I think) the one where I won 11v1? I remember working my ass off that game.

It's really easy to keep a specific person from dying day one. If scum let it happen, they're either incompetent, or it was providing them deep cover. Ignoring that in constructing a view of the game is going to make it less than holistic.
Well, among the RHK voters, who do you think would want to bus the Stalker, arguably one of the more powerful roles, when there were viable alternative wagons in Kakarot, Brainbomb, and Hamilton?

Maybe the answer is that at least one of them is also scum? That could explain why there was a Day 1 scum kill.

Fluminator

#1967 Post by Fluminator » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 am

Normally I'd make a new thread for this, but whenever I'm in a mafia game I kind of treat it as a shitposting general thread because I like it that way.

Does anyone have any country recommendations to move to, to avoid getting arrested for accidental tax fraud?

Fluminator

#1968 Post by Fluminator » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:27 am

Also Celaph has changed his posting style since his first game

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1969 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:54 am

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 am
Normally I'd make a new thread for this, but whenever I'm in a mafia game I kind of treat it as a shitposting general thread because I like it that way.

Does anyone have any country recommendations to move to, to avoid getting arrested for accidental tax fraud?
The Congo

worcej

#1970 Post by worcej » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:05 am
worcej wrote:

It's hella sad that I read that document multiple times and missed that until you said this.

BobMcBob

#1971 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 am

worcej wrote:

##GM note: The mafia do have a factional RB that they can use. It can not be performed by the same person who performs the factional NK. Just in case anybody was still wondering.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1972 Post by ghug » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:37 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:23 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:04 am
Chaqa wrote:

Well, among the RHK voters, who do you think would want to bus the Stalker, arguably one of the more powerful roles, when there were viable alternative wagons in Kakarot, Brainbomb, and Hamilton?

Maybe the answer is that at least one of them is also scum? That could explain why there was a Day 1 scum kill.
I feel like everyone on the wagon except food is kinda scummy on their other merits.

SvS is definitely a possibility. My being completely wrong is also a possibility, but it's not the only one.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1973 Post by ghug » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:38 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 am
ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:

It's hella sad that I read that document multiple times and missed that until you said this.
Ok we get it you're townslipping.

worcej

#1974 Post by worcej » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:21 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:38 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 am
ghug wrote:

Ok we get it you're townslipping.
Or just being lazy.

Jamiet99uk

#1975 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:29 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:42 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:38 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:31 am
Vecna was N1 fearkilled by a scum team concerned with his solving, which narrows down a few potential people for a scum pool (kgray, Fluminator, darg, Chaqa, and Jamie).
Explain this list please.
My opinion is this group of players would advocate for a Vecna N1 kill because he's a good solver and gets a lot of traction/attention from town players. He's somewhat a leader in many games and can get people to believe him.

I (believe incredibly strongly but don't have exact mafia games so don't roast me for facts) have seen each of you as scum say to NK Vecna for reasons like this in prior games.
You are wrong about this, in terms of me. As scum I have been successful in getting Town Vecna to townread me, on multiple occasions.

Jamiet99uk

#1976 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:32 am

Everything I said about Maniac yesterday remains true today, and unless other dramatic events occur, I would like to daykill either Maniac or Dargorygel today.

My reasoning for Dargorygel is simply his cop claim and retraction. It looks like panicky Mafia rather than town to me. As town he would surely care more about putting the real cop at risk, whereas as Mafia, of course, he doesn't need to care about that at all.

Jamiet99uk

#1977 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:28 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:03 am
Second... I did believe (and still do) that I was heading for the death-room when I announced my claim. I cross posted (literally) vecna and kgray discussing making a switch, or i would have taken my chances.

I imagined everyone screaming cursings at me for not claiming when it became clear that I was going to be DKed. So i announced.
Are you knew here?
Is this your first time playing Mafia?

We know that it is not.

When you claimed, more than four hours were left to go until EoD, and you were absolutely not some kind of runaway wagon in the way you've tried to suggest. There were never more than four votes on you, with 20 players alive.

You are an experienced player and GM. You have therefore seen dozens and dozens of D1s. More than enough to know perfectly well that having four votes on you is NOT "clearly going to be DKed" and it is absurd of you to suggest this.

It is simply not plausible to believe that you are a non-PR town who was so scared of being killed that you felt it was necessary or sensible to fake-claim a major town PR at that point in time.
dargorygel wrote:
I unclaimed for one purpose... hoping to give the scummies and wolfie just enough reason to doubt. 'specially the wolf.

I preferred scum to kill me than the wolf.
This is also nonsense. Utter rubbish. If you wanted to draw an NK, sticking to your PR fakeclaim would be a better way to do that, than retracting it. It's not like the real Cop was going to CC you during the night, huh?
dargorygel wrote:
I don't recommend kak's gun being used to shoot me. It's a waste.
I agree. We should daykill you.
dargorygel wrote:
But I would not like to waste all day while people argue about which time I lied.

So... if you are going to kill me... vote and hammer.
Sure, if that's what you want, I am willing to call your silly bluff.

##END

yavuzovic

#1978 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:40 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:31 am
In other non-mafia game news, pretty sure Yavuz was featured in today's TommyK's HOI4 video. That was neat to see.
I don't understand what this means

BobMcBob

#1979 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:41 am

Day Two Vote Count 1.0

celaph (2): brainbomb, Fluminator
dargorygel (2): Jamiet99uk, foodcoats
Maniac (1): ghug
Jamiet99uk (1): Maniac
worcej (1): kgray

Not voted (11): Bonatogether, celaph, Chaqa, damo666, dargorygel, Hamilton Brian, Kakarroto, Macca573, rdrivera2005, worcej, yavuzovic

End votes on dargorygel: Jamiet99uk (1 out of 10 necessary)

Currently nobody is set to drink a cup of hemlock.

You have lots of minutes remaining.

##GM note: I am mildly annoyed you forced me to spend time working out how to format endvotes. I was just about to post this and everything.

yavuzovic

#1980 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:32 am
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:30 am
My innocent investigation is not as nice as it might appear.
a) driver could have messed me up, and given me the scan on someone else.
b) the person I investigated, if the ww, would result in an inno.
c) and obviously, could be a godfather.
Pretty sure you would know if your result was impacted by the driver.
Why though?
"Driver:
You are the DRIVER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may visit TWO other players player by PM'ing the GM’s with the order ##DRIVE <NAME> AND <NAME>. Any actions performed on player one will be transferred onto player two, and vice versa. They will not be notified of your visit. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <LINK>. You win when the Werewolf and all of the Town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening."

And even if notified, he wouldn't be the one swapped. He would investigate A and driver would swap A and B.