MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted.
Message
Author
brainbomb
Posts: 2067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Rodoripol
Karma: 237

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#641 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:38 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm
I also prefer ending phases an hour early (at 5 PM ET rather than 6). But I think we will have to point out that the phase is ending an hour early (at 5 PM ET rather than 6) many times before everyone remembers that the phases end an hour early (at 5 PM ET rather than 6).
Yea this was kinda fucked up on the gms part. Why did we get robbed an hour of discussion time?

brainbomb
Posts: 2067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Rodoripol
Karma: 237

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#642 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 am

Does anyone object to me using my serial killer on jamie, yav or bozo?

Speak now or ill pick my mystery target instead

yavuzovic
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Skies
Karma: 51
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#643 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am

Kill me and I leave.
I don't want to serve this stupid town. Somebody says they are mafia and they didn't lynch him.
Tell me a reason for a town to declare themselves scum.
Though brainbomb started to say he is sk now. With this town, he will survive until he is killed. People don't want to lynch him.

yavuzovic
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Skies
Karma: 51
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#644 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am

1) Teacher asks DrCJG why he has a problem with thedip
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:14 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 pm
My problem with thedip is i dont know if he is around
1. Why is this a problem?

2. Talk to me about your fox read (Im going to go find it, but also want to see if anything has changed).
2)DrCJG votes thedip without pointing a reason and says he rereads him (thedip posted three times so rereading mustn't take much time)
DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:14 pm
I reread Fox and theDip...

I am fine with ##VOTE theDip
3) Even if he asked why not being around is a problem above, he voted for theDip too (and without reason too).
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:15 pm
##vote TheDip
Scenarios:
scum teacher & scum CJG
They agreed on theDip at mafia QT. He was an easy target for D1 because he was new and wasn't online - so nobody could defend him against their accusations.
At (1) they showed that they question each other but at (2) and (3) this is refuted.

scum teacher & town CJG
CJG was looking for a scummy target and voted for theDip, and teacher saw that a town voting for another town and he joined CJG and made thedip wagon a real wagon.

scum CJG & town teacher
Not too possible since teacher is a good player enough for not voting someone for only not being online.

town CJG & town teacher
Same. I don't think teacher would do this obvious mistake.

Vecna
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 17

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#645 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:24 am

/popcorn

damo666
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Karma: 1

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#646 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:41 am

Very profound yav, he will survive until he is killed....

BB if your mystery read is me, kill Jamie because your read is wrong.

yavuzovic
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Skies
Karma: 51
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#647 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 am

:razz: He will survive until he is killed means he will survive until he is nightkilled
I wanted to mean people don't lynch him although his scum declaration

rdrivera2005
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 17

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#648 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 am

@Yav -If Brain is SK he can't be nightkilled.

Are you townslipping or faking a town slip? DRCJG and Teacher can't have agreed on the lynch because the Mafia QT only opens at night. You should know this, you have been scum before if I am not wrong. Anyway, your point about Teacher is valid and I want him to answer.

I voted thedipplayer because I don't like the other wagons. Not happy with the outcome but I would not say it was a big loss for town.

yavuzovic
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Skies
Karma: 51
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#649 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:57 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 am
@Yav -If Brain is SK he can't be nightkilled.

Are you townslipping or faking a town slip? DRCJG and Teacher can't have agreed on the lynch because the Mafia QT only opens at night. You should know this, you have been scum before if I am not wrong. Anyway, your point about Teacher is valid and I want him to answer.

I voted thedipplayer because I don't like the other wagons. Not happy with the outcome but I would not say it was a big loss for town.
I've been mafia only once and it was brain's game. Mafia QT was on Discord and I think it was opened in Day too - at least I remember this. We were mafia together @Ike, remember. However I was D1 lynch and I couldn't have much mafia experience.

yavuzovic
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Skies
Karma: 51
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#650 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:58 am

Why can't he be nightkilled if he is SK?
I remember that was told Sk can be nightkilled. Was this rule changed?

teacher2
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 am
Karma: 21

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#651 Post by teacher2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:59 am

Ugh….why are my townreads acting superscummy tonight. I will post a revised readslist at false dawn, but to respond to this:
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am
1) Teacher asks DrCJG why he has a problem with thedip
False. I asked DrCJG why he had a problem VOTING thedip (i.e., implying that he was my preferred target). You can tell this from the context your quote omits – In post 537, I propose leaving Peter for the Dip. In 538, Dr proposes leaving Peter for Fox. In 543 I respond to Dr’s proposal saying -maybe, in 544 he responds to mine saying he has a “problem” with the Dip because Dip is absent. In 545, I ask others to pick. In 547, I ask Dr to explain his problem while I went through the bot. So, you misunderstand (misrep?), I wasnt asking Dr for a case.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am
3) Even if he asked why not being around is a problem above, he voted for theDip too (and without reason too).
Again, false. Not only did you misunderstand the above, but you also intentionally omitted Post 543 where I provided my reasons for preferring Dip: “3 posts and a parked vote.” To be clear, I townread Brain most of D1, so assumed scum would be looking to vote there but not get attention.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am
scum teacher & scum CJG
They agreed on theDip at mafia QT.
Weird fake townslip from a webdip vet.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am
scum CJG & town teacher
Not too possible since teacher is a good player enough for not voting someone for only not being online.
I appreciate the kind words, but this is the Burden of Proficiency fallacy. Im shite D1, and normally say that. Across all my games, I have only lynched scum once, and in that case I argued against it across appr 100 posts before coming around due to an impending deadline and the player lurking out.

Here, my reasons were admittedly weak. But I was trying to organize a SECOND consensus wagon with Less than an hour before deadline – I took the lowhanging fruit as the best available target, and the one that could do the least damage. I would do it again.

teacher2
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 am
Karma: 21

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#652 Post by teacher2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:04 am

ND wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm
.....
Serial Killer
You are Padan Fain the Serial Killer. ...... Due to your evil powers you are immune from night killing actions though.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 157
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#653 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:21 am

It's funny that Teacher takes pains to point out that Yav is a "veteran" whilst at the same time defending himself by accusing Yav of burden of proficiency fallacy.

teacher2
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 am
Karma: 21

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#654 Post by teacher2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:25 am

Knowing mafia QT is closed during the day was a fairly extensive subject of conversation in M36 (which Yavuz played in), because I expected daychat. But the kids are up, so Im saving my draft and will likely not be around as much til EoN.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 157
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#655 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am

Brainbomb is not the Serial Killer.

damo666
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Karma: 1

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#656 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Are you Jamie?

Vecna
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 17

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#657 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Why would you object to him being the SK jamiet? Its not like he's gonna avoid the lynch if thats what he claims. Isnt that what you want?

Also, I was scumbuddies with Yavuz in that scumgame he's mentioning....and I dont think he's scum here, even though his play is odd.

brainbomb
Posts: 2067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Rodoripol
Karma: 237

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#658 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:48 pm

If yer lookin for a fun time, join my simulator game too

brainbomb
Posts: 2067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Rodoripol
Karma: 237

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#659 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:48 pm
If yer lookin for a fun time, join my simulator game too
You can PM me, or Thamrick or Espi
The discord for our game is pretty lively

brainbomb
Posts: 2067
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Rodoripol
Karma: 237

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#660 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Jamie just scumslipped

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dargorygel, rdrivera2005 and 2 guests