Taking over a disorder

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
rick258

Taking over a disorder

#1 Post by rick258 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:53 pm

I am wondering how taking over disorders works against one's rating.
For instance, I took over two disorders to help the games move forward.
IE, I disbanded the last unit for the defeat of the disordered country.

I see that I am listed as defeated, do I also have a defeat credited to me as well even though I only thing I did in that particular game was clicked unit disbanded?

I am not rating oriented, just wondering.

And to the next point, if I take over a disordered country free of charge and at the other extreme, end up as solo, would I get the credit and points as though I was in the initial roster?

FlaviusAetius

Re: Taking over a disorder

#2 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:40 pm

rick258 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:53 pm

I see that I am listed as defeated, do I also have a defeat credited to me as well even though I only thing I did in that particular game was clicked unit disbanded?

And to the next point, if I take over a disordered country free of charge and at the other extreme, end up as solo, would I get the credit and points as though I was in the initial roster?
actually you get the points, with no penalty to you, you know how you have to put up some coins to participate in a game? not when you take over a country, you reap all of the awards, even the guy who you took the country over

Claesar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3 Post by Claesar » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:51 pm

rick258 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Yes, it will count against your rating. We appreciate your efforts in helping games along though!
Yes, you keep all the point rewards that you are able to win, even though it was free to participate!

rick258

#4 Post by rick258 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Ok
Thanx
I just wanted to be clear.
I see that it can be frustrating to have a game stall, so I do not have a problem helping out.
I guess just call unit busters and I will help out.