MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Karma: 143

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1241 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 am

I’ve spent the evening alternating between sleeping and being sick. I’ll check back in tomorrow

Temasek22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Not Singapore
Karma: 28

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1242 Post by Temasek22 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:16 am

A few detailed reads...

As a new player at this site myself, I believe I can get better reads on fellow newbs rather than the other players, which is where meta comes in. I'll also make a wild guess that there is at least one mafioso in the new players. And since it's not me, ehh...

ItsHosuke

After lurking as a townclear in the previous game I have no expectations for this guy, and even though he is more active his 18 posts of D1 have the third-lowest word count out of all the players, and even after all that his posts are mainly about the last game, trashtalking me and just casual talk. Out of these, only 2 posts were not quote commenting, 1 being his vote for yuuki which he never swapped and the other the controversial NAI post. And after his wagon took off with 9 and a half hours to go his response to nearly getting lynched was horrible enough to let those who voted for him to continue to vote for him today. However, given that he was worse last game, for now I only have him as slight scumlean

Carambola

His posts are long, detailed, analytical and cautious. And despite seemingly being overwhelmed during D1 where he already claimed VT, he proceeds to reveal that he plans to lay low and not form quick opinions to avoid making mistakes, wanting to avoid TvT. I do not understand his reasons for voting Vapor and sticking to that, but that's for another time. As most players think his VT claim is genuine while few doubt it and think he justs wants to fly under the radar as scum. But personally, he is in the category of moderate townlean

yuuki

Bold reads that ignore WIFOM, I can only say. Seems to be experienced in mafia and very confident of his reads although new to the site and therefore have no knowledge of the meta. Went from reading me as clueless town to obvscum so you all know how much I trust them at this point. Anyways, the other lead wagon at one point in D1 although his actions near deadline are more town-like (not voting for the other lead wagons) but calling the survivor claim a coincidence and tunneling Jamiet amongst other things just put him in slight scumlean

xXx

And now those targeted by scum, what have they done? Maybe we can analyse what they've done that got the mafia's attention

foodcoats

Widely townread and even owning responsibility for the Prado lynch, what has he done to get lynched by the mafia? Is it just because he's obv town? He had strong scumreads on Prado, which led to the D1 lynch and yuuki, a top wagon. And used to slightly scumlean myself while probably(?) OMGUSsing Nephthys. He was also clearly against the ItsHosuke wagon, which is another reason why I don't have ItsH in strong scumlean yet. Since mafia have day chat too, his NK may have been decided at the start of day, or very late in night, we never know. Maybe scum is scared of the everyone-list-their-scumteam idea that came at night.

Vaporwave

The jailor target (unless actual jailor target accidentally commented in thread N1 and Vapor is somehow lying about this, less than 0.01% probability) Most likely town and got jailed due to what happened last game. But if not jailed due to last game, I don't see any crumbs so idk. Interestingly enough, still scumread by Cara for some reason.

Temasek22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Not Singapore
Karma: 28

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1243 Post by Temasek22 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:19 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Also, sorry for not posting for a long time, Hosuke and I were at a mutual friend's birthday party (he failed badly trying to talk to the girls lmao) I'll try to get a reread done now hopefully.
Did you two discuss this game at that party (or at any other time actually)?
Nah, I think that's breaking the rules? Also even if we did he'll probs have zero insight anyway :lol:

Temasek22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Not Singapore
Karma: 28

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1244 Post by Temasek22 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:58 pm
Pericles might be town based on thin air, he's in humorous mode and doesn't seem to sweat at all, I can understand his RHK vote at that time

I'm not calling him town because it's not yet a deserving title, but I'm leaving space for him to deliver content
Who is Pericles?
Percy, I think

Temasek22
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Not Singapore
Karma: 28

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1245 Post by Temasek22 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:22 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:30 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 pm
Why would you not want to comment on it? That's pretty stupid to say.
The entire action performed on me during this night had a very specific purpose. To create the same scenario as in Neph's game where I was lynched for claiming visitation.

Night was rough, that's my final word on it. Also like you've stated it's not conclusive. It could be fake or real, so what's your point in pressing this matter? You've made up your mind that I shouldn't be cleared because of it

On the other hand, I welcome yuuki's statement of me being confirmed town :smirk:
I arm pretty sure Vapor is town.
Ditto

Percy Williams
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: Not Australia
Karma: 389

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1246 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:15 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 pm
Carambola, Percy, EMC, and Temasek need to cast useful votes.
I'd like to take a moment to post a PSA to Jamiet:
No matter how many times you post it, or how long you yell at me, if I'm not there to read it I won't change my vote. I've been at like two EOD ever. Don't waste your posts telling me not to waste my vote.

Percy Williams
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: Not Australia
Karma: 389

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1247 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:23 am

I'm catching up for the next hour or so, and I give Jamiet a Town read. I was kind of on the fence about him, but his whole interaction with Traprado really seemed like his righteous anger he gets when he thinks all the Town are being stupid and not seeing what he thinks is "obvscum". This sounds like frustrated Town Jamiet, as opposed to NAI drunk Jamiet.

Percy Williams
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: Not Australia
Karma: 389

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1248 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:47 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:46 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:46 pm
Alright, one last try

##vote Foodcoats
he's town, fam
No way you know that after D1
Having seen the mafia bot, I want to make sure that we don't forget this.
Vapourwave states confidently that Foodcoats is Town, and then Foodcoats gets NK'd? Sounds like one of those things we forget because we now all know Foodcoats is Town.

Percy Williams
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: Not Australia
Karma: 389

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1249 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:55 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 pm
gomenasai :cry: should have been more careful
Did you get a PM telling you that you may now post?
xorxes, I really don't wanna comment on what happened to me during night
What, do you have PTSD from it or something?

Percy Williams
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: Not Australia
Karma: 389

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1250 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 am

Right now I Town read Jamiet, Raging Ike, and Vapour.
Temask has this vibe of just coasting, without feeling the need to try. I'm not sure if he has confidence in Town, is comfortable with scum team guidance or just always has that vibe.
@Itshosuke: Does Temask always have that vibe?

Percy Williams
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: Not Australia
Karma: 389

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1251 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 am

It doesn't help my case at all that I'm never on at the same time as other people, so I don't get as many chances to engage in heated arguments.

Nephthys
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 242

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1252 Post by Nephthys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:26 am

PS I'm travelling for the next two days, will do what I can although nothing guaranteed

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Karma: 143

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1253 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:29 am

I kinda feel like Vapor is scum.

Vecna
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 133

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1254 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:19 am

yuuki wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 pm
I don't understand why Vapor was not stabbed. He is a cleared townie now.
Not quite yet, for ~reasons~

Vecna
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 133

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1255 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:20 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 pm
I just don't get a scum vibe from EMC. Maybe I'm biased like last game because he's my Coalition game buddy but he seems normal to me.
Doesn't this bother anybody else?
I kinda feel the exact same way. Id feel scum EMC would be a bit higher effort since he was a lot more convincing and talkative in that game he was hostile 3rd party.

The few things he has said feel moderately towny.

Vecna
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 133

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1256 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:21 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Also, sorry for not posting for a long time, Hosuke and I were at a mutual friend's birthday party (he failed badly trying to talk to the girls lmao) I'll try to get a reread done now hopefully.
This just feels antagonistic for no reason. Almost like theyre putting up an act together.

Vecna
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 133

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1257 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:27 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:24 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:15 pm
##vote Damo
Why Damo? He have been mostly lurking.
Because he's obviously scum

Vecna
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 133

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1258 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:33 am

Yeah my current guess for the scumteam is:

Rdrivera, RagingIke, Damo, ItsHosuke

And probably some rando im townreading.

Vecna
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 133

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1259 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:34 am

Percy could also be in there I guess

damo666
Posts: 3170
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 163

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1260 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 am

Sorry, miles behind. Quick summary?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests