Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
ghug
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 544

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4181 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 am

There's like definitely one widely townread person who's actually scum. Maybe two.

DoubtingThomas
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Karma: 20

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4182 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 am
There's like definitely one widely townread person who's actually scum. Maybe two.
who do you think that is

ghug
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 544

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4183 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 am
There's like definitely one widely townread person who's actually scum. Maybe two.
who do you think that is
Idk I'm pretty firmly in the hivemind at this point, and I have legitimate reasons to townread everyone I do. Thamrick was my last controversial opinion.

emc and Quas are the ones I have the least meta reads on, so they'd be the best bets I guess.

It just seems like there's not enough controversy right now. Everyone's POE is coming down to mostly the same people, and if it were completely right, someone would be trying to undermine it. Something to keep in mind in a few days when I'm dead.

DoubtingThomas
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Karma: 20

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4184 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:41 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 am
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 am
There's like definitely one widely townread person who's actually scum. Maybe two.
who do you think that is
Idk I'm pretty firmly in the hivemind at this point, and I have legitimate reasons to townread everyone I do. Thamrick was my last controversial opinion.

emc and Quas are the ones I have the least meta reads on, so they'd be the best bets I guess.

It just seems like there's not enough controversy right now. Everyone's POE is coming down to mostly the same people, and if it were completely right, someone would be trying to undermine it. Something to keep in mind in a few days when I'm dead.
what's your PoE?

ghug
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 544

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4185 Post by ghug » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 pm
Here's where I'm at.

Scum: xorxes, yav, Rd, RHK

Null: Peter

Weak town: Nepthys, damo, Moscow, bozo, tham
Strongish town: Ezio, Ike, DT
Strong town: emc, Vapor, Quas, Vecna
Reads really haven't evolved since here

DoubtingThomas
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Karma: 20

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4186 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:06 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 pm
Here's where I'm at.

Scum: xorxes, yav, Rd, RHK

Null: Peter

Weak town: Nepthys, damo, Moscow, bozo, tham
Strongish town: Ezio, Ike, DT
Strong town: emc, Vapor, Quas, Vecna
Reads really haven't evolved since here
yav should be up peter should be lower damo should be higher

not sure why emc is so high either

DoubtingThomas
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Karma: 20

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4187 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:07 am

other than that i dig

DoubtingThomas
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Karma: 20

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4188 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:07 am

maybe vapor should be lower too

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4189 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:28 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 pm
What an unexpected turn of events :-D

So all our PRs still well hidden. We don't even know for sure if dargo is the real desperado because GM never said so.
I suggest calling the GM for clarification.
Not sure if sarcasm.

But I suggest reading the flavour text

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4190 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:30 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:59 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm
GM Note:
I would think my flavor was obvious inside the first one, but yes Darg has successfully murdered two scum players. He still has bullets to spare.
I was joking of course, but in general you should not hide actual information in the flavor, otherwise we will start reading all your flavor for clues. No harm done though, sorry about that, :-)
Continued GM Note:
https://imgflip.com/i/2tmeoq
Best gm's confirmed

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4191 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:09 am
by the way

can someone recommend me a previous game or 2 to browse through to get to know players more in depth?

I've looked at signup-list for some games, it's basically the same players more or less
links to all previous games in the op

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4192 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 am
I do have part of the unfinished venn diagrams though, want to keep this as a long-term project now;

so tell me where it's wrong, where someone should be, what should be added, etc...

would make one comparing scum!players vs their town selves, but it's beyond current abilities :D

https://pasteboard.co/I13ocKie.png

honestly I'm just using a mental version of this, and comparing it to how players are acting here, then trying to figure out what went wrong xd ---either the players acting off or a wrong impression, and voting for whoever is less contributing + somewhat viable/already voted for + deviates the most lol.

(Horrible strategy, I know :p)
wow

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4193 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:38 am
I'm not talkative? :(
See Ghug, this once again is proof that I am the only one that has mastered the art of serious informal joking.

The venn diagram does not lie. Now go sit in a corner and be like the quiet player that you are.

damo666
Posts: 2292
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Karma: 117

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4194 Post by damo666 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:33 am

I like the Venn diagrams Einstein. You must have plenty of spare time.

##vote demonRHK

I

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4195 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:24 pm
Too many pages of fluff! My brain is full.

I will participate more once we "thin the herd"...
flash2015 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:26 pm
If I haven't been killed by then, of course.


he must be omniscient or something...

XD
Just reread D2 start and noticed this. That is like, damn quick. Digging up a post that was on page 29 while youre living on page 88.

Remembering that a random person that died had said something about "if im still alive" on page 29.....WITHIN 7 MINUTES OF DYING.

AND FINDING THAT QUOTE.

pretty suspect.

EMC, can you walk me through how that happened?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1468
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 881
Contact:

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4196 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 am
(not going to bother quoting what is on what, too much work)

hmm, it's funny how fast DT got summoned by Darg voting him lol

and I still don't know where it got misinterpreted that he claimed vengeful, can someone point it out? Dunno how ghug got that conclusion.

Not really sure why it's shocking that some people were townreading Brain (that no one reacted to that), since he plays capriciously enough that even when players do kinda scumread him, there's enough doubt that he either goes automatically null or acting-strange-but-really-town xD isn't he known for playing scum well? or something like that, remember reading a post on it.
I keep not liking DT's reactions to votes, pressure, venn diagrams, and Vengeful comments. What I can't decide is if it is AI. He might just be oversensitive.

More recently than e.m.c,'s post here, when ghug gives a ghugly comment about the likelihood of scum being widely townread, DT asks who ghug thinks that might be. I didn't like that question. Ghug's comment seemed to me to be either a) making a general 'other side of the coin' type comment, so that he will appear wise later... IF the scum is deeply hidden, b) making the deep hidden scum nervous that ghug noticed who he is, and thus draw some pressure off a potential PR, c) ghug wanting the town-team to not get carried away with self-confidence in our town-reads, or d) ghug being m y s t e r i o u s. NONE of which warrants a blatant obvious questioning of "who do you think the hidden scum is?"

Especially in the light of ghug's recent (accidental, apparently) spotlight shining and anger-rousing of DT...

It seems like DT might be trying to give the appearance of involvement... and semi-buddying ghugly.

While my initial vote was a reactionish test... I am going to leave it there for now.

e.m.c^42
Posts: 1261
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Karma: 163

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4197 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Just reread D2 start and noticed this. That is like, damn quick. Digging up a post that was on page 29 while youre living on page 88.

Remembering that a random person that died had said something about "if im still alive" on page 29.....WITHIN 7 MINUTES OF DYING.

AND FINDING THAT QUOTE.

pretty suspect.

EMC, can you walk me through how that happened?
Sure. Flash died, so I peterbotted him to see if there was anything in his posts that suggested to why he got NK'd, started reading, and saw it (almost immediately, really, since there's not much to read) and found it funny.

Clicked the blue "orig", opened the original quotes in a different tab, copy/paste, and voila :D

yavuzovic
Posts: 2118
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 187
Contact:

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4198 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:36 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:59 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm
GM Note:
I would think my flavor was obvious inside the first one, but yes Darg has successfully murdered two scum players. He still has bullets to spare.
I was joking of course, but in general you should not hide actual information in the flavor, otherwise we will start reading all your flavor for clues. No harm done though, sorry about that, :-)
Continued GM Note:
https://imgflip.com/i/2tmeoq
Lol I usually only read the bolded text but it isn't my fault, I heard Space Ghost Coast to Coast thing for the first time here.

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4199 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:51 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:24 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Just reread D2 start and noticed this. That is like, damn quick. Digging up a post that was on page 29 while youre living on page 88.

Remembering that a random person that died had said something about "if im still alive" on page 29.....WITHIN 7 MINUTES OF DYING.

AND FINDING THAT QUOTE.

pretty suspect.

EMC, can you walk me through how that happened?
Sure. Flash died, so I peterbotted him to see if there was anything in his posts that suggested to why he got NK'd, started reading, and saw it (almost immediately, really, since there's not much to read) and found it funny.

Clicked the blue "orig", opened the original quotes in a different tab, copy/paste, and voila :D
what a boring but believable explanation

yavuzovic
Posts: 2118
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 187
Contact:

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4200 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:04 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 am
https://pasteboard.co/I13ocKie.png
I agree it's unfinished. I would like to see what people see me like.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ND and 1 guest