MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Vaporwave
Posts: 2302
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 pm
Karma: 214

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1221 Post by Vaporwave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:30 pm

town on em.c

I buy into his stagnant motivation

what I find comforting is his description of yuuki earlier in D1,

emc talks about yuuki's style, aggression and liking his personality without townreading him per se, this is typical town emc commentary stuff

also he hasn't done any buddying up unless we count that slight sado-masochistic affinity for Jamie

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 101

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1222 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:13 pm
@Demon, what is your read of Chaqa? What do you make of his scumslip?
What slip? The we know post? It's off.
The one where he compares his read of emc this game with the same read he had of emc last game (when Chaqa was scum).
It's too be reviewed, but I wouldn't say it's a scumslip. Scum players can have town players they like. Back in the greek game I felt like shit for pulling the wool over on Durga as bad as I did.

worcej
Posts: 5128
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 1532

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1223 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Feelings to comment on:
  1. I don't like how yuuki ignores WIFOM and goes all-in with statements without considering the other options. There is no guarantees this game and people should be suspicious of everything.
  2. I'm not finding a strong reason why Vapor was jailed. An ISO shows a lot of interaction (standard for him) and him stating reads spread into it. I don't see any smoking guns of soft claims to warrant the possibility of a jail/stab.
  3. Via POE, if Vapor is scum, I would be inclined to think rdr is as well only because faking the jail would require a little bit of communication and coordination and he may have been gone and the team wanted to ensure this sticks. I don't really scum rdr for anything, but that seems to be a logical thing that would need to happen to ensure the faking the jail was pulled off.
  4. I still don't like Hosuke's play. N1 continued this feeling by focusing on Tem and Jamie without any attention to food's vote - I think this was a distancing considering the post was 5 hours into N1 and that is enough time for scum to flesh out who they kill (based on re-reads of prior games, the targets are usually fleshed out early). Also not sure why Ike and yuuki look better on EOD1 versus other people either.
  5. Jamie screams town to me based on his tunneling and anger. That is normal rage Jamie.
  6. I think Vecna is getting the sympathy "let him live longer to enjoy the game" but if both him and xorxes are alive by D4 then something is up and there is a scum in one of them.
  7. It's 11-5-1 atm, so I would advise our PRs to hold any challenges because we are not in an alarm state yet.
Going with my strongest read for now - ##vote Hosuke

xorxes
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1326

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1224 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm


What slip? The we know post? It's off.
The one where he compares his read of emc this game with the same read he had of emc last game (when Chaqa was scum).
It's too be reviewed, but I wouldn't say it's a scumslip. Scum players can have town players they like. Back in the greek game I felt like shit for pulling the wool over on Durga as bad as I did.
I don't doubt he likes emc. That's not really the point though. He claims that because he likes him, his read this game might be biased, like it was last game. It seems like he forgot for a minute that we already know what his alignment was last game.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 101

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1225 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 pm


The one where he compares his read of emc this game with the same read he had of emc last game (when Chaqa was scum).
It's too be reviewed, but I wouldn't say it's a scumslip. Scum players can have town players they like. Back in the greek game I felt like shit for pulling the wool over on Durga as bad as I did.
I don't doubt he likes emc. That's not really the point though. He claims that because he likes him, his read this game might be biased, like it was last game. It seems like he forgot for a minute that we already know what his alignment was last game.
You think he's just blatantly said it's just like last game so the transitive property means he's scum this game too? Not sure I buy it.

xorxes
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1326

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1226 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:42 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 pm


It's too be reviewed, but I wouldn't say it's a scumslip. Scum players can have town players they like. Back in the greek game I felt like shit for pulling the wool over on Durga as bad as I did.
I don't doubt he likes emc. That's not really the point though. He claims that because he likes him, his read this game might be biased, like it was last game. It seems like he forgot for a minute that we already know what his alignment was last game.
You think he's just blatantly said it's just like last game so the transitive property means he's scum this game too? Not sure I buy it.
He was not townreading emc because of his bias last game. He seemed to have forgotten that.

Nephthys
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Location: Not a GM
Karma: 773

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1227 Post by Nephthys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Also, sorry for not posting for a long time, Hosuke and I were at a mutual friend's birthday party (he failed badly trying to talk to the girls lmao) I'll try to get a reread done now hopefully.
Are you guys friends or do you secretly hate the guy???

Nephthys
Posts: 2737
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Location: Not a GM
Karma: 773

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1228 Post by Nephthys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 pm
I just don't get a scum vibe from EMC. Maybe I'm biased like last game because he's my Coalition game buddy but he seems normal to me.
Doesn't this bother anybody else?
Whats the issue? It's just meh to me

Temasek22
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Not Singapore
Karma: 194

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1229 Post by Temasek22 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:06 am

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 am
Temasek22 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Also, sorry for not posting for a long time, Hosuke and I were at a mutual friend's birthday party (he failed badly trying to talk to the girls lmao) I'll try to get a reread done now hopefully.
Are you guys friends or do you secretly hate the guy???
Friends, even roommates. But we make fun of each other a little too much

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1230 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:21 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:06 pm
Why the hell would they kill foodcoats...

I’m right ticked about this.
Chaqa seems so forced this game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1231 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:21 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
Because he was totally obv-town?
This ^^^^

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1232 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:22 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 pm
gomenasai :cry: should have been more careful
Did you get a PM telling you that you may now post?
xorxes, I really don't wanna comment on what happened to me during night
Weird. :shock:

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1233 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:22 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 pm
Just when I go and write good feelings in my readslist, and then Chaqa goes and does this dramatic pose again, with pretending to be clueless about why foodcoats.

blegh.

Im actually also really not that goody-goody on Rdrivera anymore.
You break my heart.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1234 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:24 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:15 pm
##vote Damo
Why Damo? He have been mostly lurking.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1235 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:25 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 pm
Not trusting Carambola at all

he's supposedly perceptive to the sight of someone drawing attention yet he's not perceptive to the wrong move of claiming 'lesser gladiator' without being prompted by anyone or anything?

And it worked, 2/3 townread him solely based on this claim
I agree with the, Cara has gotten of scott free with the 'lol I new' card imo.

You know when that one person knows nothing about their job and uses looks to get by and have everyone else do their work for them? That's the feeling I get.
Demon seems to be just throwing things to see what sticks...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1236 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 pm
I just don't get a scum vibe from EMC. Maybe I'm biased like last game because he's my Coalition game buddy but he seems normal to me.
Doesn't this bother anybody else?
I don't think it's a scumslip per se, but I do think Chaqa is faking his reactions.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1237 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Also, sorry for not posting for a long time, Hosuke and I were at a mutual friend's birthday party (he failed badly trying to talk to the girls lmao) I'll try to get a reread done now hopefully.
Did you two discuss this game at that party (or at any other time actually)?
I think this is against the rules.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1238 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:30 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm


xorxes, I really don't wanna comment on what happened to me during night
Why would you not want to comment on it? That's pretty stupid to say.
The entire action performed on me during this night had a very specific purpose. To create the same scenario as in Neph's game where I was lynched for claiming visitation.

Night was rough, that's my final word on it. Also like you've stated it's not conclusive. It could be fake or real, so what's your point in pressing this matter? You've made up your mind that I shouldn't be cleared because of it

On the other hand, I welcome yuuki's statement of me being confirmed town :smirk:
I arm pretty sure Vapor is town.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1239 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:58 pm
Pericles might be town based on thin air, he's in humorous mode and doesn't seem to sweat at all, I can understand his RHK vote at that time

I'm not calling him town because it's not yet a deserving title, but I'm leaving space for him to deliver content
Who is Pericles?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 3853
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 525

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1240 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:38 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 pm
Feelings to comment on:
  1. I don't like how yuuki ignores WIFOM and goes all-in with statements without considering the other options. There is no guarantees this game and people should be suspicious of everything.
  2. I'm not finding a strong reason why Vapor was jailed. An ISO shows a lot of interaction (standard for him) and him stating reads spread into it. I don't see any smoking guns of soft claims to warrant the possibility of a jail/stab.
  3. Via POE, if Vapor is scum, I would be inclined to think rdr is as well only because faking the jail would require a little bit of communication and coordination and he may have been gone and the team wanted to ensure this sticks. I don't really scum rdr for anything, but that seems to be a logical thing that would need to happen to ensure the faking the jail was pulled off.
  4. I still don't like Hosuke's play. N1 continued this feeling by focusing on Tem and Jamie without any attention to food's vote - I think this was a distancing considering the post was 5 hours into N1 and that is enough time for scum to flesh out who they kill (based on re-reads of prior games, the targets are usually fleshed out early). Also not sure why Ike and yuuki look better on EOD1 versus other people either.
  5. Jamie screams town to me based on his tunneling and anger. That is normal rage Jamie.
  6. I think Vecna is getting the sympathy "let him live longer to enjoy the game" but if both him and xorxes are alive by D4 then something is up and there is a scum in one of them.
  7. It's 11-5-1 atm, so I would advise our PRs to hold any challenges because we are not in an alarm state yet.
Going with my strongest read for now - ##vote Hosuke
I really don't understand what you meant with 3. If scum is faking it they just don't Jail anyone and Vapor avoid posting at night, why does this need coordination? Anyway, I really doubt Vapor is scum.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests