Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction, Sign Ups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.

Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction, Sign Ups

#402 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:52 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 am
TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:41 am
Okay, what game hasn't had a period of derailment due to a player?

Have you not experienced a brain spam?
Have you not experienced a Jamie freak out?
Have you not experienced a Durga stirring up shit session?
Have you not experienced an ND yelling that everyone are morons?

Great, you and Neph have a personal view and apparently you guys are going forward with excluding Chippe. But I hope everyone else here who is okay with how you're doing this is okay that I am going to make sure I exclude Durga from any game I GM because I think numerous player conflicts are centered around her for how she posts. I'll also make sure to not allow MF to join because of how often he lurks, which creates a negative player experience for numerous people and sometimes requires a sub-out because of it.

You guys going to be okay with me doing that down the road? I'll be the GM, so I can do what I want right?

Are you guys beginning to see why this is a really poor precedent yet?
I've experienced all of these other things and not a single one of them has made any player afraid that we might have to abandon the game entirely. Chippe's case was extreme no matter how it's sliced.
It's extreme, but we've established it's not against the rules. So you are litigating an opinion and not an actual rule at this point. Sorry, but that's how tyranny begins.

M46 went off fine and Chippe did not effect the game in a way that it will be abandoned. Your public lynching of him is unreasonable and you should've been okay with the fact he told both of you he wouldn't do it again.
I fully endorse what Worcej is saying.

I'm not sure I can play in this game.

Jamiet99uk

#403 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 am

The more I think about this, the less I like it.

To ban someone for doing something which was not a rule violation, because you just don't like their play, is not acceptable in my view. It sets a really dangerous precedent and isn't in line with the values of this community.

Please take me off the sign up list.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#404 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:44 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:44 am
Specifically @rdr and @darg - I will not allow Durga or MF in any future game of mine because of poor player experiences that I've witnessed others experience and even express to me.

You guys okay with that? You'll still play right? I can do what I want and you'll respect that right?

My gut tells me you won't be okay with that and the only reason you're okay with it now is because it's Chippe.
I am probably not playing in any game that you GM anyway, but if you ask him to comply for a reasonable request (like Moscow say in tbe thread he won't lurk) and they don't agree I believe it's in your right to not allow them. It's not because the last game, but about his failure to accept GM authority.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#405 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:58 am

worcej wrote:
For the record - I will never exclude anyone from my games, the previous posts are an example of acceptable decisions I can make down the road. I just want to hear it as being okay from the group of people who are all saying this is okay for you to do. If it's okay now, it's okay down the road.

More 2cents - As a GM, you should be trying to ensure people play within the rules, not play how you want them to. Player experience is critical, but how people play their game is not something you have control of. Just because people don't like Chippe doesn't mean he shouldn't play. Let them D1 lynch his ass if they don't like him.
Here is probably the main point where we disagree. We can't set rules for all situations that arise, that why GM have the final word. And there are some unwritten rules like trying to keep the game pleasant to everyone involved.
I honestly don't blame Chippe for the last game shenanigans. The blame to me was on you and Jamiet allowing him to go through that path. He asked you and you considered valid a tactic that question the game integrity to get a result, this is pure angleshooting like Squigs (and Carl I think ) pointed and it shouldn't be allowed. But that was your game and your choice.

Vaporwave

#407 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:04 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:54 pm
Players
1. Durga - CONFIRMED
2. foodcoats - CONFIRMED
3. EspressoPatronum - CONFIRMED
4. Vaporwave - CONFIRMED
5. worcej - CONFIRMED
6. Percy Williams - CONFIRMED
7. damo - CONFIRMED
8. Jamiet99uk - CONFIRMED
9. Vecna - CONFIRMED
10. rdrivera2005 - CONFIRMED
11. xorxes - CONFIRMED
12. bozo - CONFIRMED
13. FlaviusAetius - CONFIRMED
14. Flash2015 - CONFIRMED
15. bo_sox48 - CONFIRMED
16. Dargorygel - CONFIRMED
17. Foxcastle - CONFIRMED
18. EMC - CONFIRMED
19. Mike213 - CONFIRMED
20. Fluminator - CONFIRMED
21. brainbomb CONFIRMED

Substitutes:
1. MoscowFleet
2. ItsHosuke
is this our current list?

worcej

#408 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:20 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:44 am
worcej wrote:
Specifically @rdr and @darg - I will not allow Durga or MF in any future game of mine because of poor player experiences that I've witnessed others experience and even express to me.

You guys okay with that? You'll still play right? I can do what I want and you'll respect that right?

My gut tells me you won't be okay with that and the only reason you're okay with it now is because it's Chippe.
I am probably not playing in any game that you GM anyway, but if you ask him to comply for a reasonable request (like Moscow say in tbe thread he won't lurk) and they don't agree I believe it's in your right to not allow them. It's not because the last game, but about his failure to accept GM authority.
And I respect your choice in choosing to not play a game I lead, that's your call to make.

I fail to see where Chippe did not accept GM authority - he did say he would not cause an issue. Mandating a public post when they could just as easily assure players themselves is where we can debate the 'reasonable stance'.
Durga wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:17 am
Unfortunately, it means the game will likely lose 4 players anyway
Right, and as I said to rdr, the 4 who will drop out if Chippe plays are making their own personal choice. Chippe's choice to not play was forced upon him. That is an important distinction, at least in my eyes.

worcej

#409 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:24 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:58 am
worcej wrote:
For the record - I will never exclude anyone from my games, the previous posts are an example of acceptable decisions I can make down the road. I just want to hear it as being okay from the group of people who are all saying this is okay for you to do. If it's okay now, it's okay down the road.

More 2cents - As a GM, you should be trying to ensure people play within the rules, not play how you want them to. Player experience is critical, but how people play their game is not something you have control of. Just because people don't like Chippe doesn't mean he shouldn't play. Let them D1 lynch his ass if they don't like him.
Here is probably the main point where we disagree. We can't set rules for all situations that arise, that why GM have the final word. And there are some unwritten rules like trying to keep the game pleasant to everyone involved.
I honestly don't blame Chippe for the last game shenanigans. The blame to me was on you and Jamiet allowing him to go through that path. He asked you and you considered valid a tactic that question the game integrity to get a result, this is pure angleshooting like Squigs (and Carl I think ) pointed and it shouldn't be allowed. But that was your game and your choice.
Excellent! I am glad to take that blame! I made a call and I knew some people wouldn't like, but respected that Chippe wanted to play that way. I made sure it wouldn't be rules breaking (which we've established it wasn't) and that should be that. So why are we barring Chippe from this game again?

GMs have the final word, but we're not playing yet. What rules need to be enforced now to warrant someone being kicked out of a game?

worcej

#410 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:04 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:54 pm
Players
1. Durga - CONFIRMED
2. foodcoats - CONFIRMED
3. EspressoPatronum - CONFIRMED
4. Vaporwave - CONFIRMED
5. Percy Williams - CONFIRMED
6. damo - CONFIRMED
7. Vecna - CONFIRMED
8. rdrivera2005 - CONFIRMED
9. xorxes - CONFIRMED
10. bozo - CONFIRMED
11. FlaviusAetius - CONFIRMED
12. Flash2015 - CONFIRMED
13. bo_sox48 - CONFIRMED
14. Dargorygel - CONFIRMED
15. Foxcastle - CONFIRMED
16. EMC - CONFIRMED
17. Mike213 - CONFIRMED
18. Fluminator - CONFIRMED
19. brainbomb CONFIRMED

Substitutes:
1. MoscowFleet
2. ItsHosuke
is this our current list?
I believe I fixed it.

foodcoats

#411 Post by foodcoats » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:25 pm
I believe I fixed it.
I think bo said there was too much popcorn.

Durga

#412 Post by Durga » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Wow everyone annoying is leaving. Did Christmas come early?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#413 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:41 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:58 am
worcej wrote:

Excellent! I am glad to take that blame! I made a call and I knew some people wouldn't like, but respected that Chippe wanted to play that way. I made sure it wouldn't be rules breaking (which we've established it wasn't) and that should be that. So why are we barring Chippe from this game again?

GMs have the final word, but we're not playing yet. What rules need to be enforced now to warrant someone being kicked out of a game?
Just to be clear, I don't have any problem playing with Chippe and signed for the game with him on it. If he does what GM ask I would have no issues. I just think GM request was reasonable and if they request me to do the same I would without any problem. He just failed to have any cortesy with GMs and seems to just seek confrontation (and is succeeding).

damo666

#414 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:36 pm
Not quite everyone!

Vaporwave

#415 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 pm
what a world. everyones quitting and no one is celebrating my return. no parades. pinatas. waygu beef sticks. minstrels.
shame on you for wanting attention in these tense moments and shame on me for taking your bait

I'm happy to be a cheerleader for bomb before our game starts so that my euphoria will vanish and I will experience equilibrium in regards to bomb during the actual game. Release it now, have inner peace later.

foodcoats

#416 Post by foodcoats » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:10 pm

GET.LADLE
DO.STIRPOT

If the GMs of this game are banning a player they played with in the last game for playing against "the spirit of the game" in that game...

...but the GMs of the last game specifically approved the actions of the player in question, thusly making it officially not angleshooting or against the spirit of that game...

...are the GMs of this game the ones actually playing against "the spirit of the game?" Are they not using out-of-game-information to angleshoot-qua-GMs?

#brainbomb4president
#makeshitpostsgreatagain

brainbomb

#417 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:36 pm
You dont find me annoying?
lol what

brainbomb

#418 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:29 pm

lest we not forget that the smurfs are the true victims here

foodcoats

#419 Post by foodcoats » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I feel bad for flaming/trolling above...

I really appreciate everyone who GMs for this game. As a DM I know the adjudicator role is not easy and less fun than playing. I also obviously don't have the context, background or experience on this matter to meaningfully comment on the drama and I don't actually take joy in anyone's misery related to this wankery. I got carried away, unexcusably.

I'm looking forward to playing with some of the folks I played my first game here with, and with all the people who are new to me!

FlaviusAetius

#420 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:09 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:44 am
worcej wrote:

You know whats ironic about this, WORCEJ AND JAMIE's authority from last game is being questioned HERE.
The last game is over and yet Npethys and TrPrado have decided now since their GM's they get to override all other GM's. Ridiculous. I am out of this game as well unless Chippie is allowed in.