Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction, Sign Ups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction, Sign Ups

#381 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:22 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:20 pm
@Jamiet, this was my correspondence with Neph. Perhaps this will address your question?
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:13 am
Hey,

I am writing to you as the GM of Mafia 47.

In the previous game you insinuated that you had gamed the system and found a way to subvert the rules. I believe, and my co-GM agrees with me, that this move was against the spirit of the game. I therefore am requesting that you, on the sign up thread, make a statement that you will not attempt to subvert the rules this game.

Note that this is only regarding to trying to bypass the rules that are in place to allow all players to enjoy the game.

By all means I am not trying to push you out of this game and welcome you to the game. That being said, I want it enjoyable for all.

If you have any questions or concerns then feel free to get in touch.

Nephthys
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:36 pm
I wasn't intending to: it wouldn't work a second time.

I thought Jamiet's argument on how little information my claim provided was pretty good; could you provide a detailed argument on why Jamiet's argument is wrong and that somehow my claim gave me an unfair advantage?
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:52 pm
That is encouraging to hear.

What you did was not overtly against the rules, as Jamie pointed out multiple times. However, the rules of the game, from my perspective at least, are only part of the code that we play by. Like morality, this secondary code is not enforced in a legal sense although the disregard for it will often lead to a negative experience of those around.

I believe that your actions directly created a negative playing experience for an overwhelming majority of the players (many of them voiced this).

GMing, I have discovered, takes a lot of effort. I have put many hours into this game with the intention that I can provide a positive experience to all playing. Therefore any situation that could negatively impact that causes me concern. That is why I have asked this of you.
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:56 pm
So you agree it's not against the rules and is unpunishable?
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:03 pm
I believe it breaks rule 0.

0. The GM reserves the right to adjudicate individual scenarios that arise during the course of the game at his discretion.
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:57 pm
That's a really grey area rule...
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:04 pm
Be that as it may, I am telling you that I consider it broken. Are you prepared to make the statement?
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 pm
I already told you I don't plan on trying it again - as it wouldn't work a second time.
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 pm
I was talking about a public statement on the sign up thread.
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:31 pm
I refuse to make any more unnecessary additional statements regarding the matter. Especially not ones that I have to parrot back something that I've already stated.
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 am
I can respect your response. However I will ask you to respect mine.

We have decided to exclude you from this game due to your response to my, in our opinion, reasonable request to maximize the experience for all players. I am making a post in the sign-up thread to inform the other players of this decision.

This only applies to this game.
If this isn't filtered and is the legit posting history, I am sorry but Neph is operating under the wrong context.

"I therefore am requesting that you, on the sign up thread, make a statement that you will not attempt to subvert the rules this game." - such a request would imply he was intentionally subverting the rules. You are not privy to the fact he did have extensive communications with me about if he could post what he did and I did say he would not be breaking the rules. He did not subvert M46 deviously.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#382 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:29 am

The game derailed for hours while people waited for the GM's to confirm whether or not the game was broken. It's a pretty extreme case in my personal view, whether or not the ruling was that he didn't break a rule.

ND

#383 Post by ND » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:38 am

It's not up to you to make that call TrPrado. The GMs of that game already said he didn't break a rule.

I applaud Worcej's decision. It's the right decision to make and represents another loss of a player (4 now) because of your exclusion policy which should not be tolerated by any of us.

worcej

#384 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:41 am

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:29 am
The game derailed for hours while people waited for the GM's to confirm whether or not the game was broken. It's a pretty extreme case in my personal view, whether or not the ruling was that he didn't break a rule.
Okay, what game hasn't had a period of derailment due to a player?

Have you not experienced a brain spam?
Have you not experienced a Jamie freak out?
Have you not experienced a Durga stirring up shit session?
Have you not experienced an ND yelling that everyone are morons?

Great, you and Neph have a personal view and apparently you guys are going forward with excluding Chippe. But I hope everyone else here who is okay with how you're doing this is okay that I am going to make sure I exclude Durga from any game I GM because I think numerous player conflicts are centered around her for how she posts. I'll also make sure to not allow MF to join because of how often he lurks, which creates a negative player experience for numerous people and sometimes requires a sub-out because of it.

You guys going to be okay with me doing that down the road? I'll be the GM, so I can do what I want right?

Are you guys beginning to see why this is a really poor precedent yet?

worcej

#385 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:44 am

Specifically @rdr and @darg - I will not allow Durga or MF in any future game of mine because of poor player experiences that I've witnessed others experience and even express to me.

You guys okay with that? You'll still play right? I can do what I want and you'll respect that right?

My gut tells me you won't be okay with that and the only reason you're okay with it now is because it's Chippe.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#386 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:41 am
TrPrado wrote:

Great, you and Neph have a personal view and apparently you guys are going forward with excluding Chippe. But I hope everyone else here who is okay with how you're doing this is okay that I am going to make sure I exclude Durga from any game I GM because I think numerous player conflicts are centered around her for how she posts. I'll also make sure to not allow MF to join because of how often he lurks, which creates a negative player experience for numerous people and sometimes requires a sub-out because of it.

You guys going to be okay with me doing that down the road? I'll be the GM, so I can do what I want right?

I've experienced all of these other things and not a single one of them has made any player afraid that we might have to abandon the game entirely. Chippe's case was extreme no matter how it's sliced.

worcej

#387 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 am

For the record - I will never exclude anyone from my games, the previous posts are an example of acceptable decisions I can make down the road. I just want to hear it as being okay from the group of people who are all saying this is okay for you to do. If it's okay now, it's okay down the road.

More 2cents - As a GM, you should be trying to ensure people play within the rules, not play how you want them to. Player experience is critical, but how people play their game is not something you have control of. Just because people don't like Chippe doesn't mean he shouldn't play. Let them D1 lynch his ass if they don't like him.

worcej

#388 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 am

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:41 am
TrPrado wrote:

I've experienced all of these other things and not a single one of them has made any player afraid that we might have to abandon the game entirely. Chippe's case was extreme no matter how it's sliced.
It's extreme, but we've established it's not against the rules. So you are litigating an opinion and not an actual rule at this point. Sorry, but that's how tyranny begins.

M46 went off fine and Chippe did not effect the game in a way that it will be abandoned. Your public lynching of him is unreasonable and you should've been okay with the fact he told both of you he wouldn't do it again.

worcej

#389 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:57 am

And, to all you fucks in here who think Chippe broke the rules, if you were the GM for M46, you would've been able to tell him that, since he would've messaged you first before he did it. He would've then not done it, and thus the issue wouldn't exist. So take your opinion on the move and be happy to know that if you chose to lead a game, it would've played out perfectly how you wanted.

If anything, your anger and need for Chippe to publicly humiliate himself should be aimed at me. I green-lighted his play after a lengthy PM conversation about how it was a borderline move, but would be ruled as not breaking the rules because the VT PM was in the opening rules post of the game.

All the people who got 'derailed' by the post should've remembered that obvious fact.

ND

#390 Post by ND » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:01 am

Worcej, you are a good man. Thanks for making a stand with me and Chaqa.

Fluminator

#391 Post by Fluminator » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:11 am

Ok, just let the bloke play so we can move on. The more players the better in this gongshow of a setup.
I didn't realize it was the literal GMs of the last game defending him.

If he actually went through the GMs before doing a stunt and they okayed it, then he would do the same with these GMs.
He has also since publicly stated he wouldn't try breaking the game like it was requested.

ND

#392 Post by ND » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:16 am

If they let him play then get 4 players back (who knows how many more they lose) and we put this whole thing behind us. No one should be excluded from the game.

Durga

#393 Post by Durga » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:17 am

Unfortunately, it means the game will likely lose 4 players anyway

brainbomb

#394 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:49 am

I swear if one more person memtions chippee ill stay in

damo666

#395 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:59 am

in out in out shake it all about

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#396 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:00 am

This truly is what the hokey pokey is all about.

Percy Williams

#397 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:18 am

Is the sixth mass extinction an extinction of players?

ND

#398 Post by ND » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:41 am

Okay I hope you understand what the exclusion of players is going to do to the community and I hope you are prepared for that. You both just opened a huge can of worms. That's all I will say on it. I'm done with this.

brainbomb

#399 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:06 am

this community was built on exclusion.
we demand the mods release wjessop and krellin from jmos sex dungeoun

brainbomb

#400 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:42 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:27 am
Fluminator wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:16 am
ND, I don't know the context to Chippe, but I'm a libertarian and believe business owners have the right to refuse service to people. This is pretty much the same thing. Prado and Nephy have the right to refuse service to players they don't like.
Oh would you fuck off?

You've become webDip's #1 troll and quite frankly I'm sick of you, Fluminator. I hereby declare that you're banned from any game I GM or co-GM, for evermore. Suck it.
You hear that Flum!?
he fuckin showed yer librarian ass whats up.
I dunno what you librarians believe but...
go reads some bookz and stuff