Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#7001 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm

CONNOR
1. First post is suspect on its own. "quite new to mafia", "I'm very enthusiastic", "let's kill some people" - also he would love to be in jail ;) As Fox pointed out too, this can be the pure feeling of justice. Without the joke, these expressions are very bold and connor is more suspect in my eyes now.

↑TrPrado: "I like this connor guy. Almost certainly a towny."
Yes Please! Do I win?
Not a very good reaction, like a happy mafia who believes to gain Prado's trust.

3. Sharing a list of reads and making the following 7 reads:
townreading Carl, Squigs, Chippe,
saying you have no idea about bozo, Flavius/me,
scumreading Balki __!STOP he is making very accurate guesses so far, in this early part of this game. The following teacon vote is wrong but I wouldn't expect mafia to vote for a real scum unless bussing right, so this is NAI - he also couldn't know teacon for sure if was town. But his accurate guesses are very suspicious now.

0. I like being light. I wasn't expecting every single word I say to be deeply analysed. It looks like I have to stay serious or make it very clear I am joking. Don't worry, it's not you, it's me.
:o Well well, did he notice his mistake ha?

1. Balki vs. teacon. A while a go now but I found Balki's 'smarmy' argument decent, but not AI. I think not getting to the point could easily be a sign of being just a bad town. Also, apparently teacon acted this way last game as town, so with that he could go either way. This makes me think that if he's town now, he should surely try and correct his mistake, rather than replicate it. (Overall though I still think he's Mafia, I'll get to that later)

2. Balki. I trust you. The comment previously was before your argument with teacon, and while I don't think your argument was particularly convincing, it put you in an earnest light for me.
Consider these together. I will try not to quote everything but he is really interacting with teacon in a way I think very weird and then says he trusts Balki.

Fox I see your vote take it back NOW TAKE IT BACK!

yavuzovic

#7002 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:10 pm

YOU CUT MY MESSAGE IN HALF ##VOTE CONNOR TO BALANCE IT TAKE THE S*IT BACK

yavuzovic

#7003 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:10 pm

##CALL GM, public concedes are not allowed right?

yavuzovic

#7004 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:11 pm

S*it! connor good job

Foxcastle

#7005 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:11 pm

##UNVOTE

Foxcastle

#7006 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Now THAT'S what I call a reaction test! :o

yavuzovic

#7007 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:12 pm
Now THAT'S what I call a reaction test! :o
MY MAN! I would've finished the game wasn't that dangerous

yavuzovic

#7008 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Just a vote on you and end, it reaches the majority. Also I want to keep my vote on connor

yavuzovic

#7009 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:16 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO, ##vote Foxcastle he was so sure I wasn't going to hammer on him only mafia could know that

Foxcastle

#7010 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:16 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOO, ##vote Foxcastle he was so sure I wasn't going to hammer on him only mafia could know that
Pssst... Hey Yavuz... I didn't actually endvote... ;)

yavuzovic

#7011 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Okay, I will be back before game ends, and do not try such dangerous reaction tests that can make me a surprise.

yavuzovic

#7012 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:16 pm
Pssst... Hey Yavuz... I didn't actually endvote... ;)
AAH, okay, okay. That is enough to convince me that really was a reaction test. ##vote connor again.

Foxcastle

#7013 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:02 pm
You are both so wishy-washy and indecisive, I am not sure this game is worth playing out to the end.

I quit.

##VOTE FOXCASTLE END
In order to be a valid endvote, it would have had to have the hashmarks ahead of the endvote.

So it would have had to look like %%VOTE FOXCASTLE %%END

So it really was just a reaction test. And I think you passed.

Foxcastle

#7014 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:22 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:02 pm
You are both so wishy-washy and indecisive, I am not sure this game is worth playing out to the end.

I quit.

##VOTE FOXCASTLE END
In order to be a valid endvote, it would have had to have the hashmarks ahead of the endvote.

So it would have had to look like %%VOTE FOXCASTLE %%END

So it really was just a reaction test. And I think you passed.
Care to confess, Connor? Yavuz is clearly not scum, and I know I'm not.

So maybe you can convince Yavuz that I'm scum, but that would require you to do a good bit of work, and I'm obviously going to be here to point out everything you get wrong, and the more you post, the more evidence we'll have of your scum associations.

connorcompton

#7015 Post by connorcompton » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Scared, then relieved, then angry. You have to bring me on these rollercoasters with you Fox.

I'm honestly not convinced you're scum Fox, I just think it's likely. A re-read of Day 1 has supported that.

connorcompton

#7016 Post by connorcompton » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Here's my take on Day 1:

Foxcastle:
A lot of Day 1 is unproductive conversation, so a lot to be ignored. Though something I seemed to notice is Fox is keen to ask et about his Mafia experience,
but never asks anybody else who he hasn't seen before. This could be because et said something that made him want to know that, or, he is trying to learn about
his new Mafia partners during D1. He also says:
"Damo is looking at the thread. I assume he is catching up and will post something this morning. If he doesn't, that's worrying." Which could be interpreted as
a hint to damo to get the hell on the forum before people suspect him.
His line "Town should train themselves not to answer the questions they ask." gives me similar thoughts.
At the end of the day, he has a really awful attitude to Carl, not answering his question because it's apparently so obvious. I don't think this is scum indicative,
but I just hate this behaviour.

During the night, not a lot interesting happens. He doesn't interact with the Mafia very much, all of his other interactions seem perfectly normal, nothing there
caught my eye as scum.

FlaviusAetius:
Firstly, Flavius says Balki is smart and experienced. I don't see what the fuss is about. With the knowledge Balki is Mafia, this doesn't suggest Flavius is too.
I don't see anything in that comment that is scum indicative. Him and Fox both advocate for NO JOKE PHASE, since both of them are doing this, this is where that
point ends. Flavius did not want to lynch lurkers, his attempt was to dismantle the bozo wagon and move it to TrPrado first, without paying mind to his own wagon.
This seems like very illogical play for Mafia, definitely a point in his favour. And he remained completely calm until he eventually voted bozo.

During the night, he remained heated and angry at TrPrado and calling out those who voted bozo immediately and never switched, drawing even more attention to
himself as scum makes no sense.

Let's take a look at the votes:

DAY 1

bozotheclown (11) — Percy Williams, et, damo666, Squigs44, ChippeRock, connorcompton, Carl Tuckerson, FlaviusAetius, rdrivera2005, Nephthys, Tom Bombadil
FlaviusAetius (7) — Balki Bartokomous, dargorygel, Foxcastle, MoscowFleet, TrPrado, Durga, bozotheclown
CruaaderReynauld (2) — ND, teacon7
ChippeRock (1) — EspressoPatronum
Percy Williams (1) — xorxes
No‑Lynch (1) — CruaaderReynauld

Two scum voted bozo, they both stayed there likely because it was an easy lynch, that they couldn't (shouldn't anyway) be harassed for too much.
Two scum voted Flavius. Balki and peterFleet. I would argue this is because they know Flavius is town. They would not risk lynching Mafia. This would mean
Fox is Mafia and 3 are on Flavius. I think that makes sense.

I would like to go through other days and do the same sort of thing.

connorcompton

#7017 Post by connorcompton » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:57 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm
CONNOR
1. First post is suspect on its own. "quite new to mafia", "I'm very enthusiastic", "let's kill some people" - also he would love to be in jail ;) As Fox pointed out too, this can be the pure feeling of justice. Without the joke, these expressions are very bold and connor is more suspect in my eyes now.

Yes Please! Do I win?
Not a very good reaction, like a happy mafia who believes to gain Prado's trust.

scumreading Balki __!STOP he is making very accurate guesses so far, in this early part of this game. The following teacon vote is wrong but I wouldn't expect mafia to vote for a real scum unless bussing right, so this is NAI - he also couldn't know teacon for sure if was town. But his accurate guesses are very suspicious now.

0. I like being light. I wasn't expecting every single word I say to be deeply analysed. It looks like I have to stay serious or make it very clear I am joking. Don't worry, it's not you, it's me.

1. Balki vs. teacon. A while a go now but I found Balki's 'smarmy' argument decent, but not AI. I think not getting to the point could easily be a sign of being just a bad town. Also, apparently teacon acted this way last game as town, so with that he could go either way. This makes me think that if he's town now, he should surely try and correct his mistake, rather than replicate it. (Overall though I still think he's Mafia, I'll get to that later)

2. Balki. I trust you. The comment previously was before your argument with teacon, and while I don't think your argument was particularly convincing, it put you in an earnest light for me.
Consider these together. I will try not to quote everything but he is really interacting with teacon in a way I think very weird and then says he trusts Balki.

I hate to bring this up but... this is, like, my first game. Before D1 I had ZERO experience on how to act. I'm always used to acting this way with friends, I have now learned to adapt to online, it has been a wonderful experience.
Also, town will and should still react to other people's scumreads on them and try and change their behaviour to suit that. Sorry if that seems dishonest, but conformity here helps the town.

Foxcastle

#7018 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:06 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:57 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
CONNOR

Yes Please! Do I win?

I hate to bring this up but... this is, like, my first game. Before D1 I had ZERO experience on how to act. I'm always used to acting this way with friends, I have now learned to adapt to online, it has been a wonderful experience.
Also, town will and should still react to other people's scumreads on them and try and change their behaviour to suit that. Sorry if that seems dishonest, but conformity here helps the town.
That's incorrect, and looks a lot more like a scum mindset ("blend in! work to avoid being scumread!") than a town mindset ("keep solving, and if someone's reads are wrong, point that out").

connorcompton

#7019 Post by connorcompton » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:06 pm
connorcompton wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:
CONNOR

2. Not a very good reaction, like a happy mafia who believes to gain Prado's trust.

4. :o Well well, did he notice his mistake ha?

That's incorrect, and looks a lot more like a scum mindset ("blend in! work to avoid being scumread!") than a town mindset ("keep solving, and if someone's reads are wrong, point that out").
It certainly does. But that doesn't change the fact that if I hadn't changed my behaviour after the beginning then I could've easily been mislynched and town would be closer to failing.

Foxcastle

#7020 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:22 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:16 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:06 pm
connorcompton wrote:

It certainly does. But that doesn't change the fact that if I hadn't changed my behaviour after the beginning then I could've easily been mislynched and town would be closer to failing.
So, my counter-argument to that is that you're scum, and during Night 1 in the mafia chat, your scummates gave you some coaching, and that's what actually changed your behavior.

Also, big question here: can you explain where anyone accuses you of changing your behavior? Because I don't see Yavuz making that claim in his post you quote/respond to.

Trying to explain away scummy things you haven't been accused of is... kinda scummy.