Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3861 Post by peterlund » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm

And as many have pointed out, if Balki is not the BA, the real BA will have an easy shot next night to improve his/her chances of winning. So ##UNVOTE for now.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3862 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm

@Town,

Get your act together please. We are in this together (to my dismay)

We’re at 9-6-1. If you mislynch, you lose. It will be 7-6-1. You cannot win that scenario, I think. There would still be an outside chance that I could win, but it would be extremely remote, especially with Hooker alive. You’ve invested a lot of time insulting each other in all caps this game. All that time would go to waste if you do not put in the work now.

I have four suggestions:

1. I believe Town should claim all roles now. Information is more important than PRs staying hidden. I mean...why even stay hidden at this point? You must lynch correctly, or you cannot win. Now is the time for mass claims, and then using that data to put the entire puzzle together.

2. Also, I would not lynch anyone without at least a working theory of what the whole scum team could be. If you look carefully, there are pairings that you can rule out (e.g., Xorx/Percy, Peter/Flav, etc.). That kind of Process of Elimination is critical here.

3. Forget what you think you know. You don’t. You’ve got two mislynches, and you’ve seen six flips! (All Town). That is a ton of new data. If you are not going back to Day 1 and thinking about the game with all of that new data in mind, you are lazy, bad at this, or you don’t care.

4. Everyone should contribute to the discussion and make arguments about the scum team, but in the end we all sheep rdrivera. He is the rock solid Town clear. There are too many bad guys to mess with the votes at this stage. The only way to be sure Town sticks together is to follow the clear.

Durga

#3863 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

We've also got Neph :')

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3864 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm
I believe strongly that Neph is Town, but he’s not clear. Rdrivera is clear.

Durga

#3865 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:32 pm
Durga wrote:
I believe strongly that Neph is Town, but he’s not clear. Rdrivera is clear.
Neph pretty much has to be judge based on your analysis. If he's not Judge the real judge should claim and we'll have a confirmed scum.

Durga

#3866 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:36 pm

It would be nice if rdr could direct town though.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3867 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Durga wrote:
Do you agree that we should mass claim? I think that’s a critical step. Possible there is a CC, but even if there isn’t, the info is going to be illuminating. Need to put the full picture together now.

Let’s say Xorx/Percy is innocent child. Let’s say Flav claims Cult Leader. The advantage of having that info now outweighs any potential downside at this point.

Percy Williams

#3868 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:08 pm
I'm so done with people having not read or understood the OP. Please, everyone, before you make an argument or even a comment about a PR or mechanic, please reread the OP.
Imo, we should have the vigilante kill the suicide bonver, and the doctor should kill whoever the detective says is the Alien. 🙃

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3869 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm

I’ll solve this damn game for you, but Town is not going to take orders from me, so please be optimal, and give me the tools I need.

Durga

#3870 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:36 pm
Durga wrote:
Do you agree that we should mass claim? I think that’s a critical step. Possible there is a CC, but even if there isn’t, the info is going to be illuminating. Need to put the full picture together now.

Let’s say Xorx/Percy is innocent child. Let’s say Flav claims Cult Leader. The advantage of having that info now outweighs any potential downside at this point.
There's not much to mass claim. Just judge left. Innocent child should obv claim if they're up for the lynch or getting suspected heavily but no one's gonna fake being IC so if they don't feel like claiming they don't have to. We also don't need them to unless they're wasting time defending their honour. Obv is its xorx/Percy they should claim it. But like should Squigs claim? No, obv not.

I support Flav claiming cult leader. But maybe he's actually the werewolf? Could also be the town doctor for all i know.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3871 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:42 pm

The benefit of a claim is that it gives us all info to solve. Xorx/Percy is not the only dipole.

We need to solve the whole picture now. We need all info out now.

Mafia has enough NK targets. We need info.

There is no benefit to withholding information now.

Durga

#3872 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:42 pm
The benefit of a claim is that it gives us all info to solve. Xorx/Percy is not the only dipole.

We need to solve the whole picture now. We need all info out now.

Mafia has enough NK targets. We need info.

There is no benefit to withholding information now.
All I'm saying is we can probably trust the IC to claim when they think it's right.

Percy Williams

#3873 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:17 pm
LOL, assuming Flavius is scum, does this mean Balki is the secretary? It's not that anyone was writing about how smart and experienced Balki was, it's that Balki was just giving strategy tips.
This would make a lot of sense.

Percy Williams

#3874 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:49 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
LOL, assuming Flavius is scum, does this mean Balki is the secretary? It's not that anyone was writing about how smart and experienced Balki was, it's that Balki was just giving strategy tips.
Maybe Balki was writing about how smart and experienced Balki is :lol:
You’re the internet explorer of players, Xorxes.
That makes me the Netscape Navigator of players.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3875 Post by peterlund » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:41 am
Sorry for my absence so far today, y'all. After seeing so many theories thrown around about NK and getting a headache, I felt my time would be better spent reading a book than investing in this. I showed back up a couple times via phone but wasn't up for getting in the thick of things. After some time away I feel I've looked at some people through the lens of guilt by association. Squigs moreso, but also to some extent rdrivera. Regarding Squigs I definitely think the association with Flavius is pretty bad but it's also quite one-sided. Flavius has most certainly attached himself to Squigs in a way I don't think anyone should, and I feel like a decent chunk of my Squigs read was unintentionally influenced by that. He answered my questions decently enough. And having a scummy attach themselves to you isn't exactly alignment indicative. I'll look back at Squigs again but he doesn't feel as scummy as he did when I first reread him. And with rdrivera my gut was telling me he was bussing Fox but I suppose that's reading into a bit more than what's there.
Is this the cop hinting that he scanned Squigs innocent N1?

Percy Williams

#3876 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:39 am
So I think we need to stop hunting for the BA at this point, since its most definitely not Balki, and no need for someone to counter claim ##vote Balki
Wut?

et

#3877 Post by et » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:24 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:21 pm
And read my next comment
Assassin: “You are Shelly de Killer, the MAFIA ASSASSIN. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia QT at <...>. Your teammates are <...>. Because you are a world class assassin, you will be the instrument of death for the Mafia team. During the night phase, you will perform the night kill by targeting a player. This player will die at the end of the night phase. While you are alive in the game you will always carry out the night kill, unless the Bailiff jails you before you can execute it! Additionally, being a master of disguise, you have a one-shot day kill that you enact by PM’ing the GMs (Jamiet99uk and worcej) a command of ‘##KILL <player>’ via PM or the Mafia QT. Once a GM processes the command, the kill will happen immediately during the day phase. You win when all of the town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

It was the BA I just reread
That's not the BA that's the mafia assassin
I think, Flav want to say anyone didn't die during daytime.
So, Mafia didn't use day-kill.
But GM said that too. A little confusing.

​GM Note:
I forgot to edit my intro post with this info... but the Assassin Day Kill is now a Car Bomb! This was a balance/tweak to help balance out the game.

You enter the command via PM to the GMs, Jamie and myself, and the command is '##PLANT '. The target will die at the end of the next night phase, ​unless they are jailed.

Also, the car bomb will not effect the Blind Assassin. Blind people do not drive, I hope...

et

#3878 Post by et » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:03 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:41 am
Sorry for my absence so far today, y'all. After seeing so many theories thrown around about NK and getting a headache, I felt my time would be better spent reading a book than investing in this. I showed back up a couple times via phone but wasn't up for getting in the thick of things. After some time away I feel I've looked at some people through the lens of guilt by association. Squigs moreso, but also to some extent rdrivera. Regarding Squigs I definitely think the association with Flavius is pretty bad but it's also quite one-sided. Flavius has most certainly attached himself to Squigs in a way I don't think anyone should, and I feel like a decent chunk of my Squigs read was unintentionally influenced by that. He answered my questions decently enough. And having a scummy attach themselves to you isn't exactly alignment indicative. I'll look back at Squigs again but he doesn't feel as scummy as he did when I first reread him. And with rdrivera my gut was telling me he was bussing Fox but I suppose that's reading into a bit more than what's there.
Is this the cop hinting that he scanned Squigs innocent N1?
That is possible.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3879 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:43 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
This would make a lot of sense.
No it doesn't. Secretary doesn't visit at night.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3880 Post by peterlund » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm

I got to page 47 after spending hours reading D1 on Sunday and I have followed D3. My current scum list FWIW is: balki, teacon, percy, flav, chip. No I do not believe that Balki is the BA but this will be sorted by EoN...