Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
et

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#2421 Post by et » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:53 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:31 pm
Well, I was doing some re-read on our two lynch candidates.

Will start with Espresso.

D1:
He focused most of D1 on pushing Chippe for the VT proof shenanigans which is NAI to me.
He defended Teacon using meta which is also NAI considering how the last game went (where he was doc and NKed D2 after obvtowing).
He expressed an interesting observations about policy lynches that look towny to me (because it goes against most peoples opinion).
Voted Chippe all day on a policy vote, which is a bit scummy but also consistent with his posts.
N1:
Defended his policy vote but hedged on Chippe being scum.
Townread Prado but hedged on him presenting analysis, but never discussed Prado´s analysis.
Made some excuses about his low participation.
Did a good comment about Chippe being really easy to buddy.
Answered Prado in a very analytical way, which isn´t AI.

D2:
Possible townslip (or faked) about the Janitor (he didn't noticed Janitor is a one time use power).
Voted Foxcastle, without much reasoning, which is weird considering he didn't talk about Fox before.
Vote Flavius with a decent justification (at least on my opinion).
Focused a lot on mechanics and the BA, which could be a scumtell as scum is probably also interested in discovering what exactly happened at night and who BA is.
EP get really more engaged on D2 as he said he will. Not much to read on this other then he was probably honest about his RL agenda.
Claimed VT which have some meaning considering he is up to the lynch now. And his message asking et to claim if he was PR is as towny as it could be unless both are Mafia.

Will do et now:

D1:
Et stats was really timid. A bunch of jokes and questions without really objectives or following. He is a newbie, which make harder to tell if just him trying to deal with such a big game or scum trying to fly under the radar.
He questioned the votes on Chippe, specially Bozo because the lack of reasoning.
He defended a policy lynch on lurkers, which is weird to me considering he isn't really active.
Talks about voting Damo or Cru and Nepth (lurkers) but ended parking a vote on Bozo with seven hours to go saying it won't change. This is a red flag to me as town have no incentive to have anchored votes like this.
Then he said to Prado: “I wanted to lynch lurkers. But I may change vote TrP.”. This is another red flag as give him the chance to change wagon closer to EOD if needed without much explanation.

N1:
I dislike his first message after the flip. Look like he is trying to fake some surprise.
And also the second one, where he criticise Bozo for not seeking scum (how he can be so sure Chippe is town?) but at same time admits he just tunneled Bozo which is town.
Again asked a lot of questions to Nepthis, Squigs and Prado but don´t really to bother with answers.

D2:
Asked Squigs the same questions.
Focused a lot on mechanics of the night actions, which could be scummy.
After being Judge target gave some reads, mostly townie ones.
His reaction to the claim thing is interesting. He keep his options open (maybe waiting for Secretary to say something? I know it´s speculation, but can´t not to think about this).

Well, all in all, I see a lot more reasons to scumread et at this point then Expresso. His anchored vote on Bozo and the way he throw questions without really caring about the answers make me feel he is the best bet for a scum between them.
And I think we need to Lynch, with two possible NK we can't afford losing the chance to hit scum.

##vote et
There are 2 reasons I don't say I am PR or not.
As I said, if one of us claim PR now, the other one(maybe VT, not scum) will be killed.
We can't get any information and lose one town.
If we don't claim now, we can see other players vote.
I think that is big information.
I want to think why EP don't say himselvs role.

I anchored vote because I thought boz is scum.
Why anchoring is no insensitive?
I think scums want to keep option open near by EoD.

et

#2422 Post by et » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Vote anchoring's insensitive in my thought.

Player voted may take it seriously, so we can see reaction.
And we can give PR veted by many players, time to claim.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2423 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:18 pm

et wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I meant anchoring in a sense you voted based in Bozo voting Chippe with no explanation and didn't reavalute this near EOD when Bozo stated his reasons. Voting Bozo isn't scummy per se, but I didn't like your voting process, like you were sure Chippe is town.
And you keep your options open in a later message to Prado.

ND

#2424 Post by ND » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Checking in on my break
I am going to ##vote Flav

I've got a case at home I'll publish when I get off.

et

#2425 Post by et » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:18 pm
et wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I meant anchoring in a sense you voted based in Bozo voting Chippe with no explanation and didn't reavalute this near EOD when Bozo stated his reasons. Voting Bozo isn't scummy per se, but I didn't like your voting process, like you were sure Chippe is town.
And you keep your options open in a later message to Prado.
Yes, boz stated. I waited that and I think that was not understandable for me. So I voted bozo.
And yes, I think Chipe is town with confidence. Because of Chipe's post about not cheating.
About Prado, I started to think Prado is scummy then.

Jamiet99uk

#2426 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:50 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:22 pm
Checking in on my break
I am going to ##vote Flav

I've got a case at home I'll publish when I get off.
This vote is not valid.

worcej

#2427 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Vote Count 2.6:
EspressoPatronum (1) Durga
et (1) rdrivera2005

Currently nobody is set to be lynched.

A reminder for how this works:
  1. If you had already voted before the Judge ability had been fired and do not move your vote, you will not be against the rules. Your vote will not be counted towards anything.
  2. If you had not already voted before the Judge ability was activated, you can only vote for et or EspressoPatronum. Failure to vote for either of them will be considered breaking the rules.
  3. As Jamie mentioned, No Lynch was removed as an option because it takes away from the ability of the Judge.

worcej

#2428 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:53 pm

Continuing with my above note, the following players MUST ensure their vote is on et or EspressoPatronum before EOD:
  1. connorcompton
  2. damo666
  3. et
  4. MoscowFleet
  5. Nephthys
  6. Percy Williams
  7. teacon7

damo666

#2429 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:05 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:28 pm
13 pages to go.

Flag's EoD looks townish
*Flav's

damo666

#2430 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Finally caught up. Phew!

Well I wanted to trust Bozo and lynch Chippe but that's no longer possible.

I think the Judge has made crazy decision.

I am null on et and slight townlean EP hence ##VOTE et

I am have some thoughts now i am up to date and will be posting again in an hour or so with said thoughts.

damo666

#2431 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:33 pm

As the Blind Assassin acts before the Assassin and assuming Carl was Mafia NK the BA must have used Anubis to scout. I am excusing both Durga and Xorxes as possible BA because neither are daft enough to have claimed jailed/RBd if they were.

The use of the car bomb day 1 is intriguing. It seems to imply that either there was a scum in trouble (most obvious being Flav but also possibly TrPrado) OR the Assassin had a strong read on darg (not sure how) which to me would indicate the Assassin is a strong experienced player, TomB springs to mind but there are others.

I think it is fair to assume the judge is not one of the more experienced stronger players.

Read list to follow.

damo666

#2432 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Reads list of all remaining players in alphabetical order. I stupidly didn't take notes on my mammoth catch up read so some of these will lack detail.

Balki - sensible solvey type posts. Townlean

Chips - verbose, unattractive style and although I have to admit he sounds more town than scum I trust Bozo's instincts and I want it to be Goodbye Mr Chips

connor - not too much to go on but townlean for now

Durga - un cc'd jail claim, has seemed very DurgaTown. Strong townlean

EP - not a great deal to go on but what there has seems sensible. Slight townlean

et - difficult to follow. Null

Flav - dodgy start and car bomb use suspicious but EOD not self saving seems town and therefore I give him the benfit of the doubt. Townlean.

Fox - tad strange. SK possibly.

MF - missing. NAI. Null

ND - passion indicates town to me. Townlean

Neph - Unsure. Sheeping Durga with a slight Scumlean

Percy W - again not a lot but what there is slight townlean

rdr - very little to gauge. Null

Squigs - strong start but has seemed to trail off. Something fishy. Slight scumlean.

Teacon - very different from last game so scumlean or might be SK.

Tom B - impossible to say. Could be anything.

TrPrado - I really dislike the wall style which are summaries and questions with no reads as far as I can make out. Possible Assassin?

Xorxes - un cc'd claim would indicate town but of course if he survives a couple of NKs suspicions would surface.

So in summary my guess at the scum team plus SK is Chips, Fox, Neph, Squigs, Teacon, Tom and TrPrado.

ND

#2433 Post by ND » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Okay I've just got caught up on lunch here. I see the judge has forced it between et and espresso. Well I don't think espresso is scum based on my read of him so far. And et is kind of freaky but I'm going to reread both to be fair.

My Flav stuff will now wait due to these developments.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2434 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:18 pm

I actually like the judge’s choice too. These guys are super under the radar and we would’ve never considered lynching them, but they also haven’t particularly acted in an inherently towny way yet.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2435 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:24 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 am
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:36 am
A quick follow up with Chippe before bed:

So do you think I look worse with the flip as well?
Kind of an aside, but on this particular note I’d totally do it again. Based on the specific things I look at and why, I don’t regret the push, especially because it’s correct more often than not.

Regarding you “highlighting” people’s behavior, I feel it’s important to note that the pessimistic and over the top way you go about it has the opposite effect. People think you’re jumping the gun and are less likely to take you seriously, which is ultimately unhelpful because even if you’re right you’ll have a harder time convincing everyone else of it.
You look worse because you quickly jumped onto Cruuader's wagon *immediately* after ND jumped on it. Again, as I've stated before, I think that based on the information present at the time, the Cruuader scum read & vote was just dumb and it really doesn't reflect you in a good light. Additionally, the fact that you jump off of Cruuader's wagon a few hours later is very suspicious - this coupled with your "impulsive" jump onto Cruuader doesn't shed you in a good light in my opinion.

I don't disagree that, with the additional information that Cruuader provided, reading Cruuader as scum was completely justified (which is why I haven't jumped onto teacon's case about it - there was a big indicator from Cruuader before that that he had played Mafia before), but my issue is the impulsiveness to jump on Cruuader's wagon and overall very bad & scummy looking scumread of Cruuader when the information that would back that read wasn't available at the time.
This is kinda part of what I mean by you assuming the worst. I’ve explained my position, one I stand by and don’t regret, but you’ve completely ignored my reasoning. Whether or not he played games off site factored completely 0 into my consideration of him, which is a point I tried to make very clear several times.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2436 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Damo: so you’re caught up but you didn’t read my night posts? :cry:

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2437 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Prado - why haven’t you show frustration. I remember you getting really frustrated when people don’t view the game like you or like the argument you present. You seem calm

EspressoPatronum

#2438 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:44 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:18 pm
I actually like the judge’s choice too. These guys are super under the radar and we would’ve never considered lynching them, but they also haven’t particularly acted in an inherently towny way yet.
I don't think you've responded to any of my recent posts, so I'm assuming you must have skimmed over them.

@TrPrado Do you have any thoughts on my carbomb theory re Flav being scum?

@TrPradoWhat are your thoughts on @et claiming if he's a PR?

To be clear to @et and any others... I am VT. If I were a PR, I would've claimed by now.

EspressoPatronum

#2439 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 pm
Is no lynch an option?
I don't think this is a good idea. The judge is one of the best roles we have left... if they made the call for me and et, one of us dying will maybe help the judge.

While I disagree with the Judge's choice of candidates, we have to work with what we've got now.

connorcompton

#2440 Post by connorcompton » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:51 pm

I've been absent for a while, I needed a break.
Interesting choice from the judge there, two people I would have guessed were town. I am not going to be able to fully read up to date here for a while but I've read the last few pages, and EP seems just a bit more open and relaxed. So while this is definitely open to change, I'm going to cash in my ##VOTE et now.