Classic 2 player diplomacy

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kizurazgubi

Classic 2 player diplomacy

#1 Post by Kizurazgubi » Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 am

Hi! I'm interested in playing classic england-france-russia against germany-austria-turkey, with italy in 1916... Where can i do so?

Claesar

Re: Classic 2 player diplomacy

#2 Post by Claesar » Thu May 23, 2019 10:36 am

vDiplomacy doesn't seem to offer this variant, as far as I can see. So I'm not sure it's available online.

captainmeme

#3 Post by captainmeme » Thu May 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Kizurazgubi wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 am
Hi! I'm interested in playing classic england-france-russia against germany-austria-turkey, with italy in 1916... Where can i do so?
PlayDiplomacy has this, it's the default if you set the player count to 2 (although I think they changed it so that Italy never joins a side, because otherwise most games were won by a coin toss).

Peregrine Falcon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

#4 Post by Peregrine Falcon » Thu May 23, 2019 6:49 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:35 pm
PlayDiplomacy has this, it's the default if you set the player count to 2 (although I think they changed it so that Italy never joins a side, because otherwise most games were won by a coin toss).
So what you're saying is that vDip should get on adding this?

captainmeme

#5 Post by captainmeme » Thu May 23, 2019 11:22 pm

Maybe. I personally think the only thing this variant has going for it is that it's in the rulebook - aside from that, variants like FvA, GvI, Cold War and Duo beat it in every way. It's short, extremely luck based, and has an extra level of complexity (in the way having multiple countries under your command works) that adds nothing to the game.

As with any variant, if anyone wants to do the work to add it they're welcome to, but I'd be happy letting playdip keep that one :D