What happened to my Game?

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Tibarius

What happened to my Game?

#1 Post by Tibarius » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:44 am

Good day everyone,

i was playing a standard Game of Diplomacy called "Power Play-2".

The Game was processing to the build phase, i as Brittain owned 19 supply centers.

The Notice section (in the middle of my screen) does not show anything about the game. The Game section (right side) does not list the game either.

If i search for Games, using the search engine looking for my own games only i see it as finished and i won. BUT there is no remark in the Notice section about the game. I would expect there to be something like "Game Power Play-2 has ended. You won the game and received xxx points. ..."

Tibarius

Re: What happened to my Game?

#2 Post by Tibarius » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:47 am

Can't Edit the last post, so a small addon here ...

The list of finished games contains a lot of game names where it looks to me, like there is some kind of mix done in the game database. I cannot recall a single name of the games listed there, for example all the games starting with "GB Tournament ...".

It looks to me like something is extremely messed up with the website and/or the database.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3 Post by dargorygel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:52 am

We'll look at it, Tibarius... thanks.
It would be good, btw, and ensure quicker reaction, to email the mods about this. (although putting it on the forum ALSO gives others who might have experienced something similar a chance to notice, too.)

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:19 pm

You appear to have disabled notices for the game. That's a new feature recently added so that you do not have to see those messages if you don't want to, especially for live games where they tend to clog up your notices screen. It can be used on any of your games, though.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Tibarius wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:47 am
Can't Edit the last post, so a small addon here ...

The list of finished games contains a lot of game names where it looks to me, like there is some kind of mix done in the game database. I cannot recall a single name of the games listed there, for example all the games starting with "GB Tournament ...".

It looks to me like something is extremely messed up with the website and/or the database.
The search engine works fine. Those gunboat tourney games are from 5 years ago, and after playing 159 games, maybe you have forgotten about them? I noticed you also have a lot of live games from 2013. I clicked on several of the games and you were in each of them.

Tibarius

#6 Post by Tibarius » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:09 am

Many thanks for explaining the circumstances.