Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

#101 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 pm

I think our decisions were nice.
RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm
Vote Nay on Proposal 0.1 & 0.2
Vote Yea on Proposal 0.3 & 0.4
(Specifically) lke (but it's for everybody): plz tell your reasons when you vote negative.

RagingIke297

#102 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Explanation
Prop 0.1 goes against prop 0.3
Prop 0.2 the only thing that is a turn off for me in this prop is this sentence: "All voting must end exactly 1 hour before phase change to give the President time to veto any proposal if he so chooses."

I realize the president can veto one piece of legislation, but i don't see why he would ever need to, we are all after the same thing here and we are going to disagree on how to handle certain situations. Why should one person have the ability to silence many? I don't think he should, and therefore it would be best if he refrained from using a veto altogether.

Not that our illustrious president would ever consider abusing that power, or any power we would give him, but to me the president is president of the people, not the council.

yavuzovic

#103 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Yea, that's logical too.
I still support proposal 0.2 but I'll review 0.1 until tomorrow. Maybe not to send a councillor is a better idea. I may decide even ignoring the event.

brainbomb

#104 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 pm

GM NOTE: keep an eye on your private messages. Players may learn information that will not immediately be released. You may share what You receive from me.

RagingIke -if sent- to the Anamoly will learn about it privately and rejoin mid-phase 1 assuming nothing happens to him. Or assuming he doesnt go off on a wild solo adventure for a while lol.

brainbomb

#105 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Reminder that no one has any secret wincons so information sharing is mostly just to reflect timing.

leon1122

#106 Post by leon1122 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Szpoti wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 pm
I stay in the shadow, and attack silently from behind when you multi or meta, when your account is flagged up in red. And then I retreat and submerge in the shadow again.
Cool. When did you become a mod?
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 pm
I like Ike's offer... let's use our folk and their skills.
##Proposal 0.3 Send in that Python to investigate... keeping close contact through our M.E.C.A. (Most Excellent Communications Apparatus)
##Vote aye on proposal 0.3
Firstly, I'm going to assume that the previous 0.3 to reboot brainbot was a joke proposal and that this is the actual 0.3.

##Vote nay on Proposal 0.3

Sending Ike on a mission like this is quite foolish in my opinion. Our battleship would be able to scan from afar without incurring any danger upon itself, whereas the Python would have to endanger itself by getting close in to the anomaly. I recognize that people can respawn, but each time someone dies, it lowers our morale, and we don't have a lot of that to lose right now.
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 pm
You cant do any L2 techs till youve completed the L1 prerequisites.
L3, L4, and L5 have much longer research times as well as prerequisites before you can begin them.
##brainbot You haven't listed most of the prerequisites for higher level techs on the google doc. For instance, there's currently no prerequisite for the Tier 3 tech "Presidential Powers" on there yet.

##Vote aye on Proposal 0.4
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 pm
We will live in a dome, right?
What will be advantages to have a breathable atmosphere?
Is dome limited?
Why do we need a breathable atmosphere?
I imagine it's so that if an enemy destroys our dome, we don't just immediately all suffocate.
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16 pm
Oh you need a 1/3 majority to ever pass anything btw.

If someone votes no you will need 4 or more.
Since when did brainbot get to decide our voting system? I absolutely hate this stupid, convoluted system that will no doubt hinder us in the future. I'm going to add an amendment overriding this to Proposal 0.2.

##Amend Proposal 0.2 Proposals shall not need a minimum number of votes to pass. All proposals must be proposed in their final form at least 6 hours before phase change to give players sufficient time to vote on them.
RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 pm
Not that our illustrious president would ever consider abusing that power, or any power we would give him, but to me the president is president of the people, not the council.
Ha, dream on. Why do you think I chose this role? I only have one veto per phase anyways, and Supreme Leader Pakhwa is always right.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#107 Post by dargorygel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm

@brain... but what about that secret win condition you sent me?? Oh.. I mean... nvm... You sent me an ocean dwelling toothpaste blinking one eye at some dictation... (sea crest wink on dictation...)

brainbomb

#108 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 pm

24 hours remain until arrival on Endeavour3.

Brainbot: I have mapped out an ideal looking spot for our colony that is likely to provide us the best chances of finding luxuries, metals, fresh water and some forest. It is close to a stream. And far from any known volcanoes. It also has mountains.

Current charter:

##Proposal 0.1 Choose Option B for the Phase 0 Crisis.

Yes: Yavuz, leon, thamrick,
No: Dargorygel, Ike

Failed 

##Proposal 0.2 (Voting Rules) If no proposal or multiple contradictory proposals for a crisis solution is/are passed, select the one with the greatest yea:nay vote ratio. If two or more such proposals are tied, brainbot will use a random number generator to determine which one is passed. All voting must end exactly 1 hour before phase change to give the President time to veto any proposal if he so chooses. If a crisis solution is vetoed, the proposed solution with the second-highest yea:nay ratio will be selected.

Yes: Yavuz, leon, thamrick, dargo
No: ike
Passed

##Proposal 0.3 Send in that Python to investigate... keeping close contact through our M.E.C.A. (Most Excellent Communications Apparatus)

Yes: Dargo , Ike
No: leon

Fails

Prop 0.4 Research Biowells
Yes: Yavuz, Ike, dargo
Passed

##Amend Proposal 0.2 Proposals shall not need a minimum number of votes to pass. All proposals must be proposed in their final form at least 6 hours before phase change to give players sufficient time to vote on them.

Yes leon

leon1122

#109 Post by leon1122 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:11 pm

##brainbot, I’m not requesting a vote on that particular amendment. I AM amending it to Proposal 0.2, and of people don’t like it, they will have to vote nay on the entire proposal.

brainbomb

#110 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Brainbot: I do truly love humans. So fiesty.

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#111 Post by Szpoti » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm

@Brainbot: Why haven't my votes been taken into consideration?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#112 Post by dargorygel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 pm

I like leon's adjusted voting thing... but I don't need to revote.

I hope people agree to send Ike... assuming it's not to late. I would not agree to this if the pilot was willing. But it was his idea.

Let's us arrive safely. Let's us arrive on time. Let's us use a citizen's skills, that he wishes to use.

Vote yes, folk!

Also... for some reason, I look out of the window.

RagingIke297

#113 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 pm

@brainbot

Do we still have time to make a decision on the anomaly?

RagingIke297

#114 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 am

##Proposal 0.5 No councilor may have the ability to veto any legislation that passes, not even the president.

##Vote Yea on Proposal 0.5

brainbomb

#115 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:34 am

Current charter:

##Proposal 0.1 Choose Option B for the Phase 0 Crisis.

Yes: Yavuz, leon, thamrick, szoptzi
No: Dargorygel, Ike

Fails

##Proposal 0.2 (Voting Rules) If no proposal or multiple contradictory proposals for a crisis solution is/are passed, select the one with the greatest yea:nay vote ratio. If two or more such proposals are tied, brainbot will use a random number generator to determine which one is passed. All voting must end exactly 1 hour before phase change to give the President time to veto any proposal if he so chooses. If a crisis solution is vetoed, the proposed solution with the second-highest yea:nay ratio will be selected.

Yes: Yavuz, leon, thamrick, dargo, szpotzi
Passed

Yes: Dargo , Ike
No: leon

Fails

Prop 0.4 Research Biowells
Yes: Yavuz, Ike, dargo
Passed

Yes: leon

Fails

Prop 5.0
No veto actions allowed

Yes: Ike

Fails

[/quote]
Szpoti wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:25 pm
##vote yes on proposal 0.1
##vote yes on proposal 0.2

brainbomb

#116 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:38 am

Szpoti wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm
@Brainbot: Why haven't my votes been taken into consideration?
Brainbot: Deepest apologies councillor. Missed in my cursory scan

brainbomb

#117 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 am

Skirks: Reeeeeeep RIP RIP REEEEEEEEP.
*scratch scratch*

REEEEEEP
*paces nervously one direction*

Riiiiiiioooooooooph

*runs crazed into a crack in the vents*

*rustling sounds*

*acorn shells spew out of vent*

RagingIke297

#118 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 am

Who owns the squirrel? Get ahold of that guy pls before something bad happens

leon1122

#119 Post by leon1122 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 pm
Let's us use a citizen's skills, that he wishes to use.
I understand that he wishes to use his skills, but the other settlers don't feel that way. They will lose morale if he dies, and we don't have that much morale to lose.

##Vote nay on Proposal 0.5
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:34 am

Yes: leon

Fails
No, fuck this. Our bot is deliberately ignoring a direct order of a councilor to add an amendment to his own piece of legislation. It's also ridiculous that a 4:2 vote is considered to be failing.

##Unvote brainbot
##Vote Wes

We'll submit our own charter without this stupid voting system and this stupid bot's interpretations.

In addition, here is the current state of Proposal 0.2

##Proposal 0.2 (Voting Rules) If no proposal or multiple contradictory proposals for a crisis solution is/are passed, select the one with the greatest yea:nay vote ratio. If two or more such proposals are tied, brainbot will use a random number generator to determine which one is passed. All voting must end exactly 1 hour before phase change to give the President time to veto any proposal if he so chooses. If a crisis solution is vetoed, the proposed solution with the second-highest yea:nay ratio will be selected. Proposals shall not need a minimum number of votes to pass. All proposals must be proposed in their final form at least 6 hours before phase change to give players sufficient time to vote on them.

Yes: Yavuz, leon, thamrick, dargo, szpotzi
Passed

There is no separate vote for the amendment.

RagingIke297

#120 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:27 am

Our bot is deliberately ignoring a direct order of a councilor to add an amendment to his own piece of legislation.
Yeah, it says that'll happen sometimes in its description