Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4281 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:27 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:08 am
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:57 pm
So I'm back.

I was vaguely reading along throughout the week. I don't have too much to offer right now. I will try to come up with some logic soonish although I have some more lectures and will be out tonight. I can promise that after EOD tomorrow I will be more active.

So essentially I think that xorx/peter are good lynches here. I'm leaning xorx because I get more suspicious the longer someone is on the block without being lynched. Also peter has less to go on. That being said I am happy for him to be killed. I will try to publish a full read list tonight before I go out.

Until then, ##vote xorxes
Are you equally suspiocious of other people that have been on the block and not lynched (CFox/yavu, bozo, Moscow, RHK ...) or is it just me?
So a quick re-read turns out you actually weren't on the block before yesterday.... I guess that lessens my suspicion about you. I still am highly skeptical of you.

and yes I do suspect the others for it although I generally get overall townier feelings from the others.

Nephthys

#4282 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 am
##Vote neph.
Logic?

xorxes

#4283 Post by xorxes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:30 am

LordQuas wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:18 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:02 pm

weird thing to focus on :v

especially considering it's not necessarily scum sided for the desperado to shoot there and even the "cop" himself was deliberating on whether or not to do it
Don't try to apply standard logic to Yav, it won't work. Just saying...
I find that most times people say this it ends up not being very true

people discredited ghug the same way but I think he's been playing aight this game, people discredit brainbomb the same way but very often that's not the case

/shrug
All right, I shouldn't have said you're being discredited for being illogical, but rather for acting illogically. I'm not editorializing anything.

xorxes

#4284 Post by xorxes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:21 am

I don't think you've been mislynched before. Why do you think it's happening here?
Probably because it's very easy to follow yours and Tom's instructions when he was so awesome and you are a semi-clear.

Ezio

#4285 Post by Ezio » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:45 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 am
ghug wrote:

I don't think you've been mislynched before. Why do you think it's happening here?
Probably because it's very easy to follow yours and Tom's instructions when he was so awesome and you are a semi-clear.
bad answer buddy. Why do you think they're scumreading you?

damo666

#4286 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:55 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:44 pm
5 = towniest; -5 = scummiest
I just discovered bozotheclown is playing :nmr:
Bozo: -2, he isn't playing, has a push on Xorxes - which makes me think they aren't aligned in same faction. However he made many posts before I came. I will take another look at him if I have time.

damo: -1, another low poster and unlike bozo he was posting some short sentences before that too.

DemonRHK: -2, very talkative and spamming the thread as a scum strategy :WP I would vote for him if it wasn't possible him to be a town avoiding the game.

DT: -1, I don't understand why he accused emc for poor reaction to Tom's death. (He can't be both scum and Vengeful Townie at the same time though. He must be marked 5️⃣)

e=m.c^2: 3, I like the way he posts. Active. @emc, were you from MU or is this your first game or did you play before me or do you have experience at mafia?

Ezio: -2, voted for me when I came first, I thought it could be something about CF but he didn't make a case on anything and lurked after that.

Dargorygel: 5, he killed 2 men, what does scum do? They kill man. This logic brings us to the conclusion, he is scum.

ghug: -1, he makes good posts, but this adjective is only valid when we talk about it's amount. Look at his posts, I don't see a real thing he said in D4 and 1 -2 good posts but not many in N&D3. However there's nothing I can use against him. Scummy null.

LQ: 2, I have gut feelings saying he is town, since we don't have evidence against this I will mark him 2️⃣

MoscowFleet (I don't like using this abbreviation): -2, nothing today, and only reviewing the last two posts at night. I got some scum impression from him. Don't really know why.

Neph: 0,
Anyways I'm on mobile til Friday night, will do what I can
We can't scumread him for lurking, that's acceptable but I can't townread him either without enough material. Also I'm writing on phone atm, I don't understand why people can't use phone.

Peterlund: -2, playing like busy, I hope he really is.. His last vote really makes uneasy.

Ike: 1, gut says townie, I read many posts but I don't really find anything to write here. He makes some good posts too but they're lost in other posts. Maybe I give too much point but since we don't have counter evidence...

rdrivera: 2, good and logical posts. Feels town. I don't really have a case but he is apparently not scummy.

Vaporwave: 2,
S​cummy pool: RHK/ezio/Neph/peterlund/
I agree with this scum pool and believe there must be a scum in this list. If I'm right you're more clear, anyway I got good vibes from him.

Vecna: 0, not really scumreading him, but as I understand he didn't want decperado to shoot BB and Jamie - we all townread some scum at some point so this isn't really scum indicative but this is something suspect to do.

Xorxes: -1, I voted for him because he felt fake for a moment but I don't really remember what made me think that. But I know there was something in my mind when I voted. I actually asked why were we scumreading him bit people didn't reply or I don't remember. ##unvote until I decide who to vote.
This seems like you've only read D3-D4. Suggest you read from the beginning.

xorxes

#4287 Post by xorxes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:45 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 am
ghug wrote:

bad answer buddy. Why do you think they're scumreading you?
Ghug because I haven't obvtowned enough yet. I don't remember why Tom did, maybe he said it and I missed it.

Nephthys

#4288 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:02 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Bozo: -2, he isn't playing, has a push on Xorxes - which makes me think they aren't aligned in same faction. However he made many posts before I came. I will take another look at him if I have time.

damo: -1, another low poster and unlike bozo he was posting some short sentences before that too.

DemonRHK: -2, very talkative and spamming the thread as a scum strategy :WP I would vote for him if it wasn't possible him to be a town avoiding the game.

DT: -1, I don't understand why he accused emc for poor reaction to Tom's death. (He can't be both scum and Vengeful Townie at the same time though. He must be marked 5️⃣)

e=m.c^2: 3, I like the way he posts. Active. @emc, were you from MU or is this your first game or did you play before me or do you have experience at mafia?

Ezio: -2, voted for me when I came first, I thought it could be something about CF but he didn't make a case on anything and lurked after that.

Dargorygel: 5, he killed 2 men, what does scum do? They kill man. This logic brings us to the conclusion, he is scum.

ghug: -1, he makes good posts, but this adjective is only valid when we talk about it's amount. Look at his posts, I don't see a real thing he said in D4 and 1 -2 good posts but not many in N&D3. However there's nothing I can use against him. Scummy null.

LQ: 2, I have gut feelings saying he is town, since we don't have evidence against this I will mark him 2️⃣

MoscowFleet (I don't like using this abbreviation): -2, nothing today, and only reviewing the last two posts at night. I got some scum impression from him. Don't really know why.

We can't scumread him for lurking, that's acceptable but I can't townread him either without enough material. Also I'm writing on phone atm, I don't understand why people can't use phone.

Peterlund: -2, playing like busy, I hope he really is.. His last vote really makes uneasy.

Ike: 1, gut says townie, I read many posts but I don't really find anything to write here. He makes some good posts too but they're lost in other posts. Maybe I give too much point but since we don't have counter evidence...

rdrivera: 2, good and logical posts. Feels town. I don't really have a case but he is apparently not scummy.

I agree with this scum pool and believe there must be a scum in this list. If I'm right you're more clear, anyway I got good vibes from him.

Vecna: 0, not really scumreading him, but as I understand he didn't want decperado to shoot BB and Jamie - we all townread some scum at some point so this isn't really scum indicative but this is something suspect to do.

Xorxes: -1, I voted for him because he felt fake for a moment but I don't really remember what made me think that. But I know there was something in my mind when I voted. I actually asked why were we scumreading him bit people didn't reply or I don't remember. ##unvote until I decide who to vote.
6/18 as townreads, thats a little worrying although sadly I do agree with this a little.

LordQuas

#4289 Post by LordQuas » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 am

xorxes is trying super fucking hard to gaslight me rn

e.m.c^42

#4290 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:51 am

@Ezio, some reasoning to why voting Neph? :D

You're rather low in material for the past few days (like a lot of other people, but at least some of them tried to bs a reason to why they're voting who lol), and I don't get much of your why, other than that you haven't played with Neph and that he's null due to the lurking.

Ezio

#4291 Post by Ezio » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:06 am

I dislike his defense of sheeping tom for his move off of his wagon.

I've disliked his play previously.

I tend not to have reasons for my scumreads. Whenever I do, unless they're mechanic based, they tend to be wrong.

e.m.c^42

#4292 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:09 am

@yavu

Like said above, I do recommend at the very least skimming the previous pages, haha---you're missing a decent amount of information (like, for example, how is RHK talkative/spamming at all? Unless it's sarcasm lol)

I agree a little bit on ghug, but he has been contributing more than you said but ehh...there were a few things he said earlier that made me feel like he knew more than he was letting on however. Not sure if he's just good at reading, or actually knows more--did anyone else mildly get that feeling?

and to answer your questions:

Nope, not from MU
Yes, this is my first game
Nope, as stated above, haven't played before, don't have any experience other than reading the past games here :D

Nephthys

#4293 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:14 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:06 am
I dislike his defense of sheeping tom for his move off of his wagon.

I've disliked his play previously.

I tend not to have reasons for my scumreads. Whenever I do, unless they're mechanic based, they tend to be wrong.
So you dislike me following the logic I outline 1hr or so before EOD?

What haven't you liked about my play

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4294 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:46 am

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:02 am
yavuzovic wrote:

6/18 as townreads, thats a little worrying although sadly I do agree with this a little.
This is something I agree, I would not mind lynching half of the remaining players, including you Nephthys.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4295 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:09 am
I agree a little bit on ghug, but he has been contributing more than you said but ehh...there were a few things he said earlier that made me feel like he knew more than he was letting on however. Not sure if he's just good at reading, or actually knows more--did anyone else mildly get that feeling?
Do you have examples, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Nephthys

#4296 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:58 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:46 am
Nephthys wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:

Neph: 0, We can't scumread him for lurking, that's acceptable but I can't townread him either without enough material. Also I'm writing on phone atm, I don't understand why people can't use phone.

Vaporwave: 2, I agree with this scum pool and believe there must be a scum in this list. If I'm right you're more clear, anyway I got good vibes from him.

This is something I agree, I would not mind lynching half of the remaining players, including you Nephthys.
It's mutual buddy xx

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4297 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:06 am

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:58 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

It's mutual buddy xx
Why's this day so fucking lame then?

Nephthys

#4298 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:06 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:58 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

It's mutual buddy xx
Why's this day so fucking lame then?
The only people I legit think are town are LQ/bozo/emc and maybe you. As I mentioned I'm pushed for time rn and don't have the time/motivation to do 13 re reads and present cases on everyone.

There's too many options

Nephthys

#4299 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:11 am

Also is darg gonna shoot today or not?

e.m.c^42

#4300 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:19 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:09 am
Do you have examples, or are you just talking out of your ass?
talking out of my ass ;d

but this:
ghug wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 pm
Well played, Tom.
Nice, you can retract now Tom.
sorta felt like you knew Tom was VT before he flipped lol (or that he was doing it by testing for reactions). Small thing, didn't notice until I started rereading you.