Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#2661 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 pm
I agree with rhk in that a tdh flip gives us a lot of info.

As he is one of my scum reads

##vote tdh
The bot does not like this vote, I do not know what the GMs will do with it.

thamrick

#2662 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:01 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:58 pm
I think if we were going to try hypo cop claiming we should have discussed it ahead of time and agreed to have everyone do it.
^This guy

Nephthys

#2663 Post by Nephthys » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:00 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 pm
I agree with rhk in that a tdh flip gives us a lot of info.

As he is one of my scum reads

##vote tdh
The bot does not like this vote, I do not know what the GMs will do with it.
##vote thdfrance

Vecna

#2664 Post by Vecna » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:06 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm
I like that new MU idea:

n1 green check RHK

##vote Jamie btw for being rude towards the MUers, the new fresh blood over here!
anyone for a lynch on this slot?

or is thamrick finally picking up heat? people have gotta caught up on him just coasting by posting trivial drivel in every post right?

bozotheclown

#2665 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:38 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 pm
I mean, I share Bozo's concern. When things are spread out like this it becomes very easy for scum to manipulate the lynch.
I think the wagons will consolidate near EOD, there is no need to force it now, let's people vote and push his scumreads. Even if scum try to manipulate the voting we get more info for later.
Why aren't you pushing your scum read then? Your single vote on dargorygel is not helpful if you are not trying to convince anyone he is should be the lynch. Even if you are right, there are 5 other scum out there.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2666 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:10 pm

The jamie wagon looks really poor. peter and bozo are both scummy and I have suspicions on Tom

bozotheclown

#2667 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:06 pm
peterlund wrote:
I like that new MU idea:

n1 green check RHK

##vote Jamie btw for being rude towards the MUers, the new fresh blood over here!

or is thamrick finally picking up heat? people have gotta caught up on him just coasting by posting trivial drivel in every post right?
What slot, peter? I do not see any compelling reason to lynch him from his 7 posts. thamrick seems more likely to be town to me as well.

bozotheclown

#2668 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:10 pm
The jamie wagon looks really poor. peter and bozo are both scummy and I have suspicions on Tom
Looks can be deceiving.

Jamiet99uk

#2669 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:15 pm

If we're not lynching Brainbomb I could also be persuaded to vote for Peterlund, ThdFrance, or Moscowfleet.

I actually think CrimsonFox is probably town now. He has been more useful today, or at least tried to.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2670 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Looks can be deceiving.
brain, who's known for fakeclaims, calls you out you snap omgus him. Now you're voting with him.

damo666

#2671 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:22 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 pm
e.m.c^42 and thamrick have not voted.

Bozo, join me on Brainbomb and then there won't be a tie.
I shall vote once this if/else list is finished xD

Trying to cram all the thoughts I've had so far into it, so.
Hurry up Einstein. We need to have enough time to digest your paper before EOD.

damo666

#2672 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:25 pm

##vote thdfrance

Vecna

#2673 Post by Vecna » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:26 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:
peterlund wrote:
I like that new MU idea:

n1 green check RHK

What slot, peter? I do not see any compelling reason to lynch him from his 7 posts. thamrick seems more likely to be town to me as well.
well you havent done anything to impress me either (even though i have a ton of catching up to do) so you might as well be trying to keep some heat off of your teammates.

bozotheclown

#2674 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:

well you havent done anything to impress me either (even though i have a ton of catching up to do) so you might as well be trying to keep some heat off of your teammates.
Do you think I would actively defend scum teammates who have little or no votes?

bozotheclown

#2675 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:34 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Looks can be deceiving.
brain, who's known for fakeclaims, calls you out you snap omgus him. Now you're voting with him.
I voted for brainbomb because he was calling for the desperado to target me, which would have killed the desperado. When brainbomb's fake claims are more likely to help scum than town, it is a good indication that he is scum. So far it appears he has tried to expose the cop, the desperado, and the doctor.

Also, brainbomb voting for Jamie makes me suspect Jamie more, not less.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2676 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:44 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:34 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Looks can be deceiving.
I voted for brainbomb because he was calling for the desperado to target me, which would have killed the desperado. When brainbomb's fake claims are more likely to help scum than town, it is a good indication that he is scum. So far it appears he has tried to expose the cop, the desperado, and the doctor.

So you scumread Jamie more because you think brain is bussing him? And you think brain is PR hunting? Is that the basis of your scumread?

That's a huge risk, I like others have seen bored brain this game. I don't see this as scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2677 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:51 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:44 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:34 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

So you scumread Jamie more because you think brain is bussing him? And you think brain is PR hunting? Is that the basis of your scumread?

That's a huge risk, I like others have seen bored brain this game. I don't see this as scum.
Brain doesn't get bored as town. The not knowing keeps him invested.

Jamiet99uk

#2678 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:51 pm

@peterlund: Who are your top five scumreads, and why?

Currently you're voting me for "being rude" which is no reason for a vote.

e.m.c^42

#2679 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:51 pm

if/else list! This will be just a transcription of all my thoughts so far (written down, that is--it's bound to be true that I forgot something in the back of my head from yesterday).

Not going to break this up, since if it's going to be an essay, it should look a proper one as well lol

Firstly, a bit of a background info if it still hasn't been clear: I do not know what constitutes as being "scum" or being "town", or what acts--All I can sorta identify is "being helpful/attempting to solve" and "not being helpful/trying to solve".

See, since the point of this game for scum players is to be as "towny" as they can be, then should the most suspicious people be the ones who try to help the most? But that can't be right, since genuine town players will be doing the exact same thing. However, not everyone has the capabilities or circumstances to put that much work in; as either alignment. So "scum = not helpful" can't be true all the time. Lynching contributing town might still not be a bad thing however, since their essentially non-existent ingame asides from being filler slots--if they aren't following closely, it's also possible they can be mislead/pushed in certain directions.

This isn't even mentioning personality or meta, just speculating if there's a positive correlation between "contributing" and being "town"--it would be easier for scum players to fake genuine contribution, since they already have knowledge on who is and who isn't. The only place that might be difficult is maintaining logical flow, but a lot of people are illogical depending on what standards one is using. What seems to a clear "A -> B" for you might be a "A -> L" jump for me, and vice versa. (This is part of the reason why I have trouble understanding--when someone just says "this is good", it's very hard for me to understand why if you don't provide reasoning, provide "because X did [blank] and [blank], which shows [alignment] due to [attribute one, attribute two]".

but no matter, onto thoughts!

bozotheclown: Nonstyled. He's been posting more recently in the past hour or so, but overall I can’t recall him talking much, a lot of it seemed to be related to xorxes or just single sentence comment thoughts. Feels a bit bland? Is he normally bland?

brainbomb: Styled. Will admit that in middle of the start to now, he seemed to lose interest somewhere.

CrimsonFox: Styled. He’s been talking a lot, and not really spamming anymore, but chatty. Doesn’t consolidate his opinions, but rather spreads them out, having a bit in each post. He does promote activity, agree with Vecna on that point with reactions. Gifs are fun enough, but he lost a little casualness earlier today?

damo666: Nonstyled. His earlier comments seemed to be not game-related, and very short like fillers (in the sense of “solving”). More recently, they’ve been short comments on the state of the game. Don’t know if he’s one of those people who like to ask short questions most of the time, and do analysis privately. Seems to be somewhat keeping his views to himself in order to not influence what other people are saying (so he can watch and conclude).

DemonRHK: Occasionally styled, (great song XD). He seems to like being quiet/lurking, and speaking up now and then. Has tried to analyze and contribute in some parts, but asides from the song and anti-cop idea, I can’t remember anything. Does stick to his own ideas though, not easily influenced by other people? Likes to say “fucking” to what he thinks stupid ideas.

DoubtingThomas: Occasionally styled. His early posts and his posts recently are so different...He gave me that really long explanation, and then sorta regressed to lol’ing at stuff and questioning every now and then. Seems to be somewhat trying. Did find that explanation at the beginning a bit strange, it felt like he was reading too much into something considering how early it was and how that type of analysis died out now.

e.m.c^42: Styled, got toned down a lil’ bit. Avoids absolute statements, no point writing anything here xD

Ezio: Nonstyled. Also rather bland/or low in posts. Asides from getting voted, meme’d about, doesn’t have much of a presence. Also lurky, but he tried to somewhat contribute recently <--am a bit meh on that. Has a thing about Quas.

Flash2015: Dead and town. I didn’t remember anything about him at all haha.

dargorygel: Not enough information. I have no idea whether he’s just gone or busy this time, but other than his what, 2(?) readlists, there’s absolutely nothing from him. No explanations either, and it feels like he isn’t even following along closely, or skimming all the pages. It’s like he’s not here at all lol. Wouldn’t mind lynching him if I can’t decide later.

ghug: Nonstyled. His posts up until recently were all nitpicks, or grammar issues, complaining, etc...It doesn’t feel like that’s his personality, but eh. Contributes a bit like Cfox, his reads are spread out among posts and not consolidated too much.

Jamiet99uk: Styled. Has a thing for Brain, but this is pretty common, ain’t it? Probed a bit around with other players, asking them questions + etc…, but went back to Brain for some reason. Just speculation here, but his insistence on Brain might have a little to do with “better safer than sorry”, since he’s hard to read for Jamie/when town, acts in a way that makes him assume scum.

LordQuas: Styled. Has been talking a lot. I do agree a bit with how it seems like he was trying to lead the game, but it may be him making up for the lack of anyone else doing so, so far. His ketchup posts I actually like, they’re objective enough within reason.

MoscowFleet: Styled. In the beginning, he seemed like he was trying to actively participate; like he said himself, low in post count, but each one has thought in it. However, that was just the start of the game. More recently,

ND: Dead and town.

Nephthys: Styled. (How the hell do you find the sheer willpower to do reads person by person? I’m a bit tired from this already XD. Kudos to you). Is busier? and so he’s not doing his essay reads anymore. He tends to analyze by assuming null/scumlean to begin with, and move people up to town as they prove themselves. I actually like his style analysis quite a bit, regardless of right/wrong. Seems to have a little trouble with reading more joking/casual/trolly style posts tho?

peterlund: Not enough information, but probably nonstyled. Same as with Darg above, but he’s given an excuse for being gone at the very least (and was genuinely not logged on, but he might’ve been one of the many “guest lurkers” xD). Going to wait and see if his catchup post was just voting Jamie, or if he’s typing more as of now. *Edit, he seems in favor of the cop idea--is he thinking too highly of other people’s abilities? Or is this something else...

RagingIke: Nonstyled. He did contribute more recently.

rdrivera2005: On the beach, gone due to that. He doesn’t stick out for anything either that I can recall off the top of my head. Waiting to see what he does now that the beach and drinks distractions are gone lmao

thamrick: Not enough information. Once he caught up though, he did try to contribute thoughts, questions. Haven’t been around enough for me to recall much else, doesn’t have a thing against any specific player as of now?

thdfrance: Probably nonstyled, not enough information. Didn’t vote for him on day 1 since I thought he was like peter, busy but able to contribute later (Also, can’t form an opinion on someone who just isn’t there). However, night 1 and day 2 so far haven’t seen much of a difference at all. His benefit of the doubt has worn out, and the reluctance to not lynch him is no longer there lol

Tom Bombadil: Styled. He acts in an…”overly town” way? Like, just his general feel, which is a bit strange. Not sure if he’s just like that, or if it’s partially an act.

Vaporwave: Mostly nonstyled. Was a bit suspicious in the beginning, he did avoid “are you new” questions aimed at him. He also uses mafia slang like Vecna, Quas, to name a few, and didn’t provide much explanation--still doesn’t have much of those, but feel like he’s gotten a bit better recently.

Vecna: Styled. He did do reads, and contribute, but I can’t understand them without a good amount of thinking xD. Seems to be on the more quiet side at the moment, dunno why (like he’s lost interest as well?). I don't think he's updated his thoughts yet, now that Thamrick has participated more.

xorxes: Not enough information, probably nonstyled. Can’t remember much about him other than that one comment on my explanations being "adorably scummy" to the point of being believable, and him utterly crushing me in my very first 1v1 game hahaha, seems to be quiet. Did make reads, but not a lot of explanation.

Rereading this, most of the theories/explanations have been on the automatic assumption that everyone was town. Don’t have time to make with assuming scum, so oh well xD

If someone has only one or two sentences, it’s cuz I’m rushing for time :P

e.m.c^42

#2680 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Fucking hell, I'm so sorry.

Didn't realize it got that long