Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3101 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Scum weren't threatened by me since my power wasn't activated, and they wanted to keep me alive because I was always a possible mislynch.
Surely killing you *before* your power was activated would be optimal, to ensure you could not self-save?
Does it look to you like this scum team did anything optimal?

I would say that if the doctor is being widely scumread and is a possible wagon like I was, scum could decide to keep him around as a possible mislynch. Particularly when there were still enough of them to potentially help push the mislynch, and particularly when they knew the Universal Backup will have options.
Are you saying the scum team played poorly? If so, why do you think that?

bozotheclown

#3102 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:13 pm
Reds and oranges are more foxy colors, for the record.
What does this mean?

Jamiet99uk

#3103 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Are you colour blind, Bozo?

Foxcastle

#3104 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:19 pm
What Squigs didn't know was going to happen is irrelevant, the fact is the scum team revealed damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup by jailing you, whether you are scum or not. The question is why they would do that. The jailor power was used to either hide your fake claim if you are scum, or prevent a doc save if you are town. The scum could have prevented a doc save without exposing damo by simply NKing you. Therefore, it was completely unnecessary for them to expose damo if you are town.
What is my scum motivation, then, for announcing information that leads almost directly to my scummate Damo's death? As opposed to just saying "oh well, looks like they chose another target..." Because that makes no sense as scum from any perspective.

Jamiet99uk

#3105 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:13 pm
Reds and oranges are more foxy colors, for the record.
What does this mean?
It means that this colour, and this colour, are more like the colour of a fox, than this colour was.

bozotheclown

#3106 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

What does this mean?
It means that this colour, and this colour, are more like the colour of a fox, than this colour was.
I was just wondering what he was referring to, I see it now.

bozotheclown

#3107 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:19 pm
What Squigs didn't know was going to happen is irrelevant, the fact is the scum team revealed damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup by jailing you, whether you are scum or not. The question is why they would do that. The jailor power was used to either hide your fake claim if you are scum, or prevent a doc save if you are town. The scum could have prevented a doc save without exposing damo by simply NKing you. Therefore, it was completely unnecessary for them to expose damo if you are town.
What is my scum motivation, then, for announcing information that leads almost directly to my scummate Damo's death? As opposed to just saying "oh well, looks like they chose another target..." Because that makes no sense as scum from any perspective.
1. To implicate damo to make yourself look good, or if you got lynched first, damo looks good.
2. The jailing protected you from the SK, and as you pointed out, there could have been a watcher in play, so if you were watched, the watcher would see damo visit you, verifying your jail claim, making you look good.

Jamiet99uk

#3108 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Tonight I think I'll scan Damo.
Better make sure he really is the Jailor.

bozotheclown

#3109 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
This is all WIFOM.

Squigs didn't know it was going to end up being a 1-in-2 possibility when he did his +1 spree on Day 2. This supports my theory that the scum team wasn't particularly organized and that N3 was actually just an error. Squigs had the chance to talk the +1 spree through with his scummates, so they apparently didn't think it was going to expose Damo.

Scum weren't threatened by me since my power wasn't activated, and they wanted to keep me alive because I was always a possible mislynch.

N3 was more likely an error by the scumteam. I don't believe in Clever Master Plans™ by the scumteam. In my experience (with maybe one exception), going back and reading the scum chats after games, the scum team is more often disorganized and impulsive. Darg, Squigs, Damo, and Durga strike me as careful, cautious players rather than schemers.

More evidence that N3 was an error: CrimsonFox was one of the targets of Squigs' +1 spree. Rather than letting CF live in the suspect pool for that, town killed him one night later.

It makes no sense for the scum team to jail their own teammate on N3 when they could have used that power to try to catch PRs or the SK, or simply withheld it to preserve the element of surprise so town couldn't plan around it, and then for their teammate to turn around and give town information that clearly implicates either Damo or LordQuas as scum. (And Damo would have lost that match if LQ hadn't fucked himself with his SK fakeclaim.)
OK, there are three significant logical errors in this reply that make it unlikely you actually believe what you are saying.

1. You said what I suggested was unlikely because the scum were acting in a disorganized way and not according to any plan. However, we know Squigs activated damo's power before he was lynched, and we know he covered it by giving +1s to three others who are now confirmed town. We know damo used that power to get the jailor power. We know damo jailed you, then Jamie, risking being exposed. Everything about the scum plan has been exposed, except whether they jailed you as town to prevent you from using your doc saves, or they jailed you as scum to cover your fake claim. I do not think either option is more complex than the other, although covering your fake claim may be more "clever", and I think the scum team is clever.

2. You call killing CrimsonFox N3 instead of letting him "live in the suspect pool" a mistake, but CrimsonFox was confirmed town as the uncced Mason, so he already was no longer a suspect for the universal backup.

3. You said the scum team had better options for the jailing power than using it in a way that "give town information that clearly implicates either Damo or LordQuas as scum", yet we know for a fact that is what they did, whether you are town or scum. I think their options were significantly better if you were town, because they could have just NKed you and used the power elsewhere.

bozotheclown

#3110 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm
This is the scum team that +1'd Crimson Fox in order to make him look suspect, but then turned around and killed him almost immediately.
Again, Crimson Fox claimed Mason between these two events, removing himself as a scum suspect.

Jamiet99uk

#3111 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm
This is the scum team that +1'd Crimson Fox in order to make him look suspect, but then turned around and killed him almost immediately.
Again, Crimson Fox claimed Mason between these two events, removing himself as a scum suspect.
Good observation, Bozo.

On reflection, NK-ing CrimsonFox wasn't a bad move - because his flip gave town no new information.

Jamiet99uk

#3112 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Well it is probably almost time for me to die.

After Damo my suspicion falls on

Foxcastle

then Nephyths

then Bozozozo

in that order.

But don't rely on my judgement. Town, think hard, and make the decision you think best. Good luck Fellow Townsfolk.

brainbomb

#3113 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 pm

PLEASE HOLD PHASE ENDS

brainbomb

#3114 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:05 pm

(2019, White House)
(Waking up from inside a time travel pod)
(Enrico Dondalo removes his face makeup to reveal he is Trump)

Military Advisor: Sir everything you're doing is actually making America worse.

Trump: Yes, yes I understand it's not looking good okay, all of you shut up.
(silence in the room full of advisors and generals)

Now tell me how to get out of this mess.

Military Advisor: War

Trump: War yea, uhm okay with whom? Who is left to invade we took out most of those freaks in the past. War is great. But you should only use war, if you absolutely need to. Don't be stupid.

Science Advisor: Perhaps we go back in time one more time, and enter this Queen Elizabeth's brain as an Amoeba.

Economic Advisor: Well sir, Don, um we did steal all those wonders of the world. We put the great wall of china along the Mexican Border, we put Petra next to the kum and go down the block. Were looking fine, I say we stay the course and press on.

Mike Pence: Sir they're calling for you to resign. There's a mob outside of Islanders, British expats, Songhai warriors, Vikings, Polish People, the Cleveland Browns, Russell Crowe, and Suzanne Vega.

Donald Trump: What the hell does Suzanne Vega want?

Pachacuti: She just kept rambling, and saying doot doot doo doo doot doo doo doo

Cultural Advisor: I think we should invest in the public schools and go hard left. Maybe that will save you as a president. People love schools.

Trump: Shoot this man.

Military Advisor: (Shoots the Cultural Advisor)

Trump: We need a plan, how do we outsmart these yacks.

Pachacuti: What if we surrender and blame it on climate change?

Trump: How bout, you kill me, and carry on my legacy.

Pachacuti: They already know i'm Evil man. I mean i'm evil as shit.

Mike Pence: And the public has known im evil for a long time so I can't really help either

Rush Limbaugh: I don't even know why I am here.

Pachacuti: Neither do we actually

Trump: I got the plan. We kill the Queen Elizabeth of England, and then I pretend to be her. I wear her little dresses and get the new white spray on tan, that makes you look all pale as shit. And I get my hair nice and floofity like it is. We have the finest, I mean finest hair stylists in the world fresh from Venice. They have the traditional Italian style, with a hint of my tone.

Pachacuti: Well, okay but that's kinda silly, how would anyone buy that? You posing as her? How would we do that?

Trump: haven't you seen how I became president? The people will believe anything you tell them. Im very rich. I'm actually not, I had to pick up a second job as a line cook at Applebees.

Military Advisor
: How is that working out?

Trump: Not great, a lot of microwaved crap.

Cultural Advisor: I think we're screwed.

Trump: Shoot him again, seriously. How is he still talking. We don't need culture this is America, we have guns, and beaches. There is nothing else.

Messenger: Guess what fam! Guess what??

Trump: what?

Messenger: I brought you, the QUEEN OF ENGLAND!
(a person is brought in with a black bag over their head)

(it is removed)

Elton John: You are a disgusting pig Donald, shame on you coward.

Trump: This isn't the right one. Strap him to the Inca rocket out on the lawn and blast him into space. He always wanted to be the rocketman.

Elton John: You scumbag! You'll never get away with this!

Trump: Yea yea, shut it. What's our plan B?

Religious Advisor: We banned Plan B sir. You said it was murder.

Trump: Okay, well what's plan C?

Military Advisor: We have cyanide pills, and vitamin C tabs we stole off Cleopatra. These are egpytian vitamins from the Ancient Era sir.

Trump: Okay and what's the plan with that?

Military: We have you jump into the consciousness of an Amoeba, and cause a mankind ending virus that destroys everyone so you can be king germ man.

Trump: Shoot him

Military Advisor: I'm the guy who shoots people

Trump: Shoot yourself.

(military advisor kills himself)

Trump: Alright we need some new advisors. I want a hair advisor, a spray on tan advisor, and someone to tell me important things about how stuff runs, a shutdown advisor, who can tell me how long shutdowns take.

Economic Advisor: Well now that most of our enemies are dead, and we have the wall, and were broke, and your people are revolting, I can probably tell you that ending a shutdown now would just be silly. If you just keep doing nothing eventually the people will get happy because a cute puppy got big on the internet. Why on earth would you want a kingdom that does anything?

Trump: I like this man, promote him to being in charge. Make him my President.

Pachacuti: You're in charge sir, this is just some guy we found off the streets.

Trump: (presses the nuke button) Here is how a leader leads in crisis.

Pachacuti: What did you just do?

Trump: I just blew up Liverpool.

Pachacuti: But the Queen Elizabeth lady lives in London.

Trump: Ah, yes. Yes she does. Now do your duty Pachacuti. I'll finish this the old fashioned way.
(Hops back in the pod and goes back in time to the dawn of the Industrial Era….)

Jamiet99uk has died, he was Queen Elizabeth of England, the Town Role Cop

=======Day 6 has begun========
========INDUSTRIAL ERA========

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3116 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Anyone have anything new?

##Vote damo
##End

bozotheclown