Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3041 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:56 am

I've entered an "End" instruction too.

Nephthys

#3042 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 am
Thank you Brainbomb.

Ok so.if I scan Netnames I can still verify his commute claim, more or less, on account of the lack of result I'd get.
I don't commute anymore, that's why I claimed when I did, so that if you wanted to you could scan me and clear me...

Once again though, there is no motivation for me to have claimed as scum.

Please Jamie present a case if you want it otherwise can we discuss whether we kill damp/fox or bozo?

Jamiet99uk

#3043 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:52 am

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 am
Thank you Brainbomb.

Ok so.if I scan Netnames I can still verify his commute claim, more or less, on account of the lack of result I'd get.
I don't commute anymore, that's why I claimed when I did, so that if you wanted to you could scan me and clear me...

Once again though, there is no motivation for me to have claimed as scum.

Please Jamie present a case if you want it otherwise can we discuss whether we kill damp/fox or bozo?
Damo is confirmed scum so surely we'd kill him first, no?

bozotheclown

#3044 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 pm

On D3, after the first six votes, Foxcastle had 5 votes and I had 1. Foxcastle voters were dargorygel and 4 confirmed town. Worcej made a case on dargorygel and got his wagon going. Later the vote was 3 each for me, Foxcastle, and dargorygel, with dargorygel voting for Foxcastle, damo voting for me, and Durga not voting. dargorygel ended up getting lynched with no confirmed scum voting for him. Nephthys, Foxcastle, and I all ended on the dargorygel wagon, but Foxcastle did not vote for dargorygel until the last minute when dargorygel was already ahead by 1 vote. Not too much to conclude, but Foxcastle made no effort to get dargorygel lynched over himself, while Nephthys made a critical vote in getting dargorygel lynched.

Also D3, Nephthys pushed for a mass claim, but eventually backs off when more information is revealed about the scum and SK fake claim lists. Nephthys had the idea of trying to get the SK to confirm Foxcastle as the doctor. I do not think either of these ideas were good, but he would be drawing attention to himself unnecessarily by pushing these ideas as scum.

LordQuas questioned Foxcastle for his criticism of DemonRHK challenging Squigs:
LordQuas wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am
ngl I kinda want to kill foxcastle after his bit abt leaving the conf scum alive for a day, that's such bad form, especially when you don't know the role and it's "role madness"
Foxcastle defended his position:
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 pm

b/c lynching the sk means mafia prolly just straight up wins atm? you seem to be using 3p hunting as an excuse for why you have no wolf reads atm

and lynching the SK today would be pretty anti-town anyways I think
also you clearly prioritized the SK over mafia and haven't really made a single wolf read today

also your stance on leaving a wolf alive for a day or idling with the gladiate was ???
My stance was that DemonRHK wasted that gladiator challenge cutting off at least 2 ways that it could have been used to generate discussion and information. 1) The actual debate on how to use it. Much like a gun, asking people who to apply the power to produces useful information. 2) In an alternate challenge that would have provided MORE FUCKING INFORMATION than a 12-1 vote on squigs. Demon would have won against me or Bozo, but at least people would have debated the merits.

So yeah, I would have been okay leaving Squigs alive for a day for an alternate challenge. But that's not the point. The point is that DemonRHK played the gladiator challenge in a way that generated no meaningful, town-useful information.
Again, the thing I find suspicious about Foxcastle’s argument is that as town, he would be saying that a mislynch of himself would be better than lynching scum in order to gain information. Also, LordQuas made a good point that leaving a confirmed scum around a day longer than necessary would be risky since his role was unknown. I had not considered this previously, but Squigs was the power thief, and D3 was the day he was able to take someone’s power.

bozotheclown

#3045 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:01 pm

On D4, Foxcastle started by announcing he was jailed:
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:09 pm
I'm assuming we can post.

I was jailed.

And now I'm late for dinner and will deal when I'm back.
Later Foxcastle presented some ideas, including giving what it probably one of the reasons the scum did not kill Jamie, concern that a watcher could be in play and would have watched Jamie. Foxcastle also chose to vote for damo for being the universal backup. This is the first time all game that Foxcastle mentioned damo.
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 am
I have only skimmed since EOD now that I'm back, and am about to be done for the day, but I do not understand why scum would jail me and then *not* kill Jamiet. The only thing I can think is that they are worried about Germany (the watcher) being in play, but they then run a significant risk of Jamiet getting a scan off. And that doesn't explain why they would risk implicating Damo or LordQuas as Universal Backup (possibly, though, they thought there was a chance I was lying about saving Jamiet and would try to save Crimson since he was townclear).

The Universal Backup means it's between Damo and Quas, and of those, I ##VOTE DAMO

Also, I still think DemonRHK is scum.

If the watcher saw anything (or should have seen something and didn't), now would be a good time to let us know...
Also on D4, Foxcastle made a mistake answering Jamie, in what looks like a fabricated answer, as he mixed up details from D3 EOD and N3 EON:
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Actually Foxcastle I'm interested as to why you were watching the thread so intently, so much so that when I posted, with no more than 70 seconds to go before the deadline, you were still able to see my post, locate your name in my reads list, see what I'd written, and post a response... all in a window of a minute or so.

It's almost like you were poised over your keyboard, hitting F5 every three seconds, waiting for my post.
It's almost as if I was watching the thread like a hawk because I was within two votes of being lynched with DemonRHK screaming for anyone at all to help kill me, and still had the option to put my vote on Darg. :eyeroll: But I do admit to vanity for taking time to answer you. It's why my vote was so last-second, you almost distracted me into missing the deadline.
I think Foxcastle was bussing damo, while the scum team hoped LordQuas would be the lynch, with Durga waiting to vote. The scum got lucky when LordQuas started arguing for a no lynch. When almost everyone was voting no-lynch and damo was safe from the lynch, Durga convinced Jamie and I to lynch LordQuas as the possible SK by pointed out, correctly I believe, that no-lynch only benefitted the SK.

Foxcastle

#3046 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 pm

I will refute Bozo's accusations later. But we're lynching Damo as confirmed scum, and then have to go through another NK, so why is Bozo already making his case on me? Is it because he knows he's going to keep me alive?

Jamiet, unfortunately, I don't think we have a way to save you, and I don't think the scum team will let you live to get a scan off that potentially outs the last mafia before LyLo. Can we get your thoughts and reads?

I think it's Bozo. Neph is a very distant second.

Jamiet99uk

#3047 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 pm
I will refute Bozo's accusations later. But we're lynching Damo as confirmed scum, and then have to go through another NK, so why is Bozo already making his case on me? Is it because he knows he's going to keep me alive?

Jamiet, unfortunately, I don't think we have a way to save you, and I don't think the scum team will let you live to get a scan off that potentially outs the last mafia before LyLo. Can we get your thoughts and reads?

You are allowed to save me again.

Are you?

Foxcastle

#3048 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 pm

You are allowed to save me again.

Are you?
Yes, but I am anticipating being jailed. I don't see any other option for the scumteam at this point.

Foxcastle

#3049 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Also, as a heads up: I will be on a personal trip this weekend that won't leave me as much internet time on Friday or Saturday, and possibly Sunday, too. I will be able to participate and use the bot to reread, it just may be somewhat intermittent and packed into specific chunks of time, and on mobile other times.

Jamiet99uk

#3050 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Ok Foxworth. Here are my thoughts and reads:

Jamiet99uk: 100% townclear. Likely to be killed.

Damo666: 100% scum. Outed. Tomorrow's lynch.

The two of us, me and Damo, are the only people whose alignment is known for certain. Anyone who says or behaves otherwise is suspect.

The other players in order of likelihood to be the remaining scum

1. Foxcastle. My most likely scum candidate at this point. Appeared to scumslip on N2 when he said my EoN reads list almost stopped him casting a vote. Doctor claim is probably real, but all his doctor interactions could be coordinated by scum. Sorry Fox, no offence.

2. Netphys. Second most likely scum in my opinion. Hard to read. Behaved as though he was townclear when he is not. Commuter claim is probably accurate, why not, but scum would be delighted to have a Commuter to try to dodge the SK's kills, so it's NAI at best.

3. Bozotheclown. Was scumread early on, but the more time passes I'm less sure he was saved D1, and he has seemed investigating and hunting. If scum, has played very well.

4. DemonRHK. Not clear either. Gladiatoring could have been scum vs scum. If time allows I might re-read, but I have no strong suspicions atm.

Jamiet99uk

#3051 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:55 pm

@Nephtys:

When you argued for a mass claim, which role did you plan to claim yourself?

Foxcastle

#3052 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:42 pm
1. Foxcastle. My most likely scum candidate at this point. Appeared to scumslip on N2 when he said my EoN reads list almost stopped him casting a vote. Doctor claim is probably real, but all his doctor interactions could be coordinated by scum. Sorry Fox, no offence.
I've already replied to this, but will continue to defend myself.

As I said, I made a mistake about what I thought you were talking about because I was replying off the cuff. I remembered that I was replying to someone's posts at the last minute EOD 3 that almost distracted me from getting my vote for Darg in. Your question made me misremember that, and that's why I misplaced your EON post as EOD. If I was scum, I would have made sure to go back and review what you were talking about in order to make sure I didn't make a mistake and end up getting scum read for it.

Also, I think you're relying way too much on the conception of the scum's NK decision as a vote. How often have you ever seen SK actually have to vote? In my experience, it mostly happens shortly after the lynch and is a consensus decision proposed by the person who carries it out. Even it it does happen closer to EON, I don't think I've ever seen a situation where it was actually a vote, and except for the rules document, I don't even think most people even think of it as a vote.

And finally, even if the NK were conceptualized as a "vote", I think you're wrong that any scum player would ever get confused enough to refer to it as one of their mechanics in a reply to town. I just don't think that's a slip that happens, any more than scum would slip and refer to "my roleblock" or whatever.

Foxcastle

#3053 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Also, Jamiet, isn't DemonRHK clear?

We know that one of the two remaining scum is America, that's guaranteed. We know Damo is Universal Backup. We know Demon is Rome/Gladiator. So he can't be America...

Am I missing something?

Jamiet99uk

#3054 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:05 pm
Also, Jamiet, isn't DemonRHK clear?

We know that one of the two remaining scum is America, that's guaranteed. We know Damo is Universal Backup. We know Demon is Rome/Gladiator. So he can't be America...

Am I missing something?
Oh shit, that's absolutely right.

Apologies to DemonRHK. He is clear.

Jamiet99uk

#3055 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:12 pm

REVISED:

DemonRHK: 100% townclear also. The Gladiator and therefore not America.

These three, are the only people whose alignment is known for certain. Anyone who says or behaves otherwise is suspect.

2. Netphys. Second most likely scum in my opinion. Hard to read. Behaved as though he was townclear when he is not. Commuter claim is probably accurate, why not, but scum would be delighted to have a Commuter to try to dodge the SK's kills, so it's NAI at best.

3. Bozotheclown. Was scumread early on, but the more time passes I'm less sure he was saved D1, and he has seemed investigating and hunting. If scum, has played very well.

Jamiet99uk

#3056 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:39 pm

@Bozo

Did you breadcrumb your role?

@Nephysto

Did you?

Nephthys

#3057 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:55 pm
@Nephtys:

When you argued for a mass claim, which role did you plan to claim yourself?
I was going to place myself 3rd to last, before damo and whoever I thought was the sk (I think at the time it may have been you)

I would pick one of the roles that was possible to have given the game (ie not 2x vote) and hope it was on the scum list. So to answer, I did not have a set civ.

The idea being that scum would either cc (stupid) or consider me the sk, I was then relying on being able to pick up on the change in behaviour of the scum. I was also hoping that sk would pick a role that was mechanically conf not in the game (2x vote) or Polynesia and then once I'd (hopefully) pulled a nk, I would claim and put hopefully sk and at least one scum

Nephthys

#3058 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:39 pm
@Bozo

Did you breadcrumb your role?

@Nephysto

Did you?
Not overtly, I personally thought it was best to keep scum guessing a little. That being said, If you read my initial +1 post, it's from the perspective that only GF can be scum of the roles and I hammered d2 as soon as I got the karma (this ending the day)

Nephthys

#3059 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:12 pm
REVISED:

DemonRHK: 100% townclear also. The Gladiator and therefore not America.

These three, are the only people whose alignment is known for certain. Anyone who says or behaves otherwise is suspect.

Once again, provide a case with some sort of evidence please.

Nephthys

#3060 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Will ISO fox and bozo later and see what I can find.

If you're lucky I may even break up the wall.