Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
LordQuas
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 73

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2221 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:09 am
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:29 am
Hmm actually if foxc is exactly Mafia Doctor that might be a reason to kill darg over him, but then I don't know why he would claim jailed that'd be straight wack
I don't know if a mafia doctor is preferable to the ninja, but if the scum knew the universal backup is not an active role, Foxcastle could claim to be jailed for no other reason than to set up you and damo. Or, maybe he was really jailed, but by a mafia jailor, in case Jamie scanned him. By leaving Jamie alive, Jamie could have confirmed Foxcastle was jailed.
jamie is a role cop, he can't confirm that :^

but this is getting too WIFOMy I want to lynch scummy people

basically I want to see a damo vs foxc thunderdome but neither of them POST

Nephthys
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 36

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2222 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:12 am

##Call GM, if a scum backup selected Ezio, would they become tree stump or godfather?

LordQuas
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 73

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2223 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 am

prolly signing off for the night, ciao

Nephthys
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 36

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2224 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:42 am

Update on damo
- He has not yet posted a full reads list
- Often asks one off questions on other people's statements yet doesn't push them
- He doesn't stick to the re-reads he promises
- He also somewhat seems to know what's going on but doesn't seem engaged.

I strongly scumlean him right now. Honestly though, if he is town, with such low pro-town content, is he actually a loss?

brainbomb
Posts: 6929
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Winterfell
Karma: 839

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2225 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:12 am
##Call GM, if a scum backup selected Ezio, would they become tree stump or godfather?
That is determined by the individuals alignment.
1

brainbomb
Posts: 6929
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Winterfell
Karma: 839

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2226 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 am

Vote Tally 4.1

damo666 (3) Nephthys Jamiet99uk Foxcastle
LordQuas (1) worcej
End-votes (0/5):

Non-votes
bozotheclown, damo666, DemonRHK, LordQuas, Durga

damo666 is scheduled to die
38 hours left

damo666
Posts: 2292
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Karma: 117

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2227 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:48 am

This is indeed mighty confusing.

Jamie - I assume you scanned Flash. Is this right?

Like LQ I'm at a bit of a loss as to why Jamie wasn't killed. Fox saved him and lied about being jailed. Can't see why he'd do that. Dismiss.

Scum were fearful of Jamie being watched. Possible but tad far fetched? Opinions invited.

Scum misplayed. Possible. (Especially if demonRHK scum lol).

Scum trying to muddy waters. Most likely imo.

Jamie not actually England. Unlikely due to lack of cc BUT if you were England would you cc and be exposed. I wouldn't .

I did NOT jail FOX.

I have a hunch Worcej is SK (basically OMGUS).

My lynchpool is Fox/LQ/Jamie/Worcej. I think demon is scum but lower down the lynch table.

Gonna ponder some more and consider what scumteams work and post later.

Meanwhile ##vote LordQ

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 848
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2228 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:02 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:48 am
This is indeed mighty confusing.

Jamie - I assume you scanned Flash. Is this right?

<snip>

Jamie not actually England. Unlikely due to lack of cc BUT if you were England would you cc and be exposed. I wouldn't .
Yes, I stated that I was scanning Flash and that is what I did. I got a message from the GM telling me he was Vanilla - but of course we all know that since he was killed.

My claim is genuine.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 848
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2229 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:07 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:09 am
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:29 am
Hmm actually if foxc is exactly Mafia Doctor that might be a reason to kill darg over him, but then I don't know why he would claim jailed that'd be straight wack
I don't know if a mafia doctor is preferable to the ninja, but if the scum knew the universal backup is not an active role, Foxcastle could claim to be jailed for no other reason than to set up you and damo. Or, maybe he was really jailed, but by a mafia jailor, in case Jamie scanned him. By leaving Jamie alive, Jamie could have confirmed Foxcastle was jailed.
jamie is a role cop, he can't confirm that :^

but this is getting too WIFOMy I want to lynch scummy people

basically I want to see a damo vs foxc thunderdome but neither of them POST
In fact, Lord Quas, Bozo is probably correct here.

Look at the role description of the Jailor, for how the jail action works:

"During day phase PM both GMs. you may choose someone to lock away. They will learn they have been Jailed. All actions attempted on them fail. All actions they attempt to perform will fail. Jailing will occur before Commuter on order of operations. "


Thus, if I targeted Foxcastle, and Foxcastle was in jail, my action would fail. If my action failed like that, the most likely explanation would, indeed, have been that Foxcastle was jailed.

worcej
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 190

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2230 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:39 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:42 am
oh wait you're the guy who has his crackhead theory abt me being a wolf cause he """knows""" damo is an SK for a mysterious unexplained reason

nah nvm I now understand why you would waste that much time writing up that entire post instead of trying to solve lol
I said I "believe" he is the SK. I have no idea of knowing anything until a flip. There isn't any 'mysterious unexplained reason' - I am just not going to keep trying to feed my reasons over and over to you when I've said them already.

I think the SK is critical to us winning still, so why would I want to lynch my #1 SK read at this point?

worcej
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 190

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2231 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Also, I "believe" Fox, arriving me to my point of it's between damo and yourself.

@Lord - So if you want to really get me to change my vote:
  1. Why would Foxcastle, as scum or SK, would lie right now?
  2. So you don't think Damo is SK - yet I see no vote on Fox or Damo right now from you. What do you think is going on then?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 848
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2232 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm
Foxcastle - 60% scum. If he is the Town Doctor then I apologise for the scumread. I am certainly inclined to belive his Doctor claim, but as we know, that's NAI. He jumped onto Dargorygel at the last second at EoD3 when Darg was already the lead wagon, which could be scum looking for cred. Foxcastle posted 30 times during D3. You know how many times Foxcastle mentioned Dargorygel in those posts? Once, and that was in the same post in which he voted for me. At no point in either D2, N2, or D3 did Fox mention Darg as a scumread, yet he jumped on Darg's wagon right at the end. That looks extremely opportunistic. Prove me wrong, Fox, and heal me tonight. I will be grateful. Saving me is certainly a pro-town move.
I never claimed I did it for cred or even because I scumread Darg. I did it to save myself.
I realise I didn't reply to this.

Of course you would not claim "oh I did this for towncred!". That's not something anyone sensibly claims...

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 848
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2233 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:59 pm

I'm still puzzled about EoN.

Can anyone explain why jailing Foxcastle but also keeping me alive would be good scum play?

damo666
Posts: 2292
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Karma: 117

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2234 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:09 pm

I don't think Jamie would write that wall of crumbs as fake and given lack of cc he should be taken as townclear.

Fox says he was jailed and only I or LordQ could have done that being the only people with the required karma count.

Both LordQ and I deny jailing so one of the three of us is lying. I know it's not me so it's one of them but I'm clueless. You pays your money and takes your choice I guess.

Demon's unnecessary Gladiator challenge and late day 3 dargsave voting pattern make me convinced he is scum. Trouble is I can't make him fit with LordQ or Fox.

Anyway won't be around end of day (poker) so good luck with your voting. I guess it's me v LQ v Fox. I would advise you to choose from the latter pair because....

Eu sou de Lisboa

Obrigado

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2235 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm
Foxcastle - 60% scum. If he is the Town Doctor then I apologise for the scumread. I am certainly inclined to belive his Doctor claim, but as we know, that's NAI. He jumped onto Dargorygel at the last second at EoD3 when Darg was already the lead wagon, which could be scum looking for cred. Foxcastle posted 30 times during D3. You know how many times Foxcastle mentioned Dargorygel in those posts? Once, and that was in the same post in which he voted for me. At no point in either D2, N2, or D3 did Fox mention Darg as a scumread, yet he jumped on Darg's wagon right at the end. That looks extremely opportunistic. Prove me wrong, Fox, and heal me tonight. I will be grateful. Saving me is certainly a pro-town move.
I never claimed I did it for cred or even because I scumread Darg. I did it to save myself.
I realise I didn't reply to this.

Of course you would not claim "oh I did this for towncred!". That's not something anyone sensibly claims...
What else do you call it when people point out that they voted for a scum wagon, even if their vote never mattered? It happens pretty frequently.

Anyway, my point is: of course it was opportunistic, but the opportunity wasn't to look good for voting for scum, it was to make sure I didn't get lynched, given how hard DemonRHK was trying to save Darg by hanging me instead. (Also, I prevented a possible tie, but I admit that wasn't really what was going through my head at the moment.)

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 848
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2236 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Actually Foxcastle I'm interested as to why you were watching the thread so intently, so much so that when I posted, with no more than 70 seconds to go before the deadline, you were still able to see my post, locate your name in my reads list, see what I'd written, and post a response... all in a window of a minute or so.

It's almost like you were poised over your keyboard, hitting F5 every three seconds, waiting for my post.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2237 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Actually Foxcastle I'm interested as to why you were watching the thread so intently, so much so that when I posted, with no more than 70 seconds to go before the deadline, you were still able to see my post, locate your name in my reads list, see what I'd written, and post a response... all in a window of a minute or so.

It's almost like you were poised over your keyboard, hitting F5 every three seconds, waiting for my post.
It's almost as if I was watching the thread like a hawk because I was within two votes of being lynched with DemonRHK screaming for anyone at all to help kill me, and still had the option to put my vote on Darg. :eyeroll: But I do admit to vanity for taking time to answer you. It's why my vote was so last-second, you almost distracted me into missing the deadline.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 848
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2238 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Actually Foxcastle I'm interested as to why you were watching the thread so intently, so much so that when I posted, with no more than 70 seconds to go before the deadline, you were still able to see my post, locate your name in my reads list, see what I'd written, and post a response... all in a window of a minute or so.

It's almost like you were poised over your keyboard, hitting F5 every three seconds, waiting for my post.
It's almost as if I was watching the thread like a hawk because I was within two votes of being lynched with DemonRHK screaming for anyone at all to help kill me, and still had the option to put my vote on Darg. :eyeroll: But I do admit to vanity for taking time to answer you. It's why my vote was so last-second, you almost distracted me into missing the deadline.
No no, I mean how you were watching the thread like a hawk at EoN, not EoD...

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 848
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2239 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:31 pm

See, you're presenting a false narrative there, Fox.

You're recounting it as if my reads list and your reply to it was posted at EoD. You claim that my reads list almost got in the way of you casting your vote. But my reads list, and your response, happened at night.

Now, remind me, who votes at night?

Foxcastle
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 339

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2240 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Actually Foxcastle I'm interested as to why you were watching the thread so intently, so much so that when I posted, with no more than 70 seconds to go before the deadline, you were still able to see my post, locate your name in my reads list, see what I'd written, and post a response... all in a window of a minute or so.

It's almost like you were poised over your keyboard, hitting F5 every three seconds, waiting for my post.
It's almost as if I was watching the thread like a hawk because I was within two votes of being lynched with DemonRHK screaming for anyone at all to help kill me, and still had the option to put my vote on Darg. :eyeroll: But I do admit to vanity for taking time to answer you. It's why my vote was so last-second, you almost distracted me into missing the deadline.
No no, I mean how you were watching the thread like a hawk at EoN, not EoD...
I this really a question? Are you seriously asking me why I was watching the thread in a game where there are frequently last second reveals, including information that could potentially affect how I should deploy my save?
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests