Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2121 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 pm
I'm not sure why you said that because if you know and don't out the SK they'll kill you tonight?????????
I believe he is saving it for EON honestly. Best time to say it is then to avoid fuckery.

LordQuas

#2122 Post by LordQuas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm
As for right now,

I know who the SK is but seeing as it doesn't matter just yet I wont reveal.
I don't have too many ideas that wont be strengthened by EON, as such I think its probably easiest just to wait and see what happens here.
The issue is we are getting to the point where many of the people left have either subbed so many times or just havent contributed much.
odds that he's just dead wrong? lmao

worcej

#2123 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 pm
Durga wrote:
I'm not sure why you said that because if you know and don't out the SK they'll kill you tonight?????????
Honestly, I somewhat forgot about this, I am in a meeting so can't type out my case but will present when it finishes (set to be 5 to) hopefully I make it to EON
Crossed this, but yeah - there is no immediate kill action that I can see in this era, so long as you say it before EON then you’re fine.

LordQuas

#2124 Post by LordQuas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 pm
Durga wrote:
I believe he is saving it for EON honestly. Best time to say it is then to avoid fuckery.
honestly he's better off saying it now as he's already said he thinks he knows who the SK is, not revealing his guess just makes the SK more likely to target him

Foxcastle

#2125 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Back from my snowy adventure... I am still saving Jamiet.

Durga

#2126 Post by Durga » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 pm

also it doesn't seem like he actually knows who the SK is

brainbomb

#2127 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:39 pm

22 min remain. If you have not yet submitted actions please do. Tom is sick so I will process phase while at work via mobile

LordQuas

#2128 Post by LordQuas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:39 pm
22 min remain. If you have not yet submitted actions please do. Tom is sick so I will process phase while at work via mobile
I shoot ghug

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2130 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 pm

So I still believe scum flash missed EoD and got drag killed. Foxy looks better in tetrospect, but could be scum if he’s a key role (civ cop perhaps)

I think Squigs read list still holds more info, and there is a scumbo in his karma soree.

Nephthys

#2131 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Ok, I don't actually have the SK confirmed. Yet.

Was hoping for a decent reaction

I don't actually want to die.

bozotheclown

#2132 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:45 pm

With Jamie’s claim, I have a low confidence in my scum reads. I think I misinterpreted what LordQuas was saying, so I no longer find him as suspicious. I think we need to look at everyone closely. I still think Foxcastle and flash are scum suspects.

I think Nephthys should be looked at closely for advocating a mass claim. Also, he seemed to have more information about the scum fake claim list than was available to town.

In this post, Nephthys asks if each scum had a fake claim for a total of five. This was not answered, and it appears to be the origin of the idea there were 5 fake roles for the scum to claim.
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 pm

##Call GM, so this means that also scum know EXACTLY what roles are in play as town then???
no because there are plenty of overflow roles as well.
##Call GM to clarify, scum were given a fake claim each (totalling 5) fake roles. This means that there are 7 roles to which neither scum nor town knows about and if so, were the fake claim roles chosen or picked at random?
Then in this post, Nephthys seems to refer to the 7 unconfirmed role that he derived from 5 fake claims as if they are fact.
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 am
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:56 pm
I would like to mass claim but I would like to run it as I have an idea that will either conf scum or conf SK but I am unable to state for obviously that would undermine the entire thing
I do not know if we should claim right now given the new information that the scum know roles to claim that are not assigned to town.
I am asking for some faith, that is all. Also we till are able to rule out 7 roles that are conf not in the game. That means a minimum of 3 PR.

I will admit there is a slight chance this doesn't work but I think the possible gain is too high to neglect

Nephthys

#2133 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:45 pm
With Jamie’s claim, I have a low confidence in my scum reads. I think I misinterpreted what LordQuas was saying, so I no longer find him as suspicious. I think we need to look at everyone closely. I still think Foxcastle and flash are scum suspects.

I think Nephthys should be looked at closely for advocating a mass claim. Also, he seemed to have more information about the scum fake claim list than was available to town.

In this post, Nephthys asks if each scum had a fake claim for a total of five. This was not answered, and it appears to be the origin of the idea there were 5 fake roles for the scum to claim.
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 pm

no because there are plenty of overflow roles as well.
##Call GM to clarify, scum were given a fake claim each (totalling 5) fake roles. This means that there are 7 roles to which neither scum nor town knows about and if so, were the fake claim roles chosen or picked at random?
Then in this post, Nephthys seems to refer to the 7 unconfirmed role that he derived from 5 fake claims as if they are fact.
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 am

I do not know if we should claim right now given the new information that the scum know roles to claim that are not assigned to town.
I am asking for some faith, that is all. Also we till are able to rule out 7 roles that are conf not in the game. That means a minimum of 3 PR.

I will admit there is a slight chance this doesn't work but I think the possible gain is too high to neglect
In absence of a GM response I assumed I was correct, irrespective, I realized that they could easily just say who their fake claim was in chat so I answered my own question

Jamiet99uk

#2134 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm

JAMIET99UK's (FINAL?) READS LIST

bozotheclown - 55% town. Was a top scumread for many people on D1 and right up to early D3, but seems more towny as the game has progressed. I would have liked to see him as a wagon through a longer part of D3 but I was on my own in that regard. Don't regard him as clear yet, but his play seems positive.

CrimsonFox - 100% town. He must be Mason. There is no sensible reason the other Mason would not have CC'ed him by now if his claim is fake. Therefore his claim must surely be genuine.

damo666 - 80% scum. Either Mafia or SK. He only looks more and more scummy as the game progresses. Appears terrified of the SK which means he's either the SK himself, or scum. Tonight when I asked, quite clearly, for a discussion on whether or not I should claim, Damo instead threw all his efforts into outing my role before any such discussion could take place. That is not town play.

DemonRHK - 50% null. Sorry for being null on someone who has posted so much, but... The Gladiator thing is NAI, and a huge amount of his posting during D3 was an argument with LordQuas about terminology, which is just a whole load of noise that doesn't help the game at all. However, offering himself up as a D4 wagon vs flash is interesting.

Foxcastle - 60% scum. If he is the Town Doctor then I apologise for the scumread. I am certainly inclined to belive his Doctor claim, but as we know, that's NAI. He jumped onto Dargorygel at the last second at EoD3 when Darg was already the lead wagon, which could be scum looking for cred. Foxcastle posted 30 times during D3. You know how many times Foxcastle mentioned Dargorygel in those posts? Once, and that was in the same post in which he voted for me. At no point in either D2, N2, or D3 did Fox mention Darg as a scumread, yet he jumped on Darg's wagon right at the end. That looks extremely opportunistic. Prove me wrong, Fox, and heal me tonight. I will be grateful. Saving me is certainly a pro-town move.

Jamiet99uk - 100% town. I should be all but confirmed in the eyes of any sensible player. My breadcrumbs support my claim and I have not been CC'ed.

LordQuas - 70% town. Playing well, investigating, questioning, hunting. If he's scum he's doing a damn good job of covering it. Nothing he's done strikes me as contrived or fake. (I hope you become a webDip Mafia regular, LordQuas).

flash2015 - 55% scum. Has done very little since subbing in, and I was scumreading ND before that. His few posts with actual content have been very hedgy. Not my strongest scumread, but doesn't seem towny. This is the person I have selected to investigate tonight.

Nephthys - 60% town. I feel like his play is investigative and trying to help town root out scum. I don't always agree with his theories but he feels town to me.

Durga - 65% scum. This slot has been subbed twice and other than RagingIke shooting a townie (after asking for Town's opinion, and then totally ignoring the opinions put forward), has done nothing. Durga voted LordQuas at EoD3 without explanation, and when asked for an explanation, gave a very poor one. Her reaction to Dargorygel flipping scum was "oh shit!"

worcej - 60% town. Created and pushed the Dargorygel wagon. Could that be bussing? Well, it could, but if it is, it's the second greatest display of bussing I've ever seen. More likely he's town who caught a scum. However, there's an outside chance he could be the Serial Killer. Just a thought.

If I die and these players are still alive, I would propose the following lynch order:

LYNCH FIRST
1. Damo666
2. Durga
3. Foxcastle
4. Flash
5. Bozotheclown
6. DemonRHK
7. Worcej
8. Netphys
9. LordQuas
10. Crimson Fox
DON'T LYNCH

Foxcastle

#2135 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm
Foxcastle - 60% scum. If he is the Town Doctor then I apologise for the scumread. I am certainly inclined to belive his Doctor claim, but as we know, that's NAI. He jumped onto Dargorygel at the last second at EoD3 when Darg was already the lead wagon, which could be scum looking for cred. Foxcastle posted 30 times during D3. You know how many times Foxcastle mentioned Dargorygel in those posts? Once, and that was in the same post in which he voted for me. At no point in either D2, N2, or D3 did Fox mention Darg as a scumread, yet he jumped on Darg's wagon right at the end. That looks extremely opportunistic. Prove me wrong, Fox, and heal me tonight. I will be grateful. Saving me is certainly a pro-town move.
I never claimed I did it for cred or even because I scumread Darg. I did it to save myself.

brainbomb

#2136 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:00 pm

PLEASE HOLD PHASE HAS ENDED

brainbomb

#2137 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:05 pm

(Newfoundland, Viking Settlement, Winter 1407)

Harald Hardrada: I would call you all the attention of this here bloody carcass (He points at a skinned elk). Gentleman our raids have given us strength. We are indeed strong men.

Hunter: Yes. That was a big hunt.

Fur Trader: Yea, thats a big pelt. (spits)

Harald Haradrada: Its a big pelt isnt it boy. I got some more PELTS to show you boys.

Here is all my wolf pelts I have this game!

(Reveals he has 2 wolves pelts)

(Removing his tunic nearby)

Russel Crowe: I am Robin Hood. And you arent the only one with pelts. (Throws Montezumas head at his feet)

Harald: You killed Montezuma. We all helped. You don't get all the credit. We were there. All of us.

Enya: The Celts helped. You forgot the Celts.

Harald: What did the Celts do?

Enya: Who can say what the Celts did
to help catch wolves

only time…

Harald: Thats not helpful.

Gandhi: Peace is the best option. We should maintain peace.

Enya: And who can say if Ghandi
will be friendly
only

time

Gandhi: Puh leaze girl. I am purely good.

Enya: Why are you sci rushing Atomic Theory then?

Gandhi: Self defense!

Russel: I dont give a rats fuck. Im here to fight. The glory of Rome is at stake! who wants to die. Im hard nosed and ready to kill.

Harald: Robin was from England.

Russel: Yes. You are grasping at straws!

Harald: Very well. Vikings, bring me the strawman!!

(A strawman is brought out)

Russel: I purport that is a strawman.

Harald: No. You are relying on ad hominem attacks!

Russel: You are relying on ads to boost your fur trading.

Harald: What, no. Thats… silly. Ads? what are Ads?

Russel: Craigs list, Twitter. You are advertising look. (Holds out an Ipad showing a title “ Haralds bomb ass furs from the Exploration Era)

Harald: Okay look, I just figured if we're gonna project back in time we should um… Make money too doing it.

Russel: This is your death Harald of the Vikings.

Messenger: Are you tired of being Tired all the time?

Harald: (pulls sword) Not now! Run away boy!

Messenger: Is your Back pain getting out of control? Click here for a free trial of Exploration Era Medicine.

Russel: (Shoots the messenger with a Plasma Rifle) The future is back in the past now coward.

Another Messenger: (Rides in on a Polar Bear)
Youll never believe what Ive learned!

Harald: What? if we have to click something I swear to god.

Another Messenger: No. This letter comes from Enrico Dondalo of venice. He says Arabia dead. lots of bad guys. real real bad.

And he says trade deal with China big fail. Real big fail. Worst fail ever. China is destroyed.

Harald: Why does Enrico sound like an idiot?

Russel Crowe: (Shoots the messenger) Who cares. You need better vikings.

Harald: Arabia… real real bad… China… that means…

Flash2015 has died he was Harun Al Rashad of Arabia, A vanilla town.

Crimsonfox has died he was Qin She Huang of China. A town mason

Foxcastle

#2138 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Assuming we can post?

Foxcastle

#2139 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:09 pm

I'm assuming we can post.

I was jailed.

And now I'm late for dinner and will deal when I'm back.

worcej

#2140 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:09 pm
I'm assuming we can post.

I was jailed.

And now I'm late for dinner and will deal when I'm back.
How were you jailed?