Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#621 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:11 pm
##VOTE no lynch
What?
Why?
You got no reads?

bozotheclown

#622 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 pm

The 5 voting for me may be well intended but nevertheless misguided town, although I am still not sure about Vecna. However, that leaves everyone else voting for small wagons. Town needs to consolidate and not let the scum hide in single vote wagons.

Jamiet99uk

#623 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 pm
The 5 voting for me may be well intended but nevertheless misguided town, although I am still not sure about Vecna. However, that leaves everyone else voting for small wagons. Town needs to consolidate and not let the scum hide in single vote wagons.
Yet you are the only "No lynch" voter.

Way to consolidate!

Nephthys

#624 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:22 pm
K, I'm done trolling Jamie. I really don't see anything scum indicative in Ezio's blatant reaction test, though, and Jamie tends to focus his wrath more on shit that offends him than shit that's scummy when he's scum, so my vote's staying.

Nephthys, how was Crimson "begging" for +1s, and why are you not criticizing me for begging for them myself?
Got it,

Crimson
Pg4 - posts 5 times, apart from "Hi Quas" the other four seem to me like he's trying to force jokes etc to get the +1's
Pg 5 - lots of smaller posts that add nothing to the conversation except indicating that posts are too long etc. I would have expected maybe one post to indicate that he wasn't going to read through the long posts etc and would come back to it. It just seem off to me.

Note that I called him out for the begging on this page
Pg6 - Seems like he's trying to make it seem as though its his playstyle, with a lack of meta there isn't too much to read into.

I will be the first to admit that I saw pg4 and then may have tunneled. My scumread of him was based MAINLY around the treatment of him from Jamie but the initial posts made me think that as scum he would be more driven to ensure his condition is fulfilled.
Can you clarify this Nepthys? Are you saying you were scumreading CFox because of what Jamiet said?
Jamie had a read list where he specfically pointed out cFox as new but not LQ. I thought this may have been setting up cFox to have some leeway later in the game and also give himself scope to change his reads quickly.

This again was based when Jamie was one of my top scumreads.

Jamiet99uk

#625 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

I mean seriously Bozo you start a new single vote option and then cry "we need to consolidate!"

Wtf

xorxes

#626 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm

If you shoot a town you are going to end up getting scum read for it. I would not shoot or shoot Vecna.
That's so scummy. You're giving him an easy out if he is scum (which he probably isn't or would not have claimed, but maybe he did for towncred), or proposing to waste a town directed kill if he is town.

bozotheclown

#627 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Yet you are the only "No lynch" voter.

Way to consolidate!
Don't worry, I will consolidate my vote.

Nephthys

#628 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Got it,

Crimson
Pg4 - posts 5 times, apart from "Hi Quas" the other four seem to me like he's trying to force jokes etc to get the +1's
Pg 5 - lots of smaller posts that add nothing to the conversation except indicating that posts are too long etc. I would have expected maybe one post to indicate that he wasn't going to read through the long posts etc and would come back to it. It just seem off to me.

Note that I called him out for the begging on this page
Pg6 - Seems like he's trying to make it seem as though its his playstyle, with a lack of meta there isn't too much to read into.

I will be the first to admit that I saw pg4 and then may have tunneled. My scumread of him was based MAINLY around the treatment of him from Jamie but the initial posts made me think that as scum he would be more driven to ensure his condition is fulfilled.
Can you clarify this Nepthys? Are you saying you were scumreading CFox because of what Jamiet said?
Jamie had a read list where he specfically pointed out cFox as new but not LQ. I thought this may have been setting up cFox to have some leeway later in the game and also give himself scope to change his reads quickly.

This again was based when Jamie was one of my top scumreads.
So to clarify, yes that was one of my top actual reasons for scumreading cfox

Nephthys

#629 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:22 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 pm
An arrow flies, Ezio has died!

he was Emperor Pedro of BRAZIL - TOWN TREE STUMP

Ancient Era -> Vanilla
Classical Era -> Vanilla
Medieval Era -> Vanilla
Renaissance Era -> Vanilla
Exploration Era -> Treestump
Industrial Era -> Treestump
Atomic Era -> Treestump
Modern Era -> Treestump
Future Era -> Treestump
Well at least there's no Godfather...

I still am baffled why you didn't choose someone with at least some content posts so we would have more information...

bozotheclown

#630 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 pm

xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

If you shoot a town you are going to end up getting scum read for it. I would not shoot or shoot Vecna.
That's so scummy. You're giving him an easy out if he is scum (which he probably isn't or would not have claimed, but maybe he did for towncred), or proposing to waste a town directed kill if he is town.
How was not using a shot to take out a town an easy out for scum?

bozotheclown

#631 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
##VOTE no lynch
What?
Why?
You got no reads?
I prefer a no lynch to lynching me, but that is obviously not going to happen. No one is going to follow me onto a wagon at this point, so I will choose the counterwagon that I find most suspicious.

bozotheclown

#632 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 pm

xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Do you still think not using the town directed kill, if that is what it was, would have been a waste?

xorxes

#633 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:27 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:35 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 am
Vecna wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 am
Quas and Crimson all feel pretty town so far. Squigs also had a post I liked, though im wondering why he didnt have a bad feeling about Jamiet's p1 posting.

Jamiet felt really tryhard on page1 and it left some big scumvibes in my mouth. His later stuff blended more with his usual playstyle, but ive not seen anything that obvtowns him. Lynch potential.

Damo being weirded out by jamiet, but then sheeping him was like, wtf?

Ghug did stuff but I have no idea what.

This indeed is pretty boring. Can someone shoot me?
Which post from Squigs did you like? Was it the one that made me squirm?

Quas and Crimson will have to tell us each other's alignment since they have played together before but not with the rest of us.
This is flawed logic for many reasons.

Quas and Crimson's back and forth makes me think there is some buddying going on, probably Crimson buddying Quas.
What are the reasons the logic is flawed?

I can buy Crimson buddying Quas, but as I said Quas's take on that would be most interesting.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#634 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 pm

Would Ike have bothered claiming that shot as scum?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#635 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:39 am
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:23 am
@RHK care to flesh out your read list a little, do you have anything to add to it, why did you post it with such little content instead of just encouraging further discussion to allow people to make better reads?
I can try now that I'm home. I'm mostly trying to get feelings onto the page as they come to me.

You've made the single most town post of the game so far. The thing regarding the other karma needing role is more a townslip or a 4D careful omission as scum, and Occam's razor suggests the first.

Jamie is rabid to win this game, I would bet on the back of the issues with the replacement and subsequent loss of town in M40 he wants to show how he can really play and lead town. This is more Inquisition and less Pied Piper.

On Quas and Crimson: Quas puts off a feel similar to teacher a few games backs. Skilled but not scummy. Crimson on the other hand...I have a feeling but I'm not ready to go into it yet.

Town xorxes lives on his ability to gamesolve and be a massive threat as the game goes on, but xorx isn't questioning here, he's commentating. Less Dan Rather and more John Madden if you will. I don't want to get xorx deep into a game and his big reveal is the team with more people alive wins and starts posting MS paint pictures of the MafBot with circles on it.

Bozo was almost purposefully unremarkable in his posting.

Ghug is ghug. I can't tell you yet on ghug, but I'm leaning town for better or worse.

DrC hasn't posted and Thomas's entire contrib has been 'Hello', in addition to Ike and Ezio on the low activity end as well (again, pot; kettle)
Which post is the most townie post in the game? Surely not the post he made about the +1's which is purely mechanical, requires no solving, and could easily be crafted by scum.

Are you saying that Jamie doesn't want to do those things in other games? Also, why wouldn't he want to do those things as scum?

Why would you share with us that you had an idea, but then not share the idea. "Look guys, I am thinking things through and solving like a townie, but I'm not going to tell you what I figured out"

xorxes

#636 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 pm
@Ike

One reason I would not give for not shooting Vecna is that if his claim is true it doesn't give us any more information nor prove his alignment.

I think its better that we guarantee some information whatever it is. For the love of god do not shoot Vecna.

Literally anyone else
Shooting Vecna would be bad, but anyone else, really? You have nobody that you townread even a little? You think shooting you would be better than shooting Vecna?

xorxes

#637 Post by xorxes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:38 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:56 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm

I have been looking forward to this game and I have studied the various roles in detail. I am afraid that having done this, I have many, many questions.
Can we conclude from this that if you did not ask any questions about a certain role, you are pretty clear on how that role works?
Xorxes being sneaky here with a leading question on Jamie.
I was indeed. And I think I got what I wanted from that.

Nephthys

#638 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 pm
@Ike

One reason I would not give for not shooting Vecna is that if his claim is true it doesn't give us any more information nor prove his alignment.

I think its better that we guarantee some information whatever it is. For the love of god do not shoot Vecna.

Literally anyone else
Shooting Vecna would be bad, but anyone else, really? You have nobody that you townread even a little? You think shooting you would be better than shooting Vecna?
Genuinely yes, if he shot Vecna we find if his claim is false or not, we already agreed the town and scum vecna may have reasons to fake claim.

Had I have been shot then you can at least analyse my content. I think that would have been a mistake to shoot one of the highest posters but I know that shooting Vecna was the biggest possible mistake.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#639 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:34 am
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:58 am

:eyeroll: Here's what you said:

You can pick nits over whether that's an assertion, implication, insinuation, suggestion, or contention. But yes, someone could certainly think "Xorxes is a good player, he thinks we should look at people who haven't posted yet" and then be primed to look for scum there whether or not it's justified.
I still stand by the assertion I actually made, as opposed to the one you made up for me.

Yes, we should look at the lower posting people, because there's likely to be a higher density of scum there than among the most prolific posters.
I agree that lurking is a worrying strategy that lets scum go unnoticed for too long. I just don't like that the way you expressed it, and think that it's possible that it's scum motivated.
Foxcastle sounds a bit awkward here in trying to defend lurkers.

Jamiet99uk

#640 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:35 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
##VOTE no lynch
What?
Why?
You got no reads?
I prefer a no lynch to lynching me, but that is obviously not going to happen. No one is going to follow me onto a wagon at this point, so I will choose the counterwagon that I find most suspicious.
Just remember you've got 25 minutes to make up your mind.

Damo is suspicious. VOTE for Damo.