Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#561 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm

I apologize for missing so much of day 1, it was a rough day yesterday. I have the next hour and a half or so to try to catch up and post as I read. As I am reading can someone summarize the case on Bozo?

Nephthys

#562 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:09 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:02 pm

It seems its either Ghug or a lurker and while sometimes I dislike ghug he does solve sometimes and he'll probably end up getting NK'ed he's town. Have another lurker you would like to suggest Foxy?
What so far has there been to like about Ghug? Is there anything else to why you don't want to shoot him?
There really hasnt been anything of his that has stood out, but I do think that ghugs allignment becomes apparent after like 3 days and he normally won't make it 5 days without getting lynched or NK'ed
What do you make of this
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 am
Jesus Christ Jamie, how are you this fucking stupid? I honestly don't understand how someone able to string sentences together can be this beholden to their emotions and completely unaware of it. You make Kanye look well put together and thoughtfully introspective.

##VOTE Nephthys

It really irks me that he didn't have sensible explanation for his whole +1 thing when I questioned him on it, and yet he's using it to double down on CrimsonFox now. I still don't even understand where the guy was fishing for +1s as opposed to jokeposting, and why he's been called out specifically. His opinions on Jamie and xorxes are more nuanced, but it feels less like legitimate meta reading to me and more like drawing on prior knowledge as a substitute for actual investment in this game.
It just screams to me that he's trying to push a wagon and get away with not starting it. (I already had two votes)

RagingIke297

#563 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 pm
Why Ezio? He looks like regular Ezio to me, and that's certainly not enough to shoot him. (And frankly, as funny as the Ezio-always-gets-shot meme is, it's not actually useful to town.)
It seems its either Ghug or a lurker and while sometimes I dislike ghug he does solve sometimes and he'll probably end up getting NK'ed he's town. Have another lurker you would like to suggest Foxy?
I'm more okay with shooting Bozo (or whoever the top lynch is when you decide to do it) and effectively getting two lynches, but I don't think we have enough time for that.

I think scum want to hide among the low posters without being non-posters. So just quickly looking, that would be worcej, Darg, DemonRHK, Ezio, Squigs. And the thing with Ezio is that he's always a low poster, so I'm not sure he even belongs in the list of candidates.
It seems like I'm not going to make everyone happy or even town read me, there's like 3 or 4 ideas going around and its getting mighty close to the end

bozotheclown

#564 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm
I apologize for missing so much of day 1, it was a rough day yesterday. I have the next hour and a half or so to try to catch up and post as I read. As I am reading can someone summarize the case on Bozo?
That is going to be hard to do, everyone voting for me has given a different reason.

bozotheclown

#565 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:

I'm more okay with shooting Bozo (or whoever the top lynch is when you decide to do it) and effectively getting two lynches, but I don't think we have enough time for that.

I think scum want to hide among the low posters without being non-posters. So just quickly looking, that would be worcej, Darg, DemonRHK, Ezio, Squigs. And the thing with Ezio is that he's always a low poster, so I'm not sure he even belongs in the list of candidates.
It seems like I'm not going to make everyone happy or even town read me, there's like 3 or 4 ideas going around and its getting mighty close to the end
If you shoot a town you are going to end up getting scum read for it. I would not shoot or shoot Vecna.

Nephthys

#566 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm
From what I understand
- Struggling to find things to say (Vecna)
- Not thinking things through as much as normal (shots/lynches) (Foxcastle)
- Criticizing Jamie for having lots of scum reads early (5/8 in a game with 5 scum) (Foxcastle)
- Fabricating a reason to anchor vote me (Rdr)

Thats all I got so far.

I will note that in MMIV bozo really pushed the hypoclaim thing as town whereas here has been rather silent which off the top of my head is how he won M39 as scum

brainbomb

#567 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 pm

GM NOTE URGENT:
damo666
I don't understand the votes on Neph. He is my only town read.

Hang on though, Jamie wouldn't be as vociferous as SK so he is my second townread.

So, need to change vote.

Fox comes across as a bit scummy so ##vote Fox.

And yeah, shoot ghug. Just for fun
this vote will be nullified because it is unclear to GM team who this vote is for. if damo fails to return his vote will be counted as an unvote.

RagingIke297

#568 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:31 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

If you shoot a town you are going to end up getting scum read for it. I would not shoot or shoot Vecna.
I'm either going to be a hero or get killed for it, I've accepted that

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#569 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:06 pm
@Ghug,

Just gonna pull this back up but what didn't you like about my explanation for the "+1 thing" perhaps if you were to point out what you didnt like about it I could explain it better.

You don't really seem to be prodding things that much... rather making the odd observation.

You say you find it odd the worcej wanted you shot but not a wagon. If you took a second to read you will see that that it literally THE reason he didn't want you as a wagon.

Currently I don't see what you are doing to either help town or progress things in any shape or form.

Tell me what is wrong with my case against you, elaborate your case on me and tell me where else I should be looking.

I do expect an answer for each point here as well.
Pretty fucking simple: dude wasn't fishing for +1s. Others were. You have a hard on for him for some reason. That's lazy, stupid, or scummy. I'm thinking mix of the first two.

I find that logic from worcej questionable. Your belief that reiterating that logic is enough to counter that belief is another point for the stupid theory.

I'm trying very hard not to lead this lynch. Town can thank me later. I'm also talking to people and giving thoughts. I'm not

Idefk what your case is. It seems like it's just OMGUS, which is why I'm not voting for you anymore, but also reinforces that you're stupid.

I do expect you to continue being stupid.

RagingIke297

#570 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

I'm either going to be a hero or get heavily scum read and probably killed for shooting and I've accepted that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#571 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Nephthys wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:09 pm

What so far has there been to like about Ghug? Is there anything else to why you don't want to shoot him?
There really hasnt been anything of his that has stood out, but I do think that ghugs allignment becomes apparent after like 3 days and he normally won't make it 5 days without getting lynched or NK'ed
What do you make of this
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 am
Jesus Christ Jamie, how are you this fucking stupid? I honestly don't understand how someone able to string sentences together can be this beholden to their emotions and completely unaware of it. You make Kanye look well put together and thoughtfully introspective.

##VOTE Nephthys

It really irks me that he didn't have sensible explanation for his whole +1 thing when I questioned him on it, and yet he's using it to double down on CrimsonFox now. I still don't even understand where the guy was fishing for +1s as opposed to jokeposting, and why he's been called out specifically. His opinions on Jamie and xorxes are more nuanced, but it feels less like legitimate meta reading to me and more like drawing on prior knowledge as a substitute for actual investment in this game.
It just screams to me that he's trying to push a wagon and get away with not starting it. (I already had two votes)
Lol I get credit for every wagon I'm on.

RagingIke297

#572 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Not sure why my post posted early

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#573 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:35 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 am
Vecna wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 am
Quas and Crimson all feel pretty town so far. Squigs also had a post I liked, though im wondering why he didnt have a bad feeling about Jamiet's p1 posting.

Jamiet felt really tryhard on page1 and it left some big scumvibes in my mouth. His later stuff blended more with his usual playstyle, but ive not seen anything that obvtowns him. Lynch potential.

Damo being weirded out by jamiet, but then sheeping him was like, wtf?

Ghug did stuff but I have no idea what.

This indeed is pretty boring. Can someone shoot me?
Which post from Squigs did you like? Was it the one that made me squirm?

Quas and Crimson will have to tell us each other's alignment since they have played together before but not with the rest of us.
This is flawed logic for many reasons.

Quas and Crimson's back and forth makes me think there is some buddying going on, probably Crimson buddying Quas.

Nephthys

#574 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 pm

@Ike

One reason I would not give for not shooting Vecna is that if his claim is true it doesn't give us any more information nor prove his alignment.

I think its better that we guarantee some information whatever it is. For the love of god do not shoot Vecna.

Literally anyone else

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#575 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 am
Oh look a hardclaim from Vecna D1.

Standard.
When has Vecna hardclaimed D1?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#576 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:

I'm either going to be a hero or get heavily scum read and probably killed for shooting and I've accepted that.
Did you ever consider not claiming or using it and playing the game as a vanilla?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#577 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:38 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:56 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm

I have been looking forward to this game and I have studied the various roles in detail. I am afraid that having done this, I have many, many questions.
Can we conclude from this that if you did not ask any questions about a certain role, you are pretty clear on how that role works?
Xorxes being sneaky here with a leading question on Jamie.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#578 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:04 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:56 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm

I have been looking forward to this game and I have studied the various roles in detail. I am afraid that having done this, I have many, many questions.
Can we conclude from this that if you did not ask any questions about a certain role, you are pretty clear on how that role works?
Ouch. Obvious PR fishing is obvious!
Ironic after you PR fished.

RagingIke297

#579 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

Did you ever consider not claiming or using it and playing the game as a vanilla?
I did, but I'm a sucker for power. That and I'm trying to get some info out there

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#580 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:34 pm
I believe Vecna's claim. It's the kind of role you don't suffer all that much for if you claim it, and Vecna has an enormous ego and therefore wouldn't be too bothered if his claim harmed town.
WTF is this even?? This seems to imply you hard assumed he is town. Scumslip? Also, why do you feel the need to attack someone's character?