Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#521 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 pm

Something has just occurred to me!

Damo666 seemed to think, when I talked about how I couldn't be bussed, that this was a slip, and he'd caught me as Serial Killer. I know Ghug joked about this, but looking back, Damo's reaction looks like he genuinely thought he might have uncovered the SK.

In this setup the Mafia have reason to be particularly scared of the SK, because the SK can survive the Nightkill, not once but twice. Therefore if scum think they've got s bead on the SK, they would prioritise them for lynching.

Does this earn Damo a couple of scum notches?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#522 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 pm

Damo666 seemed to think, when I talked about how I couldn't be bussed, that this was a slip, and he'd caught me as Serial Killer. I know Ghug joked about this, but looking back, Damo's reaction looks like he genuinely thought he might have uncovered the SK.

In this setup the Mafia have reason to be particularly scared of the SK, because the SK can survive the Nightkill, not once but twice. Therefore if scum think they've got s bead on the SK, they would prioritise them for lynching.

I don't think he was being serious.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#523 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Well done, Worcej. Have a biscuit.
Only if it comes with Honey.

@Ike - I am going to throw my 'vote' that you should probably not shoot a wagon near EOD and instead go for someone you think would provide connections/clears. That probably isn't much help, but it narrows it down to me wanting to see ghug, damo, Jaime, and Vecna, listed in order of who I would target.

That being said, of the wagons, I am inclined to ##vote bozo. I don't think Neph is being inherently scum like others do and the fact RDR points to bozo as playing scum, since he was scum with him last, has me more concerned. ghug seems like a non-wagon, and as I stated would be one of the ideal shot targets, so not going to plant my vote there.
Are you confident rdrivera is town? He probably is, because if he was scum he would likely be bussing a teammate.
I don't know why I have this reputation of being a serial busser. Anyway, you are right, I am not bussing you because I am town this time.

@Bozo - Could you elaborate on your read on Nephthys? You are voting him because you think he could be right about Jamiet and Xorxes, but for the wrong reason. I feel this really convoluted, because if you are town you can't know if they are also town, but on a re-read, it look less scummy and the lack of movement to save you start to make me a bit uncomfortable...

Jamiet99uk

#524 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm

My point was I would rather see Vecna shot instead of a random shot that is most likely to hit town. I do not think that is a waste of a shot, because if not for Vecna saying he can't be killed D1, I would advocate for not shooting D1.
Bozo, do you realise if Ike is telling the truth and he's Nubia, he either fires today, or never? Nubia only has a gunshot in D1 and then loses that power.

Vecna

#525 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:35 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:09 pm
Id actually like some more thoughts on the game from you Rdrivera. Im not convinced.
Convinced of what? I am not trying to convince anybody.

I don't pretend I can get a solid read on people on D1. The one I feel more off is Bozo, but I am also disliking Squigs posting almost nothing and vanishing. I got a town feeling from Nephthys, you and Jamiet. The newcomers from MU made me raise an eyebrow, but nothing that make me want to push them. And the others just didn't made a strong impression to me.

I should have a read on Xorxes, but after the two games we played at same time I just can't read him. But he will be sorted, he never survive long if he is town (this is for you Brain....).
Yeah, these are the type of things id like to see from you

Vecna

#526 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
I feel like Vecna is talking more to people and less about people than usual.
Youre just jealous because ive been neglecting to talk about you.

Jamiet99uk

#527 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

He took the trouble to say "NOT A JOKE" when he voted for me, and you therefore conclude that he was joking?

RagingIke297

#528 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 pm

I need to vote and it seems when I pressure vote someone they show up or cross post me, so

##vote DrCJG

Vecna

#529 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
I feel like Vecna is talking more to people and less about people than usual.
An interesting observation.

What could this mean?
Best guess, it's him caring more about influencing people, which I think is scummy I usually ascribe his lack of interactivity to timezones and find it unhelpful, so it could just be an attempt to improve play, but I tend to like Vecna's play more when he's scum, which again points back to scumminess. It could also be me reading too much into things that aren't there.
Do you even remember a game where I was scum? Im like the Rdrivera of rolling town.

Jamiet99uk

#530 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:17 pm

##VOTE DAMO666

He prioritised lynching the SK because he is scum and the SK is a serious threat to him.

Prior to that moment he'd sheeped me and tried to buddy me.

The second he thought he had a "gotcha" on the SK, on he jumped, like, I dunno, some kind of... wolf?

He even tried to get people onto my wagon by clearly stating his vote for me was NOT a joke vote.

Join me.

bozotheclown

#531 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm

My point was I would rather see Vecna shot instead of a random shot that is most likely to hit town. I do not think that is a waste of a shot, because if not for Vecna saying he can't be killed D1, I would advocate for not shooting D1.
Bozo, do you realise if Ike is telling the truth and he's Nubia, he either fires today, or never? Nubia only has a gunshot in D1 and then loses that power.
Yes, better to let the shot go unused than take a random shot and hit town. At this point I think Vecna really is Persia, I just do not know if he is town or scum. If the shot is going to go unused, there is no harm in shooting Vecna.

Vecna

#532 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:22 pm

The fact im not actually retracting my claim while a gun is being waved around should be proof enough that I am persia.

If Ike isnt certain enough to take a shot at a proper read, im fine with him shooting me. But shooting a lurker feels more fun. Not shooting feels kind of a waste.

Vecna

#533 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Also, if Ike does shoot town we can always policy lynch him to prevent a scum from claiming the gun and trying to get away with shooting town.

Hows that for some motivation not to fuck it up, Ikeyboy?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#534 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:16 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 pm

An interesting observation.

What could this mean?
Best guess, it's him caring more about influencing people, which I think is scummy I usually ascribe his lack of interactivity to timezones and find it unhelpful, so it could just be an attempt to improve play, but I tend to like Vecna's play more when he's scum, which again points back to scumminess. It could also be me reading too much into things that aren't there.
Do you even remember a game where I was scum? Im like the Rdrivera of rolling town.
There were a couple early in your career. The teens.

Vecna

#535 Post by Vecna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Just goes to show youre just spilling bullcrap. Trying to make me look bad with random stuff eh ghuggie.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#536 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:14 pm
ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

He took the trouble to say "NOT A JOKE" when he voted for me, and you therefore conclude that he was joking?
I don't think the vote was a joke, I think the SK bit was.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#537 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Vecna's not a bad call, but my vote is for a lurker we expect to continue lurking. I'd be pretty suspicious of Ike if he shot someone especially active day one.

BTW I now have four guns.

RagingIke297

#538 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm

@Ezio I'm probably going to do my civic duty and shoot you unless you can give me a real good reason not to.

bozotheclown

#539 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 pm
Only if it comes with Honey.

@Ike - I am going to throw my 'vote' that you should probably not shoot a wagon near EOD and instead go for someone you think would provide connections/clears. That probably isn't much help, but it narrows it down to me wanting to see ghug, damo, Jaime, and Vecna, listed in order of who I would target.

That being said, of the wagons, I am inclined to ##vote bozo. I don't think Neph is being inherently scum like others do and the fact RDR points to bozo as playing scum, since he was scum with him last, has me more concerned. ghug seems like a non-wagon, and as I stated would be one of the ideal shot targets, so not going to plant my vote there.
Are you confident rdrivera is town? He probably is, because if he was scum he would likely be bussing a teammate.
I don't know why I have this reputation of being a serial busser. Anyway, you are right, I am not bussing you because I am town this time.

@Bozo - Could you elaborate on your read on Nephthys? You are voting him because you think he could be right about Jamiet and Xorxes, but for the wrong reason. I feel this really convoluted, because if you are town you can't know if they are also town, but on a re-read, it look less scummy and the lack of movement to save you start to make me a bit uncomfortable...
My suspicion of Nephthys is based on comments he made about M1005 regarding the play of Jamie and xorxes, how he thinks they are town because they seem different than they did in M1005 when they were both scum. First, I found it odd he would be referencing how they came across in M1005, since he was scum with them and was never observing them in M1005 without know they were scum, so he did not have the perspective to independently evaluate how they seem to be playing. Second, the way he described Jamie and xorxes playing in M1005 is inconsistent with how I interpreted their play. Specifically:
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:13 pm
Xorxes seems rather towny, he feels a lot for free than he did last game (as scum)
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:20 am
The arguments that Jamie is town seem sound and I must say that his commentary as scum last game does indicate he is a lot more cautious and methodical as scum.
I do not think xorxes was playing any more reserved in M1005, and I found nothing cautious and methodical about Jamie's play in M1005.

Nephthys might just have a different interpretation of M1005, or maybe his perspective was just different because he was scum, but these things struck me as suspicious. The early +1 post by Nephthys did seem like a town post to me, but as someone pointed out, that could be faked by a scum knowing there is no GF.

Foxcastle

#540 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Why Ezio? He looks like regular Ezio to me, and that's certainly not enough to shoot him. (And frankly, as funny as the Ezio-always-gets-shot meme is, it's not actually useful to town.)