Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#2321 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 pm

I did this scumread for suspect things. I still read RHK as town.

yavuzovic

#2322 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:24 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm
Well that was... informative Yav... thanks.
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:42 pm
@thamrick
I didn't investigate anyone but Mean, I don't know what are you talking about.
@Tom Bombadil
You will see why when you lynch him. I have never lynched (not voted) anyone who is not scum.
Are you sad your perfect record is ruined? It had to happen eventually since you rolled scum.

Looking forward to that Demon investigation. Hope it's as riveting as your Mean and Foxy ones were.
Ah, you know, I slept early that night. I couldn't sleep for a long while. I'm so regretted and sorry. Yeah, I will can't use this because I am not trustable anymore.

thamrick

#2323 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 pm
... what? If you have a townread on him, why bother investigating?

Who are your top 3 scumreads? Don't think. Just tell me 3 names.

thamrick

#2324 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:31 pm

You're thinking too much. You clearly haven't been rereading the thread or there would be more meat to your "investigations"

yavuzovic

#2325 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 pm

I'm sorry thamrick,
You're really working for this game but I'm shitplaying
thamrick wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 pm
... what? If you have a townread on him, why bother investigating?

Who are your top 3 scumreads? Don't think. Just tell me 3 names.
I just told suspect things.
And I hate lurkers:
captainmeme
Barely posts, and looks they're trying to not seem as lurker:
bozotheclown
Vashta

MeanLaQueefa

#2326 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Yav, what do you think about reedeer? He has the same number of posts as bozo and far fewer than vash. Why doesn't he make your scum reads?

reedeer1

#2327 Post by reedeer1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:25 pm

I was sick for a week with the flu. I was more active before, and more active now as well.

MeanLaQueefa

#2328 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:28 pm

It helps town when you don't help someone who is likely scum and giving reads excuses for their actions before they can respond reedeer

reedeer1

#2329 Post by reedeer1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I am interested in his response as well, but I thought that would be a good time to remind you that Im trying not to lurk this game.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2330 Post by Maniac » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Firstly a few confessions:

1/. I was visited N2 by our lovely nurse. I thought it would be beneficial to keep scum guessing. At this point that doesn’t matter now, but my confession adds to town’s knowledge as Thamrick’s RB claim means it must have been scum RBing him (if he is to be believed). Personally, I think it is a genuine claim, certainly good enough to keep him from being a prime suspect D4.

2/. My second confession is that I never had a gun. It seemed so obvious to give me one that I thought I’d just wave one around anyway. That didn’t work out too well as I seemed to have exposed our watcher. Sorry DemonRHK. I thought I’d carry on the pretence to apply some pressure and also confuse scum a little. Then came the Ezio kill, which confused me a little. Why would town not shoot someone on my list? But then I thought I’m too arrogant. I know no more than any other towny. I’m convinced it was a town shot. Scum would’ve taken out someone on my list, and GS would have accepted that the shooter was at least trying to hit scum.

3/. After Ezio was killed I was going to confess to not having a gun, but stayed silent too long and later on thought it best to continue to let scum think they are two guns in play. If yavuz is scum they have to send someone else out to do their killing in case they think yavuz gets shot before nightfall.
Anyhow, sorry if I’ve misled town too much in my attempt to confuse scum.

So on to some reads…

Balki Bartokomous – lynched Jamie D1, Claimed RB N1, Voted vash D2.
Balki was a contender on D1 and switched with 5 mins to go from Scum Jamie to Town ND. After Jamie’s wagon was all but certain Balki joined it in the last minute. Balki can take no credit for Jamie’s lynch and if anything his actions look suspect. I’m not giving him any credit at all for his N1 roleblock claim as that is more likely to be the nurse (although I can’t think why).
Balki’s D2 isn’t impressive. He was the 4th person onto Town Ezio making him a joint contender. His Vash vote screams getting an apology in before the flip and laying the blame on Snowy. (Assuming Vash flips town).
Balki “Let's flip Vashta. {}{}Vote Vashta. Snowy would want it that way.

I don't know, I feel a little gross about this. I don't like our lynchpool. But Vashta has done nothing, he may be scum, and he's not helping us if we're town.”
D3 can’t really be analysed at all yet until we get more info, but even then it is unlikely to reveal much.
I think Balki could be Scum.

bo_sox48 – Voted Town Brainbomb D1 and Town ND D2. It’s often said that if Bo_sox is alive D3 he must be scum as he is often fear killed by mafia. I have to say I’ve agreed with most of what Bo_sox has said this game. I’m not sure he’ll welcome me agreeing with him, but there we are. His thoughts seem independent, he isn’t lazy and is trying to solve the puzzle. Town.

Bozotheclown – Voted Town ND on D1 and Vash D2. Bozo is still slight scum to me and that concerns me as he is flying beneath the radar a bit. Scum can often be anonymous and unconfrontational. Slight scum.

CAPTdargorygel – Lurker in chief. Voted Yavuz d1 and Town Ezio d2. Needs to contribute but can win a game for town if he gets to the end game.

DemonRHK – I think he is our watcher, sorry for the pressure that got you exposed. I was surprised by how quickly you buckled. You went from ‘thank god none of our PRs are exposed’ to ‘I’m the watcher’ in less than a minute.

Foxcastle – Impressive. Solid town.

MeanLaQueefa – Voted Balki d1, Vash D2. I’m not too concerned by MLQ so far. I kind of think someone who posts so much will be tripped up if she’s scum. I note that she was the top candidate before the Yavuz fiasco. I could be persuaded she is scum if people made a clear case. Null for now.

rdrivera2005 – lynched two scum and makes good points. Assume town for now but don’t give him too much credit for early lynches if he is still around at the end game. He could well be scum sleeper.

reedeer1 – lynched Jamie d1, voted Ezio D2. I think reedeer1 needs to step his game up. He and bozo will be people I look at very closely if I survive tonight.

Thamrick – poor voting record. Did he fakeclaim N2 RB because he has no voting cred? I’m willing to give him benefit of the doubt as say his claim is genuine and therefore he is town.

Tom Bombadil – I can’t see his retracted COP claim being anything other than fake. He doesn’t concern me too much at the moment.

VashtaNeurotic – good voting record and was the counter wagon to RJ. I think Town.

Yavuzovic – I still think over eager town. I think MLQ received advice about not lynching stupid people; probably sound advice. I can’t see scum motivation for doing what he did. One thing I would say is that if it was planned at N2 then Brainbomb would have been a good one to fake scan and he wouldn’t have known DemonRHK would be able to disprove him and he missed that bit of info. Town.

I think we are in danger of thinking we can auto-win with our PRs. This game can change so quickly. If scum hit a PR and Yavuz flips town the game gets tighter. Let’s all work a bit harder to build on our good start. Town was crushing the last game but still lost.

TL:DR
Scum: Balki and poss bozo & reedeer1
MLQ, Thamrick need a closer look later. Don’t forget about Tom and Rdrivera either one could go deep.

thamrick

#2331 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Sorry in advance for such a long post. These are just a bunch of posts that I find suspect and deserve a second look. Feel free to disregard until D4.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:21 pm
I don't request gun, because I fear I'd shoot wrong person.
Seems weird for the Cop to not want a gun. You'd be more informed than pretty much every other townsperson.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:18 pm
I have no scumread but Rjmcf seems really town.
No scumreads... Rj really town...
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 pm
@ND - Yav was exactly like this last game, he was so weird D1 that scum choose to drive a gun to him and he shooted a town Ezio without warning and just admit it after Brain pushed him to admit (and he was town and Brain was also town). He is also a non native English speaker and I know that this could make you look forced.

@rjcmf - Stop with this leader thing, this doesn't make any sense. Town people should not be following anyone.
Just gonna leave this here in case Yav flips scum...
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:23 pm
Thoughts catching up from where I went to sleep:

Rj finally puts some explanation behind his read on Mean, while not good reasoning, and highly transitive, starts to read a bit more neutral.

Brain has townread a fuckton of people that have nearly no posts.

Balki stating that 2 players attacking each other might be scum v town. Not exactly groundbreaking.

Jamie voting up our other super lurker, Fox with the sheep. Snowy pushed it then went ND instead. It's a weak lynch for infomation but I welcome a lurk = lynch meta.

Yavu seems lost without the bot, and his interaction has fallen as a result. The ND interactions are still really weird.

Bozo, after a huge absence, draws a conclusion most people came up with on by page 5 and deflects from Yavu.

---

So I want to bring up the votes on me. Maniac, Ezio, and Tom. Tom has fallen off the face of the earth, Ezio is only showing up to say 'fuck RHK', and Maniac's vote is publicly based off of me doing what I said I was going to, because someone else thought I wouldn't. On top of this, Steve has what seems to be a joke scumread on me? A full 42 hours in and has contributed as much as Vash.

I'm going to ##Vote Tom, mostly to try to get him to come back and participate, and to see if he still stands by his vote of me. In the meantime, I still think Yavu is scum, as well as Ezio, with leans on Jamie and Bozo for now.
Another one for a possible Yav scum flip.
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:39 pm
Ok, I can respect that ND vote, brain. I hope RHK doesn't go down for it though, if balki is bad, I think that most likely means RHK is good based on their interaction.
Why would someone hope another player doesn't go down for something unless they know the other person's alignment.
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:41 pm
ND please tell me what comment I made that was dumb and why you now want to lynch me for it. Please... :-D
Which led to...
Rjmcf wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pm
ND is super suspicious and I’m super busy. Sorry I can’t really contribute at end of day, that BAME is much more literal for me.

##VOTE ND
Following his townleader's lead.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm
thamrick wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:31 pm
@Jamiet - who are you leaning at this point?

I read Rdrivera, MeanlaQueeffa, DemonRHK, you and perhaps Brainbomb as Town.

I lean scum on Ezio, Balki, Rjcm, and ND.

I am suspicious of Bozo and SuperSteve.
Pretty confident Jamiet put a scum in his townreads. He had rj in his scum leans. Don't know about suspicions, but maybe Bozo is worth keeping an eye on.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 pm
## Vote Balki.
When Jamiet voted Balki, it put it ND 5, Balki 5, Jamiet 4. Maybe Jamiet was just trying to create 2 viable alternative wagons to himself, but it's still a weird vote knowing ND was town.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm
Demon is blatant scum. Look at his scumreads.

■ meanlaqueefa
■ RJmcf
■ supersteve

Hes choosing candidates who wont be able to fight back or see what hes doing
What am I doing brain, other than trying to find scum?
RHK says that like he knows there's a scum on that list...

I think RHK crumbed several roles in case he needed to fake claim.
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 am

BB - As I've pointed out before, Jamie and BB have an interesting and noticable dynamic. Brain is the loose cannon, while Jamie is the grizzled serious one. (Moment of lightheartedness here: The two of them are are a script away from a cop buddy movie blockbuster), however that normal interaction was gone, Jamie was much less into BB, in a way. I noted it before, he wasn't acting annoyed, more angry that normal at brain.

Too long to directly quote but I'll LINK IT.
This is a weird post from RJ. BB was super tunneled onto Tom. Rj was expressing hesitance to join BB on the wagon. Knowing BB was town and Rj was scum, it's weird that Rj would defend Tom with so little conviction, but then end up voting for Tom and only Tom on D2. I... don't know what to make of it.

BB responds by saying he'd join Rj in a lynch of Bo or of Foxy if Rj would consider the case against Tom. BB makes some more points and Rj piles onto Tom. Was Rj protecting Bo or Foxy? Why was he so opposed to joining BB on the Tom wagon at first. Literally 3 posts after his Tom vote (12 mins), he lists Bo in his scumreads (not Foxy), but didn't jump at the opportunity to join BB on Bo. If you read the scumreads:
Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 pm
Scumreads:

Ezio: Lurking, voting with little to no reasoning, one word posts. Not a damaging scum in the sense that they're not pushing any wagons, but brain you said that scum might hide strong PRs so idk.

bo_sox48: I didn't like how long it took him to answer my question at the start of day 2. He's been very defensive all of today and it's putting me on edge.

Tom Bombadil: I'm happy to lynch, you make a good case.

ND: A lot of the arguments for town ND are vote analysis related or meta analysis, and I can't do that shit yet. This is just a gut feeling.

VashtaNeurotic: Same as ND, arguments for town Vash I can't handle and don't properly trust yet so I'm going with gut again.

thamrick: Seems a little too opportunistic, but has just nicely broken down my analysis (finally).

Ordered most to least scummy.
He has Bo as MORE SCUMMY than Tom. Who he voted for all of D2 even though Brain was willing to lynch Bo. I could be reading into them too, but to me, his read of Bo is the only one that comes across as authentic. Ezio is just a lurker scumread (and obviously wrong), Bo wasn't defensive D2. He was being stubborn and demeaning in most of his posts, his gut feeling of ND was wrong, I'm betting Vash is town based on the similarity to Rj's ND read, and then he lists me. I'm betting he stashed a scum on that list, and to me it looks like Bo is most likely.

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:14 am
I am exhausted from working extra hours because a ton of people are sick. Just got done reading the Interesting developments. Balki made his first posts that actually seemed like he might be town to me this game. I completely disagree with Brain's thoughts on foxcastle, but I would like brain to explain to me why vash definitely isn't scum, I'm open to the idea.

For now, I'm going to help lynch tom, I'm getting weird town feels from balki atm that might be because of exhaustion, I'm not a fan of the ND lynch as I see some town seeming qualities, Vash isn't going anywhere and I want to hear from brain about it, and I don't really have a read on ezio so lynching him seems like a shot in the dark to me. Tom feels the oddest out of the bunch. ##vote tomead....
Possibly another mafia breadcrumb. Or a real breadcrumb. Or just truth. It is flu season after all...

Also weird that MLQ specifically addresses all of RJ's scumreads except for Bo and me.
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 pm
Let's flip Vashta.

##Vote Vashta

Snowy would want it that way.

I don't know, I feel a little gross about this. I don't like our lynchpool. But Vashta has done nothing, he may be scum, and he's not helping us if we're town.
I tend to ignore EoD voting comments as people usually just say weird things (like seriously, look at BB's comments about the Rj lynch). However, this one struck a chord for me then and still does.
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm
@rdrivera: It is a little early to say my voting record is the worst, unless you know for sure that ND and Vashta are not scum.
This was actually a really good point.
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 pm
Good point. Tom, did you get rb'd anyway?
RHK says he watched Tom N2. Shouldn't he have known Tom had no visitors?
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 pm
So tham and someone else were rb'd. No idea on a gun. Thankfully, no PRs in the open, but that means we have no hard information to go on, besides town jesus.

I still don't like tham, but I'd need to see who the other rb was first. Also I still think rd is off.

EDIT: Oh cool, Maniac wants to shoot me. Please don't
This was immediately after my RB claim. Seems weird for him to immediately cast doubt on it. He also knew that there was another RB. How would he KNOW that unless he knew that mafia had used a RB.
ND wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 am
I think one of Bo or Yav have to be scum imo.

RHK makes sense except for the claim. Wouldn't vote to lynch today unless thing's dramatically changed.

Not sure on Rd. Not getting a major scum vibe atm.
Maybe this is why Yav claimed ND was scum. All of Yav's posts prior to this pointed to him saying ND was a slight scumread.
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:03 am
bo_sox48 – Slight Town. I’ve liked his logic a lot more lately, he’s been actually trying to solve things after his D1. I find it concerning that he always seems to be on an off wagon at EoD though (bb D1, ND D2).
I think this is what they call a hedge...
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:15 pm
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:06 pm
I want to hear his other scan before we do anything. I'm not sure, he should have had a better reason for outing himself than maybe killing a miller. There really wasn't any reason to reveal yet yav *sigh*
I don't think it helps us to hear his other scan right now. He will almost certainly survive the night, as we have Watcher and Nurse alive. No reason to give up the other scan until his life is in jeopardy.
Two things - I didn't feel the authenticity in MLQ's disappointment at Yav's claim. And Balki's comment really makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't we want Yav's other scan to either verify Yav's claims or get another strong softclear.
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:39 pm
Tham, I guess you can turn my read of yav up to town. I'm in favor of a bozo or tom lynch. ND should probably be shot.
I find it interesting that MLQ's next post was this:
MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 pm
I've only been able to read on a 10 minute break from work, so I may have missed some things cause I couldn't read everything. I think RHK's claim is more believable than yav's, as I said before, it doesn't benefit cop to claim like he did. Also watcher is protecting our townclears, even if we have the nurse guard our cop, he ceases being useful because of the role block, so watcher > cop. So ##vote yav.

You guys have time to break the tie, but I think lynching yav is the right move here.
MLQ's progression on D3 about how she views claims is strange at best.
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 pm
##VOTE yavuzovic

Considering that yav has proven his utter and total uselessness in a couple of games straight now, it wouldn't really shock me if he is lying. There is no motivation to claim the way he did as the actual cop, and there is a very minor motivation to claim the way he did as scum, which is to draw out the cop after the watcher has already been exposed. If he's the cop, RHK is lying, and we lynch/shoot him. If he's not the cop, RHK is most definitely not lying, because there's no way that he would put himself out there like that if he weren't the watcher.
This whole post by Bo and his reasoning for not wanting to kill ND is suspicious to me. Bo didn't consider the possibility that Yav is town (can't fault Bo there. Yav would be dumb to fakeclaim cop as town like this) or acknowledge the possibility that Yav was scum who just didn't get his story straight and also scum RHK used it as an opportunity to make himself look good.

Even ND's initial reaction was to kill himself and he knew he was VT.

MeanLaQueefa

#2332 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:57 pm

demonRHK: Town. I see him as town clear at this point, untouchable. Even if someone CCed him, I’d lean toward lynching the CC. Coming forward to counter yav is a plainly towny thing to do, regardless of yav’s alignment.

foxcastle: Town. I hard town read fox, his arguments are all well based in towny logic, he pushed rjm about being “newbie scum.” He was also one of the earlier votes on rjm and I don’t think scum would buss the witch of all people. He’s the person I’d be most surprised to flip scum who isn’t in anyway clear.

bozotheclown: Scum. Bozo’s been on the wrong side of history every time, always taking the town wagon when scum is the other (we don’t know about vash yet for D2 though). Day 1 he was one of the hold overs who stayed on the ND wagon after jamie’s scum slip, along with rjm (also fox and tham voted against ND day 1), and since we now know ND is town, this looks much worse for bozo. On day 2, he voted vash all day, then right when vash was about to become a wagon he switched to tom and switched back within a minute. This could be done by a town, but we know the other wagon, rjm, was scum and bozo always seemed to take the opposite wagon of scum. It is also worth noting that even if tom or vash were scum too, bozo still placed his vote to save the witch. I think this leans scummy. Day 3 he was on ND again, which makes sense for scum because yav is almost certainly scum.

rdrivera2005: town. Still getting pretty strong towny vibes from rdrivera, his vote for ND is concerning, but his explanation for voting it makes sense for a towny and he’s sticking by it after the lynch. Pretty much every post he does has me going “this dude is town,” seriously, people have been scum reading him for days, I don’t get it, I haven’t seen one decent argument. He was an early vote on Jamie, and later but important vote on rjm, and today he looks slightly scummy for the first time for voting ND, but so does at least over half of town. I also think the ND wagon isn’t that scum indicative, because townies who want to play it safe and not lynch a claimed PR would gravitate towards it.

yavuzovic: Scum. I really don’t get how he could be anything else unless he is truly an idiotic individual, or just felt bad for the scum team and wanted to help them.

balki bartokomous: Null. I was feeling more towny towards him, however, the last-minute switch to ND was weird. Honestly, I don’t feel like there’s a whole lot to go off on balki despite being as active as he is, which gives me pause because all the other players who have been as active as he’s been have much more clear reads to me. I’ve gone 180 and back again on him this game, and I’m not sure how to peg him overall right now.

reedeer1: Scum. I really didn’t like the way he voted ND:
“I think ND is correct. We lynch or shoot him today, and use that information tomorrow. We need to stop pulling PR's out, real or fake PR's we seem to be as a group pulling VT claims, and PR claims, something we cant afford.

@@Vote ND

I would hammer, but we might learn some by talking more. Especially the part where the stalker finds out that ND is miller, to try to clear scum Yuav, so waiting on the GM to respond to that.”

This post seems constructed specifically to avoid giving reasons behind wanting to lynch ND. This seems very forced town to me, just saying generalities. There is also a good deal of hypocrisy in saying to stop fake or real claiming and then turning to lynch the only person on the table at that point who followed that advice. He voted Jamie on day one, but his vote there was just as sketchy as his vote for ND:

“Now I am thinking of the three top wagons, I do not like any of them, but of them I have strong town voting for jamit, so @@Vote jamit
(edit) Now I have a scum voting jamit..., but still best.”

This was as everyone was flooding onto Jamie. So he’s voting Jamie because people he thinks town are (doesn’t name them) and then he updates it to say that now scum are voting Jamie (doesn’t name them) but still proclaims it the best choice. This dude seems to be doing everything he can to not back up his votes with reasons. On D2 he said he was sick and just parked on Ezio all day. I want a wagon on reedeer to at least get him talking and giving reasons for what he thinks in this game, he’s skated by far too long without pressure. I’d really like to see bozo and reedeer wagons tomorrow, because what they’ve done is sufficiently scummy but neither has received any sort of pressure all game.

VashtaNeurotic: Slight Town. Another person I’ve gone back and forth on. I think his vote for yav today favors town slightly, but there’s a few sketchy things I’ve brought up about him in the past too. I’d rather not lynch him tomorrow though.

Tom Bombadil: Slight Scum. I still have some problems with his claiming cop last night, but his vote on yav and his consistently good voting record are pushing me away from wanting to lynch him tomorrow. His biggest town credit was voting rjm early on in the day, and witch is a hell of a bus if tom is scum. However, tom was also the top wagon when voted rjm, so it could have been him trying to distance himself from rjm, before rjm’s wagon took off. His actual posting still has me getting a scummy vibe from him and he isn’t being as helpful as people seem to think he is

Maniac: Town Jesus.

dargorygel/Catainmeme: Slight Scum. Low participation, very hard to read. Leaning scum from dargoygel left over bad feels. Meme’s been largely detached and uninvolved, but the last minute vote for ND rings scummy to me, but again, not an optimal lynch for tomorrow.

thamrick – town. I see his vote on ND as a towny move because of his explanation. He seemed very concerned that we were potentially going to lynch a PR if we voted for yav, so I understand his reasoning and it pushes him more in the town direction for me. Plus I had him pegged for town before because his arguments consistently seem to come from a town perspective. He’s also made a few mistakes in logic I wouldn’t expect from a mafia player.

bo_sox48 – Town. I really see his push on yav as a town sealing moment. Unless yav flips town, which means bo could have seen his error as a moment to gain a lot of towncred. Or maybe if the scum team just agreed to collectively throw away yav, but in any case, I think we need to not lynch bo for a couple days.

thamrick

#2333 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:57 pm

I'm shocked there are so few people online here for EoN. I maintain that it's an unfortunate symptom of the Super Bowl. Brits just don't understand... ;)

thamrick

#2334 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 pm

If I die tonight, look at the start of D3 interactions. Look at the Bo/RJ interactions at the start of D2 and the RJ reads quoted above. Don't blindly believe either RHK or Yavuz. I think both of them could still be scum.

Balki Bartokomous - My heart says town but my mind says caution. There are just some oddities that don't make much sense with Balki.

bo_sox48 - Beyond the potentially exposed scum, I have the most ominous feeling about Bo. He's playing very similar to how I remember him playing as scum when he won M20.

bozotheclown - I feel pretty good about Bozo. Hasn't contributed much, but I get geniune good vibes.

captainmeme - No effing clue. Seems to be an easy lynch target that several are pushing. Darg had some strange interactions but nothing that was damning imo.

DemonRHK - I still cant wrap my head around claiming so easily and I still believe it was just a fishing claim. Not a super threat, but a potential lynch/shot candidate based on what we discover from EoN actions.

Foxcastle - strong town. I lied to Yav. This could go out the window if some of my suppositions turn out to be false. But I'm fairly convinced Foxy is town.

Maniac - Duh. Even if I don't necessarily agree with his handling of certain info (gun ownership, etc.), he hasn't led us astray yet, so deliver me Town Jesus.

MeanLaQueefa - still suspicious due to the RJ links, Jamiet defending, but those suspicions have been lessening a little lately. Still think she's likely scum, but could be exonerated by POE.

rdrivera2005 - relatively strong town read, but of the ones who have contributed a sizeable amount, he's probably my 5th or so scumlean at this point so take it for what it's worth. If I die, look at his interaction with me at the start of the day.

reedeer1 - who knows? Shouldn't have skipped his flu shot I guess. Hopefully he contributes a little more, but there's a lot of weird reedeer protection from known scum and scum suspects.

Tom Bombadil - potentially my top townread besides Maniac. Disagree nearly 100% with MLQ that his fake claim was anti-town.

VashtaNeurotic - POE town. But again, who knows?

yavuzovic - probably scum. Lied about Cop. Can't see a good town motivation for it. Desperate scum play or in contention for worst town play ever.

I definitely think we kill Yav tomorrow (via gun or lynch, tbd). Either way I don't think it clears RHK. We definitely should hear what RHK claims happened at night but be prepared for a fake RB claim.

I'm not super worried about dealing with the RHK uncertainty immediately as if we catch 2 other scum, real Watcher can reveal then it's a gunshot and lynch to a win.

I worry that scum have a deep threat laying very low and that a lot of my scumreads are town. But I think we're in good shape regardless of how this goes down. Don't drop your guard though!

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2335 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Night 3: Reads (As of EoN -3)
11-3 before EoN

DISCLAIMER: Most people left in the game feel scummy. You are going to see a fuckton of hedgey reads becuase of it.

Foxcastle - Null to Slight Scum - (SEE DISCLAIMER 2) Fox didn't repond to my aggression as expected. He's either very cool town or calculated scum. Hedged the Yavu wagon pretty hard. Point for musical artistry.

bozotheclown - Null to Slight Scum - One major note: After Vash nearly dies as the counterwagon to scum, HE VOTES VASH AGAIN. Bozo is lurky and borderline tunneled.

rdrivera2005 - Moderate Scum - I've been on this read for days. Day 3 he took the 'holier than thou' route against me, Voted with Yavu on ND but hedged against the claim in the same post.

yavuzovic - Hard Scum - Fake cop claim, gets VT killed, nearly gets me killed, and could have exposed the real cop. Yavu as scum means D1 makes a ton more sense.

Balki Bartokomous - Slight Town OR Slight Scum - Balki's alignment in my eyes fully depends on the Yavu flip. Scum Yavu leads me to believe Balki is scum, and his heat and arguement D1 with Jamie was real frustration over the less experienced scumteam's actions. If Yavu would flip town, I feel more town on Balki, but just barely. Deeply connected to Mean

reedeer1 - Null - reedeer is lurking super hard. Amazingly, never brought up his sickness D3...

VashtaNeurotic - Moderate Town - I don't see D2 as 2 scum wagons. Has done fuck all otherwise though.

Tom Bombadil - Null - Tom almost completely avoided the Yavu issue. Is 100% on board with Yavu claim...then votes him.

Maniac - Conf Town - Please, please tell me that wasn't your shot at Ezio.

captainmeme - Slight Scum - lurking, and worse yet, apathetic. Doesn't care what happens. The golden standard of useless, regardless of alignment.

thamrick - Null to Slight Town - (SEE DISCLAIMER 2) tham has taken the torch from brain in terms of posting. The biggest red flag comes from him asking what I thought about the Yavu claim. If he is scum, knowing that ND wasn't, he could be trying to verify my and Yavu's claims for the rest of his team.

bo_sox48 - Slight Town - bo came in with a lot of analysis D3, the only thing I didn't like was his post calling ND clear cut scan lynch, but voting yavu.

MeanLaQueefa - Null - Something doesn't sit right about Mean. I honestly have no real reason other than the Balki tunnel, but something in my gut just feels off.

DISCLAIMER 2: Fox and tham come across almost indentical in a reread, but tham buddied up to me while Fox was much more lukewarm to me. This could very well skew these two reads.

-----

I'm going to put out some things I think have happened for better or worse in case I die:

-ON GUNS: I am currently of the opinion Maniac shot Ezio, and that the gun from N1 was lost on snowy or held. This may be disproved if Maniac shoots Yavu tonight.

-ON ROLEBLOCKS: This is safe to mention now. I really need Maniac to confirm this one; I think Maniac was protected N2 and didn't claim it to wine scum. If he was it improves tham's read somewhat (Held by scum to be claimed is still possible)

-ON NUMBERS: We will come out of N3 one of three ways:

10-3: NK, no shot: Expected, nothing changes.

9-3: NK, Town Yavu shot: #YavuIsTheWorst memes begin, short of myself or another PR getting a gun with a conf scumread, there needs to be discussion over a shot, then the shot taken with NO LESS than 24 hours remaining.

10-2: NK, Scum Yavu shot: Happy dance, then as above.

Successful Save: This would suggest scum targeted me or Maniac, or a clutch save elsewhere. Should this occur, it would need to be addressed at that time (which I'd be alive to parse thankfully)

-ON LINKS: Balki/Mean are mutually exclusive scum (So one can be, but both is EXTREMELY unlikely). I feel another set is tham/Fox

-----

IN CLOSING:
I claimed way too fucking early in retrospect. But when the townclear with a gun is asking about you and only you, panic sets in. My suspected scum are:

rd
Balki or Mean
(If Yavu flips town one of tham, fox, or meme)

[Cue Music]

On a dark internet highway, looking for a scum lair~
Bullshit wafts through a forum, stinking up the air~
Up ahead in the topic, I saw impending first light~
My mind grew weary and my outlook grew dim~
I may not survive this night~

There she stood hedging her reads~
Again Balki trying to sell~
And I was thinking to myself~
This has got to be a fucking scumtell~
Then the hooker came, couldn't get away~
I heard her scumbuddies from the distance~
I thought I heard them say~

Welcome to the Hotel 'Wine in front of You'~
Such a shitty place (Such a shitty place)~
Such a shitty case~
Gonna try to mislynch, just on 'Wine in front of You'~
Every doubt we create, just seals your fate~

Her mind is tunnel focused, everyone a means for her ends~
She got a lot of townreads, that make no goddamn sense~
How they dance in the QT, 'We'll win this yet'~
Town tries to remember, but all the tells they forget~

So I called up the GMs~
'Please save me from the Wine'~
They said, 'Can't since the ruling back in M29'~
And still the doubts are coming from lurks all day~
Gotta defend myelf through the night~
Just to hear them say~

Welcome to the Hotel 'Wine in front of You'~
Such a shitty place (Such a shitty place)~
Such a shitty case~
Gonna try to mislynch, just on 'Wine in front of You'~
Every doubt we create, just seals your fate~

Hedge read from EoN~
Scum put another town on ice~
They say 'let the fakeclaim live, it won't fool us twice'~
And in the game topic~
They gather for the vote~
They spread over a dozen wagons~
But still I'm the scapegoat~

Last thing I remember~
I was pleading a well found case~
I had to convince the players~
Before they shot me in the face~
'Relax' said the scumbag~
'You'll get yours soon'~
'You can finger all of us'~
'But you'll just end up a dead toon!'~

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2336 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Running around with the little Balks today, so I only really have time to share my general thoughts.

Scum:
Almost certainly Yavuz. I've never played with Yavuz, so I'm treating him in my mind like a general relatively inexperienced player. I find it very unlikely that such a player faked a cop scan to try to lynch a scum read. I've seen that done only once, and that was by someone with a lot of experience and quite a lot of confidence in his reads (HR). I think Yavuz's play was less about killing ND and more about a Hail Mary attempt to sacrifice scum who was already in danger in order to try to out the Cop. We should flip Yavuz next.

MLQ. I've been over this ground a lot. Nothing has happened to change my read. I think the most fertile ground to find scum is from subtle attempts to discredit wagons that flipped scum on D1 and D2. That's where is read originated and it's only grown from there. I also think MLQ has reacted to being in our crosshairs the way scum would react. My general impression of MLQ is that she is a very good player. Probably very good as either alignment. I expect a very good town player, when under fire, to dig in and game solve. The tendency I've seen in MLQ is the opposite. She seems less engaged and less game solvey since the RJ flip, which implicated her.

Bo_Sox. I'm beginning to get the heebeegeebies from Bo_Sox. And I went back and looked at the interaction between Bo_Sox and RJ and it is indeed suspicious. Bo_Sox doesn't treat anyone with kid gloves, but he was very gentle with RJ. Could be a fatherly site admin trying to be welcoming to a new player, but I sensed a bit of "sweeping under the rug" going on at the same time. I'd like to see Bo_Sox flip.

captainmeme. Running out of time, but not much to say about our captain anyway. He's not here. Dang was scummy. This is where I'd look if our scum team isn't above.

Too late...town reads DemonRHK, Reedeer, Tom

RagingIke297

#2337 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Phase has ended, please hold

RagingIke297

#2338 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:03 pm

The members of toon town awake, everyone begins looking for the typical goo pile of another dead toon, but there is no pile of goo.

No One Has Died

Day 4 begins

thamrick

#2339 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:04 pm

LETS GO!!!!

MeanLaQueefa

#2340 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:04 pm

Looks like the nurse isn't taking the day off for the superbowl!