This game is weak

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
czolgosz

This game is weak

#1 Post by czolgosz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:51 pm

This website is weak and doesn't accumulate enough players to play a live game. Even VDip is better.

Claesar

Re: This game is weak

#3 Post by Claesar » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 am

He's not entirely wrong though. It's not trivial to get a live game going at certain times.

I've had a couple fire at 3PM EST (8PM GMT), as well as 7PM EST, in the past few weeks. I haven't joined any recently though.

I've also offered to coordinate a live-game club, but response has been lukewarm.

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:03 pm

The site is weak.’ Fucking site is weak? You’re weak. I’ve been in this business fifteen years. … Fuck you, that’s my name. You know why, Mister? ‘Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That’s my name. And your name is you’re wanting. And you can’t play in a man’s game. You can’t finalise your orders. And you go home and tell your wife your troubles.

A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention; do I have your attention? Interest; are you interested in a live game? I know you are because it’s fuck or walk. You join or you hit the bricks. Decision; have you made your decision for Christ? And action. A-I-D-A; get out there. You got the prospects loggin’ in; you think they came online to get out of the rain? Guy doesn’t click on the site unless he wants to play. Sitting out there waiting to give you their points! Are you gonna take 'em? Are you man enough to take 'em? What’s the problem pal?

You see this watch? You see this watch? … That watch cost more than your car. I made 970,000 points last year. How much you make? You see, pal, that’s who I am. And you’re nothing. Nice guy? I don’t give a shit. Good father? Fuck you, go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here? Game. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can’t take this, how can you take the abuse you get in a live game with Ghug? You don’t like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the materials you got, make myself fifteen thousand points. Tonight. In two hours. Can you? Can you?

Why am I here? I came here because Kestas and Zultar asked me to, they asked me for a favour. I said, the real favour, follow my advice and ban your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.

brainbomb

#5 Post by brainbomb » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:48 pm

LOL what is this from. this is so funny.

StackelbergFollower
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6 Post by StackelbergFollower » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:24 pm

https://youtu.be/Q4PE2hSqVnk

Glengarry Glen Ross....great movie.

Jamiet99uk

#7 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Stackelberg is correct. I have slightly amended Alec Baldwin's monologue from that film. It is one of the best films ever made and you should watch it. Baldwin was nominated for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor and he's only in the film for 7 minutes. Great stuff.

foodcoats

#8 Post by foodcoats » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:17 pm

czolgosz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:51 pm
This website is weak and doesn't accumulate enough players to play a live game. Even VDip is better.
You can also post about your intentions to make a live game in the new games forum and show people you're a cool interesting player to have some fun with, and/or coordinate around other people's schedules instead of just spamming live games with crossed fingers.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#9 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:38 pm

czolgosz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:51 pm
If this is his sales job to get a live game going, imagine how charming and effective the in-game press would be!

Kingdroid

#10 Post by Kingdroid » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:22 am

just for the record im down for live games, in fact, i may even prefer them. Unfortunately, i can only do like late at night PST

Claesar

#11 Post by Claesar » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 am

Kingdroid wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:22 am
just for the record im down for live games, in fact, i may even prefer them. Unfortunately, i can only do like late at night PST
If you're talking 2AM-late-night, I'm in. I can do a bit earlier if you plan it in advance.

Kingdroid

#12 Post by Kingdroid » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Claesar wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 am
Kingdroid wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:22 am
If you're talking 2AM-late-night, I'm in. I can do a bit earlier if you plan it in advance.
yeah that sounds like a good time for me

Percy Williams

#13 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:32 am

For the record I don't consider live game availability to be the benchmark for a Diplomacy site. The best thing about online diplomacy is that you can play a game without carving out an hour+ of your day, and I have never had trouble joining a game with longer phase lengths.
(Except maybe the one about only messaging in iambic pentameter, but that's a weird one)

thdfrance

#14 Post by thdfrance » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:32 am
For the record I don't consider live game availability to be the benchmark for a Diplomacy site. The best thing about online diplomacy is that you can play a game without carving out an hour+ of your day, and I have never had trouble joining a game with longer phase lengths.
(Except maybe the one about only messaging in iambic pentameter, but that's a weird one)
what psychopath thought that would be a fun idea?