MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#1241 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:10 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:09 pm
@food, seeing it seems you are the only other newer player here I'm gonna hit you with what Squigs hit me with on my first

How do you feel about a D1 no lynch?
How do you feel about the Lynch the Lurker strategy?
Do you prefer to have two large wagons at the end of day 1, or several smaller ones?
##Vote Nephthys
these are scum questions that wont help you determine anything of his align no matter how he answers
Brainbomb's opening post is a vote for scum, and not a joke vote, but he later drops his case on Nephthys satisfied with his answers.

In general I have found brainbomb having a much more serious tone this game than what I'm used to from him. Though this is not necessarily a scumtell, it raises an eyebrow.

xorxes

#1242 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:12 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 pm
Hi Jamie.

As brain is apparently so good as scum I think we should lynch him just in case.

##vote brainbomb
He's also really annoying, distracting, and de-railing as town, so we would benefit either way. :!:

##vote brainbomb :!:
not too mention was asked to play by Jamiet99uk :!:
The second person he interacts with is the other scum, who has voted for him apparently with a joke vote.

xorxes

#1243 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:10 am
france seemed kinda scummy like he was trying to recover from being perceptually caught in a lie wrt role pm. his whole thing about terrorists not claiming to be terrorists felt like he was trying to be funny about being caught lying.

##VOTE TDHFRANCE
Here if he is not scum himself he has identified another scum early day one. Too bad he didn't stick with that.

xorxes

#1244 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 am
worcej isnt scum, its xorxes and france. bozo is a blithering fucking idiot whos derailed the game into some self flagellating masturbatory experience.

we get bozo is pr. literally telegraphed himself as one so much nobody even cares anymore.
I remember wanting to tell bb to shut up when he said this because I also thought bozo's concern with the hypoclaims might be because he was PR. I don't know if brain would fish for PRs so blatantly though.

xorxes

#1245 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:41 pm
ill read the game on d2. ive not had time to read much at all. assuming im alive maybe I can be useful.

no reason to panic there should be 11 ppl alive.

my scumreads are just xorx, thdfrance rn
This is kind of funny given the current state of the game.

xorxes

#1246 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:53 pm
I liked worcej, hes usually a easy read for me.

foodcoats is so new that hes just very hard to read. slight scumlean

Ike seemed fine, and wouldnt lynch there

Jamie doesnt seem like hes playing scum here. though admittedly hes giving me a bit more liberty this game and ive seen numerous suggestions im scum with Jamie. dont see what ive done to contribute to that other than just mostly not sheeping jamie on his usual flawed ideas. The only part where Jamie might have been scum is wrt tdhfrance and how he essentially caught him in a scum slip but let him become a townread. I do think tdhfrance brushed off getting the role pms wrong by trying to make a joke that terrorists wouldnt refer to themselves as terrorists.
all that being said im not scum with jamie. if he is scum maybe its with tdhfrance because I cant see why Jamie decided he thinks france is telling the truth.

as for nepthys him using a rehashed rqs was strange but foodciats answers were really wacky kinda funny.. not sure what to say.

I do wanna add that its really fun having foodcoats play and I kinda hope hes actually town. same for neph, I enjoy the new generation of players on here.

I was fundamentally against a damo lynch. I failed to act to try to save him.

bozo is null to me. hasnt solved anything.

I have no other reads at this time.
I don't think he would put so much of the focus on Jamiet if they were scum together.

xorxes

#1247 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:41 pm
I need to reread Netscape next.
Netflix seemed okay
If this is the scumteam they are really having fun at this point.

xorxes

#1248 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm
Jamie seems different but in a maturer more responsible way. hes playing better and isnt getting stuck in irrational death tunnels.

the only issue is the death tunnel on thdfrance was old jamie. and imo old jamie wouldve buried thdfrance for his slip.

so theres a vague possibility if france is wolf, jamie bussed there.

doesnt read that way though. reads more like jamie is trying not to get stuck.in tunnels for his usual irrational style
Did he have it and then lost it, or is it all a show?

xorxes

#1249 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:27 pm

DrCJG
Day-1 06:28
page 14 / orig
↑xorxes: "People I wouldn't vote for at this stage: bozo, Jamiet, foodcoats, Nephthys
People I'm not particularly inclined to vote..."
@Xorxes - Although there are reasons for town to avoid a position and try to blend in, I generally find hedging particularly on mechanics to be scum indicative. Town doesn't have as much information so it can be natural to be uncertain in reads... but when it comes to mechanics we are all on even footing.

With that in mind: Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes all posted similar gibberish regarding Bozo's propositions. They did not take aggressive negative postures like Brain/Jamie nor did they attempt to discuss it like I did. Instead, they each avoided an opinion or argument regarding it by stating they didn't think it would work because we wouldn't get everyone on board.

I find this reasoning to be scummy and the fact that you choose to attack my vote on you rather than properly address his proposition with a position doesn't help your case. In answer to your question, the scum motivation to hedge on a mechanics question is the same reason scum ever hedge to remain flexible while blending in...

While I am currently willing to vote for any of Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes, I was already getting scum vibes from you. You're posts have rarely seemed directed towards stirring the pot or forcing positions that can be helpful for solving the game, yet I think you are reading closely (then again maybe your reading comprehension is just higher than Jamie and Brain) and of the few questions you have asked there has been very little or no follow up.
love this post by DRCJC

this is towny in how he explores other elements of bozos lists. he looks at neph, xorx, thd, and worcej skeptically here and explains why. his reasoning on xorx is solid here and articulated in a non scummy way.
Ack! Really bb, solid? I had missed this. It was a bs argument even if we now know it came from town. This looks like buddying to me.

xorxes

#1250 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:53 pm

thdfrance
Day-1 32:04
page 6 / orig A no Lynch is a bad idea I think, granted I did consider it given the smaller format. But still I think we need some sort of info to get the game going, and just accepting a NK doesn’t give us much to work off of
tdhfrance is never doc or vig making this post. hes also thinking from perspective that there would be a successful nk as the only info source. hes also missed the phase today after lynching a PR.
I don't really see scum speculating about PRs so openly, even if it is brainbomb.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1251 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 am

Getting a popcorn and waiting for the conclusion.

xorxes

#1252 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:11 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:04 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:50 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:45 pm

what do you think of me jamie?
have I been loud and distracting to town?
what does that mean for your sense of awareness of me
First of all my re-read of Ike was very short because he made only one post and it had no substance.

Second Brainbomb I am leaning town on you. You are not being loud or distracting. However when you are very reserved and calm, it does make me wonder... Townlean for now.

Tell us more about your scumread on Xorxes?

xorxes is not scum. Jamie is amused here I scumread xorxes.
He will be even more amused if you lynch me.

xorxes

#1253 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 am
maybe you didnt get this.

and just in case you didnt... Jamie is voting xorxes as counter wagon to a town lynch with neph on that wagon

damo 4
xorx 3
ike 2
worcej 1

hes yelling at you to vote xorxes.

you say youd vote to tie it if those were the only options.

xorxes is cleared by this. jamie has no need to be trying to be on xorxes if hes scum with xorxes.

he ASKS you specifically to vote xorxes.

you confirm to him you would sooner tie it than risk lynching either.

Jamie doesnt want a tie here. think from his pov, what he wants is a last second shift onto xorx
I agree that Jamie's "acceptance" of Bozo creating a tie should further clear Xorxes... but I am not sure I make the leap to Bozo being scum... seems like Jamie could have been trying to play up Bozo into creating the tie to allow a scummate to eliminate the tie.
yes. also possible but I dont think bozos pushes or townreads ever actually are about finding info. he attacks people for mistakes and hits their achillies. he tried to use association wrt Jamie for days and days all while also defending Jamie excessively
Many posts with brainbomb trying to solve, I don't think that's fake.

xorxes

#1254 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:38 am

##vote rdrivera

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1255 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:27 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm

I agree that Jamie's "acceptance" of Bozo creating a tie should further clear Xorxes... but I am not sure I make the leap to Bozo being scum... seems like Jamie could have been trying to play up Bozo into creating the tie to allow a scummate to eliminate the tie.
yes. also possible but I dont think bozos pushes or townreads ever actually are about finding info. he attacks people for mistakes and hits their achillies. he tried to use association wrt Jamie for days and days all while also defending Jamie excessively
Many posts with brainbomb trying to solve, I don't think that's fake.
I agree with you.

##vote Xorxes

I was just waiting for you to vote me to be 100% sure about you.

Brain, now it's up to you.

brainbomb

#1256 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 am

sigh. I honestly dont know which of you it is. xorxes is making good poimts but about the wrong person. I dont care what he thinks of me at this point.

brainbomb

#1257 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:45 am

if Jamie bussed xorx as a counter wagon to damo simply because he didnt wanna risk 2 scum on damo or 2 scum on ike, Jamie couldve pushed worcej.

jamie wanted town bozo on xorxes, at eod 1 but why

brainbomb

#1258 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 am

bozos vote wouldve tied it at best. and caused wagon moves to get ancy.

jamie avoids damo either to keep scum looking confusing or he actually sought a xorx death opportunistically.

brainbomb

#1259 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:51 am

rdrivera2005

page 50 / orig I was looking D1 again as it´s the best source of information and tried to do some vote analysis. Jamiet and DrCJG were both voting Xorxes until 5 hours to go. Then Jamiet changed to Damo, pushing his lynch. Two possible reasons for this move: Xorxes is scum and he was bussing or DRCJ is scum and he don't want to stay on the same wagon.
Later Dr moved to Worcej and Xorxes have no votes. Then with almost one hour to go, Ike voted Xorxes.
Then in the last minute Jamiet also changed his vote to Xorxes and tryed to get Bozo to also change. Then Dr also moved back his vote to Xorxes.
I know I am voting for Dr now, but this analysis is indicating me that maybe I am wrong.
I see two reasons for Jamiet moving from Damo to Xorxes: trying to effectively lynch Xorxes, something really unlikely as Xorxes can still vote for Damo or he wants to distance himself from Nepthys who were already voting for Damo and maybe get a tie and a possible lynch of Bozo and Damo in the following days. In this case I can't see a scum DrCJG also voting Xorxes at the last minute.
This make me think I could be wrong and Dr could be town and Xorxes isn´t that clear as I thought. I still think Bozo is town, can't see Jamiet pushing a scum mate to tie the vote the way he did (well, considering Bozo didn´t tie, it's possible, but all the other interactions between them point me the other way).
Then we have Brain. I really dislike most of the Brain play, specially on D2, and his comment about not having a Vig seems really like PR fishing.
So I decided to give another look at Jamiet and Nepthys interactions before I made my mind and what stroke me as interesting is how Nepthys defended Jamiet until the end but never gave a clear read on him. He also throwed shade at almost every other player beside Brain and Xorxes.

brainbomb

#1260 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:53 am

##Vote rivera
##End