MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DrCJG

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#981 Post by DrCJG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:37 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 am
DrCJG wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:22 pm

So you think rdrivera was bussing Nephthys?
Yes, especially given it was a pretty weak bus.

@ Bozo - So you think Jamie bussed Xorxes D1 in the final 3 minutes with Damo offwagon, Brain on a low posting Ike, and you threatening to try and tie, which could have led to a shift in either direction?

Also, with it 5-1, a mislynch and a NK would put us at 3-1 (LYLO) such that a no lynch would make it 2-1 (MYLO)... given we have a townclear, I don't think no-lynching gets us much... but I am not sure how it hurts us... thoughts?
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:58 pm
At this point I think Nephthys is scum. The other one is harder to see, it could be DrCJ or maybe Brain.
I have a solid townread on Bozo and a not so solid on Xorxes.
rdrivera lists Nephthys as his top scum read, not something I would characterize as a weak bus.
Yeah, I would say listing someone as scum during the night by saying a "post gave a really bad feeling about Nephthys, like he have just understood Jamiet can't be saved and decided to move on..." to be a pretty weak bus... especially when he goes on to tell Food to only listen to Worcej when deciding who to shoot.

DrCJG

#982 Post by DrCJG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 am
Some other comments:

Knowing brainbomb and xorxes are not both scum, I think I was reading too much into the Jamie/brainbomb/xorxes connections.

It is likely xorxes was right about DrCJG D1 and I was wrong.

brainbomb is hard to read, but his frequent changes in direction are not inconsistent with what he has done repeatedly as town, and his reaction to the Nephthys shot is what I would expect from him as town.

I like rdrivera's reads, and not just because he town read me. He was proven correct about Nephthys, I know he is correct about me, and I suspect he is correct about xorxes.

I think Nephthys push on thdfrance makes rdrivera very likely town, and DrCJG is voting for rdrivera without addressing that Nephthys would have had to be bussing thdfrance.
I know I am OMGUSing... but come on Bozo... what is this nonsense... you basically just throw out flattery to everyone else like you think that is going to soften them up to agree with you.

Your "comment" that Xorxes being right D1 is pure fluff, why are you buddying him.

You see me being correct about Neph as damning, but praise rdr's read.

And (albeit I am currently reconsidering my vote on thdfrance) I don't think it is unlikely that Neph bus thdfrance.

DrCJG

#983 Post by DrCJG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 am
maybe you didnt get this.

and just in case you didnt... Jamie is voting xorxes as counter wagon to a town lynch with neph on that wagon

damo 4
xorx 3
ike 2
worcej 1

hes yelling at you to vote xorxes.

you say youd vote to tie it if those were the only options.

xorxes is cleared by this. jamie has no need to be trying to be on xorxes if hes scum with xorxes.

he ASKS you specifically to vote xorxes.

you confirm to him you would sooner tie it than risk lynching either.

Jamie doesnt want a tie here. think from his pov, what he wants is a last second shift onto xorx
I agree that Jamie's "acceptance" of Bozo creating a tie should further clear Xorxes... but I am not sure I make the leap to Bozo being scum... seems like Jamie could have been trying to play up Bozo into creating the tie to allow a scummate to eliminate the tie.

bozotheclown

#984 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 am
DrCJG wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:34 pm
Sorry I forgot about the game... reading, what’s going on.
This seems like an excuse for inactivity, i doubt he forgot about the game.
Eh, believe me or don't... I had tickets to see Hamilton Friday night and was watching football on Saturday.
I can believe you were busy, but did you forget about the game?

DrCJG

#985 Post by DrCJG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 pm
@ rdr - what is your reason for the "solid townread" on Bozo?
The way he engaged with Jamiet on D1 and also this quote:
bozotheclown
Night-1 23:27
page 20 / orig
I do not think Jamie would defend worcej like he has if they were both scum, but if worcej is town, I could see Jamie being scum defending worcej.
Hardly see Mafia bussing his roleblocker at N1.
There has been some interesting use of the phrase "bussing" ... you claimed:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:22 pm
First, I was not bussing Nephthys because I haven´t even played in a day before, I was scumreading him.

I don't think you were really bussing Neph... but what does it matter that you haven't even played in a day before.... furthermore, you claimed that scum!Bozo wouldn't bus his roleblocker N1... when all Bozo said was that Jamie and Worcej could not both be scum but that Jamie could be scum with Worcej town....

Clearly I have a different understanding of a strong bus from some others in this game... cause I don't view a weak comment like that as much of a bus.

Bozo voted Worcej D1... then D2 he opens with a lynch pool of Jamie, thdfrance, and worcej... but votes Jamie "since he has failed to address a number of my questions" ... which looks to me like an easy way to back out of a vote... so if it was enough to qualify as a "bus" then he set himself up with room to back out of a vote on his roleblocker... and if scum is going to use their roleblocker to NK (which I assume they did in killing Ike) then that is the perfect scummate to bus.

@ Rdr - Do you have other reasons for solidly townreading bozo?

bozotheclown

#986 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 am
Some other comments:

Knowing brainbomb and xorxes are not both scum, I think I was reading too much into the Jamie/brainbomb/xorxes connections.

It is likely xorxes was right about DrCJG D1 and I was wrong.

brainbomb is hard to read, but his frequent changes in direction are not inconsistent with what he has done repeatedly as town, and his reaction to the Nephthys shot is what I would expect from him as town.

I like rdrivera's reads, and not just because he town read me. He was proven correct about Nephthys, I know he is correct about me, and I suspect he is correct about xorxes.

I think Nephthys push on thdfrance makes rdrivera very likely town, and DrCJG is voting for rdrivera without addressing that Nephthys would have had to be bussing thdfrance.
I know I am OMGUSing... but come on Bozo... what is this nonsense... you basically just throw out flattery to everyone else like you think that is going to soften them up to agree with you.

Your "comment" that Xorxes being right D1 is pure fluff, why are you buddying him.

You see me being correct about Neph as damning, but praise rdr's read.

And (albeit I am currently reconsidering my vote on thdfrance) I don't think it is unlikely that Neph bus thdfrance.
I was just pointing out why I think I was wrong about a brainbomb/xorxes scum team. However, brainbomb's initial agreement and vote for you followed by him changing his mind and coming after me makes me wonder if he suddenly realized he would be my choice for the next lynch if you flipped town, based on this:
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 am
Town; Neph, Brain, CJG, Worcej, food
Scum; Bozo, Xorxes, rdriver

Shoot a scum.

DrCJG

#987 Post by DrCJG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 pm
DrCJG wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 am

This seems like an excuse for inactivity, i doubt he forgot about the game.
Eh, believe me or don't... I had tickets to see Hamilton Friday night and was watching football on Saturday.
Yeah, I did. But, I can't prove I forgot about the game for 36 hours or so... so believe me or don't...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#988 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I was looking D1 again as it´s the best source of information and tried to do some vote analysis. Jamiet and DrCJG were both voting Xorxes until 5 hours to go. Then Jamiet changed to Damo, pushing his lynch. Two possible reasons for this move: Xorxes is scum and he was bussing or DRCJ is scum and he don't want to stay on the same wagon.
Later Dr moved to Worcej and Xorxes have no votes. Then with almost one hour to go, Ike voted Xorxes.
Then in the last minute Jamiet also changed his vote to Xorxes and tryed to get Bozo to also change. Then Dr also moved back his vote to Xorxes.
I know I am voting for Dr now, but this analysis is indicating me that maybe I am wrong.
I see two reasons for Jamiet moving from Damo to Xorxes: trying to effectively lynch Xorxes, something really unlikely as Xorxes can still vote for Damo or he wants to distance himself from Nepthys who were already voting for Damo and maybe get a tie and a possible lynch of Bozo and Damo in the following days. In this case I can't see a scum DrCJG also voting Xorxes at the last minute.
This make me think I could be wrong and Dr could be town and Xorxes isn´t that clear as I thought. I still think Bozo is town, can't see Jamiet pushing a scum mate to tie the vote the way he did (well, considering Bozo didn´t tie, it's possible, but all the other interactions between them point me the other way).
Then we have Brain. I really dislike most of the Brain play, specially on D2, and his comment about not having a Vig seems really like PR fishing.
So I decided to give another look at Jamiet and Nepthys interactions before I made my mind and what stroke me as interesting is how Nepthys defended Jamiet until the end but never gave a clear read on him. He also throwed shade at almost every other player beside Brain and Xorxes.
Nephthys
Day-1 22:50
page 9 /orig

Sadly, not much development so far.

Some more thoughts from what I can see

Bozo -slight townlean - comes straight in discussing claiming, did something similar in M40 (as scum). To his credit though, he does seem to be pushing it a little harder this game. Would like someone to weigh in a little on his town meta/refer me to such a game.

CJG - townlean - Was scum with me in cultafia and so I paid a reasonable amount of attention to his style of posting, seems different here.

Food - slight scumlean - awkward first posts but seems to be throwing the whole new thing around a little too much for my liking

Damo - scumlean - hasn't really contributed too much in my opinion, making a reasonable amount of posts about not much. Would like to hear some thought out opinions from him, notably very little reasoning behind most of his posts (#122).

Worcej - claimed town?

Everyone else is either null, hasn't posted enough or is called brainbomb.

Nephthys
Day-1 00:03
page 18 /orig
Just did some re-reading,

I find food, thd, worecj, Ike and damo to be relatively light on content.

For today I am willing to excuse food for being newer and still getting to grips with life.
Ike hasn't really been around at all but jumps on xorxes. I personally don't find the whole favours thing that concerning as of now.
Damo has ?decided? not to defend himself, would be perhaps open to giving him another day, if not though he's my first pick lynch tomorrow for now.

I am happy to lynch any of the above but honestly would prefer thd or worecj. I will alter my vote if necessary.

Nephthys
Night-1 22:51
page 20 /orig
↑bozotheclown: "Maybe Jamie is the scum, and the scum team is thdfrance, Jamie, brainbomb. Or maybe Jamie was bussing xorxes and it is ..."
What is the case on both jamie and brain (individually)

Does jamies extend beyond the defense of worecj?

Does brains extend beyond him not spamming?

Nephthys
Night-1 22:14
page 20 /orig
@bozo, would you mind posting a full read list for me, I'm struggling to put together some things.

With regards to your explanations I can see, to a degree, where you are coming from although I don't think Jamie would jump off a lead wagon when it is that close if he was scum. One vote would have swung it to either No lynch or Xorxes. I don't see a reason for a scum Jamie to change his vote last minute like that.

Personally I am town reading Jamie more now.

Nephthys
Day-2 43:27
page 29 /orig
Just read the last 5 pages or so, thoughts are,

- Food appears scummier
- I revert my townclear of CJG (was based of meta)
- Tdh is still my top scumread
- I don't understand the case on bozo (assuming it extends past the hypoclaim)
- Brain's excerpts from scum chat are my favourite thing in the world
- There still seems like a lot of filler posts from people (I want to especially mention worecj)
So, looking the posts above from Nepthys he do remember that Jamiet and Brain exist but either ignored them or townread Jamiet and softed a townread on Brain. To be honest, he also ignored Xorxes in almost all his posts. So, I think it´s either Brain or Xorxes.
The Nepthys interaction with Brain and my gut feeling is telling me it´s Brain.

##vote Brain

bozotheclown

#989 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
DrCJG wrote:

Yeah, I did. But, I can't prove I forgot about the game for 36 hours or so... so believe me or don't...
It just seems suspicious, like something scum would say to explain lurking.

DrCJG

#990 Post by DrCJG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

It just seems suspicious, like something scum would say to explain lurking.
Sure does. Of course they could also say they were busy as others have... or they could just not lurk... either way, I respect that you can't know and if you think lurking would have benefited scum!DrCJG D2 then by all means when you are reading to see if I could be scum then make the assumption.

That said, I am not scum and I did forget about the game for most of D2 so try not to tunnel on me, and if you scumread me for other things that I can explain, please ask.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#991 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:22 pm

So, Bozo and Dr, what do you think of my analysis on Nephthys and vote on Brain?

DrCJG

#992 Post by DrCJG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:55 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:22 pm
So, Bozo and Dr, what do you think of my analysis on Nephthys and vote on Brain?
I feel like we have proven that we can all read Neph to fit our own theories... I think if we were closer to EOD your vote on Brain would be pretty bold for scum... but at this point its NAI... as for your arguments against Brain, they have convinced me to stop assuming Brain is town in my reread, but I didn't think his D2 as scummy as you do.

bozotheclown

#993 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
I did not realize how Nephthys avoided giving reads on brainbomb or xorxes until the end of N2:
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:55 am
This is more of an ordered off the top of my head

Town

Neph
Worcej
Food
Brain
Cjd
Bozo
Xorxes
Driver

Scum
I don't know if he would put a scum xorxes in his top two scum reads when foodcoats said xorxes was his top choice to shoot at the beginning on N2. On the other hand, maybe he would if he thought xorxes was about to get shot.

To answer your question, I think you could be right about brainbomb, which makes me uncertain on DrCJG or brainbomb as the best lynch choice.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#994 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
I did not realize how Nephthys avoided giving reads on brainbomb or xorxes until the end of N2:
Nephthys wrote:

Town

Neph
Worcej
Food
Brain
Cjd
Bozo
Xorxes
Driver

Scum
I don't know if he would put a scum xorxes in his top two scum reads when foodcoats said xorxes was his top choice to shoot at the beginning on N2. On the other hand, maybe he would if he thought xorxes was about to get shot.

To answer your question, I think you could be right about brainbomb, which makes me uncertain on DrCJG or brainbomb as the best lynch choice.
This list is one of the reasons I think Brain is more likely then Xorxes, but you're right, we all have our conf bias on reading him (I think less on my case as I started it having Dr as my top scumread)

bozotheclown

#995 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

Town

Neph
Worcej
Food
Brain
Cjd
Bozo
Xorxes
Driver

Scum

This list is one of the reasons I think Brain is more likely then Xorxes, but you're right, we all have our conf bias on reading him (I think less on my case as I started it having Dr as my top scumread)

Nephthys posted this D2 as part of he Jamie analysis:
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:10 am
Possible scumteams assuming Jamie flips scum
- Jamie - Bozo - Food
- Jamie - Xorxes - Food
This shows Nephthys started scum reading xorxes earlier than I thought, and this was obviously before foodcoats claimed, so he had no reason to think xorxes was at risk of being shot. I may be making an assumption that Nephthys does not like to bus, but I suspect he would not list his other teammate with Jamie here.

brainbomb

#996 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm

not sure what to make of rdrivera case. I think theres instances where I name the scumteam - or attempted to in such a way that it was solving, not bussing.

brainbomb

#997 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 pm

my read Day 2 pre worcej claim
​TOWN
Drcjcj
worcej
foodcoats
jamiet​99uk
bozo

scum
xorx
tdhfrance
​neph
brainbomb
Day-2 25:02
page 32 / orig and now we come to the grandest ISO of them all
the maker of cheese
the burgermeister himself
the prognosticator
the cod peice wearer

jamesq mcburgerstein 1999uk y2k virus guy
■Jamie is a member of a terror group
■THDfrance isnt
■Jamie catches france unaware that the terrorists are good guys
■Jamie laying an early trap

PROBLEMS
■Jamie gives up on his trap really easily

■Upset about peterbot
■upset about worcej being voted
■upset bozo is proposing no lynch
■random reasoning on both damo and tdhfrance
classic Jamie.
suddenly Jamie thinks bozo and france are town. bozo town for proposing no lynch. strange reason to townread someone even for a man as wild as Jamie. too strange.

Jamie cant help but appreciate townies playing anti town when hes scum.

**EVENTS ON PAGE 6-8**
■Damo voted worcej
■TDH voted worcej
■bozo is voting no lynch
■brain is voting xorxes
■xorxes is voting damo
■DR CGJC unvotes foodcoats
■foodcoats voting damo

here if xorxes is town, the scumteam is exactly jamie, worcej, neph

##Vote Jamie99uk

jamie is frantic pages 6-8 because worcej is getting voted and scum is losing control of the thread.

before worcej claimed I had Jamie and neph in my world of 3 scum with worcej.

brainbomb

#998 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 pm

brainbomb
Day-2 24:35
neph is kinda just barely okay this page. not my top lynch anyway.

the fact jamie is so frantic pages 6-8 is what makes me think scum was in trouble there. which based on damo dying, can only mean worcej is scum.
this entire player pool was lynchable here
no way in hell id ever double bus

brainbomb

#999 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm

later neph posts alot and looked solvy. I lost my scent on him because he played well.

brainbomb

#1000 Post by brainbomb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 am
maybe you didnt get this.

and just in case you didnt... Jamie is voting xorxes as counter wagon to a town lynch with neph on that wagon

damo 4
xorx 3
ike 2
worcej 1

hes yelling at you to vote xorxes.

you say youd vote to tie it if those were the only options.

xorxes is cleared by this. jamie has no need to be trying to be on xorxes if hes scum with xorxes.

he ASKS you specifically to vote xorxes.

you confirm to him you would sooner tie it than risk lynching either.

Jamie doesnt want a tie here. think from his pov, what he wants is a last second shift onto xorx
I agree that Jamie's "acceptance" of Bozo creating a tie should further clear Xorxes... but I am not sure I make the leap to Bozo being scum... seems like Jamie could have been trying to play up Bozo into creating the tie to allow a scummate to eliminate the tie.
yes. also possible but I dont think bozos pushes or townreads ever actually are about finding info. he attacks people for mistakes and hits their achillies. he tried to use association wrt Jamie for days and days all while also defending Jamie excessively