Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#481 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:41 am
Flum's vote on ND:
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm
##Vote ND
Willing to switch to Ezio
Later explanation of vote:
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm
ND has so far thrown a bunch of shade, and voted Squiggs when his wagon was getting pretty big. The closer to deadline it's getting and the more likely squiggs will get lynched, the more confident he seems to be getting on his vote.

This seems like lazy scum to me.
Flum's reasoning here isn't actually true. ND wasn't getting more confident in his vote as time went on. In fact, pretty much all of ND's push on me was before his vote. Why are you mischaracterizing ND here?
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 pm
I'm voting for ND because his vote for Squiggs and the progression of his thought process for that vote didn't seem genuine at all.
What separated ND's thought process of voting me from Fox's or Tom's?
Nah. ND threw a bunch of shade. Then he had it narrowed down to you or Ezio. Then it becomes narrowed down to you. I didn't follow but apparently it was town narrowing it down.

Fluminator

#482 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Fox, you going to be around next end of day? The only other game I was in with you, you were scum and you always either avoided eod or awkwardly stood there when it happened. I'd like to know if I can expect you to be around next time. (I mean real life is important so I'm not judging, but you know I'm curious)

Fluminator

#483 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:25 am
Two confirmed town ended the day on squiggs after a wagon came from seemly nowhere to bring him down.

I think the votes that look the worst are the people who shifted from Damian to ND at the moment.

That's Xorxes and Vecna (with a pitstop on RD). Flum also looks bad, but not as much because of his votes as his play.
Ezio, this is annoying because I know you're smart but you havent been showing it this game. Where were you the entire phase? How did you think people would react to your first long post? Do you really think it's so simple that the people who led a lynch on ND are now suspicious? Is it that simple to you?

If you're saying the wagon was suspicious that means you think another top wagon was scum being protected. Who?

Foxcastle

#484 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Fox, you going to be around next end of day? The only other game I was in with you, you were scum and you always either avoided eod or awkwardly stood there when it happened. I'd like to know if I can expect you to be around next time. (I mean real life is important so I'm not judging, but you know I'm curious)
Awkward standing is kinda my forte, but I expect to be around EOD on Wednesday and Friday, but I have a dinner on Sunday (EOD 4) that I probably won't check in from.

damian

#485 Post by damian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:09 pm

@ Foxcastle: "For what it's worth after the fact*, I would have probably voted for Squigs if I had been present. I was comfortable with a Damian lynch, but Squigs was an actual scumread over an effective null on ND."

So you were comfortable with lynching me, scum read Squig, and null on ND.
Why no mention of Ezio, the person you were actually voting for?

@Ezio "Like,
Foxcastle, Damian, Flum, Vecna, Xorxes...
Where are you all? You can't ALL be scum and trying to avoid attention? Are we just all trying shitty new metas? "

Tonally this feels exactly the same as your opening post. It feels like you're fishing for towncred. At lot of people had said they were calling it for the evening and coming back in the morning. There was no mystery where everyone was.

damian

#486 Post by damian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Everything weird around Squig is hard to interpret.
1.) Tom was pushing for him hard and wound up dead.
2.) Squig recently posted a bunch of questions for Tom, despite Tom being dead.

It feels almost staged to me. Too many coincidences. But trying to go too far down that road is WIFOM, I guess.

Also I agree with Vecna. Ezio's plan was bad if we were using that as a primary means of lynching people. Its not necessarily a bad thing to use those criteria to influence your decisions.

But, mentioning it in the way that he did, including himself as a target, feels like fishing for town-cred. Also highlighting the idea will tend to subtly shape peoples way of thinking. If Ezio is scum, presumably he feels this way of thinking won't hurt his teammates.

Foxcastle

#487 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Running through EOD, from about page 16.

Flum and Vecna start the ND wagon. If one or both of them is scum, why bring up a new wagon when you already have Bozo (2), Ezio (2), and Damian (2) as viable counterwagons to Squigs (4). At that point, the theory that either Flum or Vecna is scum would need to also include that Squigs is scum, with one of Bozo, Ezio, or Damian also scum, and so Flum or Vecna pushed a new wagon to try to make sure there were as many alternates as possible to save both Squigs and whichever of Bozo, Ezio, and Damian was scum. That seems overly complicated.

Only Squigs and Damian ended up voting ND from that scenario. Bozo was on Squigs and Ezio was on Damian, and those were static votes (Ezio was not around for EOD). Damian's wagon had evaporated by the time he voted, so it wasn't out of self-preservation. Squigs did need to vote ND out of self-preservation.

Actual question for more experienced players: when scum get a wagon like Squigs, how often do their scummates actually come through with a counterwagon to save them? I feel like that discussion comes up a lot on Day 2, but does it ever actually happen? I don't think I've seen it, but they do have a day chat that would facilitate it...

Ezio and Damian were both viable wagons 15 minutes out. Xorxes was the third vote on ND to kinda push them down. I don't see scum in Flum + Vecna + Xorxes, but I admit that those are three that are hard for me to read.

So Squigs, Damian, and Rdrivera are what I see as scum options on ND. But I doubt it's all three of them. From what I've seen, if they can, scum will try to spread themselves out across wagons. If Squigs is scum, did ghug or Bozo bus him, or was that too risky and either Ezio was lurking on Damian, or Balki or I were camping out on Ezio?

Foxcastle

#488 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 pm

damian wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:09 pm
@ Foxcastle: "For what it's worth after the fact*, I would have probably voted for Squigs if I had been present. I was comfortable with a Damian lynch, but Squigs was an actual scumread over an effective null on ND."

So you were comfortable with lynching me, scum read Squig, and null on ND.
Why no mention of Ezio, the person you were actually voting for?
I had explained my vote on Ezio already when I voted for him. My point is more that I would have left Ezio for the Squigs wagon in part to save ND because even if I didn't think he was clearly town, I didn't think he was scum, either. I probably wouldn't have voted for you, Damian, since you're behind Ezio and Squigs for me, but I think there's a reasonable chance you could be scum and would be curious to see that flip.

Fluminator

#489 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 pm
I'll be back soon.
Theres enough scumminess going around that town reads are being sold for cheap right now so nows your chance to get in my good books.
Thank you bozotheclown.
Still interested in applications from squiggs, rdrivera, and ezio.

Foxcastle

#490 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 pm
I'll be back soon.
Theres enough scumminess going around that town reads are being sold for cheap right now so nows your chance to get in my good books.
Thank you bozotheclown.
Still interested in applications from squiggs, rdrivera, and ezio.
What does this mean? Bozo didn't post between your two messages. What are you thanking him for?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#491 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Squiggles is probably town for the Tom thing.

Flum, did bozo convince you he's town? How?

Fluminator

#492 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 pm

what. really ghug? squiggs is town for that?

bozo was pretty town on a reread.

Foxcastle

#493 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 pm
Squiggles is probably town for the Tom thing.
Which Tom thing?

Fluminator

#494 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:22 pm

hmmm, except his town-shade on ND 2 minutes before the flip is still pretty bad. gah.

Fluminator

#495 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:24 pm

eh, he's town enough.

damian

#496 Post by damian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I knew something seemed wrong about Fox's post.
I'm really not sure "I was comfortable with a damian lynch" is coming from. It doesn't make sense as a post mortem on his voting.

His vote for Ezio came after the wagon on me was already down to 2 people.
He also posted about Squig and ND on page 18 after the ND wagon had started rolling.

I was no longer particularly likely to be lynched when he was making his votes. Feels odd, like he was just looking for something to say about the day

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#497 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 pm

You don't forget you killed someone less than a day after killing them. You might forget someone died if you were more focused on the flip that happened at the same time.

Bozo was impressive as scum last game, and I don't see anything super townie here. Not ready to townread.

Ezio is for sure town pls trust.

You and xorxes are probably scum.

Fluminator

#498 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Has Foxy ever been scum a second time since his first game?

damian

#499 Post by damian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Flum, explain to me how being aggressively against sharing information or thought processes is town behaviour? I don't get the motivation.

Fluminator

#500 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:32 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:29 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 pm

You don't forget you killed someone less than a day after killing them.
It's impossible he's faking a townslip? Considering you do that all the time (even as town) why isn't that a possibility for you?