MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#461 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Xorxes' play looks very superficial and opportunistic. It's a bit of a gut read, I'll be honest. I've played a lot of games with Xorxes.

In the morning I'll re-read him in detail.... assuming I'm still alive, of course.

Jamiet99uk

#462 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Looking back at the Damo wagon.

ThdFrance looks the most likely of those people to be scum. Apart from his engagement with me over the potential scumslip thing, most of his posts were just about game mechanics. When he voted for Damo, in the same post as his vote he said he had no strong reads, rather as if he knew Damo was not scum and wanted to have an excuse ready.

DrCJG

#463 Post by DrCJG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:37 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:46 pm
I did a review of DrCJG's press, I'm on my phone now and don't have my notes, but it was dominated by mechanics and also justified voting according to meta or strategy and no reading of players. There was some reading of worcej but as I said it seemed high level, like I'm Austria so I want to avoid allying with Turkey if possible but without considering all the involved player dynamics.

This is now feeling similar to my read of thdfrance: they both said some things that sounded nice or at least none threatening to my nubile ears, but now I can see more clearly that they haven't given me good reasons to see them as town.

I wouldn't say i have a hard read on either of them, especially having learned my lesson with damo, but it's striking compared to Neph for example.

Also I note that DrCJG made a "oh darn guys" post after lynching damo then disappeared and thd is absent. This suggests they may be hiding in mobchat and that they've left their third in the main topic to assuage fears and be a deep threat.
I think you are right, you shouldn't have a good reason to see me as town... I would be very interested if you had a "good reason" to see anyone as any role after D1. Of note, I am not one to "read people," I depend more on analyzing positions, reasoning for positions, and votes. Hence my reason to push people D1 to state positions, give reasons, and vote in a useful way. That said, my votes on Xorxes and Worcej were both very much based on "reading" them... so I would appreciate getting a better understanding of what you think is striking in a comparison of Neph to thdFrance and myself.

As for my "oh darn guys" post followed by disappearing: 1) I was annoyed, given that there was no movement at the EOD until Jamie and I moved to Xorxes it seemed very likely to me that Damo was town and that we weren't even getting good info; 2) I am a firm believer that town doesn't benefit from real discussion during the night (though I do recommend posting a readlist right near the end of the night); and 3) I wanted to get some work done since it was 3:00 PM on a Thursday.
foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:27 pm
@Bozo: In terms of Xorxes, I am persuaded by the arguments that DrCJG and Brainbomb have made. In addition, he enthusiastically joined in with your pointless hounding of Worcej, in a manner which seemed very opportunistic. I didn't get the feeling he genuinely suspected Worc with any great sincerity.
Just reread xorxes' press and I'm inclined to think xorxes is town. Coupled with me reading CJG as scum now I am worried about Jamie, who maybe metawise knows xorxes is strong and wants to get rid of xor, and is bolstering CJG's image.

Thd / cjg / jaime scumteam?
It is completely possible that scum!Jamie knows both Xorxes and Damo are town and tried to trade a mislynch on Damo for a mislynch on Xorxes... though it would be a rather bold move and I think unlikely. I'll say more in my readlist later tonight.

Jamiet99uk

#464 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Foodcoats comes across as towny to me.

Foodcoats have you played mafia or werewolf elsewhere? For a new player you seem to have a good grasp of things.

Jamiet99uk

#465 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:40 pm

@DRCJG: Do you no longer think Xorxes is scum then?

Jamiet99uk

#466 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:41 pm

I need to reread Netscape next.

DrCJG

#467 Post by DrCJG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:40 pm
? I am not sure what this is based on... I think it very unlikely that he is scum IF you are scum...

that said, I will post a readlist at EON

brainbomb

#468 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 pm

bozo feels like scum trying super super hard to help PR but hes actually just trying to use his polling shit to identify them

brainbomb

#469 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:41 pm
I need to reread Netscape next.
Netflix seemed okay

Jamiet99uk

#470 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:56 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
? I am not sure what this is based on... I think it very unlikely that he is scum IF you are scum...

Well you were just speculating about me trying to get Xorxes mislynched.

brainbomb

#471 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:56 pm

DRCGJC is the only person ive got no read on. hes a very slinky slink type o fella

Jamiet99uk

#472 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 pm
bozo feels like scum trying super super hard to help PR but hes actually just trying to use his polling shit to identify them
Bozo is so far taking the role you usually occupy.

bozotheclown

#473 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:52 am
The problem with today's result is that it shows Damo is just rather bad at the game, which will make him rather hard to read when he really is scum.

I would rather have lynched Xorxes but there we go.

@Brainbomb: Do you still suspect Xorxes? Would you vote for him tomorrow? Do you want us to do a BLAM?
Weren't you scum with damo is a game? It sounds like you are making an excuse for scum reading damo. If you preferred to lynch xorxes, why didn't you make a case against him? Why did you wait until EOD to move your vote back to xorxes, and why did you use an invalid format when you voted for xorxes?

bozotheclown

#474 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:04 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:27 pm
@Bozo: In terms of Xorxes, I am persuaded by the arguments that DrCJG and Brainbomb have made. In addition, he enthusiastically joined in with your pointless hounding of Worcej, in a manner which seemed very opportunistic. I didn't get the feeling he genuinely suspected Worc with any great sincerity.
Well, at least that part you got somewhat right. I thought worcej being coy about hardcaliming was slight scum indicative but no more than that. When DrCJG voted worcej it made me want to vote for him even less. And I wasn't getting any town vibes from damo either.

What exactly was brainboomb's argument that persuaded you that I'm scum? (I know what DrCJG's argument is and I'm sure it is rather extremely persuasive.)
Did you think damo was more likely to be scum than worcej when the vote was 4-3 and you moved your vote to RagingIke instead of damo or worcej?

brainbomb

#475 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Jamie seems different but in a maturer more responsible way. hes playing better and isnt getting stuck in irrational death tunnels.

the only issue is the death tunnel on thdfrance was old jamie. and imo old jamie wouldve buried thdfrance for his slip.

so theres a vague possibility if france is wolf, jamie bussed there.

doesnt read that way though. reads more like jamie is trying not to get stuck.in tunnels for his usual irrational style

brainbomb

#476 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm

if Jamie is a wolf hes doing one hell of a job because I dont see it.

DrCJG

#477 Post by DrCJG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:56 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Well you were just speculating about me trying to get Xorxes mislynched.
I'd argue the opposite... I was stating that food's theory that you were scum trying to get Xorxes mislynched was unlikely... though I suppose my phrasing made it come across awkwardly and hedgey.

DrCJG

#478 Post by DrCJG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm
Jamie seems different but in a maturer more responsible way. hes playing better and isnt getting stuck in irrational death tunnels.

the only issue is the death tunnel on thdfrance was old jamie. and imo old jamie wouldve buried thdfrance for his slip.

doesnt read that way though. reads more like jamie is trying not to get stuck.in tunnels for his usual irrational style
I feel almost exactly the same way.... but hearing you say it... about Jamie... now I don't know.

xorxes

#479 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Did you think damo was more likely to be scum than worcej when the vote was 4-3 and you moved your vote to RagingIke instead of damo or worcej?
I wasn't sure. My thinking at the time was that if I voted for worcej then damo would also vote for worcej in self defense at the end and that worcej would be lynched, but I was (and still am) pretty sure that DrCJG is scum and I was not at all sure about worcej or damo.

brainbomb

#480 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:27 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm

I feel almost exactly the same way.... but hearing you say it... about Jamie... now I don't know.
again with the associative read. people should know better than to try to string vote. its fun to catch a whole team, but its much easier to do when there arent tons of strings attached. bill is wolf with bob but bob is only wolf with joe if bill is bobs cousin. if bobs cousin ate a donut today gerald is the wolf but only if the donut was creme filled.

problem is when you start using your imagination more than just basic wolf identification you can start jumping at shadowplay and miss larger wolfier moments.

if jamie flips wolf I already know im the next lynch. I will reread Jamie but I stand by my consideration hes just playing more responsibly which is ironically not any better.