MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#241 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:10 am

france seemed kinda scummy like he was trying to recover from being perceptually caught in a lie wrt role pm. his whole thing about terrorists not claiming to be terrorists felt like he was trying to be funny about being caught lying.

##VOTE TDHFRANCE

worcej

#242 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 am

And yes, these are all facts: I have said I don’t fake claim. I have now HC’ed town because my rather soft comment that I have been on a run of town was not good enough apparently.

If every game you are going to push for me to do this, someday I will have to lie if I draw scum. I can’t argue that, because it is unsustainable if your choice is to pressure me like this every game. But I am not lying this game and I am indeed another boring town role. I guess I shouldn’t soft peddle that either, I am a VT once again.

If you don’t believe me in this game, then vote for me now. There is no point in berating this further.

brainbomb

#243 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 am

worcej isnt scum, its xorxes and france. bozo is a blithering fucking idiot whos derailed the game into some self flagellating masturbatory experience.

we get bozo is pr. literally telegraphed himself as one so much nobody even cares anymore.

brainbomb

#244 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:46 am

psst, im actually fired up at this gamestate. come fight me assholes

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#245 Post by peterlund » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:01 am

The bot had problems reading some blockqoute. Problem handled / bug fixed. Now the bot seems to be up and running.

Regards,
Peter from the breakfast table in Port Ghalib

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#246 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:04 am

##GM Note:

+1ing peterlund is not only allowed but encouraged

Jamiet99uk

#247 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Ok, well I suppose I should thank Bozo for finding the Worcej quotes his dumb-ass "case" is supposedly built on. Thanks, Bozo.

However they don't help his cause very much.

Here are the quotes from Worcej in previous games, on which Bozo's case relies:
I will play this terrible card. I hard-claimed the kit. I've never lied when I used the HC in the 3 games I've done it.
Comment: This is a statement, made in a previous game, which states that Worcej had never made a fake hardclaim, up to that point (in all of 3 games Worcej had been in). This is absolutely not a statement from Worcej that he never would fakeclaim as scum - just that he had never done so at that point (which is now in the past).
I do not recall ever HC'ing in that game

Note: "That game" being the newbie game that was Worcej's first ever appearance.

Comment: This is only a statement that he doesn't remember making a hardclaim in his first ever game.

Conclusion: Bozo's case is much, much weaker than he has attempted to present. He wanted us to believe that Worcej had a stated policy, like some fucking moral code, of never, ever, hardclaiming as scum. He has failed to prove that Worcej ever stated such a position.

I just want to say one more thing about the mis-use of the term "claim" in this game, particularly by Bozo, but also by Damo. Consider these three statements:

1) "I am the Vigilante! It was I who shot Ezio!"
2) "Don't lynch me, I am a valuable Town PR!"
3) "I am not scum"

Statement (1) is a claim. It is a textbook hard claim.
Statement (2) while somewhat vaguer, is also a form of hard claim.

Statement (3) is not, in any meaningful sense, a claim. It is certainly not a hard claim. This is a game in which if you are not town, you will always nonetheless want to be read as town. Since everyone wants to come across as town and nobody wants to be read as scum, just generally saying you're on the side of the town and not the scum is not a meaningful or relevant claim in any way whatsoever, because pretty much everyone either makes it, implies it, or wants to be read as if they have.

Bozo is behaving as if saying "I'm town" is not only a claim, but a significant hard claim. This is bollocks.

Jamiet99uk

#248 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Current Reads:

SURE-FIRE TOWN: Jamiet99uk

PROBABLY TOWN: Brainbomb

TOWN-LEANS: ThdFrance, Foodcoats, Worcej, Netphys, DrCRG

VILLAGE IDIOT: Bozo

NULL: RagingIke (where is my buddy Isaac?)

SCUM SUSPECTS: Xorxes, Damo666

Comments on my reads:

1. Clearly either RagingIke is scum with Damo and Xorxes and is the deep cover, or I am wrong about one of my town-leans.

2. You may ask why Worcej is only a townlean for me, not a strong town, since I have apparently put a lot of effot into defending him. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not defending Worcej, I'm saying that the case made against him by Bozo (with some input from Xorxes and Damo666 too) is a steaming pile of crap, because it is. If Worcej is scum, that has little or nothing to do with Bozo's incompetent theories.

brainbomb

#249 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:30 pm
Current Reads:

SURE-FIRE TOWN: Jamiet99uk

PROBABLY TOWN: Brainbomb

TOWN-LEANS: ThdFrance, Foodcoats, Worcej, Netphys, DrCRG

VILLAGE IDIOT: Bozo

NULL: RagingIke (where is my buddy Isaac?)

SCUM SUSPECTS: Xorxes, Damo666

Comments on my reads:

1. Clearly either RagingIke is scum with Damo and Xorxes and is the deep cover, or I am wrong about one of my town-leans.

2. You may ask why Worcej is only a townlean for me, not a strong town, since I have apparently put a lot of effot into defending him. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not defending Worcej, I'm saying that the case made against him by Bozo (with some input from Xorxes and Damo666 too) is a steaming pile of crap, because it is. If Worcej is scum, that has little or nothing to do with Bozo's incompetent theories.
what made you think france was a terrorist?

Jamiet99uk

#250 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:42 pm
what made you think france was a terrorist?
I am leaning terrorist (i.e. town) on ThdFrance because of his reaction when I pressured him. It seemed a towny reaction, genuinely confused by the issue with the flavour, rather than noob scum caught in the headlights.

Jamiet99uk

#251 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:47 pm

I have rather done a re-read of Damo666. Here is the rather brief summary, and my rather intelligent findings:

- Starts with a vote on Brain.

- Engages with my questioning of ThdFrance and comments about the nuances of the flavour wording. Calls ThdFrance unintelligence in the same sentence as mis-spelling the word "agency". Lel. (p3)

- Votes Xorxes.

- Asks which PRs we would like to be in the game.

- Unvotes from Xorxes in response to Xorxes voting for him.

- Says all his votes so far were joke votes.

- Continues to talk about the potential town PRs.

- Throws his vote onto Worcej without comment or explanation. When questioned, explains that this is because Worcej used the word "rather". Seriously, go back to page 6 and look at this shit. Damo's reason for voting Worcej was because he used the word "rather". BS.

- Comes up with some weird statistical analysis of the usefulness of no-lynching.

- Encourages me to vote for Worcej. When I ask why, he repeats the thing about the word "rather".

- Unvotes Worcej and votes me because I was checking when EoD was.

Conclusions:

1. Damo was really rather quick to un-vote Xorxes and say he was joking, as soon as Xorxes responded to his vote. Could Damo be rather worried that he had upset his team-mate by making him a potential wagon? If Xorxes flips scum that really rather implicates Damo for me.

2. His reason for voting Worcej was, rather amazingly, even worse than Bozo's rather shitty reason. Worcej said "rather" and is therefore scum? Give us a break.

3. His vote for me is rather bizzzzzarrrrre and he hasn't explained it.

Jamiet99uk

#252 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:48 pm

Damo is still in my scum pool, btw, if that wasn't clear.

brainbomb

#253 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 pm

im not sure ive ever strongly townread damo but none of what youre describing sounds compelling. sorry jimmyjam

Jamiet99uk

#254 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 pm
im not sure ive ever strongly townread damo but none of what youre describing sounds compelling. sorry jimmyjam
I'm not attempting to convince you at this stage, and my vote stays on Xorxes.

However, Brainbomb, what do you make of Damo becoming obsessed with Worcej saying "rather", and why do you think he is voting for me?

brainbomb

#255 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:00 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 pm
I'm not attempting to convince you at this stage, and my vote stays on Xorxes.

However, Brainbomb, what do you make of Damo becoming obsessed with Worcej saying "rather", and why do you think he is voting for me?
ok, I cant really understand why he is voting you or why he would think youre scum here.

Jamiet99uk

#256 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:08 pm

What about all the "rather" stuff? Why did he fixate on that one word? How could that prove Worcej was scum?

bozotheclown

#257 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:09 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 pm
Bozo is behaving as if saying "I'm town" is not only a claim, but a significant hard claim. This is bollocks.
worcej wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:12 pm
So you want to create pressure, I hard-claim town.

@damo/xorxes - Now answer me this, do you want to propose lynching me now because you have to know if I am lying or not?

I'll go with this:
##vote damo

If you're going to nit-pick me for one word, I'll put more pressure back on you because your reasoning for voting is always weird as shit.

bozotheclown

#258 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:11 pm

I never said my case on worcej was strong, just that he was my top scum suspect. I would still prefer a no lynch.

bozotheclown

#259 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:14 pm

I find brainbomb and Jamie both trying to shot down any discussion of hypeclaiming to odd. Maybe it is just because they seem to agree on something.

Jamiet99uk

#260 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:09 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:12 pm
So you want to create pressure, I hard-claim town.

@damo/xorxes - Now answer me this, do you want to propose lynching me now because you have to know if I am lying or not?

I'll go with this:
##vote damo

If you're going to nit-pick me for one word, I'll put more pressure back on you because your reasoning for voting is always weird as shit.
Worcej used the phase "I hard-claim town" in the second quote there, because you were repeatedly demanding that he do so, and calling him scum for not doing it.