Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#3281 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:00 am

flash2015 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 pm
@ghug - You say you are town, but you are really leaving it all up to Squigs to try to do all the heavy lifting. Either you aren't the expert you are purported to be...or you are scum. Which one is it?
We all know that I haven't done any heavy lifting this game.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3282 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:04 am

I am just looking at "the expert's" posts from the last day it basically comes down to some boasts, a bit of banter and "vote flash" (but didn't actually make sure it happened at the end of the day - where was he????). He knows he would have been in trouble earlier if I was shown to be town. This is all the backpocket strategy...the mislynch he won't need to justify because this will win him the game.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3283 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:00 am
flash2015 wrote:
@ghug - You say you are town, but you are really leaving it all up to Squigs to try to do all the heavy lifting. Either you aren't the expert you are purported to be...or you are scum. Which one is it?
We all know that I haven't done any heavy lifting this game.
It is all relative...:P

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3284 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:07 am

He has absolutely nothing, NADA, zilch. The only thing he keeps repeating is the fact that I voted the same way as him on D1/D2. I really don't understand how any sane person could find this BS convincing.

ND

#3285 Post by ND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:24 am

Sigh maybe I'm wrong on Flash too.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3286 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:42 am

If all you've got left is to lie about what I've done outside of pushing you and lie about what my evidence is for pushing you, I shouldn't have to do anything more to convince everyone else.

The "where was ghug" argument is especially disingenuous, as I warned everyone I'd be gone, and have had inconsistent availability around phase change time all game. This schedule is only really conducive to people on the east coast.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3287 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:56 am

Please show me all this expert analysis you have been doing. All I see is "vote Flash because he voted the same way as me". There is more than one person in a scum team, you more than anyone know that! Who are the rest?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3288 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:56 am
Please show me all this expert analysis you have been doing. All I see is "vote Flash because he voted the same way as me". There is more than one person in a scum team, you more than anyone know that! Who are the rest?
If you actually cared enough to read carefully, you'd see that I said just a few hours ago that the team is you, followed by two of ND, bozo, worcej, in that order of likelihood. You'd additionally have noticed days of actively questioning people, explaining my thoughts, and discussing others'. You also responded directly to my post where I gave several more reasons go vote for you, and the one where I explained the differences between our votes, so I'm assuming you're aware of those on some level.

worcej

#3289 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 am

flash2015 wrote:
The problem I have is this game feels like a town self-destruction, leading me to look at Durga as the driver into the shit-hole and then 2 people just lurking below her to be deep threats.

rdrivera2005 and bozo fit that lurking bill really well. Rdr's initial reads placed Squigs/Yav/Damo as the scum (N3 before reveal) and all of them have been confirmed town. He has consistently pushed flash now for 3 days until the DrCJG CC and picked the right guy. Bozo's top scum reads were also all town in hindsight. The interaction/discussion he had with Damo regarding a CC on Demon during N4 ('1/2 day' before DrCJG did it) now makes me think he was part of the planning of Demon's move he made on D4.

ND really put his effort into D1/N1/D2/N2 (58% of his total posting) and has proceeded to slightly contribute since then. I think his analysis on how the scum are operating is similar to my own, but that is NAI at this point.

Really, the only people I feel confident that are town right now are Squigs (ez mode) and Flash. Borderline with ND and bo_. Possible scum in ghug or Rdr. Fairly confident scum in bozo and Durga.

Durga

#3290 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:04 am

You've acknowledged you have shit skills in terms of reads, the people on me again with you were flash who literally said he was voting me because why not, and damo, who just plain sucks. Not even the scum team is trying to scum read me this time. Please just stop.

Everyone's scum reads in hindsight have been town. You can't scum read people based on that solely. What part of bozo's interaction with damo was sus to you? I'm curious to see if I'm overlooking something here.

ND

#3291 Post by ND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:29 am

I decided I'm voting Durga tomorrow. This is not the same town Durga from last game. Big change.

Durga

#3292 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 am

ND wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:29 am
I decided I'm voting Durga tomorrow. This is not the same town Durga from last game. Big change.
What's the change?

ND

#3293 Post by ND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:49 am

I don't remember you being so openly aggressive and hostile last game. Sure, you were a bit when heavily provoked, but this time seems over the top. Not genuine.

Durga

#3294 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:51 am

ND wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:49 am
I don't remember you being so openly aggressive and hostile last game. Sure, you were a bit when heavily provoked, but this time seems over the top. Not genuine.
You might wanna reread last game bby

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3295 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 am
flash2015 wrote:
If you actually cared enough to read carefully, you'd see that I said just a few hours ago that the team is you, followed by two of ND, bozo, worcej, in that order of likelihood. You'd additionally have noticed days of actively questioning people, explaining my thoughts, and discussing others'. You also responded directly to my post where I gave several more reasons go vote for you, and the one where I explained the differences between our votes, so I'm assuming you're aware of those on some level.
OK, getting you out of your little tunnel for a while, why those three then? Your last actual detailed post was N5...which was lots of words but very little information

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3296 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 am

ND wrote:
I think Durga was more hostile to you last game than anything she has done here.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3297 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:14 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:57 pm
The guy's IQ is the square root of Bo's.
The square root of 0 is still 0.

Durga

#3298 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:20 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 am
ND wrote:
I think Durga was more hostile to you last game than anything she has done here.
You were scum with ND last game albeit not for long. What do you think?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3299 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:31 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 am
flash2015 wrote:
OK, getting you out of your little tunnel for a while, why those three then? Your last actual detailed post was N5...which was lots of words but very little information
If you want to have a discussion in good faith, stop with the pot shots. They're woefully inaccurate and they just make you look foolish. You should also respond to my questions when I ask you instead of deflecting like you've done all game.

Now:
Squigs is town.
I townread Durga, she's emotional, self-interested, and comfortable in her posting.
I townread bo. His voting record is solid, he's also emotional in a way I'd expect from town bo.
I townread rd. His lurk seems to be the result of recent Brazilian elections, and he pushed RHK on multiple occasions early. I think a bus is unlikely because you don't usually get as much credit for lynching someone when you're not active in pushing the wagon. This is the weakest of my townreads, but I'm not gonna get to lynched my whole scumpool anyway, so I'm not going to consider it too hard.

Then the scumpool, which is part POE and part each of them being specifically scummy:
worcej's logic is consistently shit. He helped save RHK day one. He ended off-wagon day two. He strongly townreads flash, which is meaningfully sketchy at this point. He did pass the box to a townie, he didn't blindly sheep Squigs when he voted RHK day 5, and he wanted to lynch RHK or flash D4, so he's the bottom here.
bozo also helped save RHK day one. He worked to lynch damo D6. He blindly sheeped Squigs D5. He's also relatively quiet.
ND looked good early, but now he's not contributing much, and every time he does, he adds people to the pool of people he wants to lynch with flimsy reasoning in a way that seems like he's just trying to throw things at the wall because he wins if anything sticks.
Flash I've harped on at length, he's refused to give reads all game, he's deflected aggressively when questioned, he's got a bad voting record, he's consistently avoided lynches, and he's recently moved to taunting us with complaints that we haven't lynched him.

Now, flash, you haven't given us your opinions all game. Are you ready to change that?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3300 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:32 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:14 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:57 pm
The guy's IQ is the square root of Bo's.
The square root of 0 is still 0.
I figured it was more 4, 16, but that works too.