MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2421 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm

I have to agree with Flash on it. If you lynch me today fine, but tomorrow it would be lylo and we will have two town less (me and the NK).
I can't see how it isn't Flash, but I am really worried Worcej is going to lynch Squigs.

worcej

#2422 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:58 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm
I am not asking anyone to save me. I have been quite clear. If you believe I am the top scum it is better to vote for me. All I ask is if you vote for me to vote and I get lynched to vote for rdr tomorrow.

If you are unconvinced that Squigs is not scum it is certainly better to have that discussion now rather than potentially tomorrow (if scum is not lynched today)...since at that point the remaining mafia member would be in a much more powerful position. What do you need to convince you that Squigs is not scum? There must be other things that concerned you about Squigs. Do you want to provide a more thorough analysis of Squigs behaviour which we all can look at before the 5pm deadline?
I'll boil it out like this. My reads, seriously paraphrased only to pertain to scum tendencies, is this:
  • Flash - Noob scum-slipping by explicitly following Fox and seeking his lead. Avoids the crap out of the other mafia throughout the game, again until the fox interaction that looks scummy as shit.
  • Rdrivera - Low post count, but consistent. Also seems to be playing how he normally plays based on other games. As Squigs has said, this can be conveniently mafia since it's lurking. Squigs also feels like Rdrivera could've been hard-busing all game, but I have never seen this tactic from him in my meta reads, including when he was mafia. Also, important note, there has only been one vote for him the entire game (came from peter on D4) implying that old school members did not find him a high candidate this game.
  • Squigs - I go through your lists and feel that your analysis today is honestly forced at rdrivera. Reviewing all your lists:
    1. N1 = Flash is null, rdrivera is townlean (pg 32)
    2. D2 = flash is slight-town, rdrivera is town (pg 45)
    3. N2 = No reads
    4. D3 = They are both in 'towniest' - no actual scum in the scum list either.
    5. N3 = Same as D3...
    6. D4 = You pushed bozo (SK) hard - Note: N2 was only one kill with no explanation yet if doctor save or Mafia 'miss' on bozo (I am leaning to option 2).
    7. N4 = Again, Flash ahead of rdrivera in scum reads.
    8. D5 = You try to prevent the tracker claim and put me as a scum for trying to get the tracker to finally post. We all jump on bozo based on Vecna's decision and move forward from there. Not much else to go off of.
    9. N5 = Again, Flash is more scum than rdrivera.
    You pretty much imply through each section that flash is scummier, but say that you think experience from rdr is more important now. This strikes me as odd behavior that is not townie. At this point, I think you're trying to defend yourself without actually saying it, ultimately trying to get the final two votes as rdrivera and flash. Why would you do that? Because you're the 3rd scum and Fox was legit pissed at you for busing him.

worcej

#2423 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Ultimately, I see more potential malice/deception in what you're doing now Squigs over what rdrivera could be doing.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2424 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:15 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:58 pm

[*]Squigs - I go through your lists and feel that your analysis today is honestly forced at rdrivera. Reviewing all your lists:
  1. N1 = Flash is null, rdrivera is townlean (pg 32)
  2. D2 = flash is slight-town, rdrivera is town (pg 45)
  3. N2 = No reads
  4. D3 = They are both in 'towniest' - no actual scum in the scum list either.
  5. N3 = Same as D3...
  6. D4 = You pushed bozo (SK) hard - Note: N2 was only one kill with no explanation yet if doctor save or Mafia 'miss' on bozo (I am leaning to option 2).
  7. N4 = Again, Flash ahead of rdrivera in scum reads.
  8. D5 = You try to prevent the tracker claim and put me as a scum for trying to get the tracker to finally post. We all jump on bozo based on Vecna's decision and move forward from there. Not much else to go off of.
  9. N5 = Again, Flash is more scum than rdrivera.
You pretty much imply through each section that flash is scummier, but say that you think experience from rdr is more important now. This strikes me as odd behavior that is not townie. At this point, I think you're trying to defend yourself without actually saying it, ultimately trying to get the final two votes as rdrivera and flash. Why would you do that? Because you're the 3rd scum and Fox was legit pissed at you for busing him.[/list]
You're correct in that I had a bigger townlean on Rdrivera than I did Flash for most of the game. I didn't give a ton of thought to Rdrivera until late in the game. When I did do my in-depth analysis, that's when I realized how perfect his game seemed. His voting was pretty much exactly the same everytime, which has me scared. There were also a few posts that after rereading seemed scummier. They are still about neck and neck for my scumreads, but my gut is telling me it's Rdrivera. I'm fine voting for Flash if that's that's the Lynch that the rest of the town wants, but my policy has always been to vote for my biggest scumread unless it's near the end of the day and my vote isn't going to count where it is at.

The day 2 single NK could have also been due to both mafia and SK targetting Yaz. I think this is the more likely option, especially since Fox didn't vote for Bozo until his butt was about to be lynched.

I still think my reasoning on why tracker shouldn't have claimed D5 is valid. We had a guaranteed lynch on SK, so a daytime post would only out the tracker and allow the mafia to Target him at night. Instead I advocated for an EoN post from the tracker.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2425 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Damo, my vote goes with you. If you would like to stay on Rdrivera, I will stay as well. If you prefer Flash, I'll move my vote over to him to prevent any ties. I should be on at EoD, but make sure your vote switches plenty of time ahead of the deadline if you do to avoid any chance of this lynch getting messed up.

worcej

#2426 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:15 pm
You're correct in that I had a bigger townlean on Rdrivera than I did Flash for most of the game. I didn't give a ton of thought to Rdrivera until late in the game. When I did do my in-depth analysis, that's when I realized how perfect his game seemed. His voting was pretty much exactly the same everytime, which has me scared. There were also a few posts that after rereading seemed scummier. They are still about neck and neck for my scumreads, but my gut is telling me it's Rdrivera. I'm fine voting for Flash if that's that's the Lynch that the rest of the town wants, but my policy has always been to vote for my biggest scumread unless it's near the end of the day and my vote isn't going to count where it is at.

The day 2 single NK could have also been due to both mafia and SK targetting Yaz. I think this is the more likely option, especially since Fox didn't vote for Bozo until his butt was about to be lynched.

I still think my reasoning on why tracker shouldn't have claimed D5 is valid. We had a guaranteed lynch on SK, so a daytime post would only out the tracker and allow the mafia to Target him at night. Instead I advocated for an EoN post from the tracker.
That's all fine and good. I see a change of heart at the last second and you're style is to try to convince others right now, which is fair. I am just pointing out what I see and how you're playing, I think you're trying to avoid the lynch more than anyone else is right now.

My vote is staying - I was right on Fox earlier and I am using the same logic now as I did then.

worcej

#2427 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm

I do not understand why Squigs is such a universal town read by you guys, there isn't anything definitive there to justify it.

If rdrivera goes up, that's fine I guess. But then promise me Squigs goes on LYLO.

I still really wish Bismark would've explicitly said stuff instead of being vague... This would've been incredibly easier if we didn't have to interpret his crap.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2428 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Vote Count 6.2
Rdrivera2005 (3) flash2015, Squigs44, damo666
Squigs44 (1) worcej
Flash2015 (1) rdrivera2005

1 end vote out of 3… (worcej)

Presently rdrivera2005 is set to be lynched
Day ends in around 2.5 hours

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2429 Post by flash2015 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:11 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm
I do not understand why Squigs is such a universal town read by you guys, there isn't anything definitive there to justify it.

If rdrivera goes up, that's fine I guess. But then promise me Squigs goes on LYLO.

I still really wish Bismark would've explicitly said stuff instead of being vague... This would've been incredibly easier if we didn't have to interpret his crap.
I think he was hoping to survive another night. It was unfortunate that Vecna had to out him so early. I sent out my big block of text hoping to confuse the last mafia (to suggest I had a hidden tracker message inside). Unfortunately that didn't work...:(

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2430 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:48 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm

This is what is making me really worried at this point. I will go down today and Squigs will be lynched tommorow and if it's Flash the last one scum wins.

I could switch to Squigs to try to save myself, but then if it's not him I will be the lynch tomorrow and town lose anyway.

So, I hope Squigs reconsider and vote for Flash today and if it's not him, well I will be still lynched tomorrow and we will lose anyway, but I thinking the chance of last scum being Flash a lot higher then Squigs.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2431 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:54 pm

So, this is it, seems nobody is around to change things. Worcej, if you are not the list scum please do a full re-read on Flash. He did a great job going from the player the tracker listed for next lynch to a town read of you.
Same to Damo in case he is not the NK.

worcej

#2432 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:55 pm

People are here, but you're right they won't change.

worcej

#2433 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:56 pm

##vote rdrivera

Reluctantly to avoid any ties at least.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2434 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:57 pm

There won't be a tie. We can still lynch Flash, but I don't think Squigs will change.

worcej

#2435 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:57 pm
There won't be a tie. We can still lynch Flash, but I don't think Squigs will change.
I am actively here, so if he wants to move it's up to him.

ND

#2436 Post by ND » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:00 pm

PHASE IS OVER
PLEASE HOLD

ND

#2437 Post by ND » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 pm

FINAL COUNT
-------------------------

rdrivera2005 (3): flash2015, Squigs44, damo666
Squigs44 (1): worcej
flash2015 (1): rdrivera2005

End-votes (1/5) worcej

--------------------------

##GM NOTE: Flavor incoming unless anyone sees an issue with this. I'll leave this for two minutes before posting.

worcej

#2438 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:02 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 pm
FINAL COUNT

rdrivera2005 (3): flash2015, Squigs44, damo666
Squigs44 (1): worcej

End-votes (1/5) worcej

--------------------------

##GM NOTE: Flavor incoming unless anyone sees an issue with this. I'll leave this for two minutes before posting.
Technically my move was on-time, but had no effect.

ND

#2439 Post by ND » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:05 pm

FINAL COUNT

rdrivera2005 (4): flash2015, Squigs44, damo666, worcej

End-votes (1/5) worcej

In the city of Falme, a wind was stirring, it was neither a beginning or an ending; but it was an ending.

So much death and destruction had occurred it was as if the Last Battle had already been fought, but it hadn't. Yet, Rand al’Thor was gone and presumed dead. The heroes of the Horn of Valere were presumed dead and even the forsaken were presumed dead.

Egwene, also known as Squigs44, was sitting at a table with Loial, also known as Flash2015, Hurin, also known as Worcej, and Damo666, also known as Moiraine.

“What should we do now that Rand is gone?” Egwene asked Moiraine quietly

Moiraine starred ahead, “The patterns weaves as the Pattern wills” She paused and added, “We have to believe that the Dragon Reborn will return somehow.”

Loial looked at Hurin and the rest of the table, “There is still the matter of Liandrin. She has to be found!”

The party debated on what to do for quite a long time. Maybe it was luck or fortuitous insight, but just as it seemed all hope was lost a woman walked into the tavern. Egwene and Moiraine recognized her as Liandrin.

“Liandrin!” Moiraine yelled

The party were on their feet and before Liandrin could react they were able to subdue her.

“You will pay!” Hurin shouted

Liandrin offered words of assurance, but it was not enough. The party gave her to the Seanchan authorities in Falme and she was executed as a Darkfriend.

The TOWN has WON MAFIA XXXVII

God QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/8nRhwwciV8Z

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2440 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:07 pm

That was an unbelievably enjoyable game. Thanks everyone for playing.