MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
worcej
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 190

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2081 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:09 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm
Every issue Fox has put against me I have responded to and he continues to bus me. Look at him first once I flip.
This is a scumslip or you don't know what "bussing" means on Mafia?
2nd Mafia game ever. My intent is to say he is throwing me under the bus to save himself.

worcej
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 190

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2082 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:12 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:59 pm
So return question - I have contributed significantly more than Damo has, why are you going after me first for lynch instead of looking there? Bismark is also not really present, why not him first either? What is the thing that has made you go for me first the entire time?
Uh, Damo has posted more than you have, Damo has analyzed other players, Damo didn't sheep Teacher for 2 days, Damo is suggesting theories about who is scum rather than insisting that he must me Town. So yeah, you look worse than Damo.

I think Bismarck's play looks pretty townie. Fewer posts, but still analytical and putting out theories on scum.

But if you think I should be scumreading someone else, go build a case on them and convince me, because saying "look at someone else but don't look at me!" really doesn't help your case.
My case against you is that you are consistently indicating I am scum because of WIFOM logic or simply you think my reaponses are BS. You think I am not contributing, which is fair in your own right, but I was one of the few people who considered Brain town and continually tried to bring that up to people.

damo666
Posts: 2292
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Karma: 117

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2083 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Flash - what is your reasoning behind your vote for Squigs?

Peter - is there any reasoning behind your vote for Rdrivera or just whiskey?

Fox - if you believe Vecna's PR claim who do you think is worcej's partner in crime?

worcej - if you are VT who is your top scumpair?

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 75

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2084 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:26 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:09 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm
Every issue Fox has put against me I have responded to and he continues to bus me. Look at him first once I flip.
This is a scumslip or you don't know what "bussing" means on Mafia?
2nd Mafia game ever. My intent is to say he is throwing me under the bus to save himself.
Well, we normally say bussing when one scum vote for another scum to save himself or to gain town credit. We don't use exactly the way you did. But fine, I did some rereading and notice you used this way you described.

I think what he and Bozo and me were pointing is that the fact you claim VT doesn't mean nothing, it's bad town play even if you are town because it reduces the pool of PR for scum to target. Also, doing this during the day and not night is suspicious, seems more like trying to set a claim to save yourself. If you do a scheme like that at night to attract the NK it's more credible.

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 75

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2085 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:31 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:43 pm
rdrivera - I know that Peter claimed doc and no-one counter claimed. There were no votes on Peter and there are 27ish hours to go. There is no need to get all uppity suggesting I've not been following the game. Let's just see who, if anyone joins me and see what that might imply eh?
I confess I have problems following your logic. You believe Peter is doc and voted Peter to see if someone else will vote him so you can point them as scummy? Or you think he really can be scum?

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1654
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 75

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2086 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 pm
rdrivera - what do you make of peter voting for you?
I don't make anything. He is voting me because I have been scum many times and it doesn't have anything to do with this game. If he present some reasoning to vote me I will then answer

damo666
Posts: 2292
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Karma: 117

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2087 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Rdrivera - if my hypothesis is correct that the teacher 6 contain either zero scum or both scum then in the latter case Peter must be one of them

If the former is correct and peter is not scum then he probably is the doc (would he claim it if he were a different town role? unlikely as VT).

I don't know which is correct.

worcej
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 190

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2088 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:59 pm

This is a team game ultimately and I know I am going to be lynched at this rate, so again I say to go after the people that pushed me multiple instances: Fox, Bozo, and Bismarck.

In the case of Fox, it doesnt matter what my responses are, I am inherently scum. The arguments:
1. Present, but not contributing.

2. Me claiming VT because a wagon was forming on myself.

3. Because I am defending myself, I am scum. (The first legit thing he has imo) And the awnser is because at this point I am pointing it out that scum is protected by me because of your blind obsessions at putting me into their

4. The teacher and me voting similar - this one I find the most BS because the D1 shit was logically explained and commented on by others. Then my D2 move off of Peter, who I had my vote on the entire time, because his PR claim makes me scum? That actually makes the least sense out of it all - I said numerous times that I questioned Jaime’s attack on Brain.

Also, you probably didn’t bother to look it up, but I was scum in the noob mafia game. I NEVER SHADOWED MY PARTNER!!! The most obvious thing to do as scum is to create distance in this game and not appear together. Why would I decide to just do that now? What logic is there to do that?

Also, lets look at Fox’s votes:
D1: Starts on damo and Demon because of modkills. Posts a list, has me as scum lean, says he doesnt like wagon’s so he goes to start one on me - doesn’t take off so 26 mins before deadline moves to Yav
D2: Again, starts on me because I would be an ‘interesting flip’ - piggy backs on Squigg’s reads only. Ends on teacher2 because ‘if worcej isn’t happening, I would also teacher over peter.” (Potential bussing?)
D3: Votes BB, but again points to me as an option. Throws shade on my claim during the vote.

Go through Fox’s posts guys - he is bouncing from one posthumously known town saying they will be good information when flipped and is using NOTHING off the flips. He goes after Brain, Jaime, And DT. He just moves to the next person and says they are scum and potential partners.

The continual fact that I am being scum read and wagon’ed multiple times by Fox is my issue. He has just added stuff onto why I am scum without accepting responses. He has bounced from people and back to me over and over.

worcej
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 190

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2089 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:00 pm

ISO him guys, use peterbot, that’s what I am doing to see the trail of ‘this will be good info when they flip’ and getting nothing out of it from Fox.

worcej
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 190

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2090 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Fox on page 93: “If Jaime flips town, BB’s case for lynch is strongee”
Page 94 (to DT): “I think you’re tunneling Jaimet is my opinion.”
Page 96 (to DT when he calls Fox out for labeling him scum): “Maybe. Jaime’s flip will be an important data point.”
Page 99: Long post trying to show he didn’t think Jaime was scum when DT is on him.
Page 103: Glosses over Vecna’s claim, votes for me, and focuses on Brain’s death was dumb for mafia but not that it does anything to make others look better.

You are tunneling me (an attempt to use a better term) all the time fox.

Taking off for awhile, remember fellow townies that Fox is just spring boarding off people flipped towns to other towns!

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2091 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:20 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:46 pm
Of the 6 people still alive who voted to lynch Teacher is seems to me that these 6 either contain no scum or BOTH scum. I cannot make a case for only one, it does not make sense.

Now, if the no scum scenario is correct I make Worcej/Vecna the pair.

I have examined the opposite possibility and the way that makes sense to me is if Peter is Janitor so with one of Teacher/Peter bound to go they decided to sacrifice Teacher and the last person to swap his vote to Teacher was Bozo. Bozo's move away from peter on day 1 ties in with this theory. Nothing in subsequent voting contradicts this.

The BOTH scum theory is a lot more interesting and 'clever' than the no scum theory so I am changing my vote to ##VOTE Peter
can you stop with this nonsense? either you cc peter, or you stop wasting time with this nonsense

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2092 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:35 pm

i know people arent gonna listen anyway, but if we lynch fox, bozo and rdrivera, town wins.

people are scumreading worcej for shit reasons and id be very sirprised if it flips scum.
damo could theoretically be a totally dumbtelling janitor or sk, but i doubt it.
Flash might be the person im wrong about, but i still think hes town over bozo rdrivera and fox.

Peter, you should probably sheep me, since at least if we dictate the lynch its town controlled.

you shouls know by now thay fox, bozo and rdrivera are way more capable of pulling the wool over our eyes than whatever other lynchbait is being put on the table now.

if you dont believe me, just search the iso of fox, bozo and rdrivera, and look if they ever even mention eachother outside of their readslist. its very very minimal.

bozotheclown
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2093 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:35 pm
i know people arent gonna listen anyway, but if we lynch fox, bozo and rdrivera, town wins.

people are scumreading worcej for shit reasons and id be very sirprised if it flips scum.
damo could theoretically be a totally dumbtelling janitor or sk, but i doubt it.
Flash might be the person im wrong about, but i still think hes town over bozo rdrivera and fox.

Peter, you should probably sheep me, since at least if we dictate the lynch its town controlled.

you shouls know by now thay fox, bozo and rdrivera are way more capable of pulling the wool over our eyes than whatever other lynchbait is being put on the table now.

if you dont believe me, just search the iso of fox, bozo and rdrivera, and look if they ever even mention eachother outside of their readslist. its very very minimal.
You do not have to be an experience player to roll scum.

If I am wrong about the mafia not bussing teacher, I think Squigs and flash are as likely as anyone to have bussed teacher, they both voted for teacher when he was already the top wagon, and they were the two who tried to switch to Jamie right at EOD.

BismarckAlive
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:15 am
Karma: 7

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2094 Post by BismarckAlive » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:46 am

The SK can only be killed by lynching.

So,

##unvote Worcej

and

##vote Foxcastle

bozotheclown
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2095 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:04 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:46 am
The SK can only be killed by lynching.

So,

##unvote Worcej

and

##vote Foxcastle
What does your vote change have to do with the SK?

bozotheclown
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2096 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:12 am

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:43 am
Or maybe the JOAT is just Vekna, and he realized the longer you wait with your abilities, the more likely they are to yield usefull results. Also, theres something else that apparently everyone is missing, but itll come out soon enough.

But hey, im open to any counter-claims, getting a free scum lynch is fine with me.

And I agree with Bozo. Ofcourse they didnt intend to bus Teacher. But when that superquick shift suddenly came they probably got panicked into bussing him.
Can you tell us what we are missing?

BismarckAlive
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:15 am
Karma: 7

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2097 Post by BismarckAlive » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:24 am

Bozo,
I am liking the theory that Teacher2 had an accomplice with him on his D2 wagon. Again, D2 winning wagon on Ninja is probably unheard of. Teacher knows he stuffed up, and sees there are likely two viable wagons. Teacher2 saw the rigid wagon structure that day, thought his goose was cooked, so in the Mafia QT likely cooked up the strategy of having at least one scum partner on his own wagon, or maybe even two as Damo suggests. My running theory was based on D2 being chaos in a short period of time, but that is not the case. Hence, more people come into my radar.
There is still time for this day to be sorted, but Fox's posting/tunnelling strategy to date as highlighted by others is now looking like SK strategy to derail town with red herrings.

BismarckAlive
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:15 am
Karma: 7

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2098 Post by BismarckAlive » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:30 am

And we know SK is only killing Town at the moment, and SK can only be lynched (while Mafia can be killed by JOAT).

I think if the EOD wagons are only Worcej and Foxcastle, either death will be good for Town.

bozotheclown
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2099 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:00 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:24 am
Bozo,
I am liking the theory that Teacher2 had an accomplice with him on his D2 wagon. Again, D2 winning wagon on Ninja is probably unheard of. Teacher knows he stuffed up, and sees there are likely two viable wagons. Teacher2 saw the rigid wagon structure that day, thought his goose was cooked, so in the Mafia QT likely cooked up the strategy of having at least one scum partner on his own wagon, or maybe even two as Damo suggests. My running theory was based on D2 being chaos in a short period of time, but that is not the case. Hence, more people come into my radar.
There is still time for this day to be sorted, but Fox's posting/tunnelling strategy to date as highlighted by others is now looking like SK strategy to derail town with red herrings.
OK, I did not know you were saying you thought Foxcastle was the SK.

As for what you said about D2, the mafia can only talk in the mafia QT at night, so teacher could not have told any of his teammates to bus him after he became a top wagon. Also, we know the first four votes for teacher were from town, so the first vote that could have been from a scum teammate was at 43 minutes before EOD. If a scum bussed teacher, he did it on his own less than an hour before EOD with the teacher and peter wagons close. While this does not seem like it would be a good move for the mafia, maybe one of the scum team thought they should have someone hidden on teacher's wagon in case he was lynched, and when the vote reached 8-7 teacher over peter, they were stuck on teacher's wagon.

Vecna
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 91

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2100 Post by Vecna » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:13 am

Were better off lynching another mafia FYI, so they can no longer roleblock and it becomes a lot harder for them to kill off our PR's.

Lynching a mafia today, keeping our tracker/other pr's alive and this game looks pretty good.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bozotheclown, EspressoPatronum, Jamiet99uk, teacon7 and 2 guests