MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2061 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Worcej, you have not responded to all of my issues with you.

1) Why do you claim I accuse you of lurking? I never accused you of lurking.

2) What is your response to my observation that you and Teacher were basically voting in tandem?

3a) Why haven't you put out a complete reads list ever?

3b) Why haven't you put out a reads list at all since Day 2?

4a) Can you point to specific instances in your history since EON 2 where you are scumhunting or making a case that's based on more than "he scumreads me, I'm scumreading him back"?

4b) Does the total number of instances from 4a outweight the total number of instances since EON2 where you have simply been pushing the case that are town?

bozotheclown

#2062 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:28 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm
Bozo didn’t like my fake PR claim and explanation to try to see if Brain/Jamie/teacher (rip before night) bait. Turns out brain and jaime were VT thus didn’t work.
Maybe I missed something, how were you attempting to identify scum by coding a fake PR claim?

worcej

#2063 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:59 pm

@Fox
1. My Lurking comment is in response to you sayig I was present but not contributing. I treat that as the same net of Lurking, unless you feel adding any posts.

2. Teacher and my votes alligning for the first two days was a matter of luck. If you review my only other scum game, you would see me and DrCJG did not vote the same until near the end. The D1 was a huge easy wagon on thedip. D2 I moved off peter due to the PR claim issues and I went back to Jaime because I did not like the forced train/aggro on BB, who I had pegged as town early on. To conclude/summarize: Teacher’s moves and my moves were happenstance and would be foolish of me to just follow his lead.

3. Because it would contain a lot of ‘null reads’ and the list was long. Also, it would’ve screwed my code. So the better question is why didn’t I do one on D3 - I didn’t have good time to do it. I am on mobile only since D3 and a full list sucks without being able to scroll through posts on another browser/screen. Also, I am one of several who have not given a full list - so this isn’t special to me. That should cover part a) and b).

4. No, I cannot say I have done anything to scum hunt because it isn’t my style to be on the hunt but instead be observant and watch what people are posting. My observational and analysis skills are why I put brain as town because I believed he was trying to get people to post and slip, which is what I legit thought Jamie had done. Turns out Jaime just didn’t play very well/townie and was just all in on getting BB. So, technically b is also already answered because I am not someone who scum hunts directly. Maybe I will get better with this as I play more games, but this is my 2nd game so I am sticking with my strong suits, which is analyzing and observing.

Reason why I put my vote on you is because I believe you have tried to bus me several times without a direct post like this. No questions, just ‘I am scum’, which comes off as forced. Bozo is right in line with that too. Damo is doingnit too, but Damo is playing how he did in the noob game so I am not reading any deep amounts into how he is going about.

So return question - I have contributed significantly more than Damo has, why are you going after me first for lynch instead of looking there? Bismark is also not really present, why not him first either? What is the thing that has made you go for me first the entire time?

worcej

#2064 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:28 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm
Bozo didn’t like my fake PR claim and explanation to try to see if Brain/Jamie/teacher (rip before night) bait. Turns out brain and jaime were VT thus didn’t work.
Maybe I missed something, how were you attempting to identify scum by coding a fake PR claim?
My goal was to have an EON2 post showing this and then a kill on me would trap one of them (unless the remaining town team was terribad). This was all screwed up because I had an emergency at work right at EON2 (I work in a papermill - industrial production environments have upset conditions randomly) and was not around my PC to make a post for this.

damo666

#2065 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Of the 6 people still alive who voted to lynch Teacher is seems to me that these 6 either contain no scum or BOTH scum. I cannot make a case for only one, it does not make sense.

Now, if the no scum scenario is correct I make Worcej/Vecna the pair.

I have examined the opposite possibility and the way that makes sense to me is if Peter is Janitor so with one of Teacher/Peter bound to go they decided to sacrifice Teacher and the last person to swap his vote to Teacher was Bozo. Bozo's move away from peter on day 1 ties in with this theory. Nothing in subsequent voting contradicts this.

The BOTH scum theory is a lot more interesting and 'clever' than the no scum theory so I am changing my vote to ##VOTE Peter

damo666

#2066 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:53 pm

That's 3 days in a row I've moved off Worcej

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2067 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm
Every issue Fox has put against me I have responded to and he continues to bus me. Look at him first once I flip.
This is a scumslip or you don't know what "bussing" means on Mafia?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2068 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:46 pm
Of the 6 people still alive who voted to lynch Teacher is seems to me that these 6 either contain no scum or BOTH scum. I cannot make a case for only one, it does not make sense.

I have examined the opposite possibility and the way that makes sense to me is if Peter is Janitor so with one of Teacher/Peter bound to go they decided to sacrifice Teacher and the last person to swap his vote to Teacher was Bozo. Bozo's move away from peter on day 1 ties in with this theory. Nothing in subsequent voting contradicts this.

The BOTH scum theory is a lot more interesting and 'clever' than the no scum theory so I am changing my vote to ##VOTE Peter
Are you fucking reading the thread? Peter claimed to be the doctor and no one counter claimed. How on Earth do you vote him?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2069 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:53 pm
That's 3 days in a row I've moved off Worcej
And what this means?

Foxcastle

#2070 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:12 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:59 pm
So return question - I have contributed significantly more than Damo has, why are you going after me first for lynch instead of looking there? Bismark is also not really present, why not him first either? What is the thing that has made you go for me first the entire time?
Uh, Damo has posted more than you have, Damo has analyzed other players, Damo didn't sheep Teacher for 2 days, Damo is suggesting theories about who is scum rather than insisting that he must me Town. So yeah, you look worse than Damo.

I think Bismarck's play looks pretty townie. Fewer posts, but still analytical and putting out theories on scum.

But if you think I should be scumreading someone else, go build a case on them and convince me, because saying "look at someone else but don't look at me!" really doesn't help your case.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2071 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:30 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm
damo666 wrote:

Are you fucking reading the thread? Peter claimed to be the doctor and no one counter claimed. How on Earth do you vote him?
New theory on how Peter has survived as an open PR:
Damo is mafia and he and whoever his scumbuddy is mised the part where Peter claimed doctor.

damo666

#2072 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:43 pm

rdrivera - I know that Peter claimed doc and no-one counter claimed. There were no votes on Peter and there are 27ish hours to go. There is no need to get all uppity suggesting I've not been following the game. Let's just see who, if anyone joins me and see what that might imply eh?

damo666

#2073 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Oh Squigs please give me a bit of credit.

Rivera - I mean 3 days in a row I have voted for Worcej and persuaded myself to vote for someone else. I am just pointing it out before anyone else picks it up and tries to make something of it.

damo666

#2074 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:52 pm

If my teacher 6 theory is correct (ie contains either NO scum or BOTH scum) and the NO scum part is correct [which to me implies Vecna/Worcej] then why didn't they take out Peter? Unless Jack saved him or he saved himself I suppose. Oh this is difficult.

damo666

#2075 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:54 pm

I think it's time the PRs revealed some info.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2076 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:59 pm

damo666 wrote:

I think that is a bit of a stretch. Peter and teacher had been going back and forth for both D1 and D2...with teacher only backing off on D1 because there was an easier target (thedipplayer) while still giving him a chance at mis-lynching Peter on D2. I can't see teacher and Peter going out of their way on D1 to bring attention to themselves like that. Any potential sacrifice would need to be a last resort, which would suggest it would need to be someone late to the teacher bandwagon (e.g. Squigs or Bozo or me).

Of course, most likely both of the mafia were voting Peter leaving the mafia choices down to two of you, Bismarck, Vecna and worcej. And still SK could largely be anyone.

damo666

#2077 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 pm

rdrivera - what do you make of peter voting for you?

damo666

#2078 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Yes, Flash. if Peter then probably Bozo, if not Peter then 2 of Bis, Vec, Wor with as I have said umpteen times Vecna/Worcej the most likely.

If it is not Peter he is most unlikely to be lynched so for the time being my vote is staying there for the time being.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2079 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:33 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm
Yes, Flash. if Peter then probably Bozo, if not Peter then 2 of Bis, Vec, Wor with as I have said umpteen times Vecna/Worcej the most likely.

If it is not Peter he is most unlikely to be lynched so for the time being my vote is staying there for the time being.
Again - Why Bozo over Bis/Vec/Wor?

damo666

#2080 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Flash - I am not saying Bozo/Peter is MORE likely than Bis/Vec/Wor I am saying the scumpair is:

EITHER

Peter + 1 of Bozo/Flash/Fox/Rdr/Squigs (with Bozo the most likely accomplice)

OR

2 of Bis/Vec/Wor (the latter pair being the most likely).

Of the two choices I am not sure which is more likely hence I switched my vote from worcej to peter to gauge reaction. Rdr certainly didn't like it.

I did say the first choice was more interesting.

If no one counter claims Peter's doc claim I guess I will switch my vote back.