MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
teacher2

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#501 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm
@teacher - I am torn on Worcej's response...

I do understand the timezone difference and the Brain/Jamie spat... but his response felt quite convenient to me and a couple things stuck out:

1) The way he said he spent a lot of time on a possible code in BB's first votes made me feel like he was scum/traitor looking for a signal

2) a concrete opinion of NULL on Fox- which is largely just defending himself

But at the same time i liked his pick up that your math was having the SK die at night (though I haven't looked back at your math to verify) but it does show actual reading.

Furthermore, its at least some opinions... though he doesnt actually push a vote
1. I'll be honest, I did this too. Counting letters based on the journal count. Then characters. Then character substitution. All came to naught, but I think this is personality rather than alignment.

2. My math was off for the very reason he said, and nobody else caught it. So definitely close and accurate reading.

3. Agree I wish he pushed a vote. But its enough for me to want to try to go elsewhere. I will come back if it remains 2-2-2, but Im getting concerned about deadline at this point (plus, Im going to be cleaning off my desk until 415ish, but will be back online and focused for the last 30mins).

RagingIke297

#502 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:47 pm

BismarckAlive wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:45 pm
##unvote demonRHK
Come, join me on peter

##vote peterlund

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#503 Post by peterlund » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Teacher is behaving suspiciously. He started with this on page 4.
teacher2 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm
So yea, I think tracker should hardclaim right now. Seriously. My logic is below.
We know we have a doctor and a JOAT. Doctor can protect tracker N1 without interfering with tracker abilities. JOAT can heal tracker N2, without interfering with tracker abilities. Doctor can protect tracker N3 without interfering with tracker abilities.

In other words, having the tracker claim provides a knowntown for 4 days of play. It also likely forces scum to use their roleblock on that slot for three nights, leaving the JOAT free to kill N3 as the suspects narrow, and the doctor free to protect a different potential kill target N2.
This feels like a scheme to 1st reveal the town Tracker and then waste the important powers of the Doc and JOAT for several days with this scheme. Why? When we probably get the trackers info sooner or later anyhow?
teacher2 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm
Now, lets acknowledge the downside – it loses our only investigative role. But a tracker really isn’t as powerful as a cop. It cannot detect the scum kill so long as the ninja is alive. It can detect the serial killer, but that role is a threat to scum as well as town.
And this motivation for this shit sound very fake to me.

And then he votes me on page 14 with this motivation:
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 am
[*]PeterLund: Feels like a similar lurky D1 to M36, where you were PR. But PRs and Scums have fairly similar motivations. We were just getting out of RVS right in the prime of your posting time, but you didn’t say much. Plus, I strongly disagree with what you did say, that Brain-Jamie could be svs theater. Scumlean til you explain that more (previous question).
[*]Teacher: Dirtbag.
This is not very much like obv!town Teacher to make so fast and easy conclusions on so little substance. (He even uses the word "dirtbag" to describe himself! What do you mean by this wording?)

He only gives out "null-scum", "null", "townlean" "null-town", "modkill" or "town-read" judgments on every other player. Is he trying to avoid conflict with every other team members. Seems like undercover buddying to me. That is a scum-tell to me. Not what I expect from town Teacher.

He continues to get involved in the useless Flash's "maths" discussions. Everyone knows that town should use every chance it has to kill a mafia/sk member. Why waste so much energy on this crap? It seems that scum Teacher seem to think that this is a way to appear more active and towny.

I am quite confident (for being D1) that we here see scum Teacher in action. So I am going to ##VOTE Teacher. I will not be surprised when Teacher for once survive the first days NK and this without any doc/joat saves. I remember that he in M36 got NKed N2 (after Xorxes N1). It will probably not happen in this game.

teacher2

#504 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:50 pm

OMGUS. Welcome back Peter. Thanks for tunnelling.

bozotheclown

#505 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:50 pm

##VOTE peterlund

I think he is a better choice than worcej.

teacher2

#506 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:55 pm

By the way, for those inclined to Peter's case, compare this from me as VT:
teacher2 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 pm
Teacher’s Reads and Questions List 1.0

[*]Slot 1: Nully-scum.

[*]Slot 2: low-content null.

[*]Slot 3: Town-lean.

[*]Slot 4: am inclined not to lynch today but do have some suspicions.

[*]Slot 5: weak town-lean.

[*]Slot 6: Likely modkill

[*]Teacher: Dirtbag.

[*]slot 8: Null.

[*]Slot 9: Null-town.
To be clear, as I say most every game, I play the same way in any alignment, so Im not saying the consistency above is alignment indicative. But I am saying Peter's attempt to find a contradiction is stretching, especially from someone who literally saw me describe my VT-self as a "dirtbag" in the same game he references (M36) as well as the above (Newb).

damo666

#507 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:57 pm

##vote PeterLund

Worcej you are off the hook

DrCJG

#508 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:57 pm

To Peter's credit, the way he presents Teacher's posts does make Teacher look a little less clean cut than previous (town) Teacher...

I'll take some time N1 to reread teacher, but i think you gave poor context for those posts, furthermore I know i have seen teacher refer to himself as dirtbag, and i think you are stretching to far to vote him here in what seems like OMGUS.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#509 Post by peterlund » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm

OMGUS or not. Your vote got me to read an ISO on you Teacher. And I do not find it very pretty.

You look very different from M36. And I think the rest of you should check out his M37 ISO (http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g=37&user=teacher2) too and compare it with his M36 ISO (http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g=36&user=teacher2).

worcej

#510 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:00 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm
@teacher - I am torn on Worcej's response...

I do understand the timezone difference and the Brain/Jamie spat... but his response felt quite convenient to me and a couple things stuck out:

1) The way he said he spent a lot of time on a possible code in BB's first votes made me feel like he was scum/traitor looking for a signal

2) a concrete opinion of NULL on Fox- which is largely just defending himself

But at the same time i liked his pick up that your math was having the SK die at night (though I haven't looked back at your math to verify) but it does show actual reading.

Furthermore, its at least some opinions... though he doesnt actually push a vote
I don't have much of a vote to push right now other than I don't think BB is actually scum. I think the votes on him is the 'Jamie Train' and, as other said, because he is being weird.

I know that my reads were opinions, but there is purpose there - it's all about gut feels for certain people right now because there isn't much to go off of on some people.

Foxcastle

#511 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Bozo and RagingIke, can you give some justification for your vote on Peter?

I'm leery of voting for Peter because I thought he was being scummy last game when he was playing kinda lurky like this, and it turned out he was a PR. So I would prefer a stronger case...

RagingIke297

#512 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:01 pm
Bozo and RagingIke, can you give some justification for your vote on Peter?

I'm leery of voting for Peter because I thought he was being scummy last game when he was playing kinda lurky like this, and it turned out he was a PR. So I would prefer a stronger case...
This is the last time I'm going to go copy paste what I've already said:

As for Vecnas vote, I haven't played too much with Vecna, he seems to go early as for peter though, Peter is being very silent but I know how scum peter plays, we were scum buds a few games ago, scum peter only plays when he needs to so it could be a very valid push by Vecna

Foxcastle

#513 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Yeah, it would be a real shame if you had to retype something and slipped up. Much easier to copy and paste to keep your story straight.

damo666

#514 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 pm

How long to go EOD1 50mins or 1hr 50mins?

teacher2

#515 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm

RagingIke297

#516 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm
Yeah, it would be a real shame if you had to retype something and slipped up. Much easier to copy and paste to keep your story straight.
@ Foxcastle, could you please explain why you're voting worcej?

RagingIke297

#517 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
@Fox again, you watched M32, did I "slip up" in that game?

Foxcastle

#518 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
@ Foxcastle, could you please explain why you're voting worcej?
Because I feel like he's typed a lot and contributed little, and I think he's experienced enough to know how to contribute, but maybe still new enough that if he's scum, he's making the mistake of trying to be present without committing to any position on anything.

Foxcastle

#519 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:16 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:13 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
@Fox again, you watched M32, did I "slip up" in that game?
I have little recollection of that game, since I only started paying attention halfway through and had just joined the site and didn't know who anyone was.

Tell me, did you "slip up" in that game?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#520 Post by peterlund » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm
I give notice that I might not be on at EoD. I have family visiting, and tonight is the birthday of a very beautiful friend of mine, so I'm trying to see her as well at least for one drink.
A tip for you Jamie. If she is so beautiful, you should really stay at one drink! :-D