MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#481 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:40 pm
--snipped--

RagingIke—Null, but could be scum. Not much to go on. His vote on DrCJG isn't real, his vote on Damo is a pressure vote. And he notes that the Brainbomb wagon is interesting, but doesn't take the observation to any conclusion.

--Snipped--
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:53 pm
I am not excited about the Brainbomb wagon. I think he could be scum, but it's Jamiet (rage vote), Yavuz (who does not have an actual reason), and 3 newbies who seem to be voting for Brainbomb because he's weird.

The Peter wagon isn't particularly strong, either. You're pushing pretty hard, Vecna, and Teacher's read on Peter wasn't real strong, either.

##vote Worcej for now, and maybe a little more information will percolate up in the next few hours...
@Fox How is what you said here any more constructive than or drawing more conclusions than when I pointed the BB wagon out?
For one thing, because it describes players' actions (Vecna pushing too hard, Teacher's vote for a pretty thin scum read based on a couple of Peter's posts), rather than simply noting a phenomena (like your note that the BB wagon didn't dissipate). For another thing, because it explains my own thinking on the BB wagon and why I don't like it. I think there's value in that both for trying to figure out who the scum team is, as well as letting people analyze my own play.

Do you have opinions on why the BB wagon didn't dissipate? I'd be interested to hear why you think Jamiet hasn't managed to untunnel himself from BB, or why Yavuz seems to willing to vote for BB without a real reason. What do you think of Vecna's push on Peter?

worcej

#482 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm

So in response to lurking - I work and live in PST, most of these phases are during my work day and I was trolling around because it was mostly D1 (not informative during first half) and then we had the brain vs Jamie crap... Gotta admit - getting caught up has also been a drag... a lot of 'mean spirited' comments (granted I've seen the ire in other games) and it's getting old, so let's focus on the rage-bears for reads first:

brainbomb - LEAN TOWN: I spent a lot of time trying to focus on a possible 'code' in your first votes, but failed to do so. That ended up with me leading to the conclusion I am reading super heavily into your troll... I think there is legit a lot of bad blood between Jamie and you from the simulator and past games that I am more prone to think you two just needed to duke it out.

Jamie - SCUM LEAN: Another person I spent way to much time analyzing, only I was more focused on your laser focus on brain and the werewolf thing. Then I remembered M36 and you laser focusing on others, so I come to the conclusion that this is just what you do. This might sound mean, but you just are a confrontational person and that's how you play too. You provoke people into slipping at the expense of a personal, non-game relationship. But in this games case, your attacks have come quicker than normal...

Now that those are done, now my other concrete reads:

DrCJG - SCUM LEAN: Mostly feeling this because your playing out relatively the same as last game and I knew you were scum. You are very good at blending in and ducking/weaving. Obviously my vote is not staying on you though, but as I said I do respect your ability to blend so you're on my D2 and beyond list...

Foxcastle - NULL: Totally don't blame you for the vote, I do give off the 'lurking' image because it takes me hours to write these long posts (Newb game members will know that). I hope this list will satisfy your concerns of my content. I have you as null because a vote on DemonRHK is worthless - the logic of preventing a mod kill sounds good on paper, but the more revealed roles we see the better so that PRs can gather worthwhile information quickly.

teacher2 - TOWN LEAN: Once again, you're killing it with ideas/sugestions/mathing (although your math was off because SK cannot be killed at night). I think you're still trying to help everyone again, which puts you right onto my town list now that I am not trying to railroad you. Props for being a Poker fan (I am a casual crap player myself). I was actually on board with your tracker idea but didn't really voice it because several people were against it quickly.

peterlund - NULL: While others find you scum, I can't make much sense of those votes for now other than the lurking comments. I think you've provided little (other than your amazing bot) to have a read off of...

Now hopefully I have helped some of you. Though I see the wagon coming for me, I will accept the fate that I get because of work/lurking to write this.

teacher2

#483 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm

@Damo - you have a space in your vote. Please repeat it with no spaces between the double hashtags and the word vote.

yavuzovic

#484 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
I am not excited about the Brainbomb wagon. I think he could be scum, but it's Jamiet (rage vote), Yavuz (who does not have an actual reason), and 3 newbies who seem to be voting for Brainbomb because he's weird.

The Peter wagon isn't particularly strong, either. You're pushing pretty hard, Vecna, and Teacher's read on Peter wasn't real strong, either.

##vote Worcej for now, and maybe a little more information will percolate up in the next few hours...
Really man! Declaring themselves scum isn't an actual reason! With time, you forget what Brain said. He is the scum.

Foxcastle

#485 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Yavuz, do you think Brainbomb's comments about being a werewolf and wanting to kill townies was a mistake?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#486 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:26 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 pm
##Vote Worcej - it looks like there is a general consensus of him in lynch pools.
Can someone explain me how you get a scumread on Worcej? I read him on the bot and didn't have to scroll the page?
Thats how? scum motivation to blend in and park a vote on a vanity wagon so cant be blamed? Its pretty weak for me (Id rather be on Peter and Bismarck) but unless he does something pro-town Im ok with it.
Not sure I got what you meant.

But if I need to choose a lurker I would pick thedipplayer that has exactly two posts and a vote.

teacher2

#487 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm

@Dr: Reaction to Worcej?

worcej

#488 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Should've added this part, but I am leaning towards the yavu side of BB's argument.

@ yavuzovic - what is your counter to BB's arguments about your '180' from other comments? I haven't been around long, is he full of it or is there merit to it?

DrCJG

#489 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:36 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:26 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 pm
##Vote Worcej - it looks like there is a general consensus of him in lynch pools.
Can someone explain me how you get a scumread on Worcej? I read him on the bot and didn't have to scroll the page?
Same, not sure where this push is coming from
I don't believe the brain wagon and moreover I think it is useful to have at least two wagons EoD... I think the RHK wagon lacks useful information... from the remaining players I think Worcej has failed to contribute substantively while posting enough to blend in... is he the only one, definitely not. But, I am trying to consolidate..... and i now see he has posted so I will read it and see if I am convinced to try and consolidate elsewhere.

yavuzovic

#490 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Writes

"I imitate you lol smilesmile" -> I sent a phote that I say "BOOM BYE SCUM". Why did you add this here, this is completely seperate from what you're saying now.

May 25th yavuz says
Hey bb game is starting soon
I have an exam coming up Excuse / Reason
I need you to play in championships for me. Result
And also I might not be able to play until 1st of June. That's better you to go.

I trust you. You're better than me. That's true when you don't throw the game. Like you won as scum at MU
Sorry for in-quote comments.

RagingIke297

#491 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:40 pm
--snipped--

RagingIke—Null, but could be scum. Not much to go on. His vote on DrCJG isn't real, his vote on Damo is a pressure vote. And he notes that the Brainbomb wagon is interesting, but doesn't take the observation to any conclusion.

--Snipped--
Foxcastle wrote:

@Fox How is what you said here any more constructive than or drawing more conclusions than when I pointed the BB wagon out?
For one thing, because it describes players' actions (Vecna pushing too hard, Teacher's vote for a pretty thin scum read based on a couple of Peter's posts), rather than simply noting a phenomena (like your note that the BB wagon didn't dissipate). For another thing, because it explains my own thinking on the BB wagon and why I don't like it. I think there's value in that both for trying to figure out who the scum team is, as well as letting people analyze my own play.

Do you have opinions on why the BB wagon didn't dissipate? I'd be interested to hear why you think Jamiet hasn't managed to untunnel himself from BB, or why Yavuz seems to willing to vote for BB without a real reason. What do you think of Vecna's push on Peter?
I explained why I thought it won't dissipate earlier, I'll paste that here ---> "the wagon is almost exclusively newbies and Jamie who may not move at all". This seems to have prompted both BismarckAlive and DoubtingThomas to move. Jamie is a focuser, I could see him not untunneling the entire game. Yavu seems to be taking the opportunity of Jamie pushing on BB, combined with the fact that both Jamie and Yavu were in the simulator BB ran and are now out of it makes me think maybe they don't have an in game reason at all. As for Vecnas vote, I haven't played too much with Vecna, he seems to go early as for peter though, Peter is being very silent but I know how scum peter plays, we were scum buds a few games ago, scum peter only plays when he needs to so it could be a very valid push by Vecna

yavuzovic

#492 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:00 pm
Town yavuz is usually good at reading me as scum. Hes seen me as scum twice.
Technically three times, I was voting you when you at the last day at the game you won as scum.

yavuzovic

#493 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm
Yavuz, do you think Brainbomb's comments about being a werewolf and wanting to kill townies was a mistake?
Impossible

worcej

#494 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

@DrCJG - I hope my explanations move your opinion from lurking. My goal is to not lurk, but work distractions leave me on the page for awhile sometimes...

yavuzovic

#495 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:36 pm
Should've added this part, but I am leaning towards the yavu side of BB's argument.

@ yavuzovic - what is your counter to BB's arguments about your '180' from other comments? I haven't been around long, is he full of it or is there merit to it?
Look below

teacher2

#496 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm

It worked enough for me. You stepped up to the bar and Peter, though he too was on, didnt. Im going back to my read, however weak, and hope to convince others.

##vote PeterLund

worcej

#497 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Look below
Above in my case, but you did get at it.

DrCJG

#498 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm

@teacher - I am torn on Worcej's response...

I do understand the timezone difference and the Brain/Jamie spat... but his response felt quite convenient to me and a couple things stuck out:

1) The way he said he spent a lot of time on a possible code in BB's first votes made me feel like he was scum/traitor looking for a signal

2) a concrete opinion of NULL on Fox- which is largely just defending himself

But at the same time i liked his pick up that your math was having the SK die at night (though I haven't looked back at your math to verify) but it does show actual reading.

Furthermore, its at least some opinions... though he doesnt actually push a vote

Foxcastle

#499 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm
Impossible
Yavuz, so you think that Brainbomb just came out and admitted he's scum, on purpose?

BismarckAlive

#500 Post by BismarckAlive » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:45 pm

##unvote demonRHK