Why I take down the American flag every 4th of July

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
brainbomb

Why I take down the American flag every 4th of July

#1 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Every year, I remove the American flag from my back porch and replace it with a British flag. Nobody gets offended, but occasionally folks ask why. Simple, the UK is simply a superior country to America in terms of its culture, history, and its people. I make the joke everytime, "If the british won we would have Universal Healthcare, affordable tuition, and less gun violence".

RagingIke297

Re: Why I take down the American flag every 4th of July

#2 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Did you post this in the wrong forum or are you playing a risky game?

ND

#3 Post by ND » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm

You can always move there you know?

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Forum games?

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:34 pm

The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.
- John Adams

Crippled Kermit

#6 Post by Crippled Kermit » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Every year, I remove the American flag from my back porch and replace it with a British flag. Nobody gets offended, but occasionally folks ask why. Simple, the UK is simply a superior country to America in terms of its culture, history, and its people. I make the joke everytime, "If the british won we would have Universal Healthcare, affordable tuition, and less gun violence".
Aka you probably want to stay away from me

brainbomb

#7 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 am

Okay well then youre being weird. My 4th of july parties are fun, and theres lots if goid food, fun, friends, and great music.
I mean, you seem angry like my lack of love for my country means anything. Im still celebrating by buying fucktonz of chinese fireworks

brainbomb

#8 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 am

All I know is, China loves American freedom. So blow up hundreds of tbousands of dollars of cheaply made chinese fireworks to show why America is #1.

Kingdroid

#9 Post by Kingdroid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:04 am

ND wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm
it's actually not very easy to move to another country from America. If it was, I would've left already.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#10 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Kingdroid wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:04 am
ND wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm
it's actually not very easy to move to another country from America. If it was, I would've left already.
It is quite easy. Try it.

brainbomb

#11 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:27 pm

You cant just move to the UK because you feel like it

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#12 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Haha. Then tell all the illegals to not come here.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#13 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm loving this. Dipbro Brainbomb exercises his rights of freedom of expression in the "land of the free" in a harmless, non violent way and ND & Crippled Kermit seem to think it unnaceptable. It's similar to this "taking a knee" stuff during the US national anthem. Taking a knee is a silent, non violent way to make a political statement, in a nation in which freedoms of political expression are seen as fundamental principles of the US nation.
Seems like some of your fellow citizens have a rather convoluted notion of what freedom of expression actually is Dipbro Brainbomb. The freedom to express only those things of which they approve.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#14 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 pm

PS, that is an excellent satirical comment Dipbro Brainbomb, if the British had won the War of Independence, and the American colonies had followed a similar path to Canada, New Zealand and Australia, then you're right, you'd have better public health care services & better public education services and much better gun control laws and a lot less gun violence. Maybe there's a confronting truth in that which causes such vigorous push back from ND & Crippled Kermit.

Octavious

#15 Post by Octavious » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:41 pm

MajorMitchell wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 pm
PS, that is an excellent satirical comment Dipbro Brainbomb, if the British had won the War of Independence, and the American colonies had followed a similar path to Canada, New Zealand and Australia, then you're right, you'd have better public health care services & better public education services and much better gun control laws and a lot less gun violence. Maybe there's a confronting truth in that which causes such vigorous push back from ND & Crippled Kermit.
It's an interesting point. I guess it depends on what you believe is behind the core of America's affinity for firearms. The creation myth of the everyman and his gun rising up against tyranny no doubt plays a part. But how big a part compared to role of guns against hostile wildlife, the wild west, the Alamo etc etc is hard to say. As the old colonies tend to be less gun orientated than many of the later States it almost suggests that other factors than the revolution had more influence, but who knows?

Of course without independence the US would probably not look like the US. As we were allied with Spain at the time of the Mexican war of independence I dare say we would have helped them out. Or perhaps without the northern example to follow Mexican independence would never have happened either. The traditionally Spanish parts of the US would have stayed Spanish, and immigration into the southern US would just be Spaniards moving around the Spanish Empire.

Would Germany have dared to challenge a British Empire with American resources in WWI? Would WWI have instead been a war with Spain at its heart rather than Germany?

No idea :p

MajorMitchell

#16 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Good old Octavious, as wise as a tree full of owls. Perhaps it's just those ideas.. "universal public health care services" & relatively free public education services, or effective gun control laws that some find confronting.
I put relatively in my description of public education services, because in Australia our public education services have in recent decades introduced fees, although parents can get exemptions for primary & secondary School fees on the basis of hardship, low income etc.

Octavious

#17 Post by Octavious » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Really? Australia has fees for compulsory education? Have they tried to introduce a market based system, or is it a flat rate for all the previously free schools (essentially just a tax by another name)

brainbomb

#18 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Yes ssaurron. Ill be sure to tell the illegals to swim across the Atlantic instead.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#19 Post by ssorenn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:24 pm

I’d say ok BirdBrain but that would be an insult to the birds

brainbomb

#20 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:58 pm

ssaurron, you couldnt even catch two halflings who were deep inside yer shit. gtfo man