MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#541 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm

GM NOTE

I have had 3 end votes so far.

Night ends in 3 hours.

DrCJG

#542 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Unless the night phase ends early, I will not be here at EoN.

My opinions have not changed from my previous EoN reads list. I hope I will survive tonight, but if I am NK'd I encourage town to look back at the surviving player's interactions with Teacher and I.

@ Phil - I like your scum partnership readlists... I hope we can delve deeper into each tomorrow.

@ Sheep - Even if you found the game boring up till now, tomorrow it gets exciting... bring your A-game analysis

@ Worcej - As I reread your posts I get the feeling that you aren't calculating every word you write... which makes you seem more towny... but you should still be careful with what information you release and when you release it... sharing information is required for the team to win, but helping scum PR hunt makes you look awful.

@ Yav - Try and provide some more objective (voting analysis) and less subjective (meta/personality) in your vote suggestions... every time you attack Sheep's personality it makes you look scummy to me.

@ Ike - I told you that Xy4 had me pretty convinced he was scum and asked you to change my mind... you haven't so far.

yavuzovic

#543 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Sheep wants us to think that he thinks the game is boring. In fact, he is sewing a cover to hide that he is lurking.

yavuzovic

#544 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 pm

sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm
note

if there's a cop they can claim so we know there's no doc which means the teacher clear is fake

but there's almost always a doc with teacher as an inno here so we should be fine and there's no need to leave cover
And fairly obviously he PRhunts here.

sheepsaysmeep

#545 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 pm
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm
note

if there's a cop they can claim so we know there's no doc which means the teacher clear is fake

but there's almost always a doc with teacher as an inno here so we should be fine and there's no need to leave cover
And fairly obviously he PRhunts here.

there's no world where you actually understand the post and think this

if there's a cop, we would know that teacher2 is mafia

therefore the cop should claim to out teacher2 if one exists although it's fairly obvious that everyone should understand there's almost always just a doctor here

does that rewording help you

sheepsaysmeep

#546 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 pm

i might as well just snapvote yavu next day phase

like im fine losing the game if yavu flips town im that confident

Jamiet99uk

#547 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Night has ended

PLEASE HOLD

Jamiet99uk

#548 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog wept as the sun rose. The sight that the dawn illuminated was almost too much to bear.

RAGINGIKE has been KILLED. (S)he was AMY ROSE the Vanilla Town.

Day 4 has begun.

YOU HAVE 48 HOURS. YOU MAY NOW POST.

yavuzovic

#549 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:16 pm

I was roleblocked. But fortunately I wasn't doctor.

phil_a_s

#550 Post by phil_a_s » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:18 am

So first thing, theory. I'm pretty sure doc is useless now. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything, but there is only one more (potential) night when doctor can still pull off a save, and I wouldn't say possibly putting us in MYLO instead of LYLO is really that important.
However, the doc still has one ability - the claim. If uncontested, it can be safely assumed (once everyone has seen the claim) that the one person who has claimed is indeed the doctor - the global pool shrinks to four people, two of whom are mafia. All non-doc townies are instead individually at three people, two of whom are mafia. If the claim is contested, we have one pool of two people, one of whom is mafia, and one pool of three people, one of whom is mafia. Everyone's individual pools are a bit different, but that's the general idea.
Either of these scenarios seems better to me than a global pool of five people, two of whom are mafia, which is what we have now. Therefore, doc should claim.
I would appreciate everyone's input on this.

yavuzovic

#551 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 am

I agree.
I'm not doc

phil_a_s

#552 Post by phil_a_s » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am

Was gonna see if I could bait a claim out of curiosity, because I think I'm a tougher mislynch on this point than most, but I suppose we don't really have the time.

I am the doc. I have nothing that could prove this - I saved teacher2, but everyone knows that. None of my other doc actions had any tangible effects on the game. I invite any of the mafia to counterclaim me if you like.

DrCJG

#553 Post by DrCJG » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Left uncontested, I tend to believe Phil. I appreciate the claim as it should greatly reduce the possible scum pairs. If he is actually mafia I highly encourage the doctor to claim.

After being largely town read I expected to be NK'd and Ike was definitely at the top of my lynch pool so the kill on him seems very interesting to me.

I am very intrigued by Yav's RB claim... I expected mafia to kill and RB the same person incase the doctor was selfsaving... I could be WIFOMing but it seems like they also picked the target that was least likely to be saved by the doctor to ensure the kill. With that in mind, Yav's RB claim looks extra suspicious... but if Yav is scum... he had to know that he is a likely lynch target especially with Ike out of the way... then again on my reads list I explicitly said if Ike is town then I think it is Sheep with Worcej or Yav.....

I am definitely WIFOMing now... so I am going to pull up... @ Phil - do you think we can make anything of the decision to kill Ike and Yav's RB claim?

DrCJG

#554 Post by DrCJG » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm

IF Phil goes uncontested, the possible scum pairs are:
  • DrCJG/Sheep
  • DrCJG/Worcej
  • DrCJG/Yav
  • Sheep/Worcej
  • Sheep/Yav
  • Yav/Worcej
@ Phil - I would appreciate if you would look through the scum pairs that include me first as I will not be taking as close of a look at those unless... I would, however, be curious about any where you think buddying may have occurred.

I plan to take some time today to look back at interactions among Sheep, Worcej, and Yav as well as their voting to determine my top scum pair.

@ Sheep, Worcej, and Yav - I encourage you all to do the same.

yavuzovic

#555 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Ok DrC, I'll. And also I think it's sheep/worcej.

yavuzovic

#556 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm

To use for reference

D3: Useless.

D2:
BancroftS (4) - Sheepsaysmeep, Teacher2(END), xy4, Yavuzovic
Worcej (2) - DrCJG, Phil_a_s 
phil_as_s (1) - Worcej
Teacher2 (1) - BancroftS

D1:
Damo666 (5) - Worcej, xy4, phil_a_s, DrCJG, Teacher2
BancroftS (2) - Sheepsaysmeep, Damo666
Sheepsaysmeep (1) - BancroftS

yavuzovic

#557 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Keep this in mind:
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:20 pm
yavu, bancroft are scumleans

worcej is null
^Final votes + this post, I believe sheep and Worcej are scums.
Everybody can be wrong but he is also giving two innocent (assumed I am town) names as scumleans. Everyone may be wrong but this is so suspect.
##vote sheepsaysmeep

phil_a_s

#558 Post by phil_a_s » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:20 pm

The decision to kill Ike is definitely interesting. I would definitely have quite expected the NK to be either DrCJG or me, them killing me being somewhat conditional on them figuring out I'm doc (which I really think they could have - I suspect teacher2 figured it out around the time he started townreading me again). That said, I tried to save DrCJG last night. If they had gone for the widest townread, they would have hit a block, we would have an extra confirmed town, and I suspect that's part of the reason they did not in fact go for that. Alternately, if DrCJG is mafia, then RagingIke wasn't exactly the most scumread on the board, I guess. I still would have gone for me, but I'm biased. If they were looking for someone who was unlikely to be docsave, but could potentially be a threat to them, RagingIke seems like a pretty good bet.
The kill on Ike can be explained in many intersecting ways:
The mafia were avoiding the docsave
The mafia wanted to kill the least predictable player
A whole bunch of WIFOM involving RagingIke's reads and the reads of other players who were not targeted that I will not enumerate

With the WIFOM, you can incriminate anyone effectively at will. That said, I would still like to see players explain the NKs of their preferred scum teams.

I do intend to look at all remaining pairs and players and review them. Hopefully I manage that during today.

Yav's roleblock claim is interesting. You see, it implies that the mafia think yavuzovic is in fact the doctor. The doctor's only ability is to stop a NK (and confirm a town in the process) by targeting them for it. So, in this case, the mafia presumably expect yavuzovic to try to save RagingIke from the NK, and want to stop this. That seems, uh, unlikely. I would expect them to drop a roleblock on RagingIke to stop a selfsave, and then probably claim roleblock the next day. This doesn't look great for yavuzovic, but this argument is pretty WIFOM.
Another thing to consider here is N2. The mafia were going after teacher2, who I had saved N1. They knew teacher2 couldn't be saved again (I didn't feel like commenting on this at the time, but sheep was right - being a doc who is the only PR, has such a strict, predictable limitation on saves, *and* giving mafia a factional roleblock was infuriating even before like half of you started blatantly hunting for PRs). The mafia did not have anything to fear from the doctor (who they knew was the only PR) on N2. But we have roleblock claims from sheep N1 and N2. This makes no sense. Not only would the mafia already know sheep wasn't doc from N1, they also have no reason to use the roleblock at all on N2. The only viable interpretations are that the claim was used by mafia sheep as a smokescreen, or that mafia were deliberately trying to lead us to that first interpretation.

I seriously don't know what to conclude from all this roleblock stuff. It's all very WIFOMy and none of it makes much sense.

Jamiet99uk

#559 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:25 pm

VOTE COUNT 4.0

Sheepsaysmeep (1) - Yavuzovic

Currently SHEEPSAYSMEEP is set to be lynched.

There are 30 hours and 35 minutes left in the day.

yavuzovic

#560 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:27 pm

If sheep is town, I will not play in next game's D1.