Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I Sign Up

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I Sign Up

#1 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:43 am

Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I
<Lords of the Barony>

Rodoripol was a beautiful world of immense discovery. Jagged peaks, sprawling forests, and a great desert. Control of Rodiripols resources is divided among many city states, kingdoms and warlords.

Q: What is Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator?

A: Simulators are a forum based policy driven game. Forum members play a character and act as policymakers for a barony. Resource Management, crisis handling, marriage, worker allocation, discovery, and militarism are all duties of the Lords of the Barony.

Q: What are the mechanics? How do you play?
A: Lords of the Barony choose a character, each phase is 48 hours. The phases will consist of discussing what the Barony should do, what to research, what to invest in, what to build, whom to trade with. Where to send scouts or units, and what role religion will play in your barony. To make a proposal use twin ocothorpes.

##Proposal 1.0 : Establish a Religion (for example) (You would then describe the tenants of this faith and its role)

Why do I want a Religion:
Without faith your colony dies.
If you reach 0 faith, your populace rises against you.

Why do I want food:
If you reach 0 food you lose.

Why do I need population:
If you have no citizens or less than 100, you lose. Each phase the colony grows by randomization, factors you control, and factors caused by other kingdoms.

Why do I need Gold:
To estimate Barony purchasing power, invesement and taxes collected. If you are not solvent, morale will fail.

Morale:
Morale measures citizens happiness. If it reaches 0 you lose.

Health:
If your colony reaches 0 Health you lose.

Crisis Card:
Each phase a Card is drawn on a 1-100 difficulty rating. 100 is the highest and worst possible situations. High level crises can cause immediate colonial barony attacks, disease, drought, invasion or a baron dying. If a player dies he may rejoin the game as a slightly diminished version of himself if raised from the dead by a High Priest. You nay be raised a random amount if times that only the GM knows.

Example crisis card:

67/100 (over 50% indicates a negative event)

A troll has attacked a farm north of the barony. The locals call for aid.
Send troops to kill the troll
Send a fellow Lord to fight the troll
Attempt parlay
Ignore (-2 morale)

In this case the council chooses B. They send Arthane, a Ranger and several archers to kill the Troll.

Result of Crises: Arthane uses his once per phase ability to track and he is able to lead a force to destroy the threat. As a result farmers north of the barony join you for protecting them and offer +1 food per phase.

When does a crisis resolve?
All crises resolve fully in the phase drawn. A solution must be voted on during the phase. Once any vote on a crisis reaches a majority of approval from players, it triggers the result in game. Failure to resolve a crisis makes it trigger the highest negative option.

What if I want to go off on a solo adventure?
You can, as a player explore, go on missions and talk to people privately. There will be guest players and actors, and myself playing various roles during this game
All character NPCS will be resolved on discord. Or in thread itself. I tend to play many characters so take notes.

Is there construction options?
Yes every phase you may build.

Structures will have build costs.
For example a farm will cost you 200 wood and 30 workers.

Those workers must stay at their farm to produce food each phase. A farm will add +1 food to the barony.

If you wish to build a more powerful building that gives you new units or abilities,like a Mages Tower, youd need a unique mineral, mages, gold, stone, and 200 workers.

Is there science and research like in Civ6?
Yes. You research each phase. You asa council must choose what to research.

Example Level 1 Research:

Sheaf Arrows: your barony will produce higher quality arrows that can peirce armors.

Renown: You earn +1 morale for each luxury.

Burial Rights: Founds a Religion. Adds +1 Faith and allows construction of a shrine.

Guild: Establishes a county wide network of spies and thieves that add +1 Gold or they can attempt to infiltrate, steal, assassinate neighboring barons.

Barbarism: Establishes a local presence of Barbarians who will defend the barony and kill magic using creatures.

Mages Guild: Allows you to recruit from a school of magic users if your choice.
Evokers
Enchanters
Conjurers
Illusionists
Abjurers
Necromancers
Transmutationists
Alterers
Invocation

How do I choose my faction/Barony:
There will be 3 options to choose from at start of game?

When does this Start:
Mid-Late June later or sooner based on demand/interest level.

How do I get involved:
You may sign up below, or message me on discord as a volunteer to co-gm or to be an Actor/NPC in the storyline.

Once 8 people sign up there will be random characters to pick from, and players may opt to select characters.

brainbomb

Re: Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I Sign Up

#2 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:48 am

Mid-late JULY
Not June. I gotta build the tech tree and construction options

RagingIke297

#3 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:03 am

Ask and it will be given

1. Ike

thamrick

#4 Post by thamrick » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

I won't be able to start in the game. Getting married July 28th. Happy to help discuss the game setup with you and join or co-GM once I'm back from the honeymoon.

These are a lot of fun, so if you're at all curious you should join and give it a try!

Kench

#5 Post by Kench » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Firstly, congrats to Thamrick!

Secondly, I reckon I'll have some proper time to commit to the game this time. So sign me up!

1. Ike
2. Kench

WarLegend

#6 Post by WarLegend » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 pm

How long does a game like this last? Sounds interesting though I'm in.

1. Ike
2. Kench
3.Warlegend

RagingIke297

#7 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:38 am

WarLegend wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 pm
How long does a game like this last? Sounds interesting though I'm in.

1. Ike
2. Kench
3.Warlegend
The last game lasted about 2 weeks, but it can go indefinitely as long as players keep playing and have above 0 in health, morale, food, ect.

brainbomb

#8 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Needs include:

I need a co-gm who is interested and excited about simulators.

duties include: designing a technology tree that fits medieval era, and fantasy based ideas. We will collaborate and come up with a tech tree that is challenging, deep, rich and full of variety. the tree should include eras, hidden unlockable research, and a clear path to a tech tree up to tech level 5.

additional duties: portrayal of a number of NPC characters, assisting with phase shifts, keeping an accurate tally of resources and vitals. (this is also a collab effort)

co gm will be allowed to act as gm at many times, and play a wide variety of game advancing NPC's and villains. must be an active webdip member who has played in at least 1 simulator.

brainbomb

#9 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:18 am

I got a ton if work done earlier and may even be able to start this earlier than expected.

:evil:

brainbomb

#10 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:47 am

-Castle Verlander-
12th year after the rise of the King Thamrick.

(Lord Verlander is seated in a long hall, three fireplaces burn along the granite wall. Golden rimmed glassware at each seat, and none who dine with him)

Lord Verlander: (Begins opening letters)
To the Lord of Castle Verlander, While your daughter is fair, we are most dismayed by recent things she said during dinner. A woman of nobility should not talk in such a manner to guests. Our son Voburn will not be able to fulfil an interest of marriage.-

(he crumples the letter and throws it in the fire)

(He opens another letter and grimmaces holding his shoulder)

To the Lord Verlander, we must decline-
(he crumples the letter)

Dear Lord Verlander, I am Lord Coluoj, I am eager to meet your daughter, thought my journey will take many months. I own vast lands and would love to marry a woman of the central plains.

(He sets the letter down)

(Outside the room is a commotion, the doors are flung open)

(Enter Sophia)

Sophia: Father, I heard you had fallen during a ride. I came as fast as I could-

Lord Verlander: Sophia, it is good! thank you for coming. (He rises to hug his daughter)

Sophia: (Sitting)
What happened father, are you well? your arm looks bad have you summoned the priest? what must you do? Do not ride with those men they are too rough.

Lord Verlander: It is just a bruise dear Sophia. The soldiers must respect me or we will not be able to keep this Barony much longer. Please calm yourself and tell me where you have been?

Sophia:
I have been by the meadow. I enjoy watching the sheep as they move along the ridge. It makes me forget about mother, and lately I have wanted so badly to..-

Lord Verlander: You can talk to me. I grieve too dear daughter. you must know I grieve as well.

Sophia: Father I am not as strong as you. I go to places no one can hear me to let my mourning be heard. By God, by the World.

Lord Verlander:
You can always speak to the Acolytes of Gerinia. They are here to serve the Lords of this keep. Talk to father Michaelson, he can listen to your sorrows.

Sophia:
I dont feel close to them. I feel strange when I go to the chapel, it feels so confined and so lonely. When I am out among the fields and with the world, I feel much more free. I can think about mother, the way she would make us tea. How she would read to all of us. She would let me try on her dresses.

Lord Verlander: You are not a child anymore Sophia. She raised you to be strong and free willed. I am proud that you are mine.

Sophia:
I know we have drifted apart father, after so many suitors have turned us down. I apologize for my manners at dinner, you know it is hard for me to practice being a Lady.

Lord Verlander: You are a lady Sophia. And this castle will be your childrens gift. You will find a suitable Lord eventually. I am confident that you will.

Sophia: Father, please tell me you arent doing these rides and hunts, all these tournaments and sillyness just to draw suitors. I am not ready.

Lord Verlander: No Sophia, It is the father who is never ready. I do this because you are all I have left. I want to live to see my grandchildren fill these halls and to know that my barony is in good hands. My shoulder is a mild injury. Bones heal.

(Enter the priest)

Father Michaelson: Lord Verlander you are too risky. You should not ride with those soldiers again. they ride too rough for you. Here let me dress your wound and pray the lord will heal you.

(he removes plate mail to reveal a severely injured shoulder)

(The Priest begins praying and lays a hand upon Lord Verlander)

Sophia:
What are you doing to him?

(The doors to the hall swing open, A band of soldiers loyal to Verlander enter the hall, weapons drawn.)

Sophia: What are you doing! What is this? What is the meaning of this intrusion?

(A soldier removes his helmet revealing greasy and spiked looking hair)
Emerick: Lord of the castle took a tumble while riding. We come to protect our lord.

Sophia: Then why do you enter with weapons drawn, and booze upon your breath?

Emerick: Because the Lord of the Castle has overstayed his welcome.

(The Priest runs to warn others but he is cut down by Emericks goons. Sophia grabs her fathers sword and stabs one of the thugs in the chest)

Emerick: I see the girl can fight.

Sophia:
I will cut all of you down myself, I have trained with a swordsmith for years.

Emerick: And so have I.

(their blades clash, the men rush Lord Verlander and drag him off to the dungeoun. Sophia screams as Emerick disarms her blade and she is ushered off to the dungeoun as well)

GM UPDATES
  • We have an incredible game lined up that will be very exciting.
Please sign up and we can start as soon as we reach 8-10 players.

brainbomb

#11 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:49 am

GM TEAM -brainbomb- -thamrick- -espi-
Start Date: Once 8-10 slots fill.
Pregame phase will last an extended amount of time, longer than a normal phase.

1. Ike
2. Kench
3.Warlegend

yavuzovic

#13 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:02 am

Can we join after the game starts?

yavuzovic

#14 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:21 am

Reigns

This game reminded me this game^

PRINCE WILLIAM

#15 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:57 am

An interesting setting and one that starts with a coup d' Etat, I' d like to take part.

1. Ike
2. Kench
3.Warlegend
4. Prince William

thamrick

#16 Post by thamrick » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Yeah yav, you can join after it starts. We're basically ready to roll at this point, just waiting for a few more to sign up

yavuzovic

#17 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:35 pm

I won't join until July, but I can join before it starts if the game still doesn't start until July.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:51 pm

GM TEAM -brainbomb- -thamrick- -espi-
Start Date: Once 8-10 slots fill.
Pregame phase will last an extended amount of time, longer than a normal phase.

1. Ike
2. Kench
3. Warlegend
4. Prince William
5. bo

I'm too busy for mafia, too busy for the gunboat tournament, and too busy for pretty much everything, but fuck it.

Espi

#19 Post by Espi » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:54 pm

You are making the right choice @bo! ;)

worcej

#20 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:58 am

Is there any examples of how the game plays out? I would like to see one to see how it would play out :)