MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#361 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:03 am

Good, I was not roleblocked. Nothing happened to me.
##CALL GM Are we notified of being saved if the doctor saves us?

yavuzovic

#362 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:09 am

xy4 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 pm
Okay point taken Yav. I have been defending Sheep on multiple counts, but if you view the post right above yours, you’ll see I’m beginning to not be so friendly towards him. There’s more to come if Sheep doesn’t start being a bit nicer to everyone, and fixes some of his recent reasoning.
Mafias doesn't always behave friendly towards each other. As you all know, they should hide their alignment, even if tge other one dies. You weren't so friendly towards him, but when he needed that, you came and saved him. I don't take this as a good spot.

phil_a_s

#363 Post by phil_a_s » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 am

I investigated BancroftS last night, got an inno scan. Investigated BancroftS because I wanted to know more about D1.

So, I'm back. I'm rather surprised to learn that teacher2 appears to have meant the hypo doc thing seriously. I thought it was a reaction test, one I didn't really feel like spoiling at the time. Hypo doc makes no sense. With hypo doc, if there was an NK target, everyone who didn't pick the target would have already failed the hypo, since mafia would know they're not doc. It's also not really useful as ammo for a later doc claim, since the mafia know who was saved and could breadcrumb the same claim.

As teacher said, there are basically two options for what happened last night.
If mafia did not try to NK, then the PR and the mafia will know. The PR may be a cop.
If mafia did try to NK, then (if I am not mistaken) the saved person, the doc and the mafia will know.

I think if someone was saved, they should claim. The mafia already know whether or not someone was saved, and they already know who, so we're not giving them anything they don't know. All we'd be doing is giving ourselves the same information. Probably don't do this until at least two people have checked this over and agreed, but I really think it's our best choice right now.

xy4

#364 Post by xy4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:23 am

I investigated Phil last night and got inno. The main reason was to confirm my Town Lean I talked about in my last readlist.

I would actually agree with you Phil, I’m not a fan of hypo Doc. If everyone else chooses to go through with it, of course I’ll follow suit, but I don’t think it’s worth our while.

phil_a_s

#365 Post by phil_a_s » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:32 am

Found the post that explains the doc hypo in further detail - missed it on my first reaction. The reasoning behind it is something I had not thought of before dismissing it. It's not enough to convince me it's worth the work and the risk. I think most likely we end up in a pit of WIFOM, rather unlikely, we trade doc for mafia or out the doc. The best I can say for it is that I think the mafia would also get trapped in a pit of WIFOM.

xy4, what do you think about claiming docsave?

xy4

#366 Post by xy4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:37 am

I don’t think it’s worth it either. The only way it could work is if we do what I think Teacher said at one point (don’t remember specifically where) that the Doc shouldn’t say what they actually did, rather make a different claim like everyone else. This would hide the Doc at least for one night, but would mean we possibly would lose a different innocent unfortunate enough to happen upon the inspection that the real Doc actually carried out.

phil_a_s

#367 Post by phil_a_s » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 am

I think I might not have been clear about what I meant. I checked just now, and according to the sign-up thread, the person who was saved by the doctor knows they've been saved. Logically, the mafia also knows if their target has been saved. So I'm quite certain we don't leak any information to the mafia by the target revealing themselves. If we all agree that the person who was saved revealing themselves is safe, and no-one turns out to be the person who was saved, then we know that we're actually in case 1.

xy4

#368 Post by xy4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:54 am

Okay sure. I’m up for the person revealing themselves. But I’d rather have the support of a couple more people before they actually do it. Pointless mutiny is not fun.

Jamiet99uk

#369 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:21 am

GM NOTE

If someone is saved by the Doc, they are informed of this, yes.

teacher2

#370 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am

By the way, let’s not just focus on mechanics and lose a day. Ok we have no night kill. Several players (dr, yavuz, +) didn’t provide their thoughts overnight. There is no reason not to now.

Fair enough to people on the doc hypo. Since at least three are against I don’t think it will happen. I am the docsave (mafia already have this info so there is no reason not to share it). Counterclaim me like sheep:

1. If I were cop I inno’ed sheep (b/c.....)

2. I was not saved.

3. I was not RB.

teacher2

#371 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 am

Also, fwiw, I figured that if I was the save our doc is a common suspect so the hypo would force scum to counterclaim him or at least clear a suspect.

Jamiet99uk

#372 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am

GM NOTE

Due to the scheduled downtime tomorrow, this phase will end on Sunday, 24h later than usual.

phil_a_s

#373 Post by phil_a_s » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:58 am

Cop hypo doesn't matter anymore IMO, because we have a docsave claim. Given the clout and town cred teacher2 had even before the docsave claim, if this is a fakeclaim, I think it would be worth outing, even if we do lose the PR for it.

I was not saved. I was not RB'd.

Assuming sheep's roleblock claim doesn't get counterclaimed, I'd like to give him a pass for now. xy4 and Bancroft were already sent up once, so probably best to take a break. teacher2 is docsave claim. I'm me.

Leaving yavuz, worcej, and DrCJG for consideration right now.
I'm still null on yavuz, we just have so little information.
worcej is odd - I always find something that seems odd, maybe a bit suspicious, but when I ask worcej, the answer is not defensive, even if there's no real explanation, like with damo (I'm a hypocrite, yeah), or . I scumread his play, but townread his interactions with me. A strange situation.
DrCJG behaves like town, and was only really on the damo wagon early in the day. He seems less likely to be scum than either of the others, especially if I consider possible scumbuddy configurations.

worcej, you said that if sheep were mafia, it would narrow down the pool of other mafia significantly. Who do you think are plausible scumpartners for sheep?

teacher2

#374 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm

I kept the cop hypo up because I am not lock town and it’s not a lock we have a doc. But it isn’t worth all that much, I agree.

I really do want longer reaction posts from dr and Bancroft (I’d love one from sheep but just don’t expect it, and worcej has given one). I’d be fine extracting a full board reqdslist from Bancroft on threat of a policy lynch.

xy4

#375 Post by xy4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Bancroft certainly needs to start talking more. As you say Teacher, a detailed readlist would do the trick for now.

I’ve been thinking more, and Bancrofts scummyness may be to do with him being a new player like myself, and just hasn’t gotten the hang of some basics like posting detailed posts, and reading players.

I had a headstart because I’ve played a similar version of Mafia with friends, so the reading of players came a little easier for me.

DrCJG

#376 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Sorry for the limited posting, trying to catch up on work... but I have read through and I am ready to discuss with anyone on while I write up a readslist.

First, I will continue with the hypocop claiming:
  • I scanned Yavu and got an inno scan. I scanned him because I figured he had low odds of a NK and a chance of being around a while.
  • Also I was not Roleblocked.
That said, between the no NK and teacher claiming to be saved... it seems almost certain that we have a doctor. IF teacher was saved, the doctor can't save him again so we should expect him to be NK'd. IF he is mafia and doesn't get NK'd he will look very suspicious... it would seem like an incredibly risky play.

Regarding the hypo doc idea, my gut says it doesn't make sense... but my gut said the same thing about hypo cop... so I'll look it up.

teacher2

#377 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:26 pm

I’ll be clear. I didn’t look up theory. As the save, I wanted to be able to know the doc and tell the bord we had known town or narrow my list of suspects to two/three.

As for whether I survive tonight - 50/50 for the wifoming of it, especially if scum can ID or narrow the doc enough to be confident another kill goes through.

teacher2

#378 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm

BY the way, pending a counter to the role lock claim, I am inclined to believe sheep. He makes sense as a potential cop, and rb target. I don’t think scum sit on the rb while trying to kill me since they know they aren’t pr.

I’m going to wait to desktop to do a full game reread of doctor but my gut is pinging me. For now I’ll up the pressure on Bancroft before signing off for the beach.

##vote bancroft

phil_a_s

#379 Post by phil_a_s » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:42 pm

So, if we take teacher2's claim at face value, it would seem to be fair to assume teacher2 was targeted for being obv!town, what with, well, everything. teacher2 is also significantly more active than other people. I'm not sure whether this suggests that scum are lurkers who don't want to get caught, active players who want to control the town, something else entirely, or whether this is all too WIFOM to be useful. DrCJG, teacher2, thoughts?

BancroftS

#380 Post by BancroftS » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi all.

I'll do a detailed analysis later in the day. I've previously asked why people think I'm scum - and no-one has yet given me an answer... People are jumping on this bandwagon without thinking for themselves!!!

Also can someone please define what a roleblock is? (I wasn't roleblocked). I was also not saved by the Doc.