MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#201 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:19 pm

@Bancroft – salute for completing one of the hardest engineering degrees out there.

@phil – Been working on my RL for almost an hour due to work distractions lol…

A lot has been going on since my last readlist, especially the new xy4 vs. Bancroft wagons, so I’ll post it with my thoughts below

TOWN
  • phil_a_s – You’re continuing to do what I originally posted: digging for info. As DrCJG mentioned, you are putting pressure on people to respond (damo and myself for sure) and making them justify their opinions. This isn’t striking me as deflecting, which I would expect from scum, because you’re not pointing or implying guilt as you’re challenging these people, which I would also expect from a scum.
NULL
  • teacher2 – I haven’t noted anything different about how you’re carrying yourself from my first list, but one thing I am not liking now is you’re trying to start new wagons on xy4 and Bancroft with, imo, little purpose behind it at first. Once xy4 posted more, it made some sense, but initially it felt weak. Your anti-Damo wagon stance didn’t seem to contain much concrete reasoning other than it’s been the only wagon, so is this you trying to save him intentionally? I have a heavy town lean for you still, but wanted to at least express the question I have of the shift off Damo to the other two.
  • DrCJG – I think the leading driver of scum reads on you have been why are you acting different in this game vs. the last mafia game. The votes for you, imo, are the negative side of a WIFOM and the people defending you are noting your contributions and seem to be on the other side of the WIFOM, which I agree with more. Your vote changes have been due to dialogue and relatively closely timed posts (most notably the last one today) to other voters, so I don’t think you’re wagoning to deflect. I disagree with xy4’s stance and will get into that more below.
  • sheepsaysmeep – Your recent responses are very… passionate… and it strikes me as almost an over-reaction. DrCJG commented you were not over-reacting before with votes, but now you seem to be. I still believe the first comments of the hypo strategy is strong town focus. I am starting to lean you more scum, but I think it is more passionate over-reaction to the votes on you than trying to deflect away. You’re definitely on my scum-radar now more than you were earlier though…
  • BancroftS – I think you’re addressing any concerns people have about your lurking, so I am okay with it. I think my overall read, based on your posts, is you’re feeling sheep is the scum, which isn’t where my read is right now for sheep but I can understand the reasoning. I haven’t gathered much else from you due to limited stints of posts and in the you vs. xy4 wagoning, I see xy4 as more scum than you.
  • Marneus – No posts still. I will consider this yavu now pretty much and since there is nothing to go off of I will keep this headcount here.
SCUM
  • Damo666 – phil dissected your explanation and I already posted an add-on to his opinion as well. You made yourself look really strange with the explanation of votes (by your own definition it made more sense to vote someone else) and now you put forward a no lynch at first, which arguably makes no sense.
  • xy4 – Your read list contained reasoning for your towns and town leans, but beyond that I am seeing no good information for negative reads. Phil is scum lean for unknown reasons (your words) and DrCJG’s read is because he talks more, but I don’t seem him standing out more than phil or teacher. The 2nd point you have for him makes no sense based on post timing – his post for a vote for you looked like an agreement to teacher’s comments to change the wagon and he did confirm the same feelings for damo, but you’re posting more now comes off as ‘oh shit, I am being wagoned – must deflect!’
I am going to keep my vote on Damo for now since he is still wreaking of scum to me – if the situation looks tied still heading into the EOD I will change, this is a team game and a lynch needs to happen for us to get some concrete information, but for now you all should have a rough idea where I am at.

teacher2

#202 Post by teacher2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:20 pm

@phil: good point, but I think you are due a full-board reads list too (top of head, so apologies if Ive forgotten).

@Dr: yes, reaction test. Why I added the (true) info about leaving too.

xy4

#203 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Fellas, it may come across as though I’m only posting because of “shoot mate, I’ve got some votes”, but I’m in the middle of a two year school course which makes me quite busy. I get more time in the evenings but last night I was pretty tired. I do also live in Scotland which doesn’t help with some users who live in the US and beyond.

About my reasoning for Phil: I don’t have any! And yeah it’s pretty arbitrary to say that and I should probably in hindsight have kept him at null, but I won’t be voting for him this round certainly, and don’t want a lynch on him at all at this point. There’s more to be seen.

About my reasoning for Worcej posting more: he was pretty inactive at the start, and I did feel he’d been increasing the quantity and quality of his posts. I didn’t mean they were a full blown novel, I just meant he was posting more often than he had been.

Back to CJG again I guess. I am not voting for him because he was being helpful. I think he was being too helpful, so to speak. A lot of dense posts at the start seemed to me like he was eager to get a word in first. Appear like a false friend right from the word go (nothing meant personally ofc).

phil_a_s

#204 Post by phil_a_s » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 pm

worcej's reads list seems legit enough, though I suspect I may be a tad biased, given I agree with the conclusions, and it does flatter me. Would appreciate input from others on this.

teacher2, honestly, not much has changed about my reads since 10 hours ago when I posted my list. DrCJG and you still feel like town, worcej I am currently looking for less biased input on, my read on Bancroft hasn't really changed at all, sheep looks a bit scummier than before, but not really in the same neighborhood as xy4 and damo.

teacher2

#205 Post by teacher2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 pm

@Phil. Thx, I had indeed forgotten. Your summary brought ti back tho.

DrCJG

#206 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:09 pm
@xy4 - I am glad to hear you are voting for me because you think I am scum.

I would like to understand better why you think me leaving a leading wagon on Damo to join another wagon that ties "up the various wagons" makes you think I am scum. Can you explain why a scum DrCJG would be more likely to make this switch in vote than a town DRCJG?
I hope you don't feel like I am "attacking you if you can't explain something" ... I would just like to hear your analysis for why my switch in vote from Damo to you makes be more scummy in your eyes. It has been a bit since I posted my question to you, and you have made a few posts so I would just like to ping you again about this.

xy4

#207 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:48 pm

I felt as though the switch in vote may have been coordinated, or changing bandwagon to take away suspicion from yourself as you already had two votes. I could be wrong. I would have stuck with my vote even if you hadn’t switched.

DrCJG

#208 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm

phil_a_s wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 pm
worcej's reads list seems legit enough, though I suspect I may be a tad biased, given I agree with the conclusions, and it does flatter me. Would appreciate input from others on this.
It seems well thought out, though it does come to most of my conclusions as well... @ xy4 - What do you think of his readlist?

xy4

#209 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Of course I won’t be entirely happy about being labelled as scum, but I can see your reasons. I haven’t been contributing much, and my reasoning has been sketchy. I’d agree with most of your views aside from that, but Sheep is definitely Town to me. And of course the obvious difference in opinion on CJG.

worcej

#210 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 pm

xy4 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:01 pm
Of course I won’t be entirely happy about being labelled as scum, but I can see your reasons. I haven’t been contributing much, and my reasoning has been sketchy. I’d agree with most of your views aside from that, but Sheep is definitely Town to me. And of course the obvious difference in opinion on CJG.
Can you give any better context to why you have a scum read on phil? That 'unknown reason' distracts and takes away any validity I find in your opinion on DrCJG.

xy4

#211 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 pm
[quote=xy4 post_id=20964 time=<a href="tel:1528916508">1528916508</a> user_id=2602]
Can you give any better context to why you have a scum read on phil? That 'unknown reason' distracts and takes away any validity I find in your opinion on DrCJG.
[/quote]

Okay so for the moment you can treat my no reason on Phil as Null. I got some vibes coming from him because of his agreeing with CJG on a few different matters, but it’s a really weak read and I should have just put him as Null like I did with Damo.

xy4

#212 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 pm

That last post is a bit all over the place because of the double quote but it’s the last paragraph that is new.

worcej

#213 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 pm

xy4 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm
Okay so for the moment you can treat my no reason on Phil as Null. I got some vibes coming from him because of his agreeing with CJG on a few different matters, but it’s a really weak read and I should have just put him as Null like I did with Damo.
Do you have the same vibes for teacher2? He is also agreeing with DrCJG and also has him as town. I don't recall seeing that marked against him.

xy4

#214 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Teacher is another matter entirely, although I understand the similarities you’ve found. I think Teacher is being very calm and collected in this game. He’s being very nice to everyone, and while this too could be a mask, it feels more genuine because of the nudges, as I mentioned earlier, over a straight, “That makes no sense bro”.

DrCJG

#215 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 pm

@ Xy4
xy4 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:48 pm
I felt as though the switch in vote may have been coordinated, or changing bandwagon to take away suspicion from yourself as you already had two votes. I could be wrong. I would have stuck with my vote even if you hadn’t switched.
I am not sure I follow you. Based on this response and your readlist, I understand you to be hypothesizing that Phil and I are both mafia and moved in coordination to start a wagon on you to take suspicion away from me.

This seems unlikely for numerous reasons not to mention you now seem to be back peddling on Phil.

Perhaps you are actually thinking that I followed a town Phil onto your wagon thinking the Damo wagon was falling apart in an attempt to take suspicion away from me. This seems more believable, but I think Damo may be more widely scum read than you and even after Phil left Damo (which was as I was writing the post to do so myself) Damo was still tied with my wagon... I encourage you to reread starting on page 9:
teacher2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 pm
and consider why town DrCJG would have switch his vote.

xy4

#216 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:36 pm

The second option. I do believe that you wanted to follow Phil onto a new wagon on me, and I think you were hoping you could convince somebody else into voting me too. Something like that. Damo may have been read as scum by quite a few, but his vote wasn’t going up at that point, with many people set on their current votes. I reckon you felt there was a new wagon in order as I was becoming suspicious of you. This could all be wrong, but it’s my current theory. Thinking out loud if you like.

I don’t currently have Phil as scum in my head, but I am unsure about him being town too. That’s why I effectively reassigned him to Null.

Once again, I’m sticking with my vote.

DrCJG

#217 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Unfortunately I have a call for the next hour, but I will be back about 45 mins from EoD... I hope we have consolidated some by then:

@ Bancroft - your 1 vote wagon on sheep seems unlikely to go anywhere... what are your thoughts on Xy4, DrCJG, and Damo (I assume you won't be voting for yourself)?

@ Damo - you've indicated you plan to switch from no-lynch, can you walk us through your opinions of the other potential wagons?

@ Worcej - I still like your Damo vote, but what do you think about Teacher's earlier point that no one came to his defense?

@ Xy4 - Obviously I disagree with your vote and I think you may be tunneling a bit (I know I am on Damo)... regardless, if you are the only person on my wagon at EoD and you need to switch your vote to Bancroft or Damo, do you have thoughts on which one you would switch to?

xy4

#218 Post by xy4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

If I had to choose from the two, it’d probably be Damo. Bancroft doesn’t seem as scummy, but Damo had one thing in particular I wanted to talk about. His vote on no lynch. While I can understand a parked vote as a way of not antagonising anybody, I cannot understand A - Why he didn’t put it on someone he had a weak read on and pledge to change it if he saw anything else, and B - Why he has not yet returned to set his vote straight yet. Even a quick check through the chat for 10 mins and a vote would do the trick if he’s short of time. Using a parked vote as a way of not antagonising anybody may also have been an attempt to hide in the shadows until the end of the phase. I’d very much like to hear from him if he’s got the time.

I’ll change my vote about 9-10 GMT. I’ll have seen enough by then hopefully. Whatever Bancroft, Damo and I all pick will probably determine the result of this day.

Jamiet99uk

#219 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.6

xy4 (2) - phil_a_s, DrCJG
BancroftS (2) - Teacher2, Sheepsaysmeep
Sheepsaysmeep (1) - BancroftS
Damo666 (1) - Worcej
DrCJG (1) - xy4
No Lynch (1) - Damo666

Currently NOBODY is set to be lynched.

You have TWO hours remaining in Day 1.

Marneus_Calgar needs to post and vote before phase ends or he will be replaced. He has been emailed by one of our helpful Admins.

The GM will be offline for around 40 minutes from the time of this message, and will then be ever-present until the other side of EoD.

damo666

#220 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 pm

I have concluded DrCJG and phil are town due to their vote reversal away from me (why do that if scum?)

Ignoring the non poster that leaves 5. Teacher seems safe so down to 4. Of those undecided as yet. As my park vote not appreciated ##VOTE xy4. May well change depending on the next 90 mins activity. Back in an hour.