MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DrCJG

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#161 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Note for later- In my reread I was really struck by Phil's pressuring of Worcej and I felt it to be genuine rather than busing. I had found some of Worcej's readlist to be contradictory and Phil really forced Worcej to respond.

DrCJG

#162 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:06 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm
Dr/Phil/Worcej: You all are online now. Whats the latest time I can post a message that I can be confident will reach you?
Well I am a lawyer so I expect to still be in the office at 6 PM EST. Somedays are busy, but today you should be able to reach me up until EoD... if you meant in general then I have no idea I fall asleep at various hours lol.

DrCJG

#163 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:58 pm
@ DrCJG - totally not game related, but what engineering background are you? I am a Chemical Engineer myself :D
Electrical/Computer Engineering, now a patent attorney.

teacher2

#164 Post by teacher2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:09 pm

I love me some Chisum and Crouch..... (I am/was an IP/Antitrust guy). FWIW, I think the deep D1 similarities extend beyond what you said right down to targets, defenders, and ringleaders. But of course I could be wrong.

DrCJG

#165 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:09 pm

BancroftS wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:58 pm
@ DrCJG - totally not game related, but what engineering background are you? I am a Chemical Engineer myself :D
Are we all engineers? I’m aerospace!

About to catch a long haul flight, thanks for your responses, will hopefully be able to catch up on everything and respond before the end of day!!!
Hopefully? So are you unsure if you will be back to vote again before EoD?

phil_a_s

#166 Post by phil_a_s » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 pm

I intend to be around intermittently for the next several hours, and I also intend to be around towards EoD.

I would quite like to see a viable competing lynch target myself, actually - the competing lynches are DrCJG (which I would be surprised to see grow and persist into EoD) and pressure votes on a player who's going to be subbed out anyway. We get a lot more information with a D1 lynch that's not something of a foregone conclusion. My preference would by xy4, for the reasons I gave in my list. I don't intend to switch my vote just yet, though.

DrCJG

#167 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:19 pm

@Teacher:
teacher2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:09 pm
I love me some Chisum and Crouch..... (I am/was an IP/Antitrust guy). FWIW, I think the deep D1 similarities extend beyond what you said right down to targets, defenders, and ringleaders. But of course I could be wrong.
I think the progression has been very similar as well, and for fun I have started trying to make a list where I correlate people in this D1 to the previous D1 based on their actions. It will be interesting to see if the alignment of the targets, defenders, and ringleaders come out the same and perhaps more interesting to see if the NKs and lynches are performed on people with similar actions.

Since you think Damo, DrCJG, and Marneus may be poor wagons... are there 2 or three other wagons that you think it would be really helpful to see all tied right now?

teacher2

#168 Post by teacher2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 pm

I would love to see a Bancroft - XY faceoff. Those are my two favorite lynches. I am probably going to have to do a post making my meanings clearer to the board. however, so we will have to see what happens then.

sheepsaysmeep

#169 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:42 pm

so tldr no one likes the fact that i have a strong townread

like 2 people scumread me for having a strong townread

2 other people think we're scum together because i strong townread him

that's bullshit

sheepsaysmeep

#170 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm

i could say the same about anyone who has a townread on soemone "oh i dont like how he associated himself with her so early" "they might be scum together"

sheepsaysmeep

#171 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:44 pm

##VOTE BancroftS

the long post has like

no conclusions it's literally

he does this

oh this looks like he's helping town

but what if he's doing that to ocver him being mafia

oh this looks like something that benefits town but what if he's doing that to look like he's not mafia like

youre literally saying im doing things towny which makes me mafia

and there's like no good explanation for your reads

and the only real reasoning for your wolfreads is oh two people townreading each other must be wolf buddies

it's not like town can think someone else is town

DrCJG

#172 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Although I read Damo as scummier than Bancroft or XY they were my other two scumleans and since Damo is receiving pressure without a defense I would like to see Bancroft v. XY.

damo666

#173 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm

I think my posts being read by some as red is just a result of my not really knowing how to play this and just feeling my way.

Tbh the only vibes i'm getting is that at least one of the scum is a more experienced player and targeting me due to my naivety.

I'm beginning to regret my vote for DrCJG now so accordingly I now #'#VOTE NO LYNCH. I may well change this late in the day.

sheepsaysmeep

#174 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm

suggesting cop hypoclaiming is fucking not alignment indicative at worst

it's the standard on all sites i play on because it helps town so much when executed even decently like saying im trying to hurt town by having them do it is nonsense

sheepsaysmeep

#175 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

im pretty confident at least one of damo/bancroft is w

phil_a_s

#176 Post by phil_a_s » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Hm, this is odd. Damo, do you have any thoughts on Bancroft or xy? Or, for that matter, on literally anyone? I, as you might expect, disagree with you on the you being specifically targeted. I would expect an experienced scum to only drum up a wagon themselves if they were trying to save a teammate, and you were the first to be seriously run up. If you are innocent, then I would expect one of the scum to hide somewhere in the wagon. That said, this type of paranoia is one of the townier newbie behaviors.

If damo is scum, perhaps it won't be too hard to catch him later. I would quite like to test out the xy lynch now, see what we get. ##vote xy4

DrCJG

#177 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm

@ Sheep - What do you think of Teacher's belief that if Damo is scum there would have been some action to save him by now? The only real push to defend/save him seems to be this questioning by Teacher... is it to early to expect scum to start a movement or do you read this as indicative of him being town?

Well Phil you beat me to it... my read of Damo hasn't changed, but I am willing to give another wagon a shot.

##Vote Xy4

DrCJG

#178 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm

@Damo - Can you explain why you think no lynch is a good idea here?

teacher2

#179 Post by teacher2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:06 pm

damo, there is a typo in your no lynch vote that will prevent it from being counted. That also is a pretty anti-town place to end the day (I say this as someone who occasionally advocates no-lynch votes). I can talk you through the odds and game theory of it, but particularly in a game where we dont know whether we have a protective role, Id rather have some lynch and the flip/information from it than a no lynch.

A totally informal vote count, not counting Damo's switch due to the typo, just because I was curious. FYI, Im leaving my vote where I am for now, but am slightly inclined to XY over Bancroft personally.

Damo666 (2) - Worcej, DrCJC
DrCJG (2) - Damo666, xy4
BancroftS (2) - Teacher 2, Sheep
Sheep (1) – Bancroft
XY (1) – Phil

DrCJG

#180 Post by DrCJG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:06 pm

@ Damo - Furthermore, are you aware there is a difference between "unvote" and "no lynch?"