M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#6221 Post by kgray » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:14 am
Man I'm racking up the +1s on this kgray catch-up.
I felt like emc lol

BunnyGo

#6222 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 am

For kgray, a truthful and complete summary:

The day started out brisk, but sunny. A lovely day in Communist America for us all to frolic in. Only to find out that our useless enforcer shot a loyal and faithful member of the party. It's all well and good to shoot fascists, they aren't really people; worshiping some computer president.

In any case, that couldn't do. Not in our perfect utopia. So we got rid of the enforcer (don't ask) and replaced them with our new perfect enforcer: Tom Bomb. And to be sure no more party members get shot, we gave him no bullets! Simple AND cheap!

Meanwhile, we eventually discovered that our investigator was brutally murdered by those lousy fascists. Nobody noticed, because in communist utopia, we don't need police. We just have them for look pretty. But sadly, this police died.

Thankfully, we have other investigator who watched and filmed the death of police cop Nephthys. Is still wonder if Durga saw good samaritan helper or not, but don't worry about it. Every good samaritan is taking work away from the unions.

Meanwhile our heroic jailor was on the case. I'd been trying to protect people, while allowing the great party apparatus to work. Our investigator filmed me working too, and outed who I had "invited to dinner." Well, what could be done? I had to think fast to prevent the scummy fascists from finding me and stopping my contributions to the party.

I cleverly arranged for dissident to be found dead, and with my papers! Now scummy fascists think the only jailor is gone, but really the stasi is never gone, only forgotten...

BunnyGo

#6223 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:47 am
For some reason I thought Bunny was from singapore...
Really? Nope, I had a couple colleagues from there, but I've never been.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6224 Post by Chaqa » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 am
ghug wrote:
I felt like emc lol
Did you draw semi-erotic images of webdip members?

That's the real EMCxperience

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6225 Post by ghug » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 am
For kgray, a truthful and complete summary:

The day started out brisk, but sunny. A lovely day in Communist America for us all to frolic in. Only to find out that our useless enforcer shot a loyal and faithful member of the party. It's all well and good to shoot fascists, they aren't really people; worshiping some computer president.

In any case, that couldn't do. Not in our perfect utopia. So we got rid of the enforcer (don't ask) and replaced them with our new perfect enforcer: Tom Bomb. And to be sure no more party members get shot, we gave him no bullets! Simple AND cheap!

Meanwhile, we eventually discovered that our investigator was brutally murdered by those lousy fascists. Nobody noticed, because in communist utopia, we don't need police. We just have them for look pretty. But sadly, this police died.

Thankfully, we have other investigator who watched and filmed the death of police cop Nephthys. Is still wonder if Durga saw good samaritan helper or not, but don't worry about it. Every good samaritan is taking work away from the unions.

Meanwhile our heroic jailor was on the case. I'd been trying to protect people, while allowing the great party apparatus to work. Our investigator filmed me working too, and outed who I had "invited to dinner." Well, what could be done? I had to think fast to prevent the scummy fascists from finding me and stopping my contributions to the party.

I cleverly arranged for dissident to be found dead, and with my papers! Now scummy fascists think the only jailor is gone, but really the stasi is never gone, only forgotten...
Sounds like a dissident. ##VOTE BunnyGo

BunnyGo

#6226 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:36 am
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:33 am
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:31 am

Ghug is sad because they know you’re up very late and probably need sleep after how stressful this week has been.
you are so wholesome, i love it

how old are you aar?
I didn’t say it, that was all Ghug. I was just reading into subtext.

I’m mid-20s. Bunny likes to cite stories from when I was a kid but that’s because we lived in the same town until I was nine.
I think I've interacted with you more during the pandemic than any time since you moved. That's been nice.

aarodactyl

#6227 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:51 am
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:52 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:51 am
oh god 40 pages today when we have confirmed scum, are you kidding
Oh you're gonna love it
Yeah I have some thoughts... But I think I'll not say most of them, except please don't leave again! And also if you ever do an invitational again I'd like a spot :-D

Also I'm glad we're keeping Jamie because he's way more fun than Bunny, and @aaro I really hope you stick around!
If people promise games don't usually have this many posts, I'll consider playing more. Otherwise, I might not have time for another one. I have a lot of free time this month (which is why Bunny told me I should play), but that's not the norm.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6228 Post by Chaqa » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 am

Given the worcej flip, Bunny has to pretty much be scum after all, so.

##END

^^ symbolically ending to show I won't be changing the vote

e.m.c^42

#6229 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 am
ghug wrote:
I felt like emc lol
Did you draw semi-erotic images of webdip members?

That's the real EMCxperience
Hey now, I write a fair share too ;p

Multimedia, yo

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6230 Post by kgray » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:11 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 am
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:52 am

Oh you're gonna love it
Yeah I have some thoughts... But I think I'll not say most of them, except please don't leave again! And also if you ever do an invitational again I'd like a spot :-D

Also I'm glad we're keeping Jamie because he's way more fun than Bunny, and @aaro I really hope you stick around!
If people promise games don't usually have this many posts, I'll consider playing more. Otherwise, I might not have time for another one. I have a lot of free time this month (which is why Bunny told me I should play), but that's not the norm.
That's exactly what I said after my first game. Unfortunately that was in the spring during peak quarantine times and I wasn't busy enough to realize that letting myself get hooked was a bad idea...

I prefer mini games, personally. They're still lots of fun but way more manageable.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6231 Post by ghug » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:11 am
aarodactyl wrote:
kgray wrote:

That's exactly what I said after my first game. Unfortunately that was in the spring during peak quarantine times and I wasn't busy enough to realize that letting myself get hooked was a bad idea...

I prefer mini games, personally. They're still lots of fun but way more manageable.
I personally find that I will always find ways to underperform in other less important aspects of life like my job to make time for mafia.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6232 Post by ghug » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 am

We should play quicker games on discord again.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6233 Post by kgray » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:17 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 am
kgray wrote:
aarodactyl wrote:

I personally find that I will always find ways to underperform in other less important aspects of life like my job to make time for mafia.
Also this :lol:

aarodactyl

#6234 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:24 am

ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:
aarodactyl wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I would be worried about. I'm not working this month, but I'm going to be back to work in january. And working from home is already distracting enough.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6235 Post by Chaqa » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 am

ghug wrote:
Among Us.

BunnyGo

#6236 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 am
ghug wrote:
Among Us.
Talk to aarodactyl

aarodactyl

#6238 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 am
ghug wrote:
Among Us.
Talk to aarodactyl
I do like among us. I’m lousy at it though

Yoyoyozo

#6239 Post by Yoyoyozo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:51 am

I’m almost caught up (minus D2/N2) and I have to say I haven’t laughed this much in a very long time. It’s 1 here but I might finish up these last 30 or so pages before KOing

Yoyoyozo

#6240 Post by Yoyoyozo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:36 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:45 pm
I'll be incredibly civil with my responses here. I really just wanted to do what Eden asked of me, but I cannot sit back and not respond to all that has been said. Sorry Eden, but I will use my own voice this once since numerous others have already:
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:26 pm
Worcej is only upset that I'm making jokes about him calling me a bitch because he knows he was wrong, it was inappropriate, and it makes him look bad.
I will be 100% honest - I am sorry for explicitly calling you a bitch. I get the vibe that this is a gendered pronoun that you find incredibly offensive, and intentionally being offensive was not my goal. That being said, my opinion of you is you're incredibly rude, pushy, snarky, overly-sarcastic, and treat certain people as if they are beneath you. These traits all fall under the shorthand, so I just used that. This is not an excuse, but an explanation. Do not interpret this as an excuse. If I have to face any further consequences based on this incident, I will face them without protest.

Back to your above statement - calling you a bitch was wrong, but why I spoke up was not. You were rude to someone for no reason and portrayed all the above traits to that person. I do not regret calling you out for that negative behavior, because I consistently witness you doing it when you play mafia and even outside of mafia on public forums/discords.

I also do not care what people think of me on webDiplomacy. This should be incredibly obvious based on my blunt/rude response back to people that I do like and people who I scum read. I am not here to comfort you, I am here to play a game. If you do not like playing with me, you do not have to - you have that choice.

You brought up GM'ing a game with you - it was actually an incredibly negative experience for me. You designed a game where you made it an 'invitational' so that it would be a good quality game and pick and chose those people by your opinion. You intentionally left people out that you said were bad and talked poorly of several people in this community to me privately. That whole experience is where my negative opinions of you came to fruition - you're just not a person I could see myself being friends with, but that doesn't mean I cannot play a game with you.
Durga wrote:
I'll ask PE to remove me so y'all don't have to play with a toxic, intellectually dishonest, lazy, low quality person, someone without a sliver of value, idiot, dick, freak, trash, bitch ;) - just some of the things said about me **in this game** and not one apology (I will note that this is the game worcej has been nicest to me, ever, so that should really put this in context). Of course I'm going to retaliate when these are the things I'm being called.
Your colored words are not entirely my own, so the implied representation that they are is disingenuous, which is part of why I am short and not polite to you.
Durga wrote:
But hey, despite all those words being said about me, I'm the one at fault for **making a joke calling out worcej** - I didn't even insult worcej by making this joke.
If you cannot understand how your 'joke' is a violation of what was asked of us by Eden, then that's on you.

I'll at least explain that your joke, to me, was a provocation for no reason at all. You didn't need to say what you did, but you went out of your way to do it. You felt entitled to bring it up, and you acted on it. You felt like you had to call out the hypocrisy of what Chaqa was doing before I even really said anything of merit for what Chaqa said.

You deserve to be told you're out of line for this post to Chaqa because you were out of line. This doesn't excuse what I did, but just because I started it doesn't mean you get a free pass to behave how you did and keep bringing it up. You know my discord account (unless you forgot it) or could've sent me a PM here and we could've talked privately about how upset you were, but you didn't - you brought this all back up in the thread again.

Same thing I just said above applies to ghug, which I'll get to him shortly.
Durga wrote:
And I know the squad that is doing that is some sort of weird boys club.
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:26 pm

##vote durga

FWIW ND is an ass. But as I just explained to my 6 year old, we don’t respond in kind.

As for in game, I just can’t read you. You are a lot like the game kgray pointed me to. The outrage feels fake. And for me, it’s no longer fun dealing with it. I’d prefer a Balki wagon, but if this takes off, it is better than the POS wagons in play.
This is all you really need to know. That I was being voted despite the fact that all of those comments against me were done so unprompted. I can't wait for when people call Bunny's daughter a bitch, he'll tell her that she's at fault for calling it out. I know he's partially doing this because he's scum, but I'm v glad that I'm the one to catch him.

I remember why I quit webdip before lmao.
I don't think Bunny did anything other than agree with me regarding you initiating this again unprovoked, the same thing I got flak for doing when I started it by calling you a negative-gender pronoun. His vote on you was for game reasons, as it is highlighted in what he actually said when he placed the vote. I think you're once again being disingenuous by interpreting his vote and opinion of today's actions as being a 'squad' against you.

If we're talking about squads, the 'Durga squad' called me a misogynist (implying I am prejudice against women, which is an incredibly bad accusation to make of someone) and even brought my relationship with my wife into this game. We're all biased here, but I am far more offended by what one of your defenders said to me than I would be if I was called the b-word.

Yeah, I said what I said and I am sorry for saying it how I did, but ghug is right that I don't regret speaking out against you for what you did, I only regret how I did it. As I said above, the reason I said it was you were being incredibly rude to a new player and it didn't sit right to me.
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:43 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:35 pm

It seemed to me that you had been saying very rude things about Worcej's wife, no?
I happen to think saying that she doesn't love worcej is a great compliment.

I made a crude joke, which I regret, about worcej's obsession with insulting and belittling Durga while I was catching up, unaware that he was doing so in the thread at that very time. I was fairly included in the unfairly equivocal calling out of everyone in that argument.

More recently, I got upset with people (Bunny) for similar unfair equivocation.
How is that a compliment ghug? Seriously, please explain this.

And if you think you're being unfairly called out for including my wife in an incredibly rude implication and calling me a misogynist, then you need to self-reflect on how you behave just as much as I do.

You demand an apology for Durga, yet offer none to me for your even worse statements that you doubled down on multiple times.

I'm waiting for my apology from you ghug, so don't start with your ludicrous position that I should apologize to Durga for what I said when you cannot even make the effort to do the same for your toxic behavior.
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 pm
I have to do it. Sorry Eden. I hope my post will help resolve things instead of enflame things further.

@Worcej
Please don't just assume I'm whiteknighting Durga. People who know both of us will know we've had quite a few arguments in the past about progressive culture and racism/misogynism/libertarianism/a lot of things over the years.

From my viewpoint you called her toxic and a bitch basically out of nowhere from a really tame post Durga made. Like extremely tame compared to what a bunch of players have been posting. I don't actually see what Durga has done that's been so bad.

You essentially called her a bad person irl and it's clear you were targeting her personally because you don't like her out of game. You 100% started it from my viewpoint and it's weird that a bunch of people are pretending you're both equally at fault in this case when the worst Durga has done has got offended you called her a bitch?

Please reread how you've been acting towards her and it might look worse and harsher than you remember or intended, and perhaps you'd understand where she's coming from?
You make valid points in a lot of this Flum, but there have been several posts Durga and ghug have made since the initial spat that I did start that are provoking the situation to boil over again, like it did just now.

I wanted to do nothing but keep playing and handle this later, but here we are and here is my contribution to the derailment.
I’m fucking dead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: all this man had to do was say two words.